An unidentified person opened fire at a toll booth employee and injured him on the Karnal-Meerut road in Haryana's Karnal district on being asked to pay the fee, police said on Thursday.
In a shocking incident, four men were caught on camera assaulting a middle-aged person for asking ‘bidi’ recently.
RJD chief and former Bihar chief minister Lalu Prasad Yadav's son-in-law's SUV was snatched away on Wednesday, as per a media report.
An NRI, working with a private airline in Saudi Arabia, has been booked on charges of raping a divorcee in Gurgaon on the pretext of marrying her, police said on Monday.
A new National Vaidik Education Board would be constituted this year as part of efforts to revive the ancient Indian tradition of learning, yoga guru Ramdev claimed on Sunday.
Khap Panchayats are a "useful instrument" of society and carry out social reforms and one or two mistakes don't make them wrong as a whole, according to Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar .
Cold wave conditions on Wednesday prevailed across Punjab and Haryana, with Amritsar registering a low of 2.6 degrees Celsius.
Most-educated girls in villages across Haryana will unfurl the national flag at school-level programmes to be held in their villages on the occasion of Republic Day on Tuesday.
On the eve of Republic Day, the Haryana Government has granted special remission of 15 to 60 days in sentence to prisoners in the state.
Haryana will now have a large number of young sarpanches as people have largely voted for them as village heads in the third and final phase of the elections to Panchayati Raj Institutions (PRIs).
Dense fog engulfed Chandigarh on Friday morning with visibility reducing to 300 metres in some areas.
In yet another incident of rising crimes against women, a 31-year-old woman techie was found murdered in her apartment in Bengaluru.
Gurgaon's deputy mayor Parminder Kataria has been booked for the second time on charges of raping a divorcee after promising to marry her, police said on Wednesday. The woman had filed a similar complaint in October last year.
Tightening the noose around terrorists operating in India, the Special Cell of Delhi Police on Monday arrested an Al Qaeda operative from Haryana.
The fruits have sour taste and look like tomatoes, Ranbir said, adding that on lifting the plants, potatoes were found in bunches of four to six.
After a fortnight of odd-even scheme on Delhi`s roads, a majority of Gurgaon residents said the scheme was effectively implemented and must be brought to Gurgaon as well so there can be less traffic on roads, a survey said on Friday.
Moderate to shallow fog enveloped parts of Punjab and Haryana today, adversely affecting rail and road traffic in the region, even as the minimum temperatures hovered above normal.
Army and Haryana Police today nabbed a man who was found roaming in an army area here and recovered some maps from his possession.
Shallow fog on Thursday enveloped most parts of Punjab and Haryana even as the minimum temperatures in the region hovered above normal.
Accused Vijay allegedly opened fire at 45-year-old Rakesh in the village, killing him, Jind Senior Superintendent of Police Abishek Jorwal said.
Nearly 80 percent of people exercised their franchise in the first phase of the elections to Panchayati Raj Institutions (PRIs) in Haryana held on Sunday, a senior election department official said.
All arrangements have been made by the Haryana State Election Commission to ensure peaceful, free and fair polling in the first phase of general elections for Panchayati Raj Institutions that begins today.
The Pre-Natal Diagnostic Techniques (PNDT) Act is being strictly implemented and those found involved in female foeticide have been put behind bars after registering cases against them, an official said.
Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar on Tuesday met the family of Garud Commando Gursewak Singh who was killed in Pathankot terror attack , promising a job to one member and a memorial for the slain soldier.
The family members of martyred Garud Commando Gursewak Singh burst into tears after seeing the mortal remains of the brave soldier in Ambala.
Haryana's Sarva Khap Jat Panchayat, which has been at the forefront of demanding reservations for Jats in government jobs, today threatened that they would intensify their movement by blocking roads at about 40 places in the state on February 15.
Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar has strongly condemned the pre-dawn terror attack at Pathankot air force base in Punjab on Saturday and declared a high alert in his state.
In a footage recovered from a CCTV, a man was seen mercilessly thrashing a toll booth operator in Jhajjar, Haryana.
Apart from Khemka, five other IAS (Indian Administrative Service) officers of the 1991 batch, have been promoted to the higher administrative grade.
Senior IAS officer Ashok Khemka who had cancelled the mutation of a land deal between a firm owned by Sonia Gandhi's son-in-law Robert Vadra and realty major DLF, was among six officers today promoted to the rank of Financial?Commissioner and Principal Secretary by the Haryana government.
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Mumbai: Transporter stabbed to death in Andheri
- Taking a selfie may be more dangerous than fun!
- Son of ex-Major General held in Goa for suspected 'terror links'
- Hafiz Saeed warns of more Pathankot like attacks on India
- North Korea attacks South Korea with poop-filled balloons
- Tanzanian girl beaten, stripped by mob in Bengaluru
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- Indian woman stuck in Germany refugee camp returns to India today
- Budget Session to commence on February 23
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- DNA: Analysis on MCD Strike; BJP, AAP throws garbage at each other - Part II
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi
- Salman Khan’s surprise visit stuns Katrina Kaif, ‘Comedy Nights LIVE’ team – Watch
- Ranbir Kapoor-Katrina Kaif break-up: Who called up Neetu Kapoor for patch-up?
- Son of retired Major General arrested in Goa for suspected 'terror links'
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- India will stand by Pakistan if it takes action against terrorists: Rajnath Singh
- Ravindra Jadeja: Indian all-rounder to get engaged today
- Woho! Kapil Sharma to be back with new show
- Shah Rukh Khan, Aamir Khan will be afraid to speak on issues, says Sonam Kapoor – Here’s why