Pakistan Rangers resorted to unprovoked firing on Tuesday at Border Security Force (BSF) positions on the international border in Kathua district of Jammu region.
Jammu And Kashmir News
A major snow clearance operation is required to restore the twin tracks leading to the 3,880 metre high holy cave shrine of Amarnath in south Kashmir Himalayas ahead of the annual 59-day yatra scheduled to commence next month.
No pre-paid BSNL cellphone subscriber could recharge his/her phone in the valley on Monday after all the five main retail franchise outlets of BSNL in the Kashmir Valley shut down their operations.
Four militants were killed and a fifth unidentified body recovered by the Army in Tangdhar in Jammu and Kashmir`s Kupwara district during a sixteen-hour gunbattle.
The Comptroller and Auditor General on Monday slammed the Jammu and Kashmir government for its lack of response to the pendency of large number of inspection reports and observations on "serious financial irregularities".
Separatist guerrillas on Monday attacked a cell phone tower here with a hand grenade, injuring one person, police said.
Suspected militants on Monday targeted a mobile transmission tower with a grenade in Habbakadal locality here, causing panic.
Congress leader Digvijay Singh on Monday said it is the responsibility of the Jammu and Kashmir Government to protect the Constitution and take concrete steps against the people who do not believe in it.
Reacting to separatist leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani's recent statement on the hoisting of Pakistani flags in Jammu and Kashmir, senior Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi on Monday said people like Geelani only want to put a 'speed breaker' on development and peace in the state.
Three persons, including two women, were on Monday killed when a truck turned turtle and fell on their car on Jammu-Srinagar National Highway in Ramban district, police said.
A Border Security Force (BSF) jawan was injured after fresh ceasefire violation by Pakistani Rangers along the International Border (IB) in Jammu and Kashmir's Kathua district on Monday.
Three guerrillas were killed late Sunday in an ongoing gun battle with the Indian Army in Kashmir's Kupwara district.
Hardline Hurriyat Conference on Sunday said people will continue to wave Pakistan flags at its rallies in Kashmir, as it termed the neighbouring a "well wisher".
Opposition National Conference (NC) on Sunday slammed Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Mufti Mohammed Sayeed for remaining "silent" over inflammatory and radical statements on contentious issues by BJP leaders, and accused the saffron party of not having an agenda for governance.
Police on Sunday arrested a drug peddler and recovered 350 intoxicant drugs, including capsules and injections, here, officer said.
Maintaining that BJP stood for abrogation of Article 370 in line with Jana Sangh founder Shyama Prasad Mookerjee's views, Union minister Jitendra Singh has said that contentious issues in Jammu and Kashmir have been put on the back-burner keeping in mind the "coalition dharma" with its ally PDP.
Three militants were killed on Sunday as Army foiled an infiltration bid near Line of Control in Tangdhar sector of Kashmir.
The Indian Army on Sunday intercepted a group of heavily-armed guerrillas in Kashmir's Kupwara district, triggering a fierce gun battle which is still raging on over the Line of Control (LoC).
Jammu and Kashmir Police on Saturday said terror outfit Hizbul Mujhahideen was behind the recent string of attacks on mobile service providers in the Valley.
Giving Tripura's example, National Conference on Saturday sought immediate revocation of Armed Forces Special Powers Act from Jammu and Kashmir, saying continuation of the Act was not in sync with the "significant" decrease in violence in the past six years.
Over 26,000 students on Saturday appeared in Jammu and Kashmir Common Entrance Test (JKCET) for admissions to medical and engineering colleges in the state even as several aspirants could not make it to the halls in time due to protests in Nishat area of the city.
Days after Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar ruled out revocation of AFSPA from Jammu and Kashmir, Chief Minister Mufti Mohammad Sayeed on Saturday said his government would "achieve its objective" with regard to the controversial Act in the state.
The opposition National Conference (NC) on Saturday vowed to fight for the restoration of "internal autonomy" in Jammu and Kashmir and demanded the "strengthening" of Article 370 of the Constitution that accords special status to the state.
Scores of youngsters proceeding to appear in the common entrance test (CET) for professional colleges were unable to reach their examination centres on Saturday as insensitive protesters, including elderly people and women, did not heed their pleading to let them pass through roadblocks set up along the Dal Lake here.
Catering to the growing demand of pilgrims travelling to the cave shrine of Mata Vaishno Devi, railways will run a new bi-weekly train for Katra from Kalka from June 2.
Militants on Friday night fired two rifle grenades towards a security forces camp in Sopore town of north Kashmir's Baramulla district, police said.
India on Friday rejected an OIC resolution commenting on Jammu and Kashmir as "completely unacceptable" and asked the association of 56 Islamic states to "refrain from interfering in the internal affairs of India".
Congress leader Ghulam Nabi Azad on Friday said the survival of the PDP-BJP coalition government in Jammu and Kashmir is "very difficult".
VHP on Friday demanded elaborate security arrangements for the Amarnath Yatra, starting from July 2, citing recent terror attacks in the Kashmir Valley.
Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh said on Friday that all issues, including that of the Ram Mandir and Article 370 of the Constitution, were important to the central government.
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 31, 2015
- Ranchi: JSEB asks man to pay electricity bill of Rs 55 crore
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation?
- FSSAI testing more Maggi; brand ambassadors can be liable: Govt
- Service tax rate of 14% comes into effect from today
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media conducts reality check of public places smoking ban
- Now a 'missed call' to shut down your computer
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Five fabulous places in the world Indians can travel without visas
- PM Narendra Modi-led panel likely to select CIC, CVC chiefs today
- Heatwave: Things you must know
- India to buy only 36 French Rafale fighter jets, no need for 126: Manohar Parrikar
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Caught on camera: Jharkhand health minister slaps RJD leader in public
- Ban row: NCSC sends notice to IIT Madras, DMK seeks PM Modi's "direct intervention"
- ISIS rapists pour boiling water on teenage victim's leg for refusing sex
- Watch: The grand trailer of Rana Daggubati's `Baahubali`
- PM Modi told China, Pakistan economic corridor unacceptable: Sushma Swaraj