The local administration of Shimla has been told to provide within 10 days information about the land purchase by Congress chief Sonia Gandhi's daughter Priyanka Vadra near this popular hill station, the Himachal Pradesh Information Commission has ruled.
Himachal Pradesh News
Setting aside almost a century old customary law that allows only men to inherit ancestral property if it is not bequeathed, the Himachal Pradesh High Court in a historic judgment observed that tribal women, too, could inherit property.
Himachal BJP Thursday submitted chargesheet against the Virbhadra Singh-led Congress government demanding its dismissal and CBI enquiry into the charges, which Congress dubbed as "bundle of lies".
Heavy rains washed away a vital bridge over Mandakini river between Sonprayag and Gaurikund on way to Kedarnath in Himachal Pradesh on Thursday evening, official said.
The southwest monsoon reached Himachal Pradesh on Wednesday, with most of the areas of the hill state experiencing rainfall, the meteorological office here said.
The southwest monsoon on Wednesday made landfall in Himachal Pradesh on its normal date, Met Department said here.
The hills of Himachal Pradesh will get heavy rains in the next two days, the meteorological office said on Wednesday. It has warned people not to venture into areas prone to landslides.
Acting tough against the illegal felling of trees in McLeodganj, the abode of Tibetan spiritual leader the Dalai Lama, the Himachal Pradesh High Court has summoned top government officials next month.
Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh on Tuesday celebrated his 82nd birthday and hoped he would be able to fight more elections.
Heavy to very heavy rains are likely to lash most parts of Himachal Pradesh including capital Shimla tomorrow onwards and monsoon would enter the state in the next 48 hours, the MeT Department has said.
In a first of its kind initiative, Himachal Pradesh Central University has allowed its students to opt for Hindi as medium of examination in all the courses run by it.
The low and mid hills of Himachal Pradesh may get heavy rains and thundershowers from Wednesday, a weatherman said.
Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh on Monday participated in the Dalai Lama's 80th birthday celebrations, and said the Tibetan spiritual leader was an "apostle of peace and struggle".
Braving rain, senior BJP leaders LK Advani and union minister Smriti Irani participated in yoga camps held in Himachal Pradesh on Sunday.
One person was swept away as a cloudburst on Saturday struck three villages in Chamba district of Himachal Pradesh where several areas experienced the first pre-monsoon showers.
A clash broke out on Saturday between labourers of a Shimla-based contractor and members of a labour union leaving at least four people dead and over ten injured in the north campus of IIT Mandi.
With CBI initiating a preliminary enquiry against Himachal Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh, BJP on Friday demanded his immediate resignation to allow a probe to take place independently and demanded a public apology from Congress president Sonia Gandhi and vice president Rahul Gandhi for allowing scams.
Senior ministers of Himachal Pradesh on Friday came out with a joint statement slamming the Centre and backing Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh after CBI initiated an enquiry to probe his alleged disproportionate assets worth Rs 6.1 crore amassed while he was Union Minister of Steel.
Expressing solidarity with Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh, the state Congress on Friday accused the BJP-led central government of trying to destabilise the duly elected non-BJP state governments in the country.
Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh on Thursday accused the NDA government of doing politics of vendetta against him and his family, stating it's a part of witch-hunting being manipulated by the former CM of the state and BJP leader Prem Kumar Dhumal.
CBI on Thursday initiated an inquiry against Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh and his family members for allegedly amassing wealth of Rs 6.1 crore disproportionate to the known sources of income while serving as Union Minister of Steel.
The Tibetan government-in-exile today launched the official greeting video for the 80th birthday of Tibetan spiritual leader, the Dalai Lama here.
Steaming hot Maggi is no longer a familiar sight at dhabas that dot the winding roads in these Himachal hills, with eatery owners ruing the "noticeable decline" in their business following the ban on the popular noodle.
Manali-Leh Highway was thrown open for vehicular traffic on Monday after it was closed for more than five months.
The Tibetan government-in-exile has decided to celebrate the 80th birthday of their spiritual leader, the 14th Dalai Lama, according to the Tibetan calendar next week.
Fresh snowfall on the Dhauladhar range brought relief from the heat for the residents here as the maximum temperature dipped to 16 degrees Celsius.
Three engineers were killed at a state-run hydropower project in Himachal Pradesh's remote Spiti valley when a valve at the plant burst.
Senior BJP leader LK Advani is likely to be the guest of honour at the International Yoga Day function in Palampur being organised by 'Kaya Kalp', headed by former BJP chief minister Shanta Kumar.
The road that connects this picturesque Himachal Pradesh town with Leh in Jammu and Kashmir reopened for motorists on Saturday after remaining closed for over seven months due to heavy snow deposits, an official said here.
To check the menace of drug trafficking, a Supreme Court judge on Saturday asked elected representatives to file an affidavit stating that they are not involved in the racket.
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with India's first NBA player Satnam Singh
- Bombay HC allows Nestle to export Maggi noodles
- Warning! Plastic rice from China now on sale in India
- Exclusive: Ravi Shankar Prasad talks about Digital India Programme
- Subhash Kapoor's Guddu Rangeela in the midst of the ‘Mata Ka Email’ song controversy
- DNA: Analysis of Dayanidhi Maran's illegal telephone exchange case
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with cast of 'Guddu Rangeela'
- DNA: Why India should not take credit for Satnam Singh's NBA achievement!
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- No mediation in rape cases, rules Supreme Court
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with Azhar who feeds poor daily in Hyderabad
- Priyanka Vadra's Shimla land-deal information wrongly withhled?
- How Deepika's statement hurt Ranveer Singh
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Camera Day: Celebrate the art of photography and go click-happy!
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Congress furnishes new documents on Dholpur Palace ownership
- Japan bullet train suicide fire: Two killed after cardiac arrest
- Bangladeshi newspaper ridicules Indian cricketers with distasteful advertisement
- DU releases second cut-off, admissions remain open for most courses
- Digvijay Singh moves Supreme Court for CBI probe into Vyapam scam
- Bollywood gives thumbs up to 'Masaan' trailer!
- Salman Khan moved to tears after watching ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Crime Branch to probe Jagannath secret ritual pics on social media