Jammu and Kashmir Health minister Choudhary Lal Singh on Saturday met those injured in Pakistani firing and undergoing treatment at the Government Medical College and Hospital here and assured all possible help from the government.
Jammu And Kashmir News
A hunt by police to nab those displaying controversial flags on Saturday sparked protests and clashes between mobs and security personnel in some parts of old Srinagar, leaving one youth injured in firing.
At least 18 army jawans were injured in an explosion at an army camp on Saturday in south Kashmir's Pulwama district.
A youth was injured when CRPF personnel allegedly opened fire to chase away stone-pelting protesters in downtown Srinagar on Saturday.
Three persons have been arrested for allegedly kidnapping and raping a girl of Poonch district, police said here on Saturday.
Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail Bora had emailed his sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter to her employer Mumbai Metro One Private Limited (MMOPL), a report said on Saturday.
Fourteen soldiers were injured on Saturday in an explosion inside an army training camp in south Kashmir's Pulwama district, authorities said.
Sleuths of the Jammu and Kashmir Excise Department on Friday foiled a bid to smuggle rare and highly-valuable banned forest products after a huge quantity of them were seized at the Lakhanpur toll post in Kathua district.
A day after the Indian Army and J&K Police, in a joint operation, captured Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed after killing his four associates in a two-day operation in Kashmir, details have started to tumble out.
Pakistani troops violated ceasefire by resorting to heavy mortar shelling along International Border in RS Pura and Arnia sectors of Jammu and Kashmir on Friday, killing 3 civilian and injuring 16 others.
Accusing the Modi government of "scuttling" their 'one-time settlement' funds, PoK refugees met with Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi, urging him to put pressure on the Centre to release the Rs 25 lakhs per PoK family grant.
Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi has said he would raise the problems of Kashmiri Pandit migrants in Parliament, according to a delegation that met him here.
Jammu and Kashmir Police on Thursday provided relief of Rs four lakh to the family of an ice-cream vendor who was killed in a grenade attack by militants in Anantnag early this year.
In a major development, Indian security forces captured alive another Pakistani terrorist in Jammu and Kashmir on Thursday.
The two anti-militancy operations in north Kashmir entered the second day on Thursday but no fresh casualties have been reported so far, Army said.
Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi cornered Prime Minister Narendra Modi-led Central Government over the farmer`s issue and alleged that the latter was concerned only about a few `businessmen`.
Describing growing unemployment as a matter of "grave concern", PDP president Mehbooba Mufti on Wednesday sought "ample resources" from the Centre for post-flood economic reconstruction and to supplement the peace efforts in Jammu and Kashmir.
Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi on Wednesday said that strengthening of panchayats in Jammu and Kashmir was necessary to bring peace to the state.
A new video of Hizbul Mujahideen militant Burhan Muzzafar Wani has surfaced here, weeks after the one that showed him training in battle fatigues.
Two live mortar shells were on Wednesday found lying in a stream in Budgam district of central Kashmir, police said.
Accusing Prime Minister Narendra Modi-led central government of being "pro-corporate", Jammu and Kashmir chapter of Centre of Indian Trade Union (CITU) on Wednesday asked working class to join the one-day nation-wide strike next month to protest against government's unilateral labour reforms.
LeT terrorist Mohammed Naved Yakub, a resident of Pakistan, made a confessional statement before a magistrate here on Wednesday regarding the role of the terror outfit in carrying out strikes like the Udhampur attack in Jammu and Kashmir.
The Army on Wednesday foiled an attempt by militants who tried to sneak into India from Pakistan in Jammu and Kashmir, police said.
An unidentified militant was killed in an encounter with security forces near the Line of Control in Uri area of North Kashmir's Baramulla district on Wednesday.
Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi on Wednesday alleged there was "over centralisation of power" in the central government blocking the functioning of the entire system and accused Prime Minister Narendra Modi of not fulfilling promises.
Democratic Freedom Party (DFP) president Shabir Ahmad Shah on Tuesday "blamed the Centre for the failure" of the NSA talks with Pakistan, saying "the world is disappointed on the stand taken by India".
Moderate Hurriyat Conference on Tuesday accused the Centre of "evading" the NSA-level talks with Pakistan by refusing to discuss Kashmir, an issue it described as the main reason for the "huge trust deficit" between the two countries.
Lieutenant General Narinder Pal Singh Hira on Tuesday took over as the Chief of Staff of Headquarter Northern Command.
Jammu and Kashmir Chief Secretary Mohammad Iqbal Khanday has sought voluntary retirement from service, a move which comes against the backdrop of his differences with the government over recent transfers of bureaucrats.
A senior Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) leader on Wednesday met Jammu and Kashmir Governor NN Vohra here and discussed the situation at the Line of Control with him.
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- IPS officer stopped investigation of Sheena Bora murder in 2012
- Government releases list of 98 SmartCity; 13 cities of UP featured
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Watch: Morning Superfast @ 7am
- Peter Mukerjea knew Sheena was Indrani's daughter: Report
- Sheena murder case: Indrani, Sanjeev, driver interrogated together
- India is the only external threat, says Pakistan military
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- DNA: Is Sanskrit language losing its importance in India?
- Delhi sees sharp rise in number of deaths: Govt report
- Pakistan violates ceasefire again in J&K's RS Pura and Arniya sector
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- NASA completes series of engine tests for next big rocket
- Sheena Bora and Mikhail had different fathers?
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Rain plays spoilsport, India at 50/2 on Day 1 of 3rd Test against Sri Lanka
- Phantom movie review: Watch it for Saif Ali Khan!
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- The last SMS sent by Sheena Bora to Rahul Mukerjea
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Pakistan resorts to heavy shelling in Jammu; 3 civilians killed, 16 injured
- Seven natural ways to keep those extra kilos at bay!