A man was today shot at by a group of assailants inside the premises of the Jammu and Kashmir High Court complex here, following which an SHO was transferred and the in-charge of the police post in the area suspended on the charges of dereliction of duty. Six persons have been arrested in connection with incident which is said to be due to rivalry between two gangs.
Jammu And Kashmir News
The BJP, a partner in the ruling coalition government in Jammu and Kashmir, on Tuesday accused the former Chief Minister Omar Abdullah of "demeaning" the Speaker's office.
Amid outcry over lynching of a man in Dadri over rumours of consuming beef, former Union Minister Farooq Abdullah on Tuesday regretted that secularism has been "killed" in the country, as he appealed to the Centre to respect all religions in order to save the nation.
Opposition National Conference (NC) and Congress legislators on Tuesday disrupted the proceedings of the state legislative assembly in summer capital Srinagar.
At least four soldiers and one militant was killed on Monday as two separate gun battles raged in Jammu and Kashmir's Kupwara district.
Jammu and Kashmir government on Monday welcomed the Supreme Court decision to suspend the order of state High Court on beef ban for two months.
The Jammu and Kashmir government on Monday informed the assembly that 69 people including 35 security personnel were killed and 199 injured in militancy- related incidents and Pakistani firing in the state this year.
Facing the opposition charge of being "RSS man", Jammu and Kashmir Assembly Speaker Kavinder Gupta on Monday said he is proud to be RSS member but when inside the House, he is just the Speaker.
Former J&K Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Monday accused the Speaker of state legislative assembly of being "biased" and "throttling the voice of the opposition", adding that the beef ban issue be handled by the legislature instead of judiciary.
The Supreme Court on Monday suspended the state High Court's order enforcing ban on sale of beef in Jammu and Kashmir for two months.
Justifying the protest over the issue of beef ban and rehabilitation of flood victims by the Congress and National Conference in the Jammu and Kashmir Assembly, former chief minister Omar Abdullah on Monday said it is 'biased' Speaker Kavinder Gupta, who is not allowing the House to function.
National Conference (NC) and Congress members protested against alleged "politics over flood relief".
Four jawans and a militant were killed in two separate encounters between security forces and terrorists in Kupwara district in Kashmir Valley on Monday.
The picturesque town of Bhaderwah in Doda district of Jammu and Kashmir on Sunday witnessed the season's first snowfall.
Two militants of Pakistan-based JeM outfit were on Sunday killed in an encounter
An independent legislator on Saturday continuously disrupted the first day of Jammu and Kashmir assembly's autumn session as he accused the PDP-BJP government of carrying forward the agenda of the RSS.
Two Army officers were today killed when the vehicle they were travelling in hit a stationary truck on Jammu-Pathankot National Highway in Samba district of Jammu and Kashmir.
Separatist groups in Kashmir on Thursday welcomed Nawaz Sharif's address at the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) where he raised the Kashmir issue, saying the Pakistani Prime Minister adopted a "realistic stand".
The Army on Thursday said it would vacate the Tattoo Ground here in three months if alternate land is given at a mutually acceptable place within this period.
Activists of the hardline women's separatist outfit Dukhtaran-e-Millat (DeM) on Thursday protested the re-arrest of its chairperson Asiya Andrabi by police on charges of indulging in unlawful activities.
A woman was crushed to death after she was allegedly hit by a train in Samba district of Jammu and Kashmir, police said here today.
The Supreme Court on Wednesday sentenced Pakistani national Ghulam Nabi Guide to life in prison for engineering three bomb blasts on January 26, 1995, at Maulana Azad Memorial Stadium in Jammu. The blasts killed eight people and left 18 others seriously injured.
Jammu and Kashmir Health Minister Chaudhary Lal Singh has landed himself in another controversy allegedly by abusing opposition National Conference (NC) leaders for submitting a Bill in the legislature seeking revocation of beef ban.
Accusing the opposition National Conference of being a "visionless" party, the BJP on Wednesday said that the BJP-PDP coalition government is doing a wonderful job in Jammu and Kashmir.
Videos of Pakistan government's brutality on people living in the Pakistan-occupied-Kashmir (PoK) are an eye-opener for everybody across the world, the Narendra Modi government said on Wednesday.
The Supreme Court Wednesday agreed to hear on Monday a plea by Jammu and Kashmir government against two "conflicting" orders of the High Court pertaining to the slaughter of bovine animals and enforcement of a bar on beef sale in the state, claiming these were being "misused" to disturb peace.
Army Tuesday agreed to vacate some land near the airport and the University in Jammu while several joint committees have been formed to address other issues regarding transfer of land held by Army to the civil administration at various places in the state.
The resident of Pakistan Occupied Kashmir (PoK), who was detained in the frontier district of Poonch, was uesday deported through Chakan-Da-Bagh crossing point on the Line of Control (LoC).
The resident of Pakistan occupied Kashmir (PoK), who was detained in the frontier district of Poonch, was on Tuesday deported through Chakan-Da-Bagh crossing point on the Line of Control (LoC).
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Exclusive interview with BJP chief Amit Shah
- Somnath Bharti's bail plea rejected after wife refuses mediation in SC
- Uttarakhand: BJP MLA Prem Singh Rana insulted during CM Harish Rawat's speech
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Panel discussion on Azam Khan politicizing Dadri lynching case
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- DNA: Odisha gets its first 100% solar-powered village
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Why Salman Khan’s films are blockbusters
- J&K encounter: Four Army jawans killed, gunbattle on
- Dadri is second Babri, will raise issue in UN: Azam Khan
- Sundar Raman, tainted IPL franchises face uncertain future
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan creates magic as Prem, PRDP trailer gets 10 million views!
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Check out: Amitabh Bachchan shares cute pictures of granddaughter Aaradhya
- VIDEO: See why MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli, Ravi Shastri are cheering for South Africa!