However in Srinagar, public transport were seen plying in some parts of the city. Business establishments and educational institutions remained closed.
Jammu And Kashmir News
A 24-year-old youth was on Thursday killed by a "stray bullet" near the site of an encounter between militants and security forces in Jammu and Kashmir's Anantnag district.
A 24-year-old civilian was on Thursday killed by a stray bullet near the site of an encounter between militants and security forces which has been going on since early morning in Anantnag district of Jammu and Kashmir.
It was the second bank robbery in Kashmir in a month after another bank robbery in central Kashmir's Budgam district.
In a major development, security forces on Thursday gunned down three Lashkar terrorists.
Dujana is involved in several attacks in South Kashmir and has a bounty of Rs 8 lakhs on his head.
The National Investigating Agency (NIA) will probe the last month's terror attack on Indian Army base in Jammu and Kashmir's Nagrota.
The Jammu Police have recovered a large quantity of cannabis and demonetised notes from a truck near Kunjwani Chowk area of the city, yesterday.
The militant was caught during a joint search operation of 62 Rashtriya Rife and Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF).
Security personnel on Monday apprehended a 40-year-old Pakistani intruder along the Line of Control in Poonch Sector of Jammu and Kashmir.
Amid growing tension between India and Pakistan along LoC, Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti has said the state can show the way in de-escalation of tensions between the two nations.
Samajwadi Party leader Abu Azmi has slammed former Jammu and Kashmir chief minister Omar Abdullah.
An Army official said the operation was called off this morning after the security forces did not find any militant.
Zakir Rashid Bhat alias Mosa became Hizbul Mujahideen commander after Burhan Wani was killed in a gunfight with security forces on July 08 this year.
The conversation between Kashmiri militant leader Burhan Wani and Lashkar-e-Toiba chief Hafiz Saeed was intercepted by Indian intelligence agencies.
Separatist Yasin Malik was detained on Friday after he tried to carry out a protest march in the heart of Jammu and Kashmir's winter capital.
One Border Security Force (BSF) jawan as injured on Friday when Pakistani troops once again violated ceasefire along the Line of Control (LoC) in Rajouri district of Jammu and Kashmir.
Following Uri, Pakistan resorted to unprovoked firing at Sawjian. A couple of more ceasefires were reported on the subsequent day.
In a major development, a tunnel has been found near international border in Chamliyal area.
Former Jammu and Kashmir chief minister Omar Abdullah on Thursday stoked a controversy by saying Nagrota terror attack was result of statements made by various ministers against Pakistan post surgical strikes along the Line of Control.
Temperatures across Jammu and Kashmir dipped on Thursday due to the clear night sky as the weather office forecast a dry spell till Saturday.
Zakir Rashid Bhat alias "Musa", successor of Hizbul Mujahideen slain commander Burhan Wani, has warned Jammu and Kashmir Police of daring consequences.
Separatists on Wednesday extended the near about five-month long shutdown by a week even as the unrest is showing signs of fatigue with people defying the strike calls and increasing their activity.
Kashmiri rights activist Khurram Parvez, arrested in September for allegedly inciting violence in the Kashmir Valley, was set free on Wednesday following a court order.
Each of these families will get around Rs 5.5 lakh as aid, a senior official said.
Army Chief Gen Dalbir Singh Suhag on Wednesday visited the Nagrota-based 16 Corps headquarters and was briefed about yesterday's terror attack in which seven officers and jawans were killed, even as combing operation to flush out any remaining militant continued.
Three militants were also killed in the operation that lasted nearly 14-hours after suicide militants dressed in police uniform stormed the 166 field regiment camp at 5.30 am.
Apart from arms, ammunition, and explosive stores, BSF recovered 10 Improvised Explosive Devices from three slain militants along IB in Ramgarh sector, Samba district.
Night temperatures in Jammu and Kashmir rose above normal on Wednesday as rain and snow was forecast in the hilly regions for Thursday.
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Demonetisation: Petrol pumps turn into cash counters
- How has life changed since govt's demonetisation move?
- Pakistan International Airlines plane crashes near Abbottabad
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation Part II
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Jayalalithaa death shock killed over 70, claims AIADMK
- DNA: Hindi named in top 10 most powerful languages in the world
- 7-storey under-construction building collapses in Hyderabad
- DNA: Analyzing the decision-making process of Time's 'Person of the Year'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs
- Jayalalithaa used to give tips on skin care - Apollo Hospitals' medical staff recall Amma's stay
- 'Mannargudi mafia' back in action? A common man can lead AIADMK, says Jayalalithaa's confidante Sasikala's husband
- SHOCKER: Bhuvneshwar Kumar floors umpire Paul Reiffel with 'wicketless' ball — WATCH
- Allahabad HC on triple talaq: Instant divorce is cruel, demeaning which impedes and drags India from becoming nation
- Parliament: Opposition agrees to debate demonetisation without division of votes
- India vs England, 4th Test, Day 2 — As it happened...
- Top Lashkar-e-Taiba terrorist Abu Dujana cornered by forces in south Kashmir?
- US Congress to formally recognise India as major defence partner: Ashton Carter