The Indian army has handed back a boy from Pakistani Kashmir who had inadvertently crossed the Line of Control (LoC), a defence official said on Sunday.
Jammu And Kashmir News
Pakistan has once again violated ceasefire in Arnia district of Jammu and Kashmir's RS Pura sector, reports claimed on Sunday.
Jammu and Kashmir Police has cracked a whip on the traffic violations by two wheeler riders and even asked fuel stations to deny petrol to bikers not wearing crash helmets.
Jammu and Kashmir Deputy Chief Minister Dr Nirmal Singh on Sunday said the government has ensured transparency and a corruption-free administration at all levels.
Nine candidates, including three women, from Jammu and Kashmir have qualified the prestigious UPSC Civil Service examination, the results of which were declared yesterday.
The changed face of militancy in the Kashmir Valley has led the Army to "completely review" its anti-infiltration and counter-insurgency strategies to tackle among other things the growing trend of youths, even educated ones, gravitating towards terror outfits.
The fifth batch comprising of 2,069 pilgrims today left from the base camp here to the cave shrine of Amarnath in South Kashmir Himalayas amid tight security.
The security forces conducted searches near the Line of Control (LoC) in Uri Sector of north Kashmir as the operation between the Army and the militants entered the third day on Sunday with no reports of fresh casualty on either side.
Another batch of over 2,200 Amarnath pilgrims left from here on Sunday for the Himalayan cave shrine in the Kashmir Valley.
The rail-link from Banihal to Katra, connecting Kashmir Valley with the rest of the country, would be completed by 2020, railway officials said here on Saturday.
A BJP MLA in Jammu and Kashmir on Saturday demanded that the Centre adopt a "proactive policy" and allow the army to carry out a Myanmar-type operation against the terrorist training camps across the LoC.
In a shocking incident, a woman was allegedly stripped naked by a gang of five persons, including an Army jawan, in Udhampur district of Jammu and Kashmir and the video of the incident uploaded on the internet, police said on Saturday.
Holding a protest rally here, activists of Jammu and Kashmir National Panthers Party (JKNPP) on Saturday accused the BJP-PDP coalition in the state of discriminating with the people of Jammu.
Another batch of around 2,000 pilgrims for the Amarnath Yatra left from here on Saturday for the Himalayan cave shrine in the Kashmir Valley.
The holy Amarnath Yatra is on the target of militants, a top Army officer confirmed on Saturday.
At least five guerrillas were killed when they tried to sneak into the Indian side of the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir, an official said on Saturday. A soldier too was killed in the gunbattle.
Opposition National Conference on Friday sought paradigm shift in developmental process and emphasised the need for devising separate plans for rural and urban pockets of the Jammu districts.
Police on Friday moved a local court seeking directions for blocking the pages on 'Facebook' which carried pictures of 11 young Kashmiri militants donning army fatigues and holding firearms.
Army on Friday foiled an infiltration bid in Uri sector of Kashmir, killing one militant, but one jawan also died in the operation.
Hailing Amensty International's recommendation for removal of controversial Armed Forces Special Powers Act (AFSPA) from Jammu and Kashmir, ruling PDP on Friday said it has vindicated the party's stand on the issue.
Clashed erupted in Jammu and Kashmir`s Anantnag town on Friday as police detained separatist leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani while heading to lead a rally.
After successfully completing 26 weeks of basic training, 515 recruits of Railway Protection Special Force (RPSF) passed out of the BSF training centre in Jammu and Kashmir's Udhampur district on Friday.
Terror outfit Islamic State (IS) is trying to gain a foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir, a senior Army official said on Friday.
J&K Police Friday foiled separatist leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani's plan to address a public gathering in Anantnag district of south Kashmir by detaining him near his residence here.
An encounter broke out between the Army and militants on Friday near the Line of Control in Uri sector of north Kashmir, with a militant believed to have been killed in the operation, an Army official said.
UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon has declined comment over an Amnesty International report that blames India of not taking action against troops accused of atrocities in Jammu and Kashmir state.
In an audacious move, 11 young Kashmiri terrorists donning army fatigues and holding firearms, posted their photographs on Facebook, forcing the security forces to sit up and take notice.
Second batch of annual Amarnath Yatra pilgrims on Friday left Jammu city for the Himalayan cave shrine in South Kashmir's Anantnag district.
The Supreme Court has set aside the acquittal of a Pakistan national, a Hizbul Mujahideen operative who was involved in the serial blasts at Maulana Azad Memorial Stadium in Jammu during Republic Day function in 1995 that had claimed eight lives.
Opposition National Conference (NC) on Thursday attacked the state government over changes in the new recruitment policy in Jammu and Kashmir terming it as "cruel-joke" and said the party will consider challenging it "legally".
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Aapke Sitare, July 4: Astro prediction for Leo, Virgo, Libra and Scorpio
- Top 10 news @7am
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Vijender Singh
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Jharkhand: Girl commits suicide after parents refuse to build toilet in home
- Is Dawood Ibrahim threatening India?
- Is Dawood Ibrahim threatening India? Part 2
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani
- Kareena Kapoor already thinks 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' biggest hit: Salman Khan
- Log on to upsc.gov.in to check UPSC Civil Services Examination 2014 Results
- Right to die: Belgian doctors grant euthanasia to 24-year-old depressed woman
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Is `paleo-vegan hybrid` diet the answer to all our dietary issues?
- UPSC Results 2014: Meet top three toppers
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown