The Bharatiya Janata Party-backed candidates swept the non-teaching employees association polls of Himachal Pradesh University (HPU), winning all top four posts.
Himachal Pradesh News
In an effort to save forests in Himachal Pradesh, the state government has set up a satellite tracking system to find forest fires and launched awareness campaigns to safeguard the region's green cover.
An 82-year-old man was on Tuesday awarded 10 years of rigorous jail term and a Rs 10,000 fine for raping a four-year-old girl in 2011.
While Congress slammed him, Narendra Modi on Tuesday received "good wishes" from Virbhadra Singh, Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister and a senior leader of the opposition party, on completion of one year as Prime Minister.
Another spell of moderate snowfall brought back cold wave conditions in tribal areas while thunderstorm hit isolated places in mid and lower hills of Himachal, causing marginal drop in temperature.
The Himachal Pradesh High Court has directed the state government to frame a policy for the employees of the panchayati raj institutions.
The hills of Himachal Pradesh continued to sizzle on Tuesday with Una recording a maximum temperature of 40.6 degrees Celsius and state capital Shimla a high of 29.3 degrees Celsius, the weatherman said.
Several areas of Himachal witnessed thunderstorms while strong winds swept Palampur, Manali and some other places in the state disrupting normal life.
The hills of Himachal Pradesh continued to reel under an intense heat wave on Monday, with temperatures recording two to three degrees above the season`s average.
A 50-year-old woman was mauled to death by a wild bear in Solan district, 70 km from here, police said today.
All the major stations in Himachal Pradesh except Bhunter and Kalpa experienced hottest day of the season on Saturday as mercury soared across the state.
The Himachal Pradesh High Court has issued stringent directions for removal of all encroachments on roads in Shimla Municipal area, asking authorities to take action against offenders under various laws and revoke licences of shopkeepers indulging in repeated violations.
Batting for the disbanded Planning Commission, Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh said on Friday it was far better than the newly-constituted NITI Aayog as far as the welfare of states was concerned.
The Supreme Court will hear on Friday an appeal by the tourist taxi operators operating between Manali and Rohtang challenging the National Green Tribunal (NGT) order restricting operation of to just 1,000 taxis per day coupled with an environmental compensation charge.
A controversy has erupted in Himachal Pradesh over the alleged rape of a student in a college in Dharamsala, with hundreds of students taking to the streets but Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh and police insisted that no such incident had taken place.
Special Investigation Team (SIT) was formed and an FIR registered on Wednesday in connection with alleged rape case in a Degree College in Dharamsala by the Himachal Pradesh police, which also announced a reward of Rs 25,000 for providing information about the crime.
A 35-year-old woman was stoned to death allegedly by her husband at Thontha Jakhal village here, police said on Wednesday.
In a major relief to Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh and his wife, the state high court on Wednesday upheld the judgment of trial court acquitting them in a corruption case.
Thousands of tourists who arrived in this picturesque tourist resort in Himachal Pradesh to enjoy the snow in the surrounding hilltops were inconvenienced as taxi operators went on indefinite strike on Tuesday.
Congress president Sonia Gandhi, her daughter Priyanka Vadra and her grandchildren on Sunday reached the Himachal Pradesh capital on a three-day private visit, officials said.
Himachal Pradesh Congress Committee (HPCC) today extended the deadline for its statewide membership drive by one month to June 15.
Uttarakhand and Himachal Pradesh on Saturday decided to equally share the benefits of the proposed 660-MW Kishau dam multi-purpose project, resolving the persisting dispute between the two neighbouring states over it.
Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh on Friday said the state government would urge the National Green Tribunal (NGT) to reconsider the ban imposed on plying tourist vehicles on Rohtang Pass.
The inaccessible valleys and lofty mountains in the western Himalayas are happy hunting grounds for the cultivation of cannabis and opium, police records show. They are the country's biggest drug-producing areas with a considerable quantity finding its way to Europe.
Himachal Pradesh Governor Kalyan Singh has ordered a probe into the alleged violation of human rights of mentally challenged inmates at the government-run Nari Sewa Sadan here, an official said on Wednesday.
Tibetan spiritual leader, the Dalai Lama, has commenced his four-day-long 'Tantric' teaching session at a monastery in Dharamsala, Himachal Pradesh.
Over two dozen small and scattered villages high up in the Himalayan slopes have been cut off from the rest of the country since December after the closure of roads linking this Himachal Pradesh resort with the landlocked Lahaul Valley.
Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh on Saturday praised Prime Minister Narendra Modi for launching three ambitious social security schemes, relating to the insurance and pension sector and intended at widening the process of financial inclusion.
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Bihar intermediate result 2015 (commerce) on biharboard.ac.in