Hundreds of devotees offered prayers on the onset of the nine-day "Navratras" in Himachal Pradesh.
Himachal Pradesh News
Mild tremors measuring 3.8 on the Richter scale were felt in Himachal Pradesh's Mandi district this morning.
CBI was on Wednesday allowed by a Delhi court to retain the documents seized during searches conducted at the residences of Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh in a disproportionate assets case lodged against him.
Refusing to relent on its order to ban commercial activities at the picturesque tourist spot Rohtang Pass in Himachal Pradesh, the National Green Tribunal (NGT) on Monday refused to permit paragliding in the eco-sensitive area, and warned penal action against violators.
Rallying behind embattled Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh after CBI raids at his residences in a disproportionate assets case, a delegation of state ministers, Congress MLAs and leaders today submitted a memorandum to President Pranab Mukherjee seeking "appropriate action" to uphold democratic traditions.
The Himachal Pradesh High Court on Thursday restrained the CBI from arresting Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh and his wife Pratibha Singh in connection with the disproportionate assets case but allowed the enquiry in the matter to proceed.
The Dalai Lama, who is in the United States for medical evaluation, will be back home at Mcleodganj in Dharamsala city on October 3, officials confirmed on Sunday.
Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh on Wednesday withdrew from a Delhi court his plea seeking a copy of FIR lodged against him in an alleged disproportionate assets case.
Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh on Monday moved court seeking the copy of FIR registered against him by the CBI in a disproportionate assets case involving him.
A day after CBI raided his premises, Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh on Sunday said he has "nothing to hide", in his first reaction over the allegations of Disproportionate Assets against him.
The BJP on Saturday demanded that Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh resign from his post in the wake of CBI raids in connection with a disproportionate assets case against him even as Congress strongly condemned the action, terming it "inhumane and revengeful".
Congress on Saturday reacted sharply to CBI raids against Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh, alleging that the Narendra Modi government was targeting opposition leaders by using the CBI against them.
In an unprecedented action on a serving Chief Minister, the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on Saturday raided the official residence of Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh and 10 other places in connection with an alleged disproportionate assets case on a day his daughter was getting married.
Himachal Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh on Monday has expressed satisfaction over the success of rescue operation to extricate the employees trapped in the tunnel and said that while the two employees - Satish Tomar and Mani Ram - have been rescued, the operation to trace the third employee will continue.
In a fight between life and death, two of the three construction workers - trapped inside a partially collapsed under-construction tunnel in Himachal Pradesh's Bilaspur from past nine days – on Monday successfully saw the daylight. However, the whereabouts of the third worker is still not known yet.
Nearly eight days after a portion of the under-construction tunnel of the Kiratpur-Nerchowk-Manali four lane project caved in, the operation to rescue the three construction workers trapped inside will possibly come to end on Monday.
The entire Himachal Pradesh on Sunday saw light to moderate intermittent showers, leading to the maximum temperature dipping by four to five degrees.
The 170-hour long ordeal for the three workers trapped inside an under-construction tunnel, which collapsed on September 12, is expected to be over in a few hours as the drilling process is nearing its completion.
An American tourist has accused two men of raping her in the popular Himalayan hill station of Dharamsala in northern India, police said Thursday, the latest sex attack on a foreigner.
Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh on Thursday visited the under-construction road tunnel near here, where three workers have been trapped since September 12, an official said.
The work on Rs 2,518 crore Parwanoo- Shimla four-laning project in Himachal Pradesh would commence by end of this month and tenders for 39 km Parwanoo-Solan stretch have already been awarded.
Britain on Sunday praised the Indian authorities for their response to derailment of Kalka-Shimla chartered heritage train near Kalka, in which two British nationals were killed and 13 others injured, and said it was pleased that an investigation has been announced into the accident.
Ten British nationals injured in Shimla-Kalka toy train derailment have been discharged from a private hospital in Mohali, where three others were admitted in a serious condition.
Train services resumed on the Kalka-Shimla railway line after a chartered special toy train carrying a group of 37 foreigners derailed, killing two Britons, officials said on Sunday.
Ten Britons, who were injured on Saturday when two coaches of a chartered Kalka-Shimla toy train derailed near this Himachal Pradesh town, were discharged from a private hospital near Chandigarh, an official said.
Himachal Pradesh Governor Acharya Dev Vrat and Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh on Saturday expressed grief over the death of two British nationals in a rail mishap near Parwanoo, about 90 km from here.
A narrow gauge chartered toy train running on the Kalka-Shimla railway track derailed on Saturday afternoon.
Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh on Thursday said capital city Shimla enjoyed a "special status", brushing aside concerns over the central government's decision to develop Dharamsala as a smart city.
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- Bihar polls: PM Modi addresses rally in Jehananbad
- Bihar Polls: First phase of polling commences
- India to expose atrocities by Pakistan
- Panel discussion on sting against JDU leader Awadhesh Kushwaha
- Shiv Sena can break alliance with BJP after Kasuri issue
- Panel discussion on Shiv Sena's protest against Kasuri's book launch
- Pakistan at unrest following Zee News revelations on Balochistan and PoK
- Top news headlines @ 8pm
- Watch: Pooja Mishra caught on CCTV creating ruckus in store in Delhi
- Dengue breaks 19 year record in Delhi, 10,683 patients admitted
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- Check out: Entire music album of Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’
- After Azhar, Harbhajan Singh visits Navjot Singh Sidhu in hospital!
- Despite paint attack on Sudheendra Kulkarni, Khurshid Mahmud Kasuri's book launched; Shiv Sena faces flak
- Attack on Sudheendra Kulkarni: Aaditya Thackeray's reply to Rajdeep Sardesai’s open letter
- Bihar polls: Wave in favour of BJP, will form next government, says Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Bigg Boss 9 premiere: Salman Khan introduces inmates in 'double trouble' style!
- 'Ghar Wapsi': 300 converted to Hinduism in Varanasi
- Bihar polls: Opposition's only poll agenda is 'Modi Ka Vinash', says Narendra Modi
- India will support Palestine cause, engage with Israel: Pranab Mukherjee
- Watch: Shah Rukh Khan’s little one – AbRam – drives a car!