An engineering student today drowned in a nullah at Kala Amb in Sirmaur district, about 28 km from here, police said.
Himachal Pradesh News
BJP on Saturday demanded resignation of Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh and his Uttarakhand counterpart Harish Rawat, who, the party claimed, were involved in graft cases.
Twelve bridges and fifteen windmills were washed away in cloudburst in Nirmand area of Kullu district while more than 250 pilgrims, returning from Srikhand Yatra, were stranded at Singhar and Thachru.
One more body of a person, who was killed when a private tourist bus on Thursday fell into the Parvati river here, was on Friday found as rescue teams resumed large scale search efforts to locate more than 30 missing persons.
Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh on Friday claimed that the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) is targeting him for alleged corruption to safe itself from similar exposure, and added that he was least bothered about this development.
The Himachal Pradesh State Information Commission has summoned top officials for withholding information on Congress chief Sonia Gandhi's daughter Priyanka Vadra's land deal for building a cottage near this hill station
Many people are feared dead after a tourist bus is reported to have fallen into a gorge in Manikaran, Kullu in Himachal Pradesh.
Stung by the Vyapam scam, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Thursday mounted its offensive against the Congress by accusing Himachal CM Virbhadra Singh of taking bribe from an energy firm for giving it a 10-month extension and buying a farm house in Mehrauli.
Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh today questioned the "fairness" of CBI and accused the NDA government of posting police officers from Gujarat, the home state of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, in the country's premier investigating agency.
As the Narendra Modi government prepares itself for the Opposition onslaught on it over 'Lalitgate' and the Vyapam scam issue, BJP veteran from Himachal Pradesh Shanta Kumar has dropped a letter bomb demanding a Lokpal in the party to tackle the cases of corruption.
There seems to be no end to the politics of sleaze and corruption in Himachal Pradesh.
Aided by moderate to heavy rains in northern region and its catchment areas, the water level in Bhakra and Pong reservoirs was more than what it was in the corresponding period last year even as the situation remained under control.
The water levels in Himachal Pradesh's major dams -- Bhakra and Pong -- have increased comfortably with the monsoon active in the region, an official said on Tuesday.
A 67-year-old American woman was found dead inside her hotel room here in suspicious circumstances.
Heavy rains have disrupted road communication, hit power generation and triggered treats of flash floods in parts of Himachal Pradesh.
Six persons were killed and 19 injured when a private bus fell into Machhada Khud near Rampur on Friday morning.
Embroiled in a controversy over leak of his cabinet colleague's purported phone conversations, Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh on Wednesday ordered a detailed enquiry into the incident.
Several parts of Himachal Pradesh were lashed by heavy rains on Wednesday triggering landslides which caused damage to property even as a high alert has been sounded with the major rivers flowing above the danger mark.
In a setback to Tibetan religious head and 17th Karmapa Ogyen Trinley Dorje in a currency seizure case, the Himachal Pradesh High Court on Wednesday set aside the trial court decision to drop charges against him, and asked the state government to initiate criminal proceed against him.
The heavy rain alert continues in Himachal Pradesh following the recent spell of incessant showers in various districts of the state.
Himachal Pradesh Food and Civil Supplies Minister G.S. Bali on Tuesday urged the central government to implement the National Food Security Act in totality, besides providing more ration at cheaper rates to the targeted population.
The state BJP unit on Sunday demanded a probe into an audio CD stated to be controversial and purportedly containing the voice of a Himachal Pradesh minister in different conversations that has triggered a political row.
Amid reports that Priyanka Vadra, daughter of AICC president Sonia Gandhi, was contemplating to challenge the order of Himachal Pradesh State Information Commission directing disclosure of details of her land purchase near Shimla, an RTI activist on Saturday filed a caveat in the state High Court.
Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh on Saturday said that persons donating land for developmental projects like hospitals and schools among others would be honoured by the Himachal Pradesh government.
A civil judge-cum-CJM in Himachal Pradesh has been placed under suspension following a complaint from a woman colleague that he had allegedly harassed her.
A woman judge has alleged harassment by a Himachal Pradesh judge, following which he has been placed under suspension by the Chief Justice of the HP High Court.
The local administration of Shimla has been told to provide within 10 days information about the land purchase by Congress chief Sonia Gandhi's daughter Priyanka Vadra near this popular hill station, the Himachal Pradesh Information Commission has ruled.
Setting aside almost a century old customary law that allows only men to inherit ancestral property if it is not bequeathed, the Himachal Pradesh High Court in a historic judgment observed that tribal women, too, could inherit property.
Himachal BJP Thursday submitted chargesheet against the Virbhadra Singh-led Congress government demanding its dismissal and CBI enquiry into the charges, which Congress dubbed as "bundle of lies".
Heavy rains washed away a vital bridge over Mandakini river between Sonprayag and Gaurikund on way to Kedarnath in Himachal Pradesh on Thursday evening, official said.
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- DNA: Analysis on ISIS preparing to attack India
- Floods create havoc in several parts of India
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Asaram Bapu shown as 'saint' in Rajasthan school book
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution-Part 2
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- India, Bangladesh enclave residents get freedom after 68 years
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Watch video: 164 skydivers form largest ever vertical formation, set new world record
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- This is how Urdu media reported Yakub Memon's hanging
- India wants APJ Abdul Kalam on currency notes
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub Memon's wife, sacked
- ISIS horror: Militants gives 4-yr-old boy sword, tells him 'this is to kill your mother'
- Tiger Memon, 1993 Mumbai blasts mastermind, was in love with a call girl