BJP leader Ashwini Chopra on Saturday questioned his own party-led Haryana government, why IAS officers like Ashok Khemka are being "sidelined" when the Chief Minister has bated for corruption-free governance.
The mercury continued to remain high in Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh, with temperatures two to six degrees above average. But rain and thundershowers are likely in the next 24 hours.
Congress on Saturday demanded adequate rehabilitation and compensation for the victims of the May 25 Ballabgarh clash between two communities over construction of a religious structure in Faridabad.
Heatwave continued to sweep Haryana and Punjab today with temperatures again crossing a few notches above normal but the MeT Department has predicted relief from Sunday evening with possibility of rain or thundershowers at few places in the region.
Former Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda will begin "Jan Jagran Abhiyan" from Jind district tomorrow to highlight alleged anti-people policies of the Manohar Lal Khattar-led BJP government in the state.
Riot-hit Muslim villagers in Ballabhgarh`s Atali Village in Haryana have demanded "strong action" against Station House Officer (SHO) Babu Lal for "abetting the miscreants" belonging to the majority community who attacked them on May 25.
Members of civil society and some minority and human rights organisations on Saturday staged a protest demanding "immediate" arrest of those behind the Ballabhgarh clash of May 25, in which five persons were injured and 20 houses burnt after a fight erupted between two communities over construction of a religious structure.
A 45-year-old factory worker died today when a gas cylinder exploded while being unloaded at Nehru Ground market of the city.
Following the recent communal clash here, Additional Deputy Commissioner Faridabad Aditya Dahiya and SDM Ballabgarh Priyanka Soni Friday visited the make-shift relief camp at the Ballabgarh police station and took note of the arrangements made for the affected families.
A wanted criminal was today killed in a police encounter while he tried to escape along with his gang members.
The CBI on Friday told the Supreme Court that it was ready to undertake probe into the allegations of sexual abuse of a management course student of Jindal Global University in Haryana by three students of same varsity`s law school.
The Haryana government on Friday issued transfers and posting orders of eight IAS officers with immediate effect.
Haryana Public Health Engineering Minister Rao Narbir Singh on Friday directed officers to redress the grievances of rural people on priority basis.
Haryana Congress on Friday launched its state-wide 'Padyatra' to engage with farmers and other sections to highlight the alleged failure on all fronts of the BJP government in the State.
Haryana`s Hisar was hottest in the region at 44 degrees Celsius as heat wave conditions intensified over most parts of Punjab and Haryana on Friday.
The CBI on Friday informed Supreme Court that it has no objection to take over the investigation into the alleged rape of an MBA student of a private university in Haryana.
About 3,000 colonies in Haryana will be regularised and will be given basic facilities such as electricity and water connections, an official said here on Friday.
Haryana Government has identified about 3,000 colonies all over the state where work is being undertaken under a special formula to regularise them.
Nearly 256 children who were engaged in begging have been rescued during the past two months from ten towns of the state by Haryana police, under its ongoing drive to make the state free from this menace.
Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar has approved the setting up of 'One Stop Centre' (OSC) in Karnal to provide integrated support and assistance to women affected by violence, both in private and public spaces.
The people who had fled their homes after facing violence over the issue of construction of a religious structure in Atali village are still refusing to return even as BSF troops were on Thursday deployed at the village to maintain peace here.
A voluntary organisation has demanded a judicial enquiry into Monday's clash in Atali in Ballabgarh and strict action against the culprits, after its team visited the violence-affected village on the outskirts of Delhi.
Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar on Thursday said that 'Mhara Gaon, Jagmag Gaon' (our village, illuminated village) scheme will be launched for those villages where there is no power theft.
The Punjab and Haryana High Court has stayed the Haryana government's recent notification reserving 20 per cent seats for Scheduled Caste employees in departmental promotions.
There is no respite in sight for the people of Haryana and Punjab as heat wave continues to sweep both the states.
In a setback to the Haryana government, the Punjab and Haryana High Court on Wednesday stayed a notification for reserving 20 percent seats in departmental promotions for class III and IV Scheduled Caste (SC) employees.
Haryana government has sanctioned Rs 1,600 crore for construction of roads, Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar on Wednesday said.
The heat wave conditions continued to sweep Haryana and Punjab, with maximum temperatures on Wednesday again hovering between 41-44 degrees Celsius at most places.
A two-member team of the Archaeological department examined the stone idol of Lord Parshavnath, which will be taken to Chandigarh to study its antiquities.
The CBI on Wednesday told the Supreme Court that the alleged rape of an MBA student of a private university in Haryana was a serious matter and it needed time to examine the petition before replying to the notice issued to it for taking over the probe from the state police.
- Street food in Delhi contains high levels of faecal matter
- Watch: ISIS prisoner digging his own grave
- 50 percent refund on Tatkal ticket cancellation
- UP: Govt to distribute free sanitary napkins to all girls in school
- Delhi HC turns down plea challenging LG Jung's authority
- DNA: Blow to Kejriwal, Delhi High Court backs LG
- IIT Madras bans Dalit students forum for 'criticising' PM Modi
- DNA: Exploitation of migrant workers in Qatar
- Radioactive nuclear medicine leak detected at Delhi's IGI Airport
- IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani hits back, challenges Rahul Gandhi to a debate
- MHA notification: SC issues notice to Delhi govt
- Railways may hike AC class fares from June 1, 2015
- Protests outside IIT-Madras against ban on students' group
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 29, 2015
- Special: Heart-wrenching tales of elderly people in old age homes
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere
- Bihar board 12th Arts result to be declared today soon
- BSEB (biharboard.ac.in & biharboard.bih.nic.in): Bihar board 12th Arts result to be declared tomorrow on May 30
- Dangerous levels of toxins in Delhi's air as heat and dust intensify
- Maggi noodles controversy: Case to be filed against Nestle in UP today
- US formally removes Cuba from terror blacklist in landmark move
- Top 5 places to eat in Delhi University's campuses
- Arrival of Monsoon over Kerala delayed by 2-3 days: Met Department
- Log on to ahsec.nic.in: AHSEC 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Govt committed to One Rank, One Pension: PM Narendra Modi
- If Congress was pro-poor, why does poverty still exist in India, asks PM Narendra Modi