The ceremonial border personal meeting was marked by hoisting of national flags by both the delegations.
Jammu And Kashmir News
Authorities today tightened security as a precautionary measure in the wake of separatists' call for a strike to protest the hanging of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru on this day three years ago.
At least 17 highly qualified teachers of two government schools failed to answer even basic questions posed by the Deputy Commissioner of Udhampur district in Jammu and Kashmir , prompting him to initiate an education audit of the schools.
The body of one of the 10 soldiers buried under an avalanche on the Siachen glacier on February 3 was recovered on Monday, officials said.
BJP has asked the PDP chief that to take its final call on government formation in J&K they have time not beyond the Parliament Session.
17-year-old Sunak's father, who was a village defence committee (VDC) member, was gunned down by militants in 2001.
Omar Abdullah hit out at PDP chief Menbooba Mufti saying she must break her silence over J&K government formation.
Terror outfit ISIS does not have "very large footprint" in Jammu and Kashmir but care needs to be taken to ensure it does not make inroads, Northern Army Commander Lt Gen D S Hooda said on Saturday and advocated an "Intelligence Operation" to prevent spreading of its ideology.
The terrorist was neutralised in Gundpora village of Pulwama by security forces after they received a tip-off on presence of ultras there.
The airport in Leh will be vacated by the Air Force which will develop its base at an alternate site in the strategically-located district of J&K.
The army on Friday released the names of its 10 soldiers who were buried in an avalanche on Siachen Glacier of Jammu and Kashmir`s Ladakh region on Wednesday.
Mehbooba indicated today that she could end the alliance with the BJP if the Central government fails to announce “confidence-building measures”.
Three rifles and one Under Barrel Grenade Launcher (UBGL) have been recovered from militants.
Ten soldiers were on duty at an Army post on a glacier in J&K at an altitude of 5,900 metres (19,600 feet) when it was hit by a massive avalanche.
The encounter started this morning after security forces launched a cordon and search operation at Khushi Mohalla in the district, about 35 kms from Srinagar.
The Defence Ministry said on Thursday that the chances of finding any survivors who went missing after an avalanche hit their post in Siachen were very remote.
A fierce encounter is currently underway between the security forces and militants in Hajin area of Jammu and Kashmir's Bandipora district on Thursday.
The recommendations of the Parliamentary Panel headed by member parliament Awais Ahmad Leghari depicts an apologetic policy and it cannot be named more than this that it is an attempt to appease India, Geelani said.
In a significant victory in the fight against terror, the Jammu and Kashmir Police, Wednesday, busted a Jash-e-Mohammad (JeM) terror module operating in the state.
Jammu and Kashmir Tuesday appeared to be headed for a longer spell of political uncertainty with both allies PDP and BJP putting the onus of forming the next government on each other as their leaders met Governor N N Vohra who had stepped in to break the month-long impasse.
Muslims of a village in Kulgam district of south Kashmir performed the last rites of Janki Nath (84), a Kashmiri Pandit, who refused to leave the Valley when all others in his family fled.
After meeting the Governor, PDP chief Mehbooba Mufti said on Tuesday that Centre needs to do more on Jammu and Kashmir.
PDP chief said she needed assurances from BJP on time-bound implementation of the agenda of alliance between the two parties before staking claim to power in J&K.
Just before their meetings with Governor NN Vohra on government formation, BJP leader Nirmal Singh on Tuesday met PDP chief Mehbooba Mufti here and expressed confidence that the coalition will continue and an elected government will be in place "very soon".
Ahead of the meeting with the Jammu and Kashmir Governor NN Vohra to clear its stand on government formation, BJP's core group will hold an important meeting in Jammu winter capital city on Tuesday.
The National Conference on Tuesday accused the Bharatiya Janata Party and People's Democratic Party (PDP) of creating a constitutional crisis in Jammu and Kashmir by not forming a government and said the time has now come for fresh elections to take place in the state.
Srinagar, the summer capital of Jammu and Kashmir, recorded a low of minus 1.7 degrees Celsius, down by nearly two notches from previous night's zero degrees Celsius.
With uncertainty over government formation prevailing for nearly a month, Jammu and Kashmir Governor NN Vohra has stepped in to end it as he asked PDP president Mehbooba Mufti and state BJP chief Sat Pal Sharma to clarify their stand by Tuesday.
Kashmir cannot be separated from India despite efforts by the neighbouring country in this regard, former Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Farooq Abdullah has said.
Congress on Monday accused PDP and BJP of "violating" the mandate of the people by not forming government in Jammu and Kashmir and expressed the hope that better sense would prevail on them.
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- UP: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Renowned Urdu poet Nida Fazli dies at 78
- IAF's latest weapon - 'Go/No-Go' pills!
- Now, Nashik farmers sell fresh grapes online!
- Watch: Paraplegic Deepa Malik talks about her achievements!
- Mumbai: Mobile app to fight ISIS influence among youth across India
- AIIMS hand over Divyansh's post-mortem report to Delhi police
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- Varanasi: Goons attack history-sheeter outside Kashi Vishwanath temple
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part IV
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- West Bengal: Car with Ministry of Defence plate seized in Burdwan, six arrested
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part II
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Katrina Kaif’s views on ‘intolerance’ in the country - Here's what the actress said
- Irfan Pathan marries 21-year-old Safa Baig in low-key affair
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- IBPS clerk V mains exams results to be uploaded on official website soon; notification out
- 'Walking Up With Kolkata' – This video will make you fall in love with the City of Joy
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- Mulayam, Akhilesh scared of me; not allowing Muslim leaders in SP to speak up, alleges Asaduddin Owaisi
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Manish Pandey reveals what teammates said after match-winning knock in 5th ODI at Sydney
- Why Draupadi laughed at Bhishma as he lay wounded on deathbed
- What happened when a leopard entered Bengaluru school: Don't miss the video