The Himachal Pradesh High Court has issued orders calling on the Central government to ban cow slaughter in the country within six months.
Himachal Pradesh News
It's a great achievement by BJP MP and BCCI president Anurag Thakur!
The victim alleged that the accused took her to a secluded spot on the outskirts of Manali and sexually assaulted her.
The southwest monsoon has remained 26 per cent deficit so far in Himachal Pradesh, with five out of 12 districts witnessing less than normal rainfall, the weather bureau said on Friday.
Enforcement Directorate sleuths on Wednesday issued summon to the wife of Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh in money-laundering case, officials said.
ED had last year lodged a money laundering case against Singh and others under the PMLA after taking cognisance of a criminal complaint filed by CBI in this regard.
Apple cultivation in Himachal Pradesh has become the mainstay of over 1.7 lakh families in the state as the orchards now cover 1,09,533 hectares, around 49 per cent of the total area under fruit cultivation.
During the inter-state council meeting held in the national capital earlier today, Singh said it will be a big incentive to the hill states.
On previous hearing, the court had directed the respondent to report whether bus-stops have been earmarked.
Forest personnel posted in sensitive areas adjoining Punjab, Haryana, Uttarakhand and Jammu and Kashmir can carry pistols, guns, revolvers or rifles during raids to check illegal felling and smuggling of trees.
The Himachal Pradesh High Court also impleaded the Baddi Barotiwala Nalagarh Development Authority as party respondent in this case.
Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh on Wednesday said that pressure being directed, with regards to the money laundering case, against him is 'personal' and an attempt to destabilise his government.
The state Rural Development and Panchayati Raj Minister said the fact is that as per recommendations of 14th Finance Commission, funds are being directly transferred to the panchayats.
After a six-day dry spell, the hills of Himachal Pradesh on Tuesday experienced fresh rains with the meteorological department forecasting moderate to heavy rainfall over the rest of the week.
The Delhi High Court has asked ED to place before it in a sealed cover documents which formed the basis for search and seizure of materials from Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh's premises in an alleged money laundering case.
In the first arrest in connection with its money laundering case against Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh, ED on Saturday took into custody LIC agent Anand Chauhan.
Light rains occurred at isolated places in Himachal Pradesh since yesterday as minimum temperatures dropped by a few notches in higher hills and tribal areas of the state.
The Himachal Pradesh University Business School on Thursday (July 7, 2016) declared the results of Himachal Pradesh University's Management Aptitude Test (MAT) at 4 pm.
Ten months after the disaster, mortal remains of the lone missing construction worker who got trapped in an under-construction tunnel in Himachal Pradesh was recovered on Wednesday, an official said.
The Tibetans in-exile will celebrate the 81st birthday of their spiritual head the 14th Dalai Lama Wednesday.
Six family members were reported missing when a car skidded off the road and fell into the swollen Beas river on the Mandi-Manali national highway, police said on Monday.
The arrested people include a government official and the topper of the examination.
The Meteorological department of Himachal Pradesh has predicted heavy rains in several provinces in the next four to five days.
The CBI on Tuesday questioned Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh's son Vikramaditya Singh in connection with a case of alleged disproportionate assets.
CBI on Tuesday questioned Vikramaditya Singh, son of Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh, in a case of alleged disproportionate assets.
Governor Acharya Devvrat performed yoga at Raj Bhawan, where a large number of locals were present.
The HRTC with over 2,500 buses has been making losses but has been important to the state as it connects far-flung villages with urban areas.
The lower and mid hills of Himachal Pradesh on Tuesday experienced moderate to heavy scattered rains while the Met department issued warning of thunderstorm and squall in mid and lower hills of the state tomorrow.
Officials of the HRTC said the striking employees would resume work from Wednesday midnight.
Congress president Sonia Gandhi, her daughter Priyanka Vadra and her grandchildren reached Shimla on Monday for a three-day private visit, officials said.
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families? - Part II
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India?
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India? Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the mystery of missing IAF aircraft AN-32
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind Yahoo's downfall
- DNA: Analyzing the deaths caused by electricity
- DNA: Analyzing the deaths caused by electricity Part-II
- DNA: Today in History, 28 July, 2016
- Women fight over seat in London metro
- Sacked AAP minister claims threat to his life from Kejriwal and his men
- Massive traffic jam brings Gurugram to a standstill
- Are Indian journalists sympathising with terrorists like Burhan Wani?
- Expelled BJP leader Dayashankar Singh arrested in Bihar
- Mumbai: Man crushed to death after tree falls on car
- Argentine FA hope for Lionel Messi international U-turn
- Sebastian Vettel confident of Ferrari future despite James Allison exit
- Paes story: Seven-up Leander has Olympic Games in blood
- Delhi govt asks DANICS officer to join duty
- Former Nepal minister among 12 killed in bus accident
- No plan by Dalits in TN village to embrace Islam: Authorities
- 'India to talk with Pakistan in terror-free atmosphere'
- Kerala journalists call for boycott of lawyers
- Italy at risk of a terrorist attack, says spy chief
- Turkey's armed forces face deep overhaul in wake of coup
- After arrest of ISIS sympathisers, Kerala BJP demands detailed probe into 'conversions'
- Dalit couple axed to death for Rs 15
- India expects ''no issue'' over Chinese scribes'' visa row
- Sushma Swaraj to lead Indian delegation at Mother Teresa's canonisation
- SC to examine whether top officials of CM can sign files on his behalf