The Gujarat government on Wednesday refused to accept an undertaking by jailed Patidar leader Hardik Patel in the Gujarat High Court that he won`t indulge in any activity to provoke people if he was granted bail in the two sedition cases slapped against him.
Jailed Patel quota agitation leader Hardik Patel's lawyer on Tuesday told the Gujarat High Court that his client is willing to give an undertaking in writing to refrain from activities that may affect law and order if granted bail.
According to media reports the PAAS are not satisfied with the Gujarat CM announcing 10 percent reservation.
Citing a CAG report which rapped GSPC for mismanagement, Congress workers here today burnt an effigy of Prime Minister Narendra Modi as they demanded a probe into the alleged scam in Gujarat State Petroleum Corporation.
Several Shiv Sena members were detained on Saturday for trying to stage protest outside the concert venue of Pakistani singer Rahat Fateh Ali Khan in Ahmedabad.
The Hardik Patel-led Patidar Anamat Andolan Samiti (PAAS), which was demanding inclusion of the Patels in the OBC category for reservation, Friday rejected Gujarat government's announcement of 10 per cent reservation for the economically backward among upper castes and termed it as a "lollipop" by the government to misguide Patel community.
The Gujarat government on Friday announced 10% reservation for the economically backward class in general category, which includes Patidar community.
The election to Gandhinagar Municipal Corporation (GMC) has resulted in a tie as both the BJP and Congress won 16 seats each out of the total 32 in the counting held on Tuesday.
A seven months-old girl fell into a 500 feet deep borewell in Surendranagar district of Gujarat on Monday.
A case has been registered against Kripalsinh Jadeja, who opened fire in air during the marriage procession of cricketer Ravindra Jadeja on 17th April.
The Ahmedabad district administration on Monday issued a notification making it mandatory for all migrant labourers engaged in construction work to register themselves with the nearest police station. They are liable to be prosecuted if they fail to do so.
The police have arrested 11 students of an engineering college in Anand, in central Gujarat, for allegedly gang raping a 20-year-old woman from the Union Territory of Daman.
Shiv Sena workers on Monday allegedly tore banners of Pakistani singer Rahat Fateh Ali Khan's concert which is scheduled to be held on April 30.
Akhil Bharatiya Hindu Mahasabha has said it will contest the Gujarat Assembly Polls to be held next year.
Three persons arrested in connection with the murder of two BJP leaders in Bharuch last year on Saturday told a special court here that officials of probe agency NIA were forcing them to admit they were involved in the crime but they refused to do so.
Citing an expert committee report on fuels, the state government today told the Gujarat High Court that CNG will prove more harmful to the environment than diesel "as CNG engines emit more greenhouse gases than diesel".
Seeking bail for jailed OBC quota agitation leader Hardik Patel, his lawyer on Friday argued in the High Court here that his client never instigated the people to resort to violence and had in fact appealed for peace.
Pakistani ghazal maestro Ghulam Ali today received 'Hanumant Award' from a religious trust even as police foiled the bid by Shiv Sena activists to stage protest outside the venue of the event at Talgajarda village in Bhavnagar district.
In more trouble for controversial godman Asaram Bapu, the Income Tax department has slapped Rs 750 crore fine on him and his son Narayan Sai.
A suspected drug peddler, who hacked to death an Ahmedabad police constable this week, was picked up in central Gujarat following a massive manhunt involving 250 personnel.
The crime branch of city police on Thursday brought Alamzeb Afridi, an alleged Indian Mujahideen operative and a key accused of the 2008 Ahmedabad serial blasts case, here through a transfer warrant from Bengaluru.
India will get its first bullet train very soon!
Jailed quota agitation leader Hardik Patel today handed over a letter in a sealed cover to Patel leaders who are working as mediators between agitators and the government, asking them to deliver it to Gujarat Chief Minister Anandiben Patel.
The Ahmedabad bound Jet Airways flight was on Wednesday halted following a threat call.
The Gujarat High Court has ruled that every member of a rioting mob is guilty of the offence committed by some of its constituents, while maintaining that cases related to communal riots require "very careful handling."
The Bharatiya Janata Party attack came after a media report said the then Home Minister P Chidambaram had signed the first affidavit in the 2004 Ishrat Jahan case.
A Gujarat bandh called by the Patel community on Monday received lukewarm response with life remaining normal across the State, including in Mehsana town, which saw clashes between the Patidars and police on Sunday.
The Gujarat High Court on Monday rejected Amreli BJP Lok Sabha member Naranbhai Kachhadia's plea against his conviction by a sessions court, but allowed him relief from immediate imprisonment in a case where he and his supporters were allegedly involved in an attack on a government doctor.
A 27-year-old Patel youth, who was actively involved in the quota agitation here ended his life allegedly by consuming poisonous substance "out of shock" upon learning about the police action against Patel quota leaders in Mehsana, claim Patidar Anamat Andolan Samiti (PAAS) leaders.
In view of the violence that erupted in parts of Gujarat on Sunday following a massive Patel community rally in Mehsana and tomorrow's 'Gujarat Bandh' call given by some Patel organisations, the state government today deployed Rapid Action Force (RAF) in Ahmedabad, Mehsana and Surat and stepped up security in others places.
- Scientists find three Earth-sized planets orbiting dwarf star
- Kerala: Dalit law student brutally raped, murdered in Ernakulam
- Sony's new contact lens camera that can record video!
- AgustaWestland scam: CBI questions ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi
- New revelations in AgustaWestland chopper deal!
- Delhi: Diesel taxi drivers protest against ban
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam - Part II
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam -Part III
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam - Part IV
- DNA : Why BJP is linking Rahul Gandhi to AgustaWestland scam
- DNA : Analysis of connection between Emaar MGF and Rahul Gandhi
- DNA : How forest fire is melting Himalayan glaciers?
- DNA : Dreadful effects of melting Himalayan glacier
- Nagaland HSSLC (Class 12 on May ) Result 2016 to be declared today 3 at 12 noon
- VVIP chopper cam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi reaches CBI office for questioning
- Barack Obama has wish about Osama bin Laden`s last moments
- 162 children die in four months in Pakistan's Tharparkar district
- Major blow to Nawaz govt as US asks Pakistan to make ‘full payment’ for F-16 fighter jets
- Death toll from collapsed building in Kenya rises to 22
- Assembly polls 2016: Arch political rivals PM Narendra Modi, Sonia Gandhi soon to hit Kerala
- Several radical mosques under surveillance: German intelligence head
- NEET exemption row: Supreme Court to hear fresh plea regarding MBBS, BDS entrance test today
- Prisoners revolt in Syria's Hama jail, seize guards - Syrian Observatory
- Spain misses deadline for new government, June election set
- Hot alert! Shruti Hassan looks incredibly sexy on the cover of GQ magazine – See pic
- Awwdorable! Salman Khan shares picture of mother Salma and baby Ahil
- Look what Ranveer Singh is doing for ‘Befikre’
- Premier League: Leicester City clinch historic title after Eden Hazard`s stunning late goal vs Tottenham Hotspur