Accusing the Modi government of "scuttling" their 'one-time settlement' funds, PoK refugees met with Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi, urging him to put pressure on the Centre to release the Rs 25 lakhs per PoK family grant.
Jammu And Kashmir News
Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi has said he would raise the problems of Kashmiri Pandit migrants in Parliament, according to a delegation that met him here.
Jammu and Kashmir Police on Thursday provided relief of Rs four lakh to the family of an ice-cream vendor who was killed in a grenade attack by militants in Anantnag early this year.
In a major development, Indian security forces captured alive another Pakistani terrorist in Jammu and Kashmir on Thursday.
The two anti-militancy operations in north Kashmir entered the second day on Thursday but no fresh casualties have been reported so far, Army said.
Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi cornered Prime Minister Narendra Modi-led Central Government over the farmer`s issue and alleged that the latter was concerned only about a few `businessmen`.
Describing growing unemployment as a matter of "grave concern", PDP president Mehbooba Mufti on Wednesday sought "ample resources" from the Centre for post-flood economic reconstruction and to supplement the peace efforts in Jammu and Kashmir.
Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi on Wednesday said that strengthening of panchayats in Jammu and Kashmir was necessary to bring peace to the state.
A new video of Hizbul Mujahideen militant Burhan Muzzafar Wani has surfaced here, weeks after the one that showed him training in battle fatigues.
Two live mortar shells were on Wednesday found lying in a stream in Budgam district of central Kashmir, police said.
Accusing Prime Minister Narendra Modi-led central government of being "pro-corporate", Jammu and Kashmir chapter of Centre of Indian Trade Union (CITU) on Wednesday asked working class to join the one-day nation-wide strike next month to protest against government's unilateral labour reforms.
LeT terrorist Mohammed Naved Yakub, a resident of Pakistan, made a confessional statement before a magistrate here on Wednesday regarding the role of the terror outfit in carrying out strikes like the Udhampur attack in Jammu and Kashmir.
The Army on Wednesday foiled an attempt by militants who tried to sneak into India from Pakistan in Jammu and Kashmir, police said.
An unidentified militant was killed in an encounter with security forces near the Line of Control in Uri area of North Kashmir's Baramulla district on Wednesday.
Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi on Wednesday alleged there was "over centralisation of power" in the central government blocking the functioning of the entire system and accused Prime Minister Narendra Modi of not fulfilling promises.
Democratic Freedom Party (DFP) president Shabir Ahmad Shah on Tuesday "blamed the Centre for the failure" of the NSA talks with Pakistan, saying "the world is disappointed on the stand taken by India".
Moderate Hurriyat Conference on Tuesday accused the Centre of "evading" the NSA-level talks with Pakistan by refusing to discuss Kashmir, an issue it described as the main reason for the "huge trust deficit" between the two countries.
Lieutenant General Narinder Pal Singh Hira on Tuesday took over as the Chief of Staff of Headquarter Northern Command.
Jammu and Kashmir Chief Secretary Mohammad Iqbal Khanday has sought voluntary retirement from service, a move which comes against the backdrop of his differences with the government over recent transfers of bureaucrats.
A senior Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) leader on Wednesday met Jammu and Kashmir Governor NN Vohra here and discussed the situation at the Line of Control with him.
Against the backdrop of tension along Indo-Pak border, Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi will begin his three-day visit to Jammu and Kashmir from Wednesday during which he will meet the people affected by shelling from Pakistani troop.
In a statement which could stoke controversy, Kashmiri separatist leader Shabir Shah on Tuesday said that all the militants who had given their lives over the Kashmir issue were like freedom fighter Bhagat Singh.
A hoax call on Tuesday about spotting of militants triggered panic and fear as it kept the Army and Police on their toes due to search operation.
Ruling PDP in Jammu and Kashmir on Tuesday said it will press the Centre to hold dialogue with Pakistan and separatists, days after the scrapping of the NSA-level talks between the two countries.
Jammu and Kashmir chief secretary Muhammad Iqbal Khandey on Tuesday decided to quit as the seniormost bureaucrat of the state reportedly over differences with the ruling alliance.
A Junior Commissioned Officer (JCO) of Army was killed today in cross-LoC firing by Pakistani troops in Kupwara district of Kashmir.
'Chhari Mubarak', the holy mace of Lord Shiva, on Monday joined the annual Amarnath yatra, marking concluding phase of the 59-day pilgrimage to 3,880 metre cave shrine in south Kashmir Himalayas.
An organisation of non-migrant Kashmiri Pandits in the Valley today held a protest here in support of their demands including minority status for them and a job package for the youths.
Captured Pakistani terrorist Mohammad Naved Yakub alias Usman Khan has made a big revelation during interrogation by the National Investigation Agency (NIA).
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- Gujarat quota stir: PM Modi appeals for peace
- Media bigwig Indrani Mukerjea held for sister's murder
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Mumbai Police admits 'Sheena Vohra murder case is resolved'
- Quota row: Hardik Patel calls for Gujarat bandh
- Odisha: Three jawans killed in Maoist ambush in Malkangiri
- Sanjay Dutt gets 30-day parole for daughter's surgery
- DNA: Why do the 'affluent' Patel community want reservation?
- Live TV shootout of American journalists shocks the world
- Quota row: Patel agitation turns violent, clashes in Ahmedabad & Surat
- PM Modi directs officials to address call drop problem urgently
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- Video of Hizbul Mujahideen militant threatening cops surfaces in Srinagar
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- 3rd Test: India vs Sri Lanka 2015 - Preview
- Five reasons to watch Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’
- This is how India plans to tackle Dawood Ibrahim and Hafiz Saeed
- Pakistani hunk Fawad Khan to play homosexual on screen?
- Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was strangled, body burnt with petrol: Mumbai Police chief
- Revealed! How Indrani Mukherjea murdered daughter Sheena Bora
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- Murdered Sheena Bora was Indrani Mukherjea's daughter, not sister!