Himachal Pradesh continued to sizzle on Saturday and recorded a maximum temperature of 41.7 degrees Celsius. Its capital city Shimla recorded a high of 27.1 degrees Celsius, weather officials said.
Himachal Pradesh News
Catering to the growing demand of pilgrims travelling to the cave shrine of Mata Vaishno Devi, railways will run a new bi-weekly train for Katra from Kalka from June 2.
Himachal Pradesh has emerged as first the state in the country to start Aadhaar based Payment System (ABPS) and payments amounting Rs 76.53 crore have been made through this system till date since the scheme was launched on October 2, 2014, Rural Development Minister Anil Kumar said Friday.
Over 40,000 taxis went off the road in Himachal Pradesh on Friday in protest against the National Green Tribunal (NGT) order restricting the entry of vehicles to the Rohtang Pass, overlooking picturesque destination of Manali, and the imposition of a heavy cess.
Lower hills of Himachal Pradesh on Thursday reeled under scorching heat with Una in Shivalik foothills sizzling at 43.2 degrees Celsius as day temperatures rose marginally across the state.
The Bharatiya Janata Party-backed candidates swept the non-teaching employees association polls of Himachal Pradesh University (HPU), winning all top four posts.
In an effort to save forests in Himachal Pradesh, the state government has set up a satellite tracking system to find forest fires and launched awareness campaigns to safeguard the region's green cover.
An 82-year-old man was on Tuesday awarded 10 years of rigorous jail term and a Rs 10,000 fine for raping a four-year-old girl in 2011.
While Congress slammed him, Narendra Modi on Tuesday received "good wishes" from Virbhadra Singh, Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister and a senior leader of the opposition party, on completion of one year as Prime Minister.
Another spell of moderate snowfall brought back cold wave conditions in tribal areas while thunderstorm hit isolated places in mid and lower hills of Himachal, causing marginal drop in temperature.
The Himachal Pradesh High Court has directed the state government to frame a policy for the employees of the panchayati raj institutions.
The hills of Himachal Pradesh continued to sizzle on Tuesday with Una recording a maximum temperature of 40.6 degrees Celsius and state capital Shimla a high of 29.3 degrees Celsius, the weatherman said.
Several areas of Himachal witnessed thunderstorms while strong winds swept Palampur, Manali and some other places in the state disrupting normal life.
The hills of Himachal Pradesh continued to reel under an intense heat wave on Monday, with temperatures recording two to three degrees above the season`s average.
A 50-year-old woman was mauled to death by a wild bear in Solan district, 70 km from here, police said today.
All the major stations in Himachal Pradesh except Bhunter and Kalpa experienced hottest day of the season on Saturday as mercury soared across the state.
The Himachal Pradesh High Court has issued stringent directions for removal of all encroachments on roads in Shimla Municipal area, asking authorities to take action against offenders under various laws and revoke licences of shopkeepers indulging in repeated violations.
Batting for the disbanded Planning Commission, Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh said on Friday it was far better than the newly-constituted NITI Aayog as far as the welfare of states was concerned.
The Supreme Court will hear on Friday an appeal by the tourist taxi operators operating between Manali and Rohtang challenging the National Green Tribunal (NGT) order restricting operation of to just 1,000 taxis per day coupled with an environmental compensation charge.
A controversy has erupted in Himachal Pradesh over the alleged rape of a student in a college in Dharamsala, with hundreds of students taking to the streets but Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh and police insisted that no such incident had taken place.
Special Investigation Team (SIT) was formed and an FIR registered on Wednesday in connection with alleged rape case in a Degree College in Dharamsala by the Himachal Pradesh police, which also announced a reward of Rs 25,000 for providing information about the crime.
A 35-year-old woman was stoned to death allegedly by her husband at Thontha Jakhal village here, police said on Wednesday.
In a major relief to Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh and his wife, the state high court on Wednesday upheld the judgment of trial court acquitting them in a corruption case.
Thousands of tourists who arrived in this picturesque tourist resort in Himachal Pradesh to enjoy the snow in the surrounding hilltops were inconvenienced as taxi operators went on indefinite strike on Tuesday.
Congress president Sonia Gandhi, her daughter Priyanka Vadra and her grandchildren on Sunday reached the Himachal Pradesh capital on a three-day private visit, officials said.
Himachal Pradesh Congress Committee (HPCC) today extended the deadline for its statewide membership drive by one month to June 15.
Uttarakhand and Himachal Pradesh on Saturday decided to equally share the benefits of the proposed 660-MW Kishau dam multi-purpose project, resolving the persisting dispute between the two neighbouring states over it.
Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh on Friday said the state government would urge the National Green Tribunal (NGT) to reconsider the ban imposed on plying tourist vehicles on Rohtang Pass.
- Street food in Delhi contains high levels of faecal matter
- Watch: ISIS prisoner digging his own grave
- 50 percent refund on Tatkal ticket cancellation
- UP: Govt to distribute free sanitary napkins to all girls in school
- Delhi HC turns down plea challenging LG Jung's authority
- DNA: Blow to Kejriwal, Delhi High Court backs LG
- IIT Madras bans Dalit students forum for 'criticising' PM Modi
- DNA: Exploitation of migrant workers in Qatar
- Radioactive nuclear medicine leak detected at Delhi's IGI Airport
- IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani hits back, challenges Rahul Gandhi to a debate
- MHA notification: SC issues notice to Delhi govt
- Protests outside IIT-Madras against ban on students' group
- Railways may hike AC class fares from June 1, 2015
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 29, 2015
- Special: Heart-wrenching tales of elderly people in old age homes
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Bihar board 12th Arts result to be declared today soon
- BSEB (biharboard.ac.in & biharboard.bih.nic.in): Bihar board 12th Arts result to be declared tomorrow on May 30
- Dangerous levels of toxins in Delhi's air as heat and dust intensify
- Maggi noodles controversy: Case to be filed against Nestle in UP today
- Arrival of Monsoon over Kerala delayed by 2-3 days: Met Department
- US formally removes Cuba from terror blacklist in landmark move
- If Congress was pro-poor, why does poverty still exist in India, asks PM Narendra Modi
- Govt committed to One Rank, One Pension: PM Narendra Modi
- Top 5 places to eat in Delhi University's campuses
- Check biharboard.ac.in / biharboard.bih.nic.in for Bihar School Examination Board BSEB Inter Arts Result 2015