Police today detained Independent MLA from north Kashmir's Langate constituency, Sheikh Abdul Rashid, after he took out a rally here to protest the hanging of 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon and against the prevalence of capital punishment.
Jammu And Kashmir News
An Army jawan and a Village Defence Committee (VDC) member were arrested for firing shots, triggering panic and terror among the people in Rajouri district of Jammu and Kashmir.
A wanted Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) militant, involved in a bomb blast targeting a police vehicle in Jammu and Kashmir`s Sopore town last month, was arrested on Wednesday, the army said.
Amid protests by political parties, the chain hunger strike of the AIIMS coordination committee (ACC) demanding setting up an of AIIMS here entered its ninth consecutive day on Wednesday.
In a significant catch, security forces today claimed to have arrested a Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) militant who is the main accused in a bomb blast of last month when a police vehicle was targeted, killing an undertrial militant from Pakistan-occupied Kashmir (PoK) and a cop.
A 23-year-old US woman has alleged molestation by a co-passenger on a state bus on Jammu-Srinagar National Highway here, police said on Wednesday.
Pakistan on Wednesday violated the ceasefire along the Line of Control (LoC) in Machil sector of Jammu and Kashmir by targeting Indian positions.
Four troopers and four civilians were injured in a grenade explosion on Wednesday in Jammu and Kashmir's Anantnag district, police said.
Amid tight security arrangements, a batch of 449 pilgrims on Wednesday left for the cave shrine of Amarnath in the south Kashmir Himalayas.
Government has proposed to amend a 7-year old Act to enable the Centre to collect statistical data in Jammu and Kashmir for removing a "legislative vacuum" with regard to data collection in the state.
Accusing the BJP of betraying the people of Jammu region, the JNPP today held a protest in Jammu and burned the effigy of Deputy Chief minister Dr Nirmal Singh and the Forest minister Bali Bhagat.
Security forces have busted a militant hideout in the forest area in North Kashmir's Kupwara district and recovered a cache of arms and ammunition, police said on Tuesday.
The chain hunger strike resumed by the AIIMS coordination committee (ACC) demanding setting up of an AIIMS here entered its eighth consecutive day on Tuesday with a fresh batch of protesters taking their turn.
The Jammu and Kashmir government has declared a seven-day state mourning while the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) will not observe its foundation day on Tuesday as a mark of respect to former president APJ Abdul Kalam, who passed away last evening.
One of Kashmir's oldest handicraft legends and legacy, the pashmina, is threatened by its imitations as the high-priced handmade fabric is increasingly being eased out from markets by its cheap, machine-made namesake.
Security has been beefed up in Jammu, Samba and Kathua districts in Jammu and Kashmir following the terror attack in neighbouring Punjab, police said on Tuesday.
As many as 19 structures, including 5 houses, were damaged and 11 mud houses partially damaged in the cloudburst which hit mountainous Mendhar belt of Poonch district.
Amid tight security arrangements, the smallest batch till date of 337 pilgrims left for the cave shrine of Amarnath in the south Kashmir Himalayas on Tuesday.
Former Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Monday said his National Conference would never allow anyone to divide the state for petty political interests and would continue to safeguard the special status guaranteed under Article 370.
Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Mufti Mohammad Sayeed on Monday expressed shock and grief over the terror attack in Punjab's Gurdaspur, in which seven persons, including an SP, were killed while all the terrorists were gunned down after a day-long operation.
A shutdown was on Monday observed in Lal Chowk and adjoining areas of the city as shopkeepers downed shutters protesting the 'suspicious' death of a youth, whose body was fished out from Jhelum river yesterday.
The Jammu and Kashmir police today rushed bullet proof vehicles to Punjab for its use following the terror attack in Gurdaspur district.
Another batch of 627 pilgrims today left for the cave shrine of Amarnath in the south Kashmir Himalayas amidst tight security.
Amid the growing clamour for setting up of AIIMS here, senior PDP leader Naeem Akhtar on Sunday ensured the protesters that the PDP-BJP government in the state fully endorse their demands.
Security forces on Sunday busted a militant hideout in Sinthan area of Kishtwar district of Jammu and Kashmir and recovered huge quantity of arms and ammunition.
The Amarnath yatra, which has been suspended from the Baltal route following the cloudburst, is expected to resume from tomorrow.
With situation returning to normal in Rajouri town of Jammu and Kashmir, curfew was on Sunday lifted after remaining in force for six days following clashes over alleged burning of terror outfit IS's flag by VHP activists, which minority groups claimed bore religious scripture.
The Jammu and Kashmir National Panthers Party (JKNPP) on Sunday demanded the resignation of Deputy Chief Minister Nirmal Singh and Forest minister Bali Bhagat for having "failed" to fulfill their written commitment that an AIIMS will be announced for Jammu by the Centre on or before July 20.
Protests broke out on Sunday in Maisuma locality of the city, forcing the law enforcing agencies to fire tear smoke shells to disperse the stone-pelting crowd, police said.
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- VVIPs, people pay last respects to Dr Kalam at his Delhi residence
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- DNA: How prepared is our police force to face terror attacks in future?
- The life and times of Dr APJ Abdul Kalam!
- Special: Zee News pays tribute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Three-storey building collapses in Thane, six dead
- SC rejects Yakub Memon's plea against death warrant
- Special: 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's case history
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday
- The 'funny guy' in APJ Abdul Kalam's life
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Anushka Sharma faces Twitter backlash for posting APJ Abdul Kalam's name wrongly
- LIVE: Yakub Memon's body reaches Mumbai home; police bans media from taking photographs
- Punjab terror attack: Is there a 'China' angle?
- Gurdaspur terror attack: 14-second CCTV video footage of three terrorists recovered
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report
- APJ Abdul Kalam was just an ordinary scientist: Pakistan's AQ Khan
- APJ Abdul Kalam's last rites to be held in Rameswaram on July 30