Air traffic to and from Srinagar international airport was hit for the third day running today due to foggy weather.
Jammu And Kashmir News
This 'Sumita Vijayan' is one whose photo had been mistakenly used by media outlets for the pilot of the same name who died in the helicopter crash.
A Pakistani flag was hoisted on the ancestral house of J&K CM Mufti Mohammad Sayeed in Bijbehara area to protest the killing of three Hizbul Mujahideen militants on Monday.
A group of Pakistan-backed terrorists attacked an army post at Tangdhar near Line of Control LoC in the wee hours of Wednesday.
The Vaishsnodevi shrine is located at a height of 5,300 feet on the Trikuta Hills. Katra town is 50 Kms away from Jammu.
The Chief Minister issued the instructions during a meeting convened to review the implementation of decision taken at District Development Board (DDB) meetings.
The strike also affected inter-district transport service in Kashmir. However, traffic on the Srinagar-Jammu national highway was unaffected.
Fog covered Srinagar on Tuesday morning, with visibility dropping to just a few feet.
BJP state president and MP Jugal Kishore Sharma expelled Hari Om for "gross indiscipline, anti-party activities and un-repentance for his misconduct."
Four unidentified militants were killed on Monday in two separate encounters with security forces in Kupwara and Anantnag districts of Kashmir, officials said here.
A soldier was killed on Monday as security forces foiled an infiltration bid along the Line of Control (LoC) in Rajouri district of Jammu region, a senior police official said.
In an unfortunate incident, a helicopter ferrying pilgrims from the Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine to Katra crashed on Monday, killing all seven people aboard.
Opposition National Conference leader Omar Abdullah on Monday said he would not be surprised if PDP ended its alliance with BJP and formed a government in coalition with Congress and independent MLAs in Jammu and Kashmir but Mufti Mohammad Sayeed's party ruled it out.
An unidentified militant was on Monday killed in a gunbattle with security forces during an ongoing operation in Kupwara district of north Kashmir.
A suspected overground worker (OGW) of Lashker-e-Toiba militant outfit was arrested in Pulwama district, police said on Monday.
A cold and foggy Monday morning was recorded in Srinagar as the minimum temperature dipped below freezing point at many places in Jammu and Kashmir.
The officer was taken to hospital for specialised treatment, and the operation against the militants has been intensified
Security forces on Sunday busted a guerrilla hideout in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir, police said.
The truck was set ablaze by a mob near the Ban Toll Plaza in Nagrota area which falls on the outskirts of Jammu.
The family of the al Qaeda operative in South Kashmir's Anathnag district claimed that their son was killed in a US drone strike.
Ram Krishan, a resident of Puran Nagar in Talab Tillo area of Jammu city, was shell shocked when he receive a bill of around Rs 39 crore for the month of October.
The rally was allowed by the police to proceed and it culminated peacefully near the DC's office.
The CRPF along with team of 2RR Regiment recovered the IED at 0730 Hrs.
Two pictures were posted in Facebook and WhatsApp in which Head Constable Zakir Hussain was seen sitting on the lap of a woman SPO.
Sayeed said India's relations with Pakistan have a direct impact on Jammu and Kashmir and any uncertainity hampers the development of the state.
An Army jawan allegedly committed suicide by hanging himself from a tree in Reasi district of Jammu and Kashmir, a police officer said.
Rebel BJP leader Shatrughan Sinha will also not the able to attend his 'good friend's' swearing-in ceremony due to "important personal engagements."
About 600-700 guerrillas are being trained in terrorist camps in Pakistan-held Kashmir, a senior army officer said on Thursday.
Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar, Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis and other dignitaries paid homage to Col Mahadik.
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Panel discussion: Is India only for Hindus and Pakistan for Muslims?
- Lesser people died in communal violence this year than in 2014: MHA
- Woman commits suicide by jumping in front of Delhi Metro
- DNA: Vladimir Putin's gigantic, triple-decker war room revealed
- DNA: Today In History, November 23, 2015
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- It was Lalu who pulled and hugged me, will continue to fight corruption, clarifies Arvind Kejriwal
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged
- Is your Indian passport among those to be declared invalid from November 25, 2015?
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Turmoil at NIT-Durgapur after student's death; Smriti Irani intervenes
- See how terror-hit Paris responds to a Muslim man's free hug offer
- Arvind Kejriwal hails Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Modi finds 'Little India' with Diwali lights, delicious food in Singapore - In Pics