The Home Ministry on Monday sought a report from the Jammu and Kashmir government on the state High Court's order that Article 370, which grants special status to the state, is beyond amendment, repeal or abrogation.
Jammu And Kashmir News
Panun Kashmir, an outfit claiming to represent displaced Kashmir Pandits, on Monday said the call for repealing beef ban law in Kashmir was akin to rejection of coexistence in Kashmir.
An IED explosion occurred on a road in J&K's Shopian town on Monday.
Deputy Commissioner of Udhampur in J&K has dismissed rumours of any fresh incident of attack on Kashmir-bound vehicles along the National Highway and said that elaborate security arrangements are in place to vitiate peaceful atmosphere in the district.
Clashes erupted in parts of Srinagar on Monday over an attack on a truck in Udhampur, as a shutdown called by the separatists affected life across the Kashmir Valley.
Jammu and Kashmir High Court has ruled that Article 370, granting special status to the state, has assumed place of permanence in the Constitution and the feature is beyond amendment, repeal or abrogation.
Stating that there is a huge build-up of militants across the Indo-Pak Border, J&K Director General of Police K Rajendra Kumar on Sunday called for setting up of Joint Checkpoints with other security forces to prevent infiltration.
Following Friday's attack on a Kashmir Valley-bound truck in Udhampur, the Indian Army on Sunday intensified patrolling along the Jammu-Srinagar highway to keep anti-social elements at bay.
Twenty-eight years after she was allegedly gang-raped, a middle-aged woman has recorded her statement in a court in Bandipora district of Jammu and Kashmir.
A militant was killed in an overnight encounter with security forces in Handwara area of north Kashmir's Kupwara district.
Bulk of the proceedings of Jammu and Kashmir Assembly's eight-day autumn session were washed away due to the unruly scenes and uproar surrounding the beef ban in the state.
Two men who sustained serious burn injuries when a mob set ablaze a Kashmir Valley-bound truck in Jammu and Kashmir's Udhampur town were on Saturday airlifted to New Delhi for treatment, officials said.
Police has booked an alleged criminal under the Public Safety Act (PSA) after warrants were issued by the District Magistrate in Jammu and Kashmir's Samba district on Saturday.
The Jammu and Kashmir government on Saturday 'warned' to book those involved in spreading rumours under Public Safety Act (PSA), following recovery of carcass of a cow and attack on a Kashmir-bound truck in Udhampur.
The eight-day long stormy session of Jammu and Kashmir Assembly ended on Saturday with Chief Minister Mufti Mohammad Sayeed hailing the House for sending out a message of peace and communal harmony to entire country through a unanimous resolution passed yesterday.
A near complete bandh was on Saturday observed in Jammu district in protest against the 'beef party' hosted by the Independent MLA Engineer Rashid and killing of cows in Udhampur district.
Another 3,000 Kashmiri Pandits will be provided jobs to facilitate their early return to the Valley, where nearly 2,000 such migrant youth are already working, the government said on Saturday.
Three persons, including a policeman, received burn injuries when a Kashmir-bound truck was attacked with a petrol bomb in Udhampur.
Life in Jammu was affected on Saturday by a protest shutdown called against cow slaughter and a beef party held by a state lawmaker.
Normal proceedings resumed in Jammu and Kashmir Legislative Assembly on Friday after four days of ruckus in the House, during which an Independent MLA was also assaulted by BJP legislators over his controversial beef party.
The Jammu and Kashmir assembly on Friday unanimously adopted a resolution pledging to uphold the state's secular and pluralistic ethos.
A shutdown on Friday to protest alleged bovine slaughter affected life in three towns in Jammu region, with protestors attempting to block the busy Jammu-Srinagar national highway.
Supporters of independent MLA Sheikh Abdul Rashid were on Friday detained as he led a march towards the Jammu and Kashmir Legislative Assembly to protest against the alleged "sabotaging" of the bill against beef ban.
Authorities on Friday asked people to maintain calm in Udhampur district of Jammu region asserting that three bovine carcasses found on Thursday most likely were result of poisoning and not slaughter.
Fearing law and order problems, authorities Thursday suspended mobile internet services across Jammu region for a few hours following circulation of a few pictures of a beef party held by an Independent MLA in Srinagar yesterday and recovery of cow carcasses.
Protests broke out on Thursday in Udhampur district of Jammu and Kashmir, after "carcasses of three cows" were found behind the office of the Sub-Divisional Magistrate, police said.
The controversial anti-beef ban bill could not be taken up in the J&K Legislative Assembly on Thursday.
One BJP MLA claimed that Rashid specifically mentioned “cow beef party”.
Independent lawmaker Engineer Rashid, who was thrashed by BJP legislators on Thursday, said he did not indulge in any illegal act by hosting a beef party.
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Nawaz Sharif invites Hurriyat leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani to Pakistan
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- Bihar Polls: Is 'Mahagathbandhan' afraid of PM Modi?
- Shiv Sena to skip PM Modi's event in Mumbai
- Now, smart e-rickshaws equipped with CCTV cameras
- Bihar Polls: First phase of polling commences
- Bihar polls: PM Modi addresses rally in Jehananbad
- Panel discussion on Pakistan's constant interference in Kashmir
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- Hindu community not allowed to exercise its Right to Information in Pakistan, activists protest
- India vs South Africa, 1st ODI: Rohit's century in vain as Proteas snatch 5-run win
- PM Modi lays foundation for Ambedkar memorial in Mumbai, Shiv Sena boycotts event
- KP Sharma Oli elected new Nepal Prime Minister
- Jayalalithaa urges PM Modi to take up fishermen arrests with Sri Lanka
- Invoking Ambedkar's legacy, PM Modi says no rethink on quotas as Sena boycotts his events in Mumbai
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- Understanding sleep paralysis: Seven interesting facts you should know
- OROP implementation after Bihar poll, says Manohar Parrikar
- 22 terrorists killed in Pakistan
- Bihar polls: Nitish's minister Kushwaha caught on camera taking bribe, suspended from party post