Celebrations turned into darkness for family members of co-pilot of the missing Indian Air Force`s AN-32 aircraft with 29 people on board Pankaj Nandel, as he was supposed to tie the knot soon.
A village panchayat in Haryana's Gurgaon issued a bizarre diktat to a school in the state and allegedly slapped a fine of Rs 5.5 lakh for organising a special assembly marking Eid, which led to protests and threats.
Chandigarh and its neighbouring towns of Mohali and Panchkula faced a major water crisis on Sunday due to a snag in the water supply system.
In controversial remarks, Haryana BJP women's cell chief Nirmal Bairagi on Friday said incidents of rape have been there since the creation of earth.
The new ministers are Vipul Goyal (Faridabad), Manish Grover (Rohtak) and Banwari Lal (Bawal).
When Bhupinder Singh Hooda was the Haryana chief minister, he allocated the land to Associated Journal Ltd in Panchkula under wrong terms.
The 'lost' Saraswati 'river' is all set to come back alive later this month.
The 21-year old girl has told investigators that she was not only drugged and gang-raped, but that two of her attackers had drugged and raped her three years earlier.
Haryana police on Wednesday formed a Special Investigation Team (SIT) to probe the alleged gang-rape of a 21-year-old Dalit woman in Rohtak.
The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) on Wednesday issued notice to the Haryana government over the gang-rape of a girl by persons who had gang-raped her three years ago.
A teenager was on Wednesday stabbed to death while another injured in a clash between two groups of students near the bus stand in Karnal city, police said.
On the backfoot after a 20-year-old woman was allegedly gang-raped by the same accused who had gang-raped her three years back, the Haryana Police on Tuesday said that three of the five accused have been arrested.
An earthquake warning system was on Monday installed at Haryana Institute of Public Administration here by state Finance and Disaster Management Minister Captain Abhimanyu.
Gurgaon on Monday witnessed the NCR`s first installation of an onsite Early Earthquake Warning System at the premises of Haryana Institute of Public Administration (HIPA), Sector 18, Gurgaon.
The accused are out on bail in the earlier gang-rape case and had been pressurising the victim's family for an out of court settlement.
From setting up of creche for cows to sterilising and rounding up stray bulls, the government in Haryana is sparing no efforts.
Haryana State Education Minister Ram Bilas Sharma claims that the move is aimed at creating a healthy atmosphere for girls so they are not "distracted".
Justice (retd) S N Jha, former Chief Justice of Jammu and Kashmir High Court and Rajasthan High Court, who heads the panel said it was "not an independent inquiry commission and has to work according to the guidelines".
As part of the clean Ganga drive under 'Namami Gange' project, Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar today inaugurated a Sewerage Treatment Plant (STP) of 25 million litre per day capacity at village Siwah near Panipat today.
Haryana government Tuesday entrusted IPS officer Bharti Arora with the task of supervising and monitoring the functioning of teams constituted in all the districts of the state to check slaughter and smuggling of cows.
The Punjab and Haryana High Court directed the state police to focus on finding victims and accused of Murthal 'mass' rapes.
A woman has left her husband's house after her in-laws failed to construct a toilet in Gauripur village here.
With three candidates mysteriously dying after undergoing physical tests for police recruitment in Haryana's Kurukshetra district in recent days, the Haryana Staff Selection Commission on Sunday warned candidates that they would be disqualified if it was found that they had taken performance enhancing drugs for the recruitment.
Texts from the holy books of various religions will be incorporated in the curriculum of government schools in Haryana from this month, a minister said on Sunday.
Heavy rains lashed parts of Haryana and Punjab, giving relief to people reeling under sultry conditions.
After Justice Dhingra sought six more weeks to probe land licences to companies, including that of Robert Vadra`s in Gurgaon, the Congress party had accused him of compromising his position and taking undue advantage of his proximity to Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar.
Congress spokesperson RS Surjewala alleged that Justice Dhingra had accepted undue favours from the Haryana government.
Justice SN Dhingra Commission, which was set up to probe into grant of land licences to some companies including that of Robert Vadra's in Gurgaon during the Congress rule in Haryana, on Thursday sought six weeks more time to submit its report hours before the deadline was to end.
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- DNA: Dr Subhash Chandra show on importance of 'Social media networking'
- No trace of missing IAF AN-32 plane as yet
- Ground reporting reveals shocking facts about Kashmir unrest
- BJP protests against BSP over 'foul language' used for Dayashankar Singh's daughter
- DNA: Analyzing the complete aspect of UNCIP's resolution on Kashmir
- Rajnath Singh arrives in Kashmir, meets civil society delegation
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- In Gujarat, 95 of 100 suspects in crimes against Dalits acquitted
- Four people killed in Darjeeling building collapse
- Congress sounds UP poll bugle; Sonia, Rahul flag off three-day bus Yatra '27 Saal UP Behaal'
- Sunny Leone in trouble after singing national anthem at Pro Kabaddi League match - Here's why
- Another ISIS suspect arrested from Maharashtra's Thane district
- Oops! Shah Rukh Khan, Rohit Shetty friends no more?
- NASA's NEEMO 21 research mission begins, aquanauts splash down!
- Congress leader Digvijay Singh taken aback after seeing his name in Below Poverty Line list
- Gwen Stefani auditioned for 'Mr & Mrs Smith'
- WATCH: Fizz and fire! Mustafizur Rahman demolishes opposition on T20 Blast debut
- Burhan Wani protest: Curfew lifted from four districts of Kashmir Valley, parts of Srinagar
- MH370 pilot flew similar doomed route on home simulator: Report
- One Direction's Liam Payne ready to launch solo career
- Oliver Stone alerts people over 'Pokemon Go'
- Heavy rain in China kills at least 87, millions evacuated