NC leader Omar Abdullah on Friday alleged that the PDP-BJP coalition govt in J&K has lost peoples' confidence.
Jammu And Kashmir News
The official said the exchange of fire lasted little over 25 minutes but no casualty has been reported so far.
It is not clear what prompted the National Conference leader to make such remarks.
The BSF IG was replying to a question whether the terror infrastructure across the border has increased.
IG BSF Jammu Frontier, Rakesh Sharma said that there has been a huge cross-border firing in last year.
The activists, who gathered at RS Pura near the IB, accused the Modi-led government of not doing much to address the problems of the border residents.
Amid debate over alleged intolerance in India, the story of Kashmiri Pandits, who were forced to flee their homes in early 1990s, will give you a jolt.
In a relief for stranded passengers, air traffic to and from Srinagar International Airport resumed Thursday after remaining suspended for the last three days due to foggy conditions.
The official said the visibility in the morning was just 300-400 metres.
Hardline Hurriyat Conference on Wednesday appointed Syed Ali Shah Geelani as its lifetime chairman while restructuring the separatist amalgam to accommodate leaders who defected recently from the rival faction headed by Mirwaiz Umar Farooq.
Air traffic to and from Srinagar international airport was hit for the third day running today due to foggy weather.
This 'Sumita Vijayan' is one whose photo had been mistakenly used by media outlets for the pilot of the same name who died in the helicopter crash.
A Pakistani flag was hoisted on the ancestral house of J&K CM Mufti Mohammad Sayeed in Bijbehara area to protest the killing of three Hizbul Mujahideen militants on Monday.
A group of heavily-armed Pakistan-backed terrorists attacked an army post at Tangdhar near Line of Control LoC in the wee hours of Wednesday.
The Vaishsnodevi shrine is located at a height of 5,300 feet on the Trikuta Hills. Katra town is 50 Kms away from Jammu.
The Chief Minister issued the instructions during a meeting convened to review the implementation of decision taken at District Development Board (DDB) meetings.
The strike also affected inter-district transport service in Kashmir. However, traffic on the Srinagar-Jammu national highway was unaffected.
Fog covered Srinagar on Tuesday morning, with visibility dropping to just a few feet.
BJP state president and MP Jugal Kishore Sharma expelled Hari Om for "gross indiscipline, anti-party activities and un-repentance for his misconduct."
Four unidentified militants were killed on Monday in two separate encounters with security forces in Kupwara and Anantnag districts of Kashmir, officials said here.
A soldier was killed on Monday as security forces foiled an infiltration bid along the Line of Control (LoC) in Rajouri district of Jammu region, a senior police official said.
In an unfortunate incident, a helicopter ferrying pilgrims from the Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine to Katra crashed on Monday, killing all seven people aboard.
Opposition National Conference leader Omar Abdullah on Monday said he would not be surprised if PDP ended its alliance with BJP and formed a government in coalition with Congress and independent MLAs in Jammu and Kashmir but Mufti Mohammad Sayeed's party ruled it out.
An unidentified militant was on Monday killed in a gunbattle with security forces during an ongoing operation in Kupwara district of north Kashmir.
A suspected overground worker (OGW) of Lashker-e-Toiba militant outfit was arrested in Pulwama district, police said on Monday.
A cold and foggy Monday morning was recorded in Srinagar as the minimum temperature dipped below freezing point at many places in Jammu and Kashmir.
The officer was taken to hospital for specialised treatment, and the operation against the militants has been intensified
Security forces on Sunday busted a guerrilla hideout in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir, police said.
The truck was set ablaze by a mob near the Ban Toll Plaza in Nagrota area which falls on the outskirts of Jammu.
The family of the al Qaeda operative in South Kashmir's Anathnag district claimed that their son was killed in a US drone strike.
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks: Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Exclusive: Heart-rending conditions of Kashmiri Pandits in J&K
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- Ambedkar never thought about leaving India despite criticism: Rajnath's jibe at Aamir
- Panel discussion on India-Pakistan cricket series
- GST deadlock: PM Modi invites Sonia Gandhi, Manmohan Singh for tea
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Simon Harmer overshadows Imran Tahir on Day 1 in 3rd Test
- Watch: How NASA astronauts are celebrating Thanksgiving in space!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- Shah Rukh Khan strikes a pose with ‘bestest’ friend Divya – See pic
- Online intolerance: Kerala journo faces threats for writing about madrasa child abuse
- New poster: 'Har Har Mahadev', says Ranveer in 'Bajirao Mastani'!
- After brilliant century, Arjun Tendulkar claims four-wicket haul in U-16 match
- Wear burqa in Switzerland and face a $9,835 fine
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Here’s how you can make sex steamy, longer!