Triund Hill is located at a height of 2,842 meters above sea level at a distance of about 13 kilometers from McLeodganj.
Himachal Pradesh News
Guru Nanak Dev preached love, peace and harmony to strengthen the bond of brotherhood, said Virbhadra Singh.
The fire broke out in one house and spread quickly to others as most of the houses in the village were timber structures.
In fresh trouble for Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh, the Enforcement Directorate (ED) has registered a money laundering case against him.
The artefacts stolen last month from CM Virbhadra Singh's ancestral palace in Sarahan have been recovered.
Himachal Pradesh Governor Acharya Devvrat and Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh on Wednesday greeted the people on Diwali.
The Himachal Pradesh fire department has launched an awareness campaign, focusing school children, for safe Diwali, an official said here on Monday.
A Delhi court will on Monday hear a plea of Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh regarding an alleged incomplete copy of an FIR furnished by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) in a disproportionate assets case against him and his wife.
The move came after the state home department decided that the probe would not be entrusted to CBI.
A journalist was arrested for an adverse post against Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh on social media, an official said on Friday.
Avoid travelling to the Rohtang Pass that connect this Himachal Pradesh town to the Lahaul Valley due to high chances of snowfall, an official said on Thursday.
The Supreme Court on Monday issued notice to Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh, asking why his plea against a CBI investigation into a disproportionate assets case should not be transferred from the state high court to one outside the state.
After snowfall, higher reaches of Himachal Pradesh got rains on Monday leading to further dip in temperature.
The Supreme Court on Monday sought response from Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh on two petitions filed by CBI against the High Court order granting protection from arrest and other relief to him and his wife in a disproportionate assets case.
Himachal Pradesh's popular tourist destinations Shimla and Manali received rainfall on Monday, pushing down the temperature by several notches.
Himachal Pradesh Police on Sunday claimed to have arrested one of the five people accused of lynching an alleged cow smuggler.
The culprits responsible for the lynching of an alleged cow smuggler in Himachal Pradesh two days back continue to be evasive.
At a time when the whole nation is debating on lynching of a man in Dadri, a truck driver in Shimla was allegedly killed by a mob on suspicion of smuggling cattle.
The Vishva Hindu Parishad (VHP) on Friday welcomed Himachal Pradesh High Court order directing the Centre to consider enacting a law banning cow slaughter and asked the BJP-led dispensation to honour its "commitment and public sentiments" within three months.
Animal sacrifice for religious ceremonies has stopped in Kullu district.
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on Thursday moved the Supreme Court seeking urgent hearing on its plea challenging Himachal Pradesh High Court's order granting protection against possible arrest and other relief to Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh and his wife in a disproportionate assets case.
Hundreds of devotees offered prayers on the onset of the nine-day "Navratras" in Himachal Pradesh.
Mild tremors measuring 3.8 on the Richter scale were felt in Himachal Pradesh's Mandi district this morning.
CBI was on Wednesday allowed by a Delhi court to retain the documents seized during searches conducted at the residences of Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh in a disproportionate assets case lodged against him.
Refusing to relent on its order to ban commercial activities at the picturesque tourist spot Rohtang Pass in Himachal Pradesh, the National Green Tribunal (NGT) on Monday refused to permit paragliding in the eco-sensitive area, and warned penal action against violators.
Rallying behind embattled Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh after CBI raids at his residences in a disproportionate assets case, a delegation of state ministers, Congress MLAs and leaders today submitted a memorandum to President Pranab Mukherjee seeking "appropriate action" to uphold democratic traditions.
The Himachal Pradesh High Court on Thursday restrained the CBI from arresting Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh and his wife Pratibha Singh in connection with the disproportionate assets case but allowed the enquiry in the matter to proceed.
The Dalai Lama, who is in the United States for medical evaluation, will be back home at Mcleodganj in Dharamsala city on October 3, officials confirmed on Sunday.
Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh on Wednesday withdrew from a Delhi court his plea seeking a copy of FIR lodged against him in an alleged disproportionate assets case.
Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh on Monday moved court seeking the copy of FIR registered against him by the CBI in a disproportionate assets case involving him.
- DNA: Analysis of Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' remark
- DNA: Analysis of Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' remark- Part 2
- DNA: List of World's 'most racially intolerant' countries
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- DNA: Reality check on how Muslims are treated around the world
- DNA: 12 years on, Nadimarg Kashmiri Pandits massacre still rankles
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Why did Aamir Khan talk about 'intolerance' before Parliament Session?
- India is a great country but it has a lot to learn from Singapore: PM Modi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- RJD-JD(U) legislators forcibly occupy govt bungalows in Bihar
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- ISIS 'poster girl' beaten to death after trying to escape Syria
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Details out: What Rahul Gandhi did during his two-month-long sabbatical
- Disabled man to be hanged as Pakistan's 300th execution
- When Sushma Swaraj was in charge of Modi government
- Ind vs SA, 3rd Test: Hosts look to trap Proteas in spin web
- Islamic State 'poster girl' beaten to death by jihadists
- Pakistani terror convict gets 40-year jail by US court
- Salt water bath: Know why it's good for your health!