Three policemen, including an SHO, and a taxi driver were injured on Friday night when militants opened firing on a police check post in Pattan area of north Kashmir's Baramulla district.
Jammu And Kashmir News
Jammu and Kashmir BJP leader Prof Hari Om today suggested the party to break its alliance with the PDP as the popularity of BJP in Jammu province has dipped to the lowest levels since it become partner in the government in the state.
The residents of Banihal today staged protests over "shortage" of doctors in various hospitals here and accused the state government of "adopting discriminatory policies" against them, police said.
The Border Security Force (BSF) on Friday foiled an infiltration attempt along the International Border in Jammu and Kashmir's Samba region.
Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Mufti Mohammad Sayeed on Friday approved the first-ever disaster management plan in the state in an effort to reduce the vulnerability to hazards and cope with disasters and natural calamities in a more effective manner.
Violent protests broke out in Jammu as a three-day shutdown called from Friday to press for setting up of AIIMS in the region disrupted normal life and opposition parties took to streets accusing ruling BJP of "betrayal".
Flags of ISIS, Pakistan and Lashkar-e-Toiba ( LeT) were waved near the Jama Masjid in Srinagar after Friday prayers.
An Indian Army jawan allegedly committed suicide by shooting himself with his service rifle in an army camp in Jammu, police said on Friday.
Clashes broke out between activists of AIIMS Coordination Committee (ACC) and the BJP today in Jammu, where a complete bandh was observed over demand of establishment of AIIMS in the region, following which police used cane charge to bring situation to normal.
On the day Yakub Memon was hanged in a Nagpur jail, a Congress MLA in Kashmir on Thursday created a stir when he claimed meeting the 1993 Mumbai serial blasts mastermind Tiger Memon.
Amid tight security, a batch of 418 pilgrims on Friday left for the cave shrine of Amarnath in the south Kashmir Himalayas.
Border Security Force (BSF) troopers guarding the International Border in Jammu and Kashmir on Friday opened fire after they noticed suspicious movements, police said.
A soldier shot himself with his service rifle late Thursday inside a barrack in Jammu, police said.
A committee of lawyers, traders and civil society members called for a three-day shutdown in Jammu beginning on Friday, accusing the central government of going back on its promise of setting up an AIIMS here.
Police today detained Independent MLA from north Kashmir's Langate constituency, Sheikh Abdul Rashid, after he took out a rally here to protest the hanging of 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon and against the prevalence of capital punishment.
An Army jawan and a Village Defence Committee (VDC) member were arrested for firing shots, triggering panic and terror among the people in Rajouri district of Jammu and Kashmir.
A wanted Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) militant, involved in a bomb blast targeting a police vehicle in Jammu and Kashmir`s Sopore town last month, was arrested on Wednesday, the army said.
Amid protests by political parties, the chain hunger strike of the AIIMS coordination committee (ACC) demanding setting up an of AIIMS here entered its ninth consecutive day on Wednesday.
In a significant catch, security forces today claimed to have arrested a Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) militant who is the main accused in a bomb blast of last month when a police vehicle was targeted, killing an undertrial militant from Pakistan-occupied Kashmir (PoK) and a cop.
A 23-year-old US woman has alleged molestation by a co-passenger on a state bus on Jammu-Srinagar National Highway here, police said on Wednesday.
Pakistan on Wednesday violated the ceasefire along the Line of Control (LoC) in Machil sector of Jammu and Kashmir by targeting Indian positions.
Four troopers and four civilians were injured in a grenade explosion on Wednesday in Jammu and Kashmir's Anantnag district, police said.
Amid tight security arrangements, a batch of 449 pilgrims on Wednesday left for the cave shrine of Amarnath in the south Kashmir Himalayas.
Government has proposed to amend a 7-year old Act to enable the Centre to collect statistical data in Jammu and Kashmir for removing a "legislative vacuum" with regard to data collection in the state.
Accusing the BJP of betraying the people of Jammu region, the JNPP today held a protest in Jammu and burned the effigy of Deputy Chief minister Dr Nirmal Singh and the Forest minister Bali Bhagat.
Security forces have busted a militant hideout in the forest area in North Kashmir's Kupwara district and recovered a cache of arms and ammunition, police said on Tuesday.
The chain hunger strike resumed by the AIIMS coordination committee (ACC) demanding setting up of an AIIMS here entered its eighth consecutive day on Tuesday with a fresh batch of protesters taking their turn.
The Jammu and Kashmir government has declared a seven-day state mourning while the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) will not observe its foundation day on Tuesday as a mark of respect to former president APJ Abdul Kalam, who passed away last evening.
One of Kashmir's oldest handicraft legends and legacy, the pashmina, is threatened by its imitations as the high-priced handmade fabric is increasingly being eased out from markets by its cheap, machine-made namesake.
Security has been beefed up in Jammu, Samba and Kathua districts in Jammu and Kashmir following the terror attack in neighbouring Punjab, police said on Tuesday.
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Four arrested in Delhi University admission scam
- 1993 blasts convict Yakub Memon to be buried in Mumbai
- Nation bids tearful adieu to APJ Abdul Kalam in Rameswaram
- Punjab: Suspicious object found at Gurdaspur bus stand
- VVIPs pay last respect to former President APJ Abdul Kalam
- Rescue teams roped in as heavy rains lash Rajasthan, Gujarat
- Yakub Memon Hanging: Should capital punishment be abolished?-Part 3
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez
- MH370 hunt: Debris 'very likely' from Boeing 777, to be examined in France
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- This was Yakub Memon's last wish before being hanged
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in his hometown Rameswaram today
- Yakub Memon not first terrorist to be hanged. These were executed before him
- Ranveer Singh's loss is Shah Rukh-Salman's gain?
- The story behind Yakub Memon's arrest
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Nation mourns loss of Dr APJ Abdul Kalam but Assam CM Tarun Gogoi dances, plays golf - Watch