A fishing trawler from China took shelter at the Diu coast near Gujarat since the sea was not friendly for sailing.
Congress on Friday alleged that BJP-led Gujarat government is spreading "political terrorism" by thrashing villagers in those areas which are traditional Congress strongholds.
One needs to change the mindset regarding the preference of having son over a daughter as a couple in Gujarat still wishes to have a son despite having 14 daughters.
A Chinese fishing trawler on its route to Iran took "shelter" at Diu coast near Gujarat today, since the sea was not friendly for sailing, an Indian Coast Guard official said here on Thursday.
A Dubai-based businessman from Surat was arrested by the Enforcement Directorate (ED) for his alleged role in the multi-crore hawala scam.
A 28-year-old woman allegedly committed suicide by setting herself on fire along with her two minor children in Shaktipara area of Botad town on Thursday, police said.
Heavy rains followed by floods in several parts of Gujarat washed away more than 14,600 hectares of farmland last week and severely damaged crops, according to a primary estimate by the state government.
The final hearing on appeals in the case related to 2002 Naroda Patiya riots, in which 97 people, mostly Muslims, were killed, would start before the Gujarat High Court from July 13.
A court in Panchmahal district of Gujarat on Tuesday handed over custody of an accused in 2002 Godhra serial blasts case, arrested by the state anti-terrorism squad, to the probe agency CID.
Ahmedabad district collector on Tuesday took back possession of a ten-acre piece of land in Motera area here, which had been leased for 15 years to the controversial godman Asaram's ashram.
The Gujarat High Court has dismissed a plea filed in 1986 which had sought to declare former Prime Minister Indira Gandhi's assassination by two of her security guards as a 'well-arranged suicide' to facilitate her son Rajiv Gandhi to become Prime Minister.
A mentally challenged man who was chained to a pillar at his home in a village in neighbouring Mahisagar district for last several years was rescued by police and shifted to hospital.
With a view to imbue students with entrepreneurship, Gujarat government is likely to introduce a chapter on Reliance Group founder Dhirubhai Ambani in school textbooks, officials said today.
The Gujarat Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) on Monday arrested a man from Madhya Pradesh who played a key role in the five bomb blasts that rocked various parts of the state in the aftermath of the 2002 post-Godhra riots.
Gujarat government on Sunday took stock of the situation in rain-hit areas as state minister Vijay Rupani assessed the damages caused due to flooding of Shetrunji river in Amreli and Bhavanagar districts.
Heavy rains, which led to a flood-like situation in Gujarat, has left eight lions dead in Krankach of the Amreli district of the state.
A CBI court here on Saturday granted bail to a suspended Gujarat police official in connection with the 2003 Sadiq Jamal fake encounter killing case.
Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) on Saturday said it would strengthen its organisational base in Gujarat on the lines of Delhi.
Social activist Teesta Setalvad and her husband Javed Anand have approached the Gujarat High Court for de-freezing the bank accounts of their two NGOs - Sabrang trust and Citizens for Justice and Peace.
In fresh trouble for social activist Teesta Setalvad, government on Friday asked CBI to probe the receipt of over Rs 3 crore by private firm Sabrang Communication and Publishing Pvt Limited (SCPPL) linked to her from foreign donors, including US-based Ford Foundation, in alleged violation of FCRA rules.
A key witness in the 2002 Best Bakery case--Yasmin Sheikh--has sought investigation against former Gujarat DGP R B Sreekumar, alleging that he gave misleading information for personal gains to the Nanavati Commission, which was probing post-Godhra violence.
An Asiatic lioness, which strayed into a Shiva temple in rain-ravaged Amreli district and attacked two women devotees, was rescued and released into the jungle after a 15-hour-long operation by forest officials.
At least 81 people have died in Gujarat over the past four days in the heavy rainfall, which has created flood-like situation in many areas of the state, officials said on Friday.
The special trial court hearing the Ode village riot case of 2002 on Thursday acquitted three accused giving them benefit of doubt.
The government may ask CBI to probe alleged transfer of funds by the Ford Foundation to activist Teesta Setalvad's Sabrang Communication and Publishing Pvt Limited (SCPPL).
An All India Youth Leadership programme will be held here from June 28 which would be inaugurated by Union Minister of State for Youth Affairs and Sports (independent charge) Sarbananda Sonowal.
A constable of NIA was arrested by Gujarat Police for allegedly extorting money from a businessman, following which he was dismissed from service.
Heavy rains and squally winds lash parts of Gujarat on Wednesday with Rajkot district facing a flood-like situation due to continuous downpour.
The Saurashtra region was lashed by incessant rains following a deep depression over the Arabian Sea which crossed the state's coast and moved further inside, even as Amreli district administration sought help from NDRF and IAF to rescue people from 12 marooned villages.
Gujarat Chief Minister Anandiben Patel on Tuesday said the state government was thinking of introducing a yoga course in the schools across the state.
- Hema Malini injured in Dausa car crash
- 1,400 teachers with fake degrees resign in Bihar
- Telangana CM gets Rs 5 crore bullet-proof luxury bus
- Court clerk clears Rajasthan Judicial Service, becomes judge!
- Now, another AAP MLA in fake degree row
- Telephone exchange case: CBI interrogates Dayanidhi Maran third time
- SECC will provide important input for policy makers: Arun Jaitley
- Nationwide mobile number portability from today!
- Aapke Sitare, July 2: Astro prediction for Aries, Taurus, Gemini and Cancer
- Why Bal Bharti School cancelled admission of 60 students?
- Aapke Sitare, July 3: Astro prediction for Aries, Taurus, Gemini and Cancer
- Kareena, Arjun Kapoor to start shooting for Balki's film by July end
- DNA: Analysis of first SECC survey in eight decades
- Telecom scam: Will cooperate with CBI, says Dayanidhi Maran
- AIB: Swatchh Bharat-Clean India reality check
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by Fadnavis, Rijiju; Aviation Minister apologises
- Washington Navy Yard lockdown: As it happened
- Former FIFA vice president Jack Warner tells US to prepare for long, hot summer
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Asafa Powell fills Usain Bolt`s shoes and targets personal best
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'
- Wimbledon 2015: Federer, Murray sweep through; Nadal crashes out in second round
- England `heartbroken` after Women`s World Cup defeat
- Kandahar hijack was ''goofed up'': Former RAW chief