Days after Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar ruled out revocation of AFSPA from Jammu and Kashmir, Chief Minister Mufti Mohammad Sayeed on Saturday said his government would "achieve its objective" with regard to the controversial Act in the state.
Jammu And Kashmir News
The opposition National Conference (NC) on Saturday vowed to fight for the restoration of "internal autonomy" in Jammu and Kashmir and demanded the "strengthening" of Article 370 of the Constitution that accords special status to the state.
Scores of youngsters proceeding to appear in the common entrance test (CET) for professional colleges were unable to reach their examination centres on Saturday as insensitive protesters, including elderly people and women, did not heed their pleading to let them pass through roadblocks set up along the Dal Lake here.
Catering to the growing demand of pilgrims travelling to the cave shrine of Mata Vaishno Devi, railways will run a new bi-weekly train for Katra from Kalka from June 2.
Militants on Friday night fired two rifle grenades towards a security forces camp in Sopore town of north Kashmir's Baramulla district, police said.
India on Friday rejected an OIC resolution commenting on Jammu and Kashmir as "completely unacceptable" and asked the association of 56 Islamic states to "refrain from interfering in the internal affairs of India".
Congress leader Ghulam Nabi Azad on Friday said the survival of the PDP-BJP coalition government in Jammu and Kashmir is "very difficult".
VHP on Friday demanded elaborate security arrangements for the Amarnath Yatra, starting from July 2, citing recent terror attacks in the Kashmir Valley.
Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh said on Friday that all issues, including that of the Ram Mandir and Article 370 of the Constitution, were important to the central government.
Jammu and Kashmir Governor NN Vohra would undertake an aerial inspection of the twin tracks leading to the 3,880 metre high holy cave shrine of Amarnath on June 1, an official spokesperson said on Friday.
Three women who were allegedly abducted from different areas of Jammu and Kashmir have been rescued and two kidnappers arrested in Poonch district, police said on Friday.
The survival of the PDP-BJP coalition government in Jammu and Kashmir is "very difficult" since it is not based on principles and there is no "meeting point", senior Congress leader Ghulam Nabi Azad said here on Friday.
Asserting that the issue of return and rehabilitation of Kashmiri Pandits to the Valley has become just a "phrase" used by political parties to befool the people, an organisation representing the community on Friday said they have lost faith in the Narendra Modi government.
In yet another such instance, Pakistani flags on Friday appeared at a rally organised by separatist leader Shabir Shah in south Kashmir, prompting police to take him and his two close aides into custody.
Pakistani flags were once again raised in Jammu and Kashmir on Friday.
Security forces overnight busted a guerrilla hideout in Jammu region's Reasi district and recovered arms and ammunition, an official said here on Friday.
A group of unidentified terrorists on Friday opened fire at police personnel deployed outside a bank in Shopian district of Jammu and Kashmir, critically injuring one person.
An Army jawan was injured in a landmine blast near the Line of Control (LoC) in Akhnoor belt of Jammu district.
Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh Thursday said pro-Pakistan activities would be not be tolerated in Jammu and Kashmir even as he noted that the ruling PDP-BJP alliance in the state was doing well in the desired direction.
In a first, Reserve Bank of India Governor Raghuram Rajan on Thursday paid a visit to this south Kashmir town and assured people affected by last year's massive floods all help in reviving their livelihood.
An Indian soldier was critically injured in a landmine blast near the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir`s Jammu district on Thursday, police said.
Hardline Hurriyat Conference, led by Syed Ali Shah Geelani, on Thursday claimed that the Jammu and Kashmir government had earmarked land for rehabilitating migrant Kashmiri Pandits in the Valley and said it would oppose any such attempt to create "Israel-type settlements".
Devotees in large numbers paid obeisance at the shrine of Sufi saint Naugaza Peer at a village in Jammu district on Thursday, coinciding with the saint's annual Urs.
A spate of attacks against telecom employees and those who have rented out space for installation of mobile towers in their fields has thrown the communication system in north Kashmir's Baramulla into disarray.
The security forces on Thursday busted a militant hideout and recovered arms and ammunition from the higher reaches of Reasi district of Jammu and Kashmir, a defence spokesman said.
Moderate Hurriyat Conference led by Mirwaiz Umer Farooq on Thursday welcomed the Tripura government's decision to withdraw Armed Forces Special Powers Act from the state, and said it should serve as an "eye opener" for the Jammu and Kashmir government too.
BJP's Kashmir Displaced Unit has urged the Union government to "return and rehabilitate" Kashmiri Pandit community at "one place" in the Valley and demanded "political empowerment" for them.
Guerrillas in Kashmir have carried out three deadly attacks over three days against mobile phone operations after their communication equipment fitted on a mobile tower was seized -- leaving them with poor connectivity.
International rights watchdog Amnesty International on Thursday said the Jammu and Kashmir government must prohibit the use of pellet firing shotguns during policing of demonstrations.
Hundreds of temporary state government employees held a rally for their regularisation in summer capital Srinagar on Thursday and also tried to storm the civil secretariat prompting police to use batons and water cannons to disperse them.
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- FSSAI testing more Maggi; brand ambassadors can be liable: Govt
- Service tax rate of 14% comes into effect from today
- Now a 'missed call' to shut down your computer
- India will pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia's case against Pakistan if SC permits: Sushma Swaraj
- Saurabh Kalia's death: Modi govt refuses to take Pakistan to international court
- Maggi controversy: Case against Big B, Madhuri Dixit and Preity Zinta
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Exclusive: Candid chat with superstar Amitabh Bachchan!
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- CHSE Odisha +2 Results 2015 (chseodisha.nic.in): Odisha Board Class 12th Result 2015 declared on orissaresults.nic.in
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing
- `Tanu Weds Manu Returns` Box Office collection unstoppable!
- LG says AAP govt has no powers to appoint Bihar cops in Delhi ACB
- RBSE (rajeduboard.nic.in) Class 12th Arts Results 2015: Rajasthan Board (BSER) Intermediate Class XII Arts Exam Results 2015 to be announced soon today on rajresults.nic.in
- RBSE Result 2015: rajresults.nic.in, rajeduboard.nic.in BSER Class 12 board result (Arts) at 4 pm
- FSSAI tests Maggi samples; govt to act against brand ambassadors
- Watch: The grand trailer of Rana Daggubati's `Baahubali`
- US Defence Secretary Ashton Carter visits Eastern Naval Command in Visakhapatnam
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores