Over 10 lakh devotees thronged the famous Kapal Mochan Mela and took the holy dip at the stroke of midnight at the three sarovars (tanks) here.
Haryana Minister Anil Vij on Tuesday gave a new twist to the intolerance issue, alleging some people were raking it up at Pakistan's behest to thwart India's chances of getting permanent membership of the UN Security Council.
The government would work in coordination with different organisations to achieve clean politics.
Cow slaughter in Haryana will now attract a rigorous imprisonment ranging from three years to 10 years.
The vigilance wing of Haryana Power Utilities has achieved a breakthrough by apprehending a highly sophisticated gang of white collar criminals involved in tempering of electronic meters.
According to jobs advertised by District Rural Development Agency (DRDA), Kurukshetra, preference will be given to those who have a toilet at their home.
A 32-year-old property dealer was shot dead by four unidentified persons in a petrol pump at Sector- 5 in Gurgaon.
The 'grand alliance' of JD(U), RJD and Congress routed the BJP-led NDA to score a landslide two-thirds majority in the Bihar Assembly.
On August 3, Chautala and his son Ajay Singh Chautala's appeal against the high court verdict was dismissed by the Supreme Court saying that the same was a "reasoned one".
The 341 kms long three highways projects will be inaugurated by PM Narendra Modi at Rajiv Gandhi Education City in Rai on Thursday.
Mandip Singh, Principal of 'Adesh Hospital', which is looking to admit 100 medical students, denied any wrongdoing.
Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar on Saturday announced to set up a Skill Development University in the state.
The BJP government in Haryana has taken up a clean-up drive against fraudulent builders in Gurgaon.
The magazine "Shiksha Bharati" has included "beef" besides "veal" (meat of young cows) among four "enhancers" which "directly affect absorption of iron in human body."
Jitender had claimed that his house in Sunped village near Ballabgarh was set on fire by a group of upper caste people after throwing petrol from an open window.
CBI has registered a case of murder against 11 persons in connection with the killing of two infants of a Dalit family in an alleged arson attack in Sunped village in Haryana on October 20.
Shiv Sena activists on Saturday allegedly disrupted a theatre performance by Pakistani artists at Gurgaon's Open Air Theatre, stating they will continue to do so till ceasefire violations at the border are put an end to, report claimed.
Jitender Kumar, father of the two Dalit toddlers who were burnt alive allegedly by people from upper caste at Sunped village here and undergoing treatment for post-traumatic shocks, was discharged from the hospital today.
Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar on Saturday announced a number of sops for Scheduled Caste people in the state, including laptops for girls and a Sanskrit University to be named after Maharishi Valmiki.
The AAP on Saturday flayed Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar for terming the death of a 15-year- old Dalit boy in Haryana a case of "suicide" and also alleged that police had "managed" the medical board that gave the post-mortem report.
A Special Investigation Team has been formed to probe the death of a 15-year-old Dalit youth in Gohana here, a day after two ASIs were booked on murder charges following allegations from the family that he died in police custody.
Amid a raging row, two police officers were today booked on charges of murder of a 15-year-old Dalit youth in Sonipat even as Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar claimed that he had committed suicide and had not died in police custody as alleged by his family.
Human life seems to have become so cheap that it can be taken away over any trivial issue. In a shocking incident, a 22-year-old BBA student was beaten to death for making a request to play a song on dance floor.
A platoon of Haryana's special Rapid Action Force was deployed on Friday to maintain law and order in Sunpedh village where two children of a Dalit family were burnt alive by upper caste men three days ago.
A 14-year-old girl was murdered after allegedly being gang-raped by five auto-rickshaw drivers near Kundali town of this district, police said on Friday.
As attack over the incident of a Dalit family's burning mounted, Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar on Friday asserted that those responsible for the crime would not be spared and insisted that steps have been taken to ensure security of the community in the state.
Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar on Friday claimed the 15-year-old Dalit boy who died in Sonipat had committed suicide and announced that job will be given to a family member, apart from compensation.
Two assistant sub-inspectors were on Friday booked in connection with a Dalit boy's death allegedly in police custody in Devipura village here even as his family claimed that police had demanded money for his release.
The situation turned tense in the area after the family of deceased placed his body on road to mark protest, demanding action against the culprits.
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- DNA: Analysis of Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' remark
- Lesser people died in communal violence this year than in 2014: MHA
- DNA: Analysis of Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' remark- Part 2
- DNA: List of World's 'most racially intolerant' countries
- Exclusive sneak peek into Russia's high-tech war room!
- DNA: Reality check on how Muslims are treated around the world
- DNA: 12 years on, Nadimarg Kashmiri Pandits massacre still rankles
- India is a great country but it has a lot to learn from Singapore: PM Modi
- Why did Aamir Khan talk about 'intolerance' before Parliament Session?
- BJP's Kailash Vijayvargiya verbally attacks Aamir Khan
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Modi finds 'Little India' with Diwali lights, delicious food in Singapore - In Pics
- Salman Khan rules 2015 Bollywood Box Office – here’s why
- Hindi version of Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ nears Rs 200 crore mark in India
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- 3rd Test: India vs South Africa - Preview
- BJP slams Aamir Khan, says no other country better than India for Muslims
- Isolated incidents can’t be taken as sign of intolerance, tweets Ram Gopal Varma
- Swaragini: Swara kidnaps Ragini for ruining her image?
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis