Rallying behind embattled Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh after CBI raids at his residences in a disproportionate assets case, a delegation of state ministers, Congress MLAs and leaders today submitted a memorandum to President Pranab Mukherjee seeking "appropriate action" to uphold democratic traditions.
Himachal Pradesh News
The Himachal Pradesh High Court on Thursday restrained the CBI from arresting Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh and his wife Pratibha Singh in connection with the disproportionate assets case but allowed the enquiry in the matter to proceed.
The Dalai Lama, who is in the United States for medical evaluation, will be back home at Mcleodganj in Dharamsala city on October 3, officials confirmed on Sunday.
Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh on Wednesday withdrew from a Delhi court his plea seeking a copy of FIR lodged against him in an alleged disproportionate assets case.
Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh on Monday moved court seeking the copy of FIR registered against him by the CBI in a disproportionate assets case involving him.
A day after CBI raided his premises, Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh on Sunday said he has "nothing to hide", in his first reaction over the allegations of Disproportionate Assets against him.
The BJP on Saturday demanded that Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh resign from his post in the wake of CBI raids in connection with a disproportionate assets case against him even as Congress strongly condemned the action, terming it "inhumane and revengeful".
Congress on Saturday reacted sharply to CBI raids against Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh, alleging that the Narendra Modi government was targeting opposition leaders by using the CBI against them.
In an unprecedented action on a serving Chief Minister, the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on Saturday raided the official residence of Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh and 10 other places in connection with an alleged disproportionate assets case on a day his daughter was getting married.
Himachal Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh on Monday has expressed satisfaction over the success of rescue operation to extricate the employees trapped in the tunnel and said that while the two employees - Satish Tomar and Mani Ram - have been rescued, the operation to trace the third employee will continue.
In a fight between life and death, two of the three construction workers - trapped inside a partially collapsed under-construction tunnel in Himachal Pradesh's Bilaspur from past nine days – on Monday successfully saw the daylight. However, the whereabouts of the third worker is still not known yet.
Nearly eight days after a portion of the under-construction tunnel of the Kiratpur-Nerchowk-Manali four lane project caved in, the operation to rescue the three construction workers trapped inside will possibly come to end on Monday.
The entire Himachal Pradesh on Sunday saw light to moderate intermittent showers, leading to the maximum temperature dipping by four to five degrees.
The 170-hour long ordeal for the three workers trapped inside an under-construction tunnel, which collapsed on September 12, is expected to be over in a few hours as the drilling process is nearing its completion.
An American tourist has accused two men of raping her in the popular Himalayan hill station of Dharamsala in northern India, police said Thursday, the latest sex attack on a foreigner.
Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh on Thursday visited the under-construction road tunnel near here, where three workers have been trapped since September 12, an official said.
The work on Rs 2,518 crore Parwanoo- Shimla four-laning project in Himachal Pradesh would commence by end of this month and tenders for 39 km Parwanoo-Solan stretch have already been awarded.
Britain on Sunday praised the Indian authorities for their response to derailment of Kalka-Shimla chartered heritage train near Kalka, in which two British nationals were killed and 13 others injured, and said it was pleased that an investigation has been announced into the accident.
Ten British nationals injured in Shimla-Kalka toy train derailment have been discharged from a private hospital in Mohali, where three others were admitted in a serious condition.
Train services resumed on the Kalka-Shimla railway line after a chartered special toy train carrying a group of 37 foreigners derailed, killing two Britons, officials said on Sunday.
Ten Britons, who were injured on Saturday when two coaches of a chartered Kalka-Shimla toy train derailed near this Himachal Pradesh town, were discharged from a private hospital near Chandigarh, an official said.
Himachal Pradesh Governor Acharya Dev Vrat and Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh on Saturday expressed grief over the death of two British nationals in a rail mishap near Parwanoo, about 90 km from here.
A narrow gauge chartered toy train running on the Kalka-Shimla railway track derailed on Saturday afternoon.
Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh on Thursday said capital city Shimla enjoyed a "special status", brushing aside concerns over the central government's decision to develop Dharamsala as a smart city.
The 16-day annual arduous pilgrimage to the glacial-fed Manimahesh lake in Himachal Pradesh began on Saturday.
Himachal Pradesh extended the retirement age of national and state awardee teachers, an official said on Saturday, which is observed as Teachers` Day.
A senior secondary school student from a Himachal Pradesh town on Friday felt disheartended and dejected as she couldn`t interact with Prime Minister Narendra Modi through video conference on the eve of Teachers Day.
The shutdown called by the trade unions against the central government's economic measures on Wednesday hit the commuters most as over 2,000 state roadways buses went off road.
Eighteen persons were killed and 12 others injured today when a bus fell 200 mts deep into a gorge at Nathpa on Hindustan Tibet National highway, 185km from here.
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani attempted suicide or big security lapse by jail authorities?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Does a corrupt govt influence the mindset of the youth?
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Panel discussion on votebank politics over Dadri lynching case
- Watch: Today's top headlines @9:00 pm
- Bihar polls: Political opinion of Begusarai voters
- Watch: 15 reporters, 15 cities
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Read: What Salman Khan has to say about Akshay's 'Singh Is Bliing'
- Team India, South Africa arrive for second T20 match
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- 2015 FIFA Ballon d'Or longlist leaked; Ospina in with Messi, Ronaldo but no Buffon: Report
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?
- Sheena Bora murder accused Indrani Mukerjea critical, conflicting findings on drug overdose
- Fernando Torres, Cristiano Ronaldo aim to make history in Madrid derby
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Pakistan army chief say would not allow even a shadow of Islamic State
- When Muslim dies they give 20 lakhs, but Hindu doesn't even get 20,000: Sakshi Maharaj