Singh said the situation going out of hand was an accident and if the government had known it precautions would have been taken to contain it.
Jammu And Kashmir News
Fresh clashes broke out between protesters and security forces on Saturday in several parts of Kashmir as authorities lifted curfew in the Valley, except parts of Srinagar city and towns of Anatnag and Pampore.
NIA had sought Ali's custody for 14 days to unearth the larger conspiracy of LeT.
Army on Saturday foiled an infiltration bid along the Line of Control in Naugam sector of Kashmir's Kupwara district, killing two militants in the operation that also left two soldiers dead.
In an unfortunate incident, two soldiers were martyred and one injured, while they were engaged in a gunfight with the terrorists in Jammu and Kashmir's Kupwara district.
Separatists have asked people to observe a protest shutdown till Sunday.
Unidentified gunmen killed a civilian in Sopore town of Kashmir region, police said on Saturday.
Suspected militants tonight shot dead a person in Sopore township of north Kashmir's Baramulla district, police said.
At least 20 people were injured in the clashes, which erupted after Friday prayers between the protestors and security forces across the Kashmir Valley,
Police Friday arrested separatist leaders Syed Ali Shah Geelani and Mirwaiz Umar Farooq as they tried to march from their residences to historic Jamia Masjid in Nowhatta area of the city.
Bahadur Ali, the Pakistani terrorist who was captured alive by security forces in Kashmir, has made startling revelations before the National Investigating Agency.
Husain Haqqani, former Pakistani ambassador to the United Nations, has advocated that neither India nor Pakistan should interfere or worry about events that are taking place in the parts of Kashmir being ruled by them respectively.
Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti yesterday claimed that the security forces were unaware about Hizbul Mujahideen commander Burhan Wani`s hideout.
Fifty people including 48 civilians and two policemen have been killed since July 9.
Nearly 6,500 pilgrims from Jammu and Kashmir would perform Haj this year and the first batch would leave for Saudi Arabia on August 10, officials said on Thursday.
With schools across the Valley closed for nearly a month due to prevailing situation, Jammu and Kashmir government on Thursday assured every possible support for smooth functioning of schools and asked the institutions to play a constructive role by motivating parents and prominent citizens.
Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti on Thursday stoked a huge controversy!
The chief minister claimed that she was not aware of Burhan's whereabouts and the army and police too did not know about him.
"As far as I know, what I heard from the police and the army, who said they only knew that there were three militants inside the house but did not know who they were."
Congress president Sonia Gandhi on Thursday expressed "anguish" over the loss of 47 lives in violent clashes between protesters and security forces in Kashmir and urged people to shun the path of confrontation and embrace peace.
The Jammu-Srinagar National Highway, which was closed due to landslides triggered by heavy rainfall, was thrown open for traffic this morning.
JuD chief Hafiz Saeed has claimed that a top LeT militant led the processions in Kashmir Valley following the killing of Burhan Wani in Srinagar,
Authorities on Thursday continued curfew only in three south Kashmir districts of Anantnag, Kulgam and Pulwama.
The strategic Jammu-Srinagar national highway was closed on Thursday due to landslides, resulting in the suspension of Amarnath Yatra.
Four militants were killed and one apprehended by security forces during an encounter in Naugam sector on Tuesday.
Two minor girls and a woman were on Wednesday killed in flash floods and house collapse triggered by heavy rains in Jammu region, even as the Jammu-Srinagar national highway remained closed in Ramban district due to landslides.
People on Wednesday held a protest and blocked Jammu-Poonch Highway over an alleged act of "sacrilege" in Jammu city today as police registered a case in this regard.
Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti today said the prevailing law and order problem has dealt a "huge setback" to the efforts of her government to upgrade infrastructure in key sectors and stressed on the need for "infusing new life" in the institutions to address the developmental concerns of the public.
As many as 3,550 security force personnel and 2,309 civilians were injured following severe protests and stone pelting incidents in Jammu and Kashmir till July 25 this year, Rajya Sabha was told on Wednesday.
Hardline Hurriyat Conference chairman Syed Ali Shah Geelani wason Wednesday arrested by police after he tried to defy restrictions to march towards Kulgam district of south Kashmir.
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India?
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India? Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the mystery of missing IAF aircraft AN-32
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind Yahoo's downfall
- DNA: Analyzing the deaths caused by electricity
- DNA: Analyzing the deaths caused by electricity Part-II
- DNA: Today in History, 28 July, 2016
- Women fight over seat in London metro
- Sacked AAP minister claims threat to his life from Kejriwal and his men
- Massive traffic jam brings Gurugram to a standstill
- Are Indian journalists sympathising with terrorists like Burhan Wani?
- Expelled BJP leader Dayashankar Singh arrested in Bihar
- Mumbai: Man crushed to death after tree falls on car
- Who is responsible for heavy traffic jams in the country?
- Who is responsible for heavy traffic jams in the country? Part-II
- Evening showers bring Gurugram to a grinding halt
- J&K govt to provide support for smooth functioning of schools
- In a country wary of migrants, Pope tells Poles to welcome refugees
- Want soft and smooth heels? Try these five easy home remedies!
- Former football stars Gary Neville, Ryan Giggs unveil Manchester building plan
- Syria's powerful Nusra Front says ending link to al Qaeda
- Amitabh Bachchan for higher public spending to prevent Hepatitis B
- First batch of Haj pilgrims from J&K to leave on August 10
- White dwarf found lashing red dwarf in space
- Land of believers! Out of 1.2 billion people, only 33,000 are atheists in India
- Hafiz Saeed is overseeing attacks by ISIS fighters in Afghanistan?
- Blackbuck poaching case: Rajasthan government may appeal against Salman Khan's acquittal
- 'Michael Jackson died a vulnerable man'
- Kunis, Kutcher bought wedding rings on e-commerce site
- Court rejects Ohio law that bans police from sex with minors