Rich tributes were paid to former President APJ Abdul Kalam by Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar and his cabinet colleagues at a condolence meeting held here on Tuesday.
Tension prevailed in Ramayan village in Hansi sub division of the district after some unidentified miscreants allegedly vandalised the statue of B R Ambedkar, police said.
Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar on Sunday said the state government has framed a new policy to start moral education in all schools to inculcate values among children.
In a bizzare incident, a farmer allegedly shot dead three members of his family and later killed himself in his house at Khanda village in the district on Saturday, police said.
Jat leaders in Haryana on Saturday criticised leaders of Indian National Lok Dal (INLD) for welcoming the dismissal of the Centre's plea by the Supreme Court on Jat reservation.
Leader of Congress in Haryana Assembly Kiran Choudhry on Thursday described the Cabinet expansion by Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar as a nail in the coffin of BJP's much-touted concept of "minimum government, maximum governance".
The first Cabinet expansion of the nine-month-old Manohar Lal Khattar-led BJP government in Haryana will take place on Thursday.
The first cabinet expansion of the nine-month-old Manohar Lal Khattar-led BJP government in Haryana will take place on Thursday.
The nine-month-old Haryana Government will witness its first cabinet expansion on Thursday.
Former Haryana chief minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Wednesday said that setting up of one-man Commission to probe the grant of license(s) of some entities, including Robert Vadra's company, for developing commercial colonies in Sector 83 of Gurgaon was a "political vendetta" by the BJP government.
Mortar bombs were found lying close to the railway tracks near Shahbad railway station in Haryana's Kurukshetra district on Wednesday, following which rail traffic was briefly suspended on the route and a massive search operation was launched by the security forces.
Two alleged international red sander smugglers, reportedly having links with Chinese gangs, have been arrested from Haryana and Delhi by a special task force of Kadapa Police, a senior police official said today.
Explosives were found lying close to railway tracks near Shahbad railway station in Haryana's Kurukshetra district on Wednesday, following which rail traffic was briefly suspended on the route.
An emergency meeting will be convened at Jat Dharamshala on Wednesday following the Supreme Court's decision to dismiss the Centre's plea seeking a review of its verdict that set aside a notification to include Jats in the central list of OBC category in 9 states to accord quota benefits to them.
Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar today said his government has started the process to set up a nutrition commission and formulate a state nutrition policy to redress the issue of malnutrition among children.
Taking a serious note of the incidents of stone-pelting on the Delhi-Chandigarh Shatabdi Express train, authorities in Haryana's Sonipat district have warned villagers from indulging in such actions.
Former Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Tuesday hit out at the nine-month old BJP government in the state, saying its only achievement was to rename the schemes of the previous Congress regime.
Three policemen, including an assistant sub-inspector, were roughed up by employees of a pub after they intervened in a brawl in the early hours of Tuesday, police said.
Petrol pumps in Haryana resumed services on Tuesday after petroleum dealers suspended an indefinite strike against "non-fulfilment" of their demands including lowering tax on diesel by the state government.
Haryana Health Minister Anil Vij, who courted controversy after questioning the state government's move to rope in actress Parineeti Chopra for 'Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao' initiative, on Tuesday said that he was not given an invitation to a key event related to the campaign and came to know of it through media.
About 20 ex-servicemen, were detained today when they gathered to show black flags in protest against the delay in implementation of 'One Rank One Pension' (OROP), to Union Minister Nitin Gadkari, who was on a visit here.
Heavy rains lashed Chandigarh and many parts of Haryana and Punjab on Monday, causing mercury to dip by few notches, MeT department said here today.
Over 2,300 fuel pumps in Haryana have stopped selling petrol and diesel to consumers as petroleum dealers Monday went on their indefinite strike to press for various demands, including lower VAT on diesel.
Three Indian Air Force jawans died on Sunday after drowning in a river in Morni village in Haryana's Panchkula district.
A day after a minor girl died after being allegedly stabbed by two men in Delhi`s Anand Parbat locality for resisting a molestation attempt, a schoolgirl from Lonal village in Haryana`s Rohtak district on Saturday has sustained grievous injuries following an attack by three alleged eve-teasers while she was on her way to school.
A Travelling Ticket Examiner (TTE) was allegedly pushed out of a moving train by some youths near here, police said today.
A 17-year-old boy, who went missing two days ago after his mother scolded him for not studying well, was on Friday found in Goa, police said.
Robbers here on Friday fled with an automated teller machine (ATM) of the HDFC bank containing Rs 91,000, police said.
Haryana Health and Sports Minister Anil Vij has tweeted his displeasure over Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar's announcement of Bollywood actress Parineeti Chopra as the state's brand ambassador for the "Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao" (save the girl child and educate her) campaign.
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- PM Modi condoles APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- Former President APJ Abdul Kalam passes away
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Will India ever give befitting reply?
- Woman among terrorists who attacked Gurdaspur police station
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- DNA: Gurdaspur terror attack- As it happened
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Terrorists came from Pakistan's Narowal area, say sources
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- VVIPs, people pay last respects to Dr Kalam at his Delhi residence
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Search for Alien life: China rushes to finish world's largest radio telescope
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam
- Know what's making Sujoy Ghosh's 14-minute thriller 'Ahlaya' a big hit
- Yakub Memon likely to be buried at jail premises after execution, kin may not get his body
- 'Brothers': Karan Johar celebrates 8 million views!
- Arvind Kejriwal meets LK Advani at his residence
- APJ Abdul Kalam: Not Hindu, Not Muslim – Death of an 'Indian'
- Watch: President Obama grooving to tunes of Lipala dance in Kenya
- APJ Abdul Kalam ill – All That We Know At The Moment