Haryana Government has identified about 3,000 colonies all over the state where work is being undertaken under a special formula to regularise them.
Nearly 256 children who were engaged in begging have been rescued during the past two months from ten towns of the state by Haryana police, under its ongoing drive to make the state free from this menace.
Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar has approved the setting up of 'One Stop Centre' (OSC) in Karnal to provide integrated support and assistance to women affected by violence, both in private and public spaces.
The people who had fled their homes after facing violence over the issue of construction of a religious structure in Atali village are still refusing to return even as BSF troops were on Thursday deployed at the village to maintain peace here.
A voluntary organisation has demanded a judicial enquiry into Monday's clash in Atali in Ballabgarh and strict action against the culprits, after its team visited the violence-affected village on the outskirts of Delhi.
Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar on Thursday said that 'Mhara Gaon, Jagmag Gaon' (our village, illuminated village) scheme will be launched for those villages where there is no power theft.
The Punjab and Haryana High Court has stayed the Haryana government's recent notification reserving 20 per cent seats for Scheduled Caste employees in departmental promotions.
There is no respite in sight for the people of Haryana and Punjab as heat wave continues to sweep both the states.
In a setback to the Haryana government, the Punjab and Haryana High Court on Wednesday stayed a notification for reserving 20 percent seats in departmental promotions for class III and IV Scheduled Caste (SC) employees.
Haryana government has sanctioned Rs 1,600 crore for construction of roads, Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar on Wednesday said.
The heat wave conditions continued to sweep Haryana and Punjab, with maximum temperatures on Wednesday again hovering between 41-44 degrees Celsius at most places.
A two-member team of the Archaeological department examined the stone idol of Lord Parshavnath, which will be taken to Chandigarh to study its antiquities.
The CBI on Wednesday told the Supreme Court that the alleged rape of an MBA student of a private university in Haryana was a serious matter and it needed time to examine the petition before replying to the notice issued to it for taking over the probe from the state police.
Mahila Congress activists on Tuesday held a protest against over various issues, including the increase in prices of petrol and diesel, and the plight of farmers.
Two persons, including a minor, have been arrested on rape charges in separate cases here, police said on Tuesday.
Heat wave conditions continued to sweep swathes of Punjab and Haryana giving no respite to people as the maximum temperatures on Tuesday again crossed few notches above normal at most places.
The blistering heat wave continued to sweep across Haryana and Punjab on Monday, with Hisar sizzling at 44.8 degrees Celsius.
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Monday issued notice to the Haryana government on a petition by an undergraduate student as to why investigation into a case of "rape, criminal intimidation, unnatural sex and other offences" perpetrated on her by three law students may not be transferred from the state police to the CBI.
The state government is coming out with a new scheme for alloting land to educational institutions, Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar today said.
A Delhi court has directed the CBI Director to consider the plea of a sitting Congress MLA of Haryana and a prosecution witness in a disproportionate assets case, allegedly involving INLD chief OP Chautala's son Abhay, for providing adequate security to him and his family alleging threat from the accused.
The Supreme Court on Monday sought response of Haryana government on a plea seeking handing over to CBI the investigation into the alleged rape of an MBA student of a private university in Hissar.
A day after taking a dig at former Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda, state Health Minister Anil Vij on Sunday intensified his attack on Hooda.
Special yoga training camps will be organized in Haryana by experts of Patanjali Yogpeeth, Haridwar, ahead of the International Yoga Day on June 21.
No respite was experienced on Sunday from the blistering heatwave sweeping Haryana and Punjab as Karnal sizzled at 44.5 degrees Celsius.
Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar on Sunday said Khap Panchayats have been part of old traditions and playing a crucial role in 'Beti Bachao-Beti Padhao' government programme for the girl child.
Delhiites continued to reel under the heatwave on Sunday with the mercury settling at 44.5 degrees Celsius, same as yesterday, the season's highest.
The BJP-led NDA government has been "working with the agenda of development of all without any discrimination", Minister of State for Minority Affairs Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said here on Sunday.
A man was injured after he was allegedly hit by a vehicle belonging to Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar's cavalcade at Safidon area in Jind district on Sunday, police said.
Heaping praises on Khap Panchayats, Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar on Sunday said these groups have always been a significant contributor in resolving social issues and are part of "our traditions".
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India