Haryana Governor Kaptan Singh Solanki and Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar performed 'Gita Pujan'.
Dense fog was reported from several areas of the NH-1 between Ambala and Kundli border of Haryana and Delhi.
Three days after the sensation Nabha jailbreak incident, two inmates in Karnal jail on Wednesday attacked Lashkar-e-Toiba bomb expert Syed Abdul Karim Tunda.
The Haryana government on Monday ordered a probe into the lapses by state police who did not intercept the escapees of Sunday's sensational jailbreak at the maximum security Nabha Jail in neighbouring Punjab.
"We appealed to the President, he must exercise his power and provide Sutlej-Yamuna-Link canal water to Haryana."
Acting on inputs that some fugitives had passed through Haryana territory, the police remained on maximum alert and a vigorous search was on to nab the accused.
Haryana government today said it has decided to pay the arrears of revised two per cent Dearness Allowance (DA) for four months from July 1 to October 31, 2016 in cash to all its employees.
The all-party delegation from Haryana will be led by Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar, while Punjab`s Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal shall be leading the delegation.
Short circuit was said to be the reason behind the mishap that took place on Friday, officials said.
A nearly two-year-old leopard was beaten to death on Thursday by villagers near Gurugram, an official said.
Amid raging debates over demonetisation, black money and a withdrawal limit of Rs 2.5 lakh for weddings, a man in Gurugram has arranged a "helicopter palanquin" to bring home his wife on Thursday.
The announcement was made by Transport Minister Krishan Lal Pawar after Rai Singh was cremated with full state honors in village here.
Congratulating the people on the favourable verdict, the chief minister said the state would soon get water from the SYL Canal.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will meet the participants on the final day of three-day ''Rail Vikas Shivir'' organised by the Ministry of Railways in Haryana on Sunday.
Haryana held an all-party meeting here on Thursday, which resolved to call on President Pranab Mukherjee and Prime Minister Narendra Modi to seek early implementation of Supreme Court verdict on the issue.
The bench was told that efforts were made by Punjab to act contrary to the court's earlier order of March 17.
Aam Aadmi Party on Wednesday decided against contesting the Chandigarh Municipal Corporation (CMC) election to be held on December 18.
Amid an escalating water row between Punjab and Haryana, BJP legislators from Haryana on Wednesday met Punjab Governor V.P. Singh Badnore to seek blocking of a move by the Punjab government to de-notify land acquired nearly four decades ago for the Sutlej-Yamuna Link (SYL) canal.
A woman was killed and three others seriously injured when a godwoman and her private security men went on a shooting spree during a wedding function in the state`s Karnal town, police said.
Haryana government today transferred ten IPS officers in the state with immediate effect.
Haryana government on Saturday issued transfer and posting orders of nine IAS and five HCS officers with immediate effect.
Welcoming the Supreme Court verdict on Sutlej-Yamuna Link (SYL) Canal, Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar today said conditions are now becoming favourable for the state.
Congress leaders from Punjab and Haryana were at loggerheads on Thursday as the Supreme Court struck down the Punjab law scrapping all water-sharing agreements with other states.
Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar on Thursday welcomed the Supreme Court`s verdict in the Sutlej Yamuna Link (SYL) canal row, wherein it declared the legislation passed by the Punjab Government as null and void, saying it is a positive step for the people of Haryana as they truly deserve this.
In a huge setback for Punjab government in Satluj-Yamuna Link canal issue, the Supreme Court, Thursday, declared the legislation passed by Punjab government as null and void.
With high levels of pollution impacting the city, Gurgaon district administration on Sunday exercised section of 144 of CrPC here and banned the burning of waste, garbage and other materials openly.
Replying to the demand, Khattar said his name should not be included in the list of martyrs.
Kejriwal announced Rs 1 crore compensation for the family, saying the Delhi government, in line with its policy, considered Grewal a "martyr".
Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar today accused Congress of "playing politics" over the alleged suicide by an ex-serviceman, with the party hitting back, terming as "black day" the death of army veteran in the history of the state which is celebrating its golden jubilee.
Bitten by the "good governance" bug, Khattar has unleashed 21 "high calibre" individuals -- one for each district in Haryana under the CMGGAs programme.
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Pakistan International Airlines plane crashes near Abbottabad
- AIADMK workers in dilemma following Jayalalithaa's death
- Pro-poor schemes initiated by 'Puratchi Thalaivi' Jayalalithaa
- DNA: Complete analysis of Jayalalithaa's life
- Bihar: Railway police seize 35 lakh in old currency notes from Jan Shatabdi Express in Gaya
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation – Part II
- DNA: Today in History, December 6, 2016
- Jayalalithaa's political struggle is an inspiration for all: Mallikarjun Kharge
- DNA: Analysing the impact of Jayalalithaa's demise on AIADMK and national politics
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Salman Khan and brothers make amazing revelations on ‘Koffee With Karan’
- Justice JS Khehar to succeed TS Thakur as next Chief Justice of India
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone cuts the price of 4G data by 50%
- Donald Trump named Time magazine's Person of the Year for 2016
- Jayalalithaa laid to rest: Here's why 'Amma' was buried and not cremated
- Jayalalithaa laid to rest at Chennai's Marina Beach: Here is how her final journey concluded