Flash floods triggered by torrential monsoon rain have killed at least 26 people in a west Indian state in the past 48 hours, authorities said Wednesday.
Incessant rains caused by a deep depression lashed northern and Kutch regions of Gujarat, causing death of 22 persons in various rain-related incidents and throwing life out gear, officials said here on Tuesday.
The Gujarat High court on Tuesday began final hearing on appeals in the Naroda Patiya riot case, in which 97 people, mostly from minority community, were killed in 2002.
The Gujarat High Court on Monday adjourned till August 4 hearing on a plea filed by 2002 riots victim Zakia Jafri against a lower court's clean chit to then Chief Minister Narendra Modi and 58 others in connection with a 2002 riots case.
Gujarat will witness heavy to very heavy rains in various places across the state during the next three days, said a warning issued by the Meteorological Centre here on Sunday.
Leaders of the Patel community on Sunday announced that they will organise public rallies in major districts of Gujarat to demand Other Backward Class (OBC) status and benefits of reservation under it in government jobs.
Police on Friday detained a Pakistani youth who was found in a mosque in Bhuj town of Kutch district of Gujarat.
Hussain Suleman Mohan, an accused in the 2002 Sabarmati Express train burning incident, was working as an auto driver when he was arrested from Jhabua in Madhya Pradesh by the Godhra Local Crime Branch (LCB).
The Gujarat government on Thursday upgraded the security of former judge Jyotsna Yagnik, who presided over Naroda-Patiya riot case trial, from 'Y' to 'Z' category.
Two accused in the 2002 Gulberg Society riot case on Thursday filed an application before the special trial court here, seeking to undergo narco-analysis and brain-mapping tests to prove their innocence.
The Gujarat High Court on Thursday dismissed a petition filed by the father of a 14-year-old rape victim seeking permission for termination of her pregnancy.
Facing closure notice, activist Teesta Setalvad's two NGOs - Citizens for Justice and Peace and Sabrang Trust - have conveyed to the Home Ministry that they have done no financial irregularities and no foreign contribution was misused by any of its office bearer.
Gujarat police has opposed in the Supreme Court the anticipatory bail plea of Teesta Setalvad, saying the social activist and her husband “misappropriated” funds meant for charity for personal expenses ranging from wine, earbuds to expensive mobile phone besides tampering with evidence.
Activists from Gujarat, including a former Gujarat chief minister, extended their support to Teesta Setalvad and her husband Javed Anand on Wednesday, alleging the recent CBI action against her was an "open misuse of power" by the Centre.
The Gujarat High Court has extended 2002 Naroda Patiya riot case convict Babu Bajrangi's bail period by ten days to enable him to undergo medical treatment.
Gujarat government on Wednesday announced plans to implement the Gujarat (Right of Citizens to Public Services) Act 2013, which gives every citizen the right to time-bound delivery of public services.
Self-styled godman Asaram's son Narayan Sai, an accused in a rape case, approached the Gujarat High Court seeking interim bail for a day to attend Guru Purnima festival on July 31.
The Gujarat government on Wednesday announced that it was going to bring an ordinance to make voting compulsory for elected representatives of local bodies.
Gujarat government on Wednesday moved the Supreme Court seeking cancellation of interim bail to social activists Teesta Setalvad and her husband Javed Anand.
Former judge Jyotsna Yagnik, who pronounced the verdict in the 2002 Naroda Patiya riots case, convicting 31 persons for killing 97 members of minority community, on Wednesday accused the Gujarat government of turning a deaf ear to her request to enhance her security.
Authorities on Tuesday conducted a raid on an illegal sand mining unit operating near Don Bosco School area here and seized 10 tractors carrying illegal sand from the site.
The Supreme Court Tuesday adjourned the hearing on the anticipatory bail plea of activist Teesta Setalvad and her husband Javed Anand till July 24 in connection with the case against her firm for allegedly receiving foreign donations in violation of the Foreign Contribution Regulation Act (FCRA).
A Pakistani national was held by Border Security Force at border in Kutch district, a BSF official said here on Monday.
Four persons were on Monday briefly detained by Kheda district police for allegedly trying to go near the stationary helicopter of Gujarat Chief Minister Anandiben Patel for taking 'a selfie' on mobile phone.
The Gujarat High Court on Monday rejected the bail plea of Vismay Shah, awarded a five-year jail term by a lower court in a 2013 BMW hit-and-run case, even as his lawyer cited the case of superstar Salman Khan who was given the relief in a similar incident in Mumbai.
A fire broke out in Citibank premises here on Monday morning, civic officials said.
In order to facilitate developmental works by various urban and semi-urban civic bodies in the state, the Gujarat government has decided to undertake a project to relocate existing electricity infrastructure, such as poles and transformers, at a cost of Rs 100 crore.
Surat became the first city of the country to launch a picture intelligence unit, comprising real time facial recognition, number plate recognition and vehicle speed violation system after Gujarat Chief Minister Anandiben Patel dedicated the Rs 38-crore project to police here on Sunday.
The Indian Coast Guard has intercepted at least 10 Chinese boats off the coast of Gujarat, reports said on Saturday.
The city was drowned in festivities on Saturday as it witnessed the 138th Rath Yatra of Lord Jagannath, which is coinciding with the festival of Eid-ul-Fitr after 30 years amid heightened vigil by security agencies.
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- PM Modi condoles APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- Former President APJ Abdul Kalam passes away
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Will India ever give befitting reply?
- Woman among terrorists who attacked Gurdaspur police station
- DNA: Gurdaspur terror attack- As it happened
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- VVIPs, people pay last respects to Dr Kalam at his Delhi residence
- Lata Mangeshkar mourns former President APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- The life and times of Dr APJ Abdul Kalam!
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam
- APJ Abdul Kalam: Not Hindu, Not Muslim – Death of an 'Indian'
- Arvind Kejriwal meets LK Advani at his residence
- Yakub Memon likely to be buried at jail premises after execution, kin may not get his body
- APJ Abdul Kalam ill – All That We Know At The Moment
- Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' beats 'Baahubali', celebrates Rs 400 crore worldwide collections
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- How a domestic help turned into the world's richest – crazy story of a Kanpur woman!