Opposition National Conference on Friday sought paradigm shift in developmental process and emphasised the need for devising separate plans for rural and urban pockets of the Jammu districts.
Jammu And Kashmir News
Police on Friday moved a local court seeking directions for blocking the pages on 'Facebook' which carried pictures of 11 young Kashmiri militants donning army fatigues and holding firearms.
Army on Friday foiled an infiltration bid in Uri sector of Kashmir, killing one militant, but one jawan also died in the operation.
Hailing Amensty International's recommendation for removal of controversial Armed Forces Special Powers Act (AFSPA) from Jammu and Kashmir, ruling PDP on Friday said it has vindicated the party's stand on the issue.
Clashed erupted in Jammu and Kashmir`s Anantnag town on Friday as police detained separatist leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani while heading to lead a rally.
After successfully completing 26 weeks of basic training, 515 recruits of Railway Protection Special Force (RPSF) passed out of the BSF training centre in Jammu and Kashmir's Udhampur district on Friday.
Terror outfit Islamic State (IS) is trying to gain a foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir, a senior Army official said on Friday.
J&K Police Friday foiled separatist leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani's plan to address a public gathering in Anantnag district of south Kashmir by detaining him near his residence here.
An encounter broke out between the Army and militants on Friday near the Line of Control in Uri sector of north Kashmir, with a militant believed to have been killed in the operation, an Army official said.
UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon has declined comment over an Amnesty International report that blames India of not taking action against troops accused of atrocities in Jammu and Kashmir state.
In an audacious move, 11 young Kashmiri terrorists donning army fatigues and holding firearms, posted their photographs on Facebook, forcing the security forces to sit up and take notice.
Second batch of annual Amarnath Yatra pilgrims on Friday left Jammu city for the Himalayan cave shrine in South Kashmir's Anantnag district.
The Supreme Court has set aside the acquittal of a Pakistan national, a Hizbul Mujahideen operative who was involved in the serial blasts at Maulana Azad Memorial Stadium in Jammu during Republic Day function in 1995 that had claimed eight lives.
Opposition National Conference (NC) on Thursday attacked the state government over changes in the new recruitment policy in Jammu and Kashmir terming it as "cruel-joke" and said the party will consider challenging it "legally".
CPI(M) on Thursday opposed to the "trifurcation" of Jammu and Kashmir on religious and regional lines but advocated "greater autonomy" for the state and "regional autonomy" to its all three regions.
Opposition National Conference (NC) on Thursday termed the statement of Union Home Minister on the revocation of AFSPA in Jammu and Kashmir as "unfortunate and counter-productive", saying such remarks also exposed ruling PDP's "complete and total sell-out" to the BJP for the sole aim of coming to power in the state.
The Coordination Committee spearheading the agitation in support of setting up of an AIIMS here on Thursday warned of a "revolt" against the administration if did not take a decision on the issue by July 20.
Jammu and Kashmir Deputy Chief Minister Nirmal Singh has filed a complaint against Air India for the 'erratic air services' faced by the people of Ladakh.
A moderate intensity earthquake measuring 5.1 on the Richter scale on Thursday struck Kashmir Valley, but there were no reports of any damage due to the tremor.
Jammu and Kashmir Governor NN Vohra on Thursday visited the Amarnath shrine here.
Attacking the BJP-PDP coalition government for its "malgovernance", Jammu and Kashmir National Panthers Party (JKNPP) on Thursday said it will take out a protest rally on July 4 here.
Asserting that Prime Minister Narendra Modi was concerned about Jammu and Kashmir, Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh today assured "maximum possible assistance" to the victims of the last year's devastating floods.
BJP MLC Surinder Ambardar has urged Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh to set up proper mechanism for perennial monitoring and accountability to increase the efficiency of coalition government in Jammu and Kashmir.
A village head was shot dead by unknown gunmen at the Wagum village in Jammu and Kashmir's Pulwama district, last evening.
PDP on Wednesday hit out at Union Minister Jitendra Singh, who is leader of its alliance partner BJP, for disfavouring withdrawal of controversial AFSPA in Jammu and Kashmir and termed his statement as "obnoxious and having unacceptable and unpardonable undertones"
Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh arrived here on Wednesday on a two-day visit to Jammu and Kashmir.
Chief Minister Mufti Mohammad Sayeed on Wednesday said the officers of Jammu and Kashmir government will be solely judged on their integrity and performance in improving the public delivery mechanism in the state.
Members of a students' body backed by the opposition National Conference and Congress on Wednesday staged a protest here against the alleged "discrimination" in Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) degree courses in Jammu and Kashmir.
After Army, it was turn of Union Home Ministry which announced financial assistance to a Kashmiri youth who cracked this year's joint entrance examination of the prestigious IIT.
Facing "resistance" over its new recruitment policy, Jammu and Kashmir government on Wednesday decided to notify rules for its implementation instead of taking the "ordinance" path.
- DNA: This genius farmer in Raipur builds drone using garbage dump!
- DNA analyses PM Modi's Digital India programme
- Hema Malini injured in Dausa car crash
- 1,400 teachers with fake degrees resign in Bihar
- Court clerk clears Rajasthan Judicial Service, becomes judge!
- Nationwide mobile number portability from today!
- Now, another AAP MLA in fake degree row
- Telecom scam: Will cooperate with CBI, says Dayanidhi Maran
- Aapke Sitare, July 3: Astro prediction for Aries, Taurus, Gemini and Cancer
- Kareena, Arjun Kapoor to start shooting for Balki's film by July end
- Aapke Sitare, July 2: Astro prediction for Aries, Taurus, Gemini and Cancer
- Teaser of Bhandarkar's much awaited 'Calendar Girls' unveiled!
- Telangana CM gets Rs 5 crore bullet-proof luxury bus
- Watch: Top 10 Headlines @10 am
- Aapke Sitare, July 3: Astro prediction for Leo, Virgo, Libra and Scorpio
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by 'VIPs' Rijiju, Fadnavis
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss
- ‘ABCD 2’ dancer Nilesh Nirbhavane arrested for gang-raping mentally challenged girl
- MK Stalin denies slapping man onboard Chennai Metro, Jayalalithaa condemns incident
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by Fadnavis, Rijiju; Aviation Minister apologises
- Opposition slams AAP govt for setting aside Rs 526 cr for advertisements
- Washington Navy Yard lockdown: As it happened
- Former FIFA vice president Jack Warner tells US to prepare for long, hot summer
- Asafa Powell fills Usain Bolt`s shoes and targets personal best