The Punjab Police on Saturday arrested one more Pakistan's spy agency Inter Services Intelligence (ISI) suspected agent from Surankote, Poonch.
Jammu And Kashmir News
Two Army personnel were killed in a gunfight between militants and security forces in north Kashmir.
Two Army personnel were injured on Saturday in an ongoing gunfight between militants and security forces in north Kashmir's Kupwara district.
Besides discussion on the political situation, the BJP delegation brought to Governor's notice several important issues of public interest.
With the death of Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad and nine of his comrades, India has lost nearly one soldier every month due to avalanches or extreme climatic conditions in the Siachen Glacier, since first sending troops to the contested Himalayan area 32 years ago to counter the Pakistani Army.
The mortal remains of nine soldiers, who were buried alive by an avalanche in the Siachen Glacier, are yet to be airlifted from Siachen, said the Northern Command in a release on Thursday.
Concerned over anti-national acvities at Delhi's Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), East Delhi's MP and BJP's national secretary Maheish Girri on Thursday wrote to Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh, HRD Minister Smriti Irani and Delhi's Police Commissioner Bassi.
The Jammu-Srinagar National Highway was today closed for traffic in view of snowfall at Jawahir tunnel.
Many areas in the higher reaches of Kashmir, including the tourist resorts of Gulmarg and Pahalgam, received fresh snowfall while the plains of the Valley experienced rains.
Jammu and Kashmir Governor N N Vohra has approved more than Rs 50 lakh under the financial assistance grant scheme to the Voluntary Cultural and Literary Organizations in the state.
The city authorities on Wednesday imposed curfew-like restrictions here, causing inconvenience to people.
The ceremonial border personal meeting was marked by hoisting of national flags by both the delegations.
Authorities today tightened security as a precautionary measure in the wake of separatists' call for a strike to protest the hanging of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru on this day three years ago.
At least 17 highly qualified teachers of two government schools failed to answer even basic questions posed by the Deputy Commissioner of Udhampur district in Jammu and Kashmir , prompting him to initiate an education audit of the schools.
The body of one of the 10 soldiers buried under an avalanche on the Siachen glacier on February 3 was recovered on Monday, officials said.
BJP has asked the PDP chief that to take its final call on government formation in J&K they have time not beyond the Parliament Session.
17-year-old Sunak's father, who was a village defence committee (VDC) member, was gunned down by militants in 2001.
Omar Abdullah hit out at PDP chief Menbooba Mufti saying she must break her silence over J&K government formation.
Terror outfit ISIS does not have "very large footprint" in Jammu and Kashmir but care needs to be taken to ensure it does not make inroads, Northern Army Commander Lt Gen D S Hooda said on Saturday and advocated an "Intelligence Operation" to prevent spreading of its ideology.
The terrorist was neutralised in Gundpora village of Pulwama by security forces after they received a tip-off on presence of ultras there.
The airport in Leh will be vacated by the Air Force which will develop its base at an alternate site in the strategically-located district of J&K.
The army on Friday released the names of its 10 soldiers who were buried in an avalanche on Siachen Glacier of Jammu and Kashmir`s Ladakh region on Wednesday.
Mehbooba indicated today that she could end the alliance with the BJP if the Central government fails to announce “confidence-building measures”.
Three rifles and one Under Barrel Grenade Launcher (UBGL) have been recovered from militants.
Ten soldiers were on duty at an Army post on a glacier in J&K at an altitude of 5,900 metres (19,600 feet) when it was hit by a massive avalanche.
The encounter started this morning after security forces launched a cordon and search operation at Khushi Mohalla in the district, about 35 kms from Srinagar.
The Defence Ministry said on Thursday that the chances of finding any survivors who went missing after an avalanche hit their post in Siachen were very remote.
A fierce encounter is currently underway between the security forces and militants in Hajin area of Jammu and Kashmir's Bandipora district on Thursday.
The recommendations of the Parliamentary Panel headed by member parliament Awais Ahmad Leghari depicts an apologetic policy and it cannot be named more than this that it is an attempt to appease India, Geelani said.
In a significant victory in the fight against terror, the Jammu and Kashmir Police, Wednesday, busted a Jash-e-Mohammad (JeM) terror module operating in the state.
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Ishrat Jahan was LeT terrorist, reveals David Headley
- Siachen braveheart Lance Naik Hanumanthappa passes away
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Odd-even formula to be back in Delhi from April 15
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Afzal Guru row: Why not action against supporters at JNU?- Part III
- Japanese student spotted cleaning garbage in Delhi
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- Afzal Guru row: Why not action against supporters at JNU?- Part II
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Afzal Guru row: Why not action against supporters at JNU?- Part IV
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'
- Siachen braveheart Hanumanthappa passes away; India mourns
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- 'Pakistan zindabad' slogans at JNU: Rajnath Singh, Smriti Irani to order action against 'anti-nationals'?
- Watch: Mother puts her triplets and toddler to bed – Viral video
- 2nd T20I: India vs Sri Lanka 2016 - Preview
- Odd-even scheme to return from April 15-30 in Delhi; VIPs, women to be exempted: Kejriwal
- Salman Khan hints at marriage plans; is Iulia Vantur the lucky girl?
- Kareena Kapoor, Parineeti Chopra rejected Hrithik Roshan's 'Kaabil'- Here's why