Omar Abdullah alleged that PDP-BJP coalition's policy of putting core political issues on the back burner did not auger well for the prospects of peace in J&K.
Jammu And Kashmir News
A jawan on Monday suffered a gunshot injury at a CRPF post in Kathua district of Jammu and Kashmir and authorities are probing the incident.
The accused duo have been identified as Kafaitullah Khan alias Master Raja (44), a resident of Rajouri district in Jammu and Kashmir, and BSF head constable Abdul Rasheed, posted at the intelligence wing of Border Security Force in the same district.
Asserting that his father and National Conference chief has said the right thing, Omar said, "One can use weapons to a certain extent only, after that the political dialogue will have to take the process forward."
Police also has issued instructions to its units near the IB to be alert.
The terror activities in Kupwara district over the last eight weeks are suggesting that infiltration from Pakistan-occupied-Kashmir (PoK) has increased and these terror groups want to set up base in North Kashmir where the presence has been weak of both the Pakistan-based terror outfits, official sources said on Sunday
A high alert has been sounded along the Line of Control (LoC) in Kashmir Valley as infiltration from across the border has seen a sudden spurt.
Ramiz Raja, 22, was injured in militant firing on an army post along the line of control in Saujiyan sector.
One army porter was seriously injured in the firing.The area has been cordoned off and search operation is on.
BJP assailed Abdullah over his remark, saying he was raking up the issue to "remain in news for political survival.
Yogi Adityanath said every inch of land of Kashmir belonged to India and the part of Kashmir under Pakistan's control would be taken back.
Jammu: A court here on Saturday extended by 14 days the judicial remand of six accused in the Udhampur terror attack of August 5 in which two BSF men had been killed.
Union Minister of State in the PMO Jitendra Singh on Saturday flayed the statement of former Jammu and Kashmir chief minister Farooq Abdullah that "PoK is part of Pakistan".
Alleging that seeds of divisive politics were being sown into the socio-political fabric of the state, NC leader Omar Abdullah on Saturday hit out at Chief Minister Mufti Mohmmad Sayeed, and claimed the fruits of hard-earned peace are being "wasted" by him.
Separatist groups on Saturday hit out at former chief minister Farooq Abdullah for his statement on Jammu and Kashmir and Pakistan-occupied Kashmir, claiming it was far from ground reality in the state.
Yesterday, Farooq Abdullah invited criticism after he said that PoK is in Pakistan and will remain there, while J&K will continue to be part of India.
In the Jammu region, the minimum temperatures were generally above the freezing point.
NC leader Omar Abdullah on Friday alleged that the PDP-BJP coalition govt in J&K has lost peoples' confidence.
The official said the exchange of fire lasted little over 25 minutes but no casualty has been reported so far.
It is not clear what prompted the National Conference leader to make such remarks.
The BSF IG was replying to a question whether the terror infrastructure across the border has increased.
IG BSF Jammu Frontier, Rakesh Sharma said that there has been a huge cross-border firing in last year.
The activists, who gathered at RS Pura near the IB, accused the Modi-led government of not doing much to address the problems of the border residents.
Amid debate over alleged intolerance in India, the story of Kashmiri Pandits, who were forced to flee their homes in early 1990s, will give you a jolt.
In a relief for stranded passengers, air traffic to and from Srinagar International Airport resumed Thursday after remaining suspended for the last three days due to foggy conditions.
The official said the visibility in the morning was just 300-400 metres.
Hardline Hurriyat Conference on Wednesday appointed Syed Ali Shah Geelani as its lifetime chairman while restructuring the separatist amalgam to accommodate leaders who defected recently from the rival faction headed by Mirwaiz Umar Farooq.
Air traffic to and from Srinagar international airport was hit for the third day running today due to foggy weather.
This 'Sumita Vijayan' is one whose photo had been mistakenly used by media outlets for the pilot of the same name who died in the helicopter crash.
A Pakistani flag was hoisted on the ancestral house of J&K CM Mufti Mohammad Sayeed in Bijbehara area to protest the killing of three Hizbul Mujahideen militants on Monday.
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Watch: Top 25 headlines @11:00 am
- PM Modi praises Zee News for Kanpur's Noorjahan story
- Parliamentary debate over alleged intolerance in India commences
- Global Warming - a war to be fought
- Kanpur: Minor girl raped in moving train, attendant arrested
- Watch: Top 10 News @9:30 am
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- AR Rahman's romantic ballads steal Delhi hearts
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation
- Court's decision to criminalise gay sex needs reconsideration: Jaitley
- Watch: What Varun Dhawan's little fan says to him for 'Dilwale'!
- Cute, adorable Royal baby Princess Charlotte at six months: Clicked by Mom Kate - See pic
- Spirituality: Chant these 13 mantras for Surya Namaskar!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Kajol, Kriti find tough to match Varun, Shah Rukh Khan's dance moves