The Himachal Pradesh High Court has issued stringent directions for removal of all encroachments on roads in Shimla Municipal area, asking authorities to take action against offenders under various laws and revoke licences of shopkeepers indulging in repeated violations.
Himachal Pradesh News
Batting for the disbanded Planning Commission, Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh said on Friday it was far better than the newly-constituted NITI Aayog as far as the welfare of states was concerned.
The Supreme Court will hear on Friday an appeal by the tourist taxi operators operating between Manali and Rohtang challenging the National Green Tribunal (NGT) order restricting operation of to just 1,000 taxis per day coupled with an environmental compensation charge.
A controversy has erupted in Himachal Pradesh over the alleged rape of a student in a college in Dharamsala, with hundreds of students taking to the streets but Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh and police insisted that no such incident had taken place.
Special Investigation Team (SIT) was formed and an FIR registered on Wednesday in connection with alleged rape case in a Degree College in Dharamsala by the Himachal Pradesh police, which also announced a reward of Rs 25,000 for providing information about the crime.
A 35-year-old woman was stoned to death allegedly by her husband at Thontha Jakhal village here, police said on Wednesday.
In a major relief to Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh and his wife, the state high court on Wednesday upheld the judgment of trial court acquitting them in a corruption case.
Thousands of tourists who arrived in this picturesque tourist resort in Himachal Pradesh to enjoy the snow in the surrounding hilltops were inconvenienced as taxi operators went on indefinite strike on Tuesday.
Congress president Sonia Gandhi, her daughter Priyanka Vadra and her grandchildren on Sunday reached the Himachal Pradesh capital on a three-day private visit, officials said.
Himachal Pradesh Congress Committee (HPCC) today extended the deadline for its statewide membership drive by one month to June 15.
Uttarakhand and Himachal Pradesh on Saturday decided to equally share the benefits of the proposed 660-MW Kishau dam multi-purpose project, resolving the persisting dispute between the two neighbouring states over it.
Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh on Friday said the state government would urge the National Green Tribunal (NGT) to reconsider the ban imposed on plying tourist vehicles on Rohtang Pass.
The inaccessible valleys and lofty mountains in the western Himalayas are happy hunting grounds for the cultivation of cannabis and opium, police records show. They are the country's biggest drug-producing areas with a considerable quantity finding its way to Europe.
Himachal Pradesh Governor Kalyan Singh has ordered a probe into the alleged violation of human rights of mentally challenged inmates at the government-run Nari Sewa Sadan here, an official said on Wednesday.
Tibetan spiritual leader, the Dalai Lama, has commenced his four-day-long 'Tantric' teaching session at a monastery in Dharamsala, Himachal Pradesh.
Over two dozen small and scattered villages high up in the Himalayan slopes have been cut off from the rest of the country since December after the closure of roads linking this Himachal Pradesh resort with the landlocked Lahaul Valley.
Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh on Saturday praised Prime Minister Narendra Modi for launching three ambitious social security schemes, relating to the insurance and pension sector and intended at widening the process of financial inclusion.
"Now I will die in peace," said octogenarian Brahmi Devi, widow of an Indian soldier, Naik Kirpa Ram, whose posthumously-awarded George Cross bravery medal was "stolen" 13-year-ago from Himachal Pradesh and has now been retrieved by the British authorities.
The workers` strike at Jaiprakash Power Ventures Ltd`s two hydropower plants was called off after 112 days in Himachal Pradesh`s Kinnaur district after Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh intervened, an official said here on Thursday.
Hundreds of Anganwadi female workers and scores of women from different corners of Himachal Pradesh gathered outside the Labour office in Shimla and protested against the state authorities over being given low wages.
The unemployment scene in Himachal Pradesh has shown an improvement as per a World Bank report, Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh clarified on Tuesday, and said a cabinet minister`s outcry on the issue was "off the mark".
The Himachal Pradesh High Court on Monday issued notice to Himachal government officials, including the chief secretary and the director general of police, over alleged police inaction following a man`s suspected murder.
Nearly 50,000 women from below poverty line in Himachal Pradesh have been covered under the National Rural Livelihood Mission (NRLM) through 9,146 self help groups, an official said here on Monday.
Himachal Pradesh chief minister Virbhadra Singh on Sunday expressed serious concern over politicisation of Central University to be set up in the state and said that the government wanted to open it at a place that would be suitable for all.
The extended deadline for painting the roofs of the houses here expired today and the defaulters, who failed to abide by the directives of the High Court, would face penal action, Deputy Mayor, Shimla Municipal Corporation, Takinder Panwar said.
The Himachal Pradesh Board of School Education on Thursday declared the HPBOSE Class 12th Results 2015.
Tremors in the past have failed to shake authorities in Shimla out of their slumber. Nepal's devastating quake may prove to be a timely wake-up call.
A website highlighting history and heritage of Shimla along with buildings and institutions of the hill town has been launched here to commemorate 200 years of the city.
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- British tourist masturbated at in Mumbai; Indian men apologise
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now