Crimes in Jammu and Kashmir, including domestic violence against women, is on the decline, according to data released by state police on Wednesday.
Jammu And Kashmir News
A year after he observed that any person claiming to be a Hindu or Muslim nationalist was working against "Indianism" triggering a row, a High Court judge here has said that the term used by him was taken out of context by some persons.
Urging the state government to revoke termination order of contractual, casual and daily rated employees, Jammu and Kashmir National Panthers Party (JKNPP) on Wednesday sought regularisation of workers who had completed seven years service as assured by the government.
Congress on Wednesday said due procedures should be followed while deciding on the application for issuance of passport to hardline Hurriyat Conference leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani for visiting his ailing daughter in Saudi Arabia.
It was a partly sunny morning here on Wednesday and the local Met Office has forecast light rain at a few places in Jammu and Kashmir.
Jammu and Kashmir's ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) are in conflict again -- now over a passport for separatist leader Syed Ali Geelani.
Ignoring ally BJP's objections, PDP on Wednesday said it will ask the Centre to grant passport to separatist Syed Ali Shah Geelani on "humanitarian" grounds even as NC leader Omar Abdullah questioned why it was being made an issue when he has been given passport earlier also.
Two Army personnel were injured on Wednesday in a gun battle with militants in Heff Shirmal area of Shopian district.
Jammu and Kashmir Governor NN Vohra on Tuesday reviewed the arrangements for the annual Amarnath Yatra scheduled to begin from July 2.
Minister of State for Defence Rao Inderjit Singh on Tuesday repudiated former Pakistan President General Pervez Musharraf's comment that Pakistani Army had "caught India by throat" in the Kargil war, saying on the contrary the 1999 war has given him a "bloody nose".
Jammu and Kashmir Board of School Education (JKBOSE) on Tuesday declared the results of class 10 examination in which the top three positions have been bagged by girls.
The Jammu Bar Association (JBA) continued its boycott of courts for a second day on Tuesday to press its demand for the establishment of an AIIMS in the region.
Hardline Hurriyat Conference chairman Syed Ali Shah Geelani has reportedly applied for an Indian passport to go to Saudi Arabia and visit his ailing daughter. However, the ruling BJP has reacted strongly to his application for an Indian passport and sought an apology from the separatist leader for his anti-India activities.
As many as 75 people Monday crossed the Line of Control (LoC) across the Aman Setu bridge in Jammu and Kashmir`s Baramulla district as part of the Karvan-e-Aman (caravan of peace) between the parts of divided Kashmir, an official said.
The PDP-BJP government in Jammu and Kashmir on Monday formed a cabinet sub-committee to look into the new recruitment policy announced by the government and submit its recommendations before June 1 this year.
In an administrative reshuffle, Jammu and Kashmir government on Monday transferred over 35 officers, including Divisional Commissioner Kashmir, Gazanfar Hussain, within two months of his appointment to the post.
Delhi High Court on Monday expressed concern over the alleged faulty Katra-Banihal rail link to the Kashmir Valley, saying it was worried about the safety of citizens if a major Nepal-like quake happened and asked the government to take a call on it.
Three people were killed in Jammu and Kashmir's Reasi district on Monday when a car plunged into a deep gorge.
A massive traffic jam was today witnessed around famous Dal Lake here as locals staged a sit-in to protest against alleged failure of the government to address their problems, including the issue of frequent flooding of the area by rain water.
Lawyers throughout the city abstained from the courts on Monday to press their demand for setting up an AIIMS-like medical institute in the region.
The Shiv Sena on Sunday asked the BJP to withdraw its support from the PDP-led coalition government in the state for allegedly ignoring the interests of the people of Jammu.
Jammu and Kashmir Health Minister Chowdhary Lal Singh has imposed a fine of Rs 6000 on the doctors who were found without uniform and nameplates, an official spokesman said.
Jammu and Kashmir unit of BJP on Sunday said hardline Hurriyat Conference chairman Syed Ali Shah Geelani should acknowledge he is Indian and "apologise" for his anti-national activities if he wants to get passport to visit his ailing daughter in Saudi Arabia.
Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Mufti Mohammad Sayeed wants Prime Minister Narendra Modi to preside over a Davos-type conclave at Gulmarg as part of his "dream" to turn the state into a number one tourist destination in the world.
Bringing local culture into the day to day lives of the people, Jammu and Kashmir government will hold art and cultural programmes in public places.
Jammu and Kashmir government has terminated the services of a teacher who had obtained his job on the basis of a fake degree, an official spokesman said here.
Two students of class XI drowned in Tawi river while taking a bath, a police officer said on Sunday.
With the arrest of one more person, police on Saturday claimed to have made a major breakthrough in the murder case of Shivani Jasral, a nursing student who was killed on March 12 this year.
Different voices emerged within PDP-BJP alliance yet again as the latter rejected Chief Minister Mufti Mohammad Sayeed's remark that the creation of an artificial lake in Jammu and Kashmir was not feasible, asserting that it was committed for the project's completion.
A pilgrim approaching the Mata Vaishno Devi shrine in Jammu and Kashmir`s Reasi district was killed on Saturday after being struck by a falling stone, police said.
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Kangana Ranaut steals the show!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- rajresults.nic.in RBSE Rajasthan Board BSER Class 12th Science and Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly