Refusing to relent on its order to ban commercial activities at the picturesque tourist spot Rohtang Pass in Himachal Pradesh, the National Green Tribunal (NGT) on Monday refused to permit paragliding in the eco-sensitive area, and warned penal action against violators.
Himachal Pradesh News
Rallying behind embattled Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh after CBI raids at his residences in a disproportionate assets case, a delegation of state ministers, Congress MLAs and leaders today submitted a memorandum to President Pranab Mukherjee seeking "appropriate action" to uphold democratic traditions.
The Himachal Pradesh High Court on Thursday restrained the CBI from arresting Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh and his wife Pratibha Singh in connection with the disproportionate assets case but allowed the enquiry in the matter to proceed.
The Dalai Lama, who is in the United States for medical evaluation, will be back home at Mcleodganj in Dharamsala city on October 3, officials confirmed on Sunday.
Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh on Wednesday withdrew from a Delhi court his plea seeking a copy of FIR lodged against him in an alleged disproportionate assets case.
Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh on Monday moved court seeking the copy of FIR registered against him by the CBI in a disproportionate assets case involving him.
A day after CBI raided his premises, Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh on Sunday said he has "nothing to hide", in his first reaction over the allegations of Disproportionate Assets against him.
The BJP on Saturday demanded that Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh resign from his post in the wake of CBI raids in connection with a disproportionate assets case against him even as Congress strongly condemned the action, terming it "inhumane and revengeful".
Congress on Saturday reacted sharply to CBI raids against Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh, alleging that the Narendra Modi government was targeting opposition leaders by using the CBI against them.
In an unprecedented action on a serving Chief Minister, the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on Saturday raided the official residence of Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh and 10 other places in connection with an alleged disproportionate assets case on a day his daughter was getting married.
Himachal Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh on Monday has expressed satisfaction over the success of rescue operation to extricate the employees trapped in the tunnel and said that while the two employees - Satish Tomar and Mani Ram - have been rescued, the operation to trace the third employee will continue.
In a fight between life and death, two of the three construction workers - trapped inside a partially collapsed under-construction tunnel in Himachal Pradesh's Bilaspur from past nine days – on Monday successfully saw the daylight. However, the whereabouts of the third worker is still not known yet.
Nearly eight days after a portion of the under-construction tunnel of the Kiratpur-Nerchowk-Manali four lane project caved in, the operation to rescue the three construction workers trapped inside will possibly come to end on Monday.
The entire Himachal Pradesh on Sunday saw light to moderate intermittent showers, leading to the maximum temperature dipping by four to five degrees.
The 170-hour long ordeal for the three workers trapped inside an under-construction tunnel, which collapsed on September 12, is expected to be over in a few hours as the drilling process is nearing its completion.
An American tourist has accused two men of raping her in the popular Himalayan hill station of Dharamsala in northern India, police said Thursday, the latest sex attack on a foreigner.
Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh on Thursday visited the under-construction road tunnel near here, where three workers have been trapped since September 12, an official said.
The work on Rs 2,518 crore Parwanoo- Shimla four-laning project in Himachal Pradesh would commence by end of this month and tenders for 39 km Parwanoo-Solan stretch have already been awarded.
Britain on Sunday praised the Indian authorities for their response to derailment of Kalka-Shimla chartered heritage train near Kalka, in which two British nationals were killed and 13 others injured, and said it was pleased that an investigation has been announced into the accident.
Ten British nationals injured in Shimla-Kalka toy train derailment have been discharged from a private hospital in Mohali, where three others were admitted in a serious condition.
Train services resumed on the Kalka-Shimla railway line after a chartered special toy train carrying a group of 37 foreigners derailed, killing two Britons, officials said on Sunday.
Ten Britons, who were injured on Saturday when two coaches of a chartered Kalka-Shimla toy train derailed near this Himachal Pradesh town, were discharged from a private hospital near Chandigarh, an official said.
Himachal Pradesh Governor Acharya Dev Vrat and Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh on Saturday expressed grief over the death of two British nationals in a rail mishap near Parwanoo, about 90 km from here.
A narrow gauge chartered toy train running on the Kalka-Shimla railway track derailed on Saturday afternoon.
Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh on Thursday said capital city Shimla enjoyed a "special status", brushing aside concerns over the central government's decision to develop Dharamsala as a smart city.
The 16-day annual arduous pilgrimage to the glacial-fed Manimahesh lake in Himachal Pradesh began on Saturday.
Himachal Pradesh extended the retirement age of national and state awardee teachers, an official said on Saturday, which is observed as Teachers` Day.
A senior secondary school student from a Himachal Pradesh town on Friday felt disheartended and dejected as she couldn`t interact with Prime Minister Narendra Modi through video conference on the eve of Teachers Day.
The shutdown called by the trade unions against the central government's economic measures on Wednesday hit the commuters most as over 2,000 state roadways buses went off road.
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Exclusive interview with BJP chief Amit Shah
- Somnath Bharti's bail plea rejected after wife refuses mediation in SC
- Uttarakhand: BJP MLA Prem Singh Rana insulted during CM Harish Rawat's speech
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Panel discussion on Azam Khan politicizing Dadri lynching case
- DNA: Odisha gets its first 100% solar-powered village
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Why Salman Khan’s films are blockbusters
- J&K encounter: Four Army jawans killed, gunbattle on
- Sundar Raman, tainted IPL franchises face uncertain future
- Dadri is second Babri, will raise issue in UN: Azam Khan
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Salman Khan creates magic as Prem, PRDP trailer gets 10 million views!
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Check out: Amitabh Bachchan shares cute pictures of granddaughter Aaradhya
- VIDEO: See why MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli, Ravi Shastri are cheering for South Africa!