Congress leader Ghulam Nabi Azad on Friday said the survival of the PDP-BJP coalition government in Jammu and Kashmir is "very difficult".
Jammu And Kashmir News
VHP on Friday demanded elaborate security arrangements for the Amarnath Yatra, starting from July 2, citing recent terror attacks in the Kashmir Valley.
Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh said on Friday that all issues, including that of the Ram Mandir and Article 370 of the Constitution, were important to the central government.
Jammu and Kashmir Governor NN Vohra would undertake an aerial inspection of the twin tracks leading to the 3,880 metre high holy cave shrine of Amarnath on June 1, an official spokesperson said on Friday.
Three women who were allegedly abducted from different areas of Jammu and Kashmir have been rescued and two kidnappers arrested in Poonch district, police said on Friday.
The survival of the PDP-BJP coalition government in Jammu and Kashmir is "very difficult" since it is not based on principles and there is no "meeting point", senior Congress leader Ghulam Nabi Azad said here on Friday.
Asserting that the issue of return and rehabilitation of Kashmiri Pandits to the Valley has become just a "phrase" used by political parties to befool the people, an organisation representing the community on Friday said they have lost faith in the Narendra Modi government.
In yet another such instance, Pakistani flags on Friday appeared at a rally organised by separatist leader Shabir Shah in south Kashmir, prompting police to take him and his two close aides into custody.
Pakistani flags were once again raised in Jammu and Kashmir on Friday.
Security forces overnight busted a guerrilla hideout in Jammu region's Reasi district and recovered arms and ammunition, an official said here on Friday.
A group of unidentified terrorists on Friday opened fire at police personnel deployed outside a bank in Shopian district of Jammu and Kashmir, critically injuring one person.
An Army jawan was injured in a landmine blast near the Line of Control (LoC) in Akhnoor belt of Jammu district.
Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh Thursday said pro-Pakistan activities would be not be tolerated in Jammu and Kashmir even as he noted that the ruling PDP-BJP alliance in the state was doing well in the desired direction.
In a first, Reserve Bank of India Governor Raghuram Rajan on Thursday paid a visit to this south Kashmir town and assured people affected by last year's massive floods all help in reviving their livelihood.
An Indian soldier was critically injured in a landmine blast near the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir`s Jammu district on Thursday, police said.
Hardline Hurriyat Conference, led by Syed Ali Shah Geelani, on Thursday claimed that the Jammu and Kashmir government had earmarked land for rehabilitating migrant Kashmiri Pandits in the Valley and said it would oppose any such attempt to create "Israel-type settlements".
Devotees in large numbers paid obeisance at the shrine of Sufi saint Naugaza Peer at a village in Jammu district on Thursday, coinciding with the saint's annual Urs.
A spate of attacks against telecom employees and those who have rented out space for installation of mobile towers in their fields has thrown the communication system in north Kashmir's Baramulla into disarray.
The security forces on Thursday busted a militant hideout and recovered arms and ammunition from the higher reaches of Reasi district of Jammu and Kashmir, a defence spokesman said.
Moderate Hurriyat Conference led by Mirwaiz Umer Farooq on Thursday welcomed the Tripura government's decision to withdraw Armed Forces Special Powers Act from the state, and said it should serve as an "eye opener" for the Jammu and Kashmir government too.
BJP's Kashmir Displaced Unit has urged the Union government to "return and rehabilitate" Kashmiri Pandit community at "one place" in the Valley and demanded "political empowerment" for them.
Guerrillas in Kashmir have carried out three deadly attacks over three days against mobile phone operations after their communication equipment fitted on a mobile tower was seized -- leaving them with poor connectivity.
International rights watchdog Amnesty International on Thursday said the Jammu and Kashmir government must prohibit the use of pellet firing shotguns during policing of demonstrations.
Hundreds of temporary state government employees held a rally for their regularisation in summer capital Srinagar on Thursday and also tried to storm the civil secretariat prompting police to use batons and water cannons to disperse them.
J&K Independent MLA Sheikh Abdul Rashid on Thursday said that talks between the Centre and separatists in the state would not yield results if there were any preconditions attached to the dialogue process.
Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front (JKLF) chief Muhammad Yasin Malik on Wednesday appealed United Jihad Council (UJC) Chief Syed Sallahuddin to investigate the Sopore killings.
The PDP-BJP government in Jammu and Kashmir is working to ensure that pro-Pakistan elements in the state are marginalised, BJP General Secretary Ram Madhav said today even as he maintained that the party "will leave the government" there if it cannot protect India's interests.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday called for legal action against NGOs allegedly involved in duping Kashmiri students enrolled in various colleges under the PM's Special Scholarship Scheme.
One person, who has mobile transmission towers installed inside his residential compound, was critically injured after suspected militants fired on him in north Kashmir's Baramulla district on Wednesday, police said.
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- DNA: Govt claims no power shortage, but India looms in darkness
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 28, 2015
- DNA: Pentagon report says Beijing accelerates land reclamation in South China Sea
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- CBSE Board Results 2015: Class 10 Results to be declared on May 28 on cbse.nic.in
- Heatwave toll in Andhra Pradesh reaches 1,490
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!