Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) general secretary Ram Madhav on Monday said that the people of Jammu and Kashmir feel that they are an inseparable part of India, adding that the Central Government is planning major steps to develop the state.
Jammu And Kashmir News
A BSF trooper was killed overnight in Pakistan firing on the line of control (LoC) in North Kashmir's Kupwara district.
The Indian army has handed back a boy from Pakistani Kashmir who had inadvertently crossed the Line of Control (LoC), a defence official said on Sunday.
Pakistan has once again violated ceasefire in Arnia district of Jammu and Kashmir's RS Pura sector, reports claimed on Sunday.
Jammu and Kashmir Police has cracked a whip on the traffic violations by two wheeler riders and even asked fuel stations to deny petrol to bikers not wearing crash helmets.
Jammu and Kashmir Deputy Chief Minister Dr Nirmal Singh on Sunday said the government has ensured transparency and a corruption-free administration at all levels.
Nine candidates, including three women, from Jammu and Kashmir have qualified the prestigious UPSC Civil Service examination, the results of which were declared yesterday.
The changed face of militancy in the Kashmir Valley has led the Army to "completely review" its anti-infiltration and counter-insurgency strategies to tackle among other things the growing trend of youths, even educated ones, gravitating towards terror outfits.
The fifth batch comprising of 2,069 pilgrims today left from the base camp here to the cave shrine of Amarnath in South Kashmir Himalayas amid tight security.
The security forces conducted searches near the Line of Control (LoC) in Uri Sector of north Kashmir as the operation between the Army and the militants entered the third day on Sunday with no reports of fresh casualty on either side.
Another batch of over 2,200 Amarnath pilgrims left from here on Sunday for the Himalayan cave shrine in the Kashmir Valley.
The rail-link from Banihal to Katra, connecting Kashmir Valley with the rest of the country, would be completed by 2020, railway officials said here on Saturday.
A BJP MLA in Jammu and Kashmir on Saturday demanded that the Centre adopt a "proactive policy" and allow the army to carry out a Myanmar-type operation against the terrorist training camps across the LoC.
In a shocking incident, a woman was allegedly stripped naked by a gang of five persons, including an Army jawan, in Udhampur district of Jammu and Kashmir and the video of the incident uploaded on the internet, police said on Saturday.
Holding a protest rally here, activists of Jammu and Kashmir National Panthers Party (JKNPP) on Saturday accused the BJP-PDP coalition in the state of discriminating with the people of Jammu.
Another batch of around 2,000 pilgrims for the Amarnath Yatra left from here on Saturday for the Himalayan cave shrine in the Kashmir Valley.
The holy Amarnath Yatra is on the target of militants, a top Army officer confirmed on Saturday.
At least five guerrillas were killed when they tried to sneak into the Indian side of the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir, an official said on Saturday. A soldier too was killed in the gunbattle.
Opposition National Conference on Friday sought paradigm shift in developmental process and emphasised the need for devising separate plans for rural and urban pockets of the Jammu districts.
Police on Friday moved a local court seeking directions for blocking the pages on 'Facebook' which carried pictures of 11 young Kashmiri militants donning army fatigues and holding firearms.
Army on Friday foiled an infiltration bid in Uri sector of Kashmir, killing one militant, but one jawan also died in the operation.
Hailing Amensty International's recommendation for removal of controversial Armed Forces Special Powers Act (AFSPA) from Jammu and Kashmir, ruling PDP on Friday said it has vindicated the party's stand on the issue.
Clashed erupted in Jammu and Kashmir`s Anantnag town on Friday as police detained separatist leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani while heading to lead a rally.
After successfully completing 26 weeks of basic training, 515 recruits of Railway Protection Special Force (RPSF) passed out of the BSF training centre in Jammu and Kashmir's Udhampur district on Friday.
Terror outfit Islamic State (IS) is trying to gain a foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir, a senior Army official said on Friday.
J&K Police Friday foiled separatist leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani's plan to address a public gathering in Anantnag district of south Kashmir by detaining him near his residence here.
An encounter broke out between the Army and militants on Friday near the Line of Control in Uri sector of north Kashmir, with a militant believed to have been killed in the operation, an Army official said.
UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon has declined comment over an Amnesty International report that blames India of not taking action against troops accused of atrocities in Jammu and Kashmir state.
In an audacious move, 11 young Kashmiri terrorists donning army fatigues and holding firearms, posted their photographs on Facebook, forcing the security forces to sit up and take notice.
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- AIB: Polythene ban - Do we care enough?
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jharkhand: Girl commits suicide after parents refuse to build toilet in home
- Is Dawood Ibrahim threatening India?
- Is Dawood Ibrahim threatening India? Part 2
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- UPSC Results 2014: Meet top three toppers
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown
- World Hockey League Semi-final: Indian eves take 5th place, keep 2016 Rio Olympics dreams alive
- Lalit Modi alleges Rahul Gandhi, Vadra were beneficiaries of his hospitality
- Australia won`t miss me, says retiring Ryan Harris
- Uttarakhand govt sounds alert, warns of heavy rains along Chardham Yatra route
- Hrithik Roshan is god of everything: Tiger Shroff
- Journalist Akshay Singh was trembling, frothing during last moments, says eyewitness
- Wimbledon 2015, Day 6: Federer defies big-serving Groth to make last 16, Brown exits