The state BJP unit on Sunday demanded a probe into an audio CD stated to be controversial and purportedly containing the voice of a Himachal Pradesh minister in different conversations that has triggered a political row.
Himachal Pradesh News
Amid reports that Priyanka Vadra, daughter of AICC president Sonia Gandhi, was contemplating to challenge the order of Himachal Pradesh State Information Commission directing disclosure of details of her land purchase near Shimla, an RTI activist on Saturday filed a caveat in the state High Court.
Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh on Saturday said that persons donating land for developmental projects like hospitals and schools among others would be honoured by the Himachal Pradesh government.
A civil judge-cum-CJM in Himachal Pradesh has been placed under suspension following a complaint from a woman colleague that he had allegedly harassed her.
A woman judge has alleged harassment by a Himachal Pradesh judge, following which he has been placed under suspension by the Chief Justice of the HP High Court.
The local administration of Shimla has been told to provide within 10 days information about the land purchase by Congress chief Sonia Gandhi's daughter Priyanka Vadra near this popular hill station, the Himachal Pradesh Information Commission has ruled.
Setting aside almost a century old customary law that allows only men to inherit ancestral property if it is not bequeathed, the Himachal Pradesh High Court in a historic judgment observed that tribal women, too, could inherit property.
Himachal BJP Thursday submitted chargesheet against the Virbhadra Singh-led Congress government demanding its dismissal and CBI enquiry into the charges, which Congress dubbed as "bundle of lies".
Heavy rains washed away a vital bridge over Mandakini river between Sonprayag and Gaurikund on way to Kedarnath in Himachal Pradesh on Thursday evening, official said.
The southwest monsoon reached Himachal Pradesh on Wednesday, with most of the areas of the hill state experiencing rainfall, the meteorological office here said.
The southwest monsoon on Wednesday made landfall in Himachal Pradesh on its normal date, Met Department said here.
The hills of Himachal Pradesh will get heavy rains in the next two days, the meteorological office said on Wednesday. It has warned people not to venture into areas prone to landslides.
Acting tough against the illegal felling of trees in McLeodganj, the abode of Tibetan spiritual leader the Dalai Lama, the Himachal Pradesh High Court has summoned top government officials next month.
Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh on Tuesday celebrated his 82nd birthday and hoped he would be able to fight more elections.
Heavy to very heavy rains are likely to lash most parts of Himachal Pradesh including capital Shimla tomorrow onwards and monsoon would enter the state in the next 48 hours, the MeT Department has said.
In a first of its kind initiative, Himachal Pradesh Central University has allowed its students to opt for Hindi as medium of examination in all the courses run by it.
The low and mid hills of Himachal Pradesh may get heavy rains and thundershowers from Wednesday, a weatherman said.
Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh on Monday participated in the Dalai Lama's 80th birthday celebrations, and said the Tibetan spiritual leader was an "apostle of peace and struggle".
Braving rain, senior BJP leaders LK Advani and union minister Smriti Irani participated in yoga camps held in Himachal Pradesh on Sunday.
One person was swept away as a cloudburst on Saturday struck three villages in Chamba district of Himachal Pradesh where several areas experienced the first pre-monsoon showers.
A clash broke out on Saturday between labourers of a Shimla-based contractor and members of a labour union leaving at least four people dead and over ten injured in the north campus of IIT Mandi.
With CBI initiating a preliminary enquiry against Himachal Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh, BJP on Friday demanded his immediate resignation to allow a probe to take place independently and demanded a public apology from Congress president Sonia Gandhi and vice president Rahul Gandhi for allowing scams.
Senior ministers of Himachal Pradesh on Friday came out with a joint statement slamming the Centre and backing Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh after CBI initiated an enquiry to probe his alleged disproportionate assets worth Rs 6.1 crore amassed while he was Union Minister of Steel.
Expressing solidarity with Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh, the state Congress on Friday accused the BJP-led central government of trying to destabilise the duly elected non-BJP state governments in the country.
Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh on Thursday accused the NDA government of doing politics of vendetta against him and his family, stating it's a part of witch-hunting being manipulated by the former CM of the state and BJP leader Prem Kumar Dhumal.
CBI on Thursday initiated an inquiry against Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh and his family members for allegedly amassing wealth of Rs 6.1 crore disproportionate to the known sources of income while serving as Union Minister of Steel.
The Tibetan government-in-exile today launched the official greeting video for the 80th birthday of Tibetan spiritual leader, the Dalai Lama here.
Steaming hot Maggi is no longer a familiar sight at dhabas that dot the winding roads in these Himachal hills, with eatery owners ruing the "noticeable decline" in their business following the ban on the popular noodle.
Manali-Leh Highway was thrown open for vehicular traffic on Monday after it was closed for more than five months.
The Tibetan government-in-exile has decided to celebrate the 80th birthday of their spiritual leader, the 14th Dalai Lama, according to the Tibetan calendar next week.
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- AIB: Polythene ban - Do we care enough?
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Is Dawood Ibrahim threatening India?
- Is Dawood Ibrahim threatening India? Part 2
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- What is the truth behind Journalist Akshay Singh's death?
- ISIS flag spotted again in Kashmir Valley
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- UPSC Results 2014: Meet top three toppers
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown
- World Hockey League Semi-final: Indian eves take 5th place, keep 2016 Rio Olympics dreams alive
- Lalit Modi alleges Rahul Gandhi, Vadra were beneficiaries of his hospitality
- Uttarakhand govt sounds alert, warns of heavy rains along Chardham Yatra route
- Hrithik Roshan is god of everything: Tiger Shroff
- Australia won`t miss me, says retiring Ryan Harris
- Journalist Akshay Singh was trembling, frothing during last moments, says eyewitness
- Wimbledon 2015, Day 6: Federer defies big-serving Groth to make last 16, Brown exits
- 'Terminator Genisys' review: A treat for Schwarzenegger's fans