One terrorist was killed in an encounter with security forces of Indian Army in Kakapora area of Pulwama district here in Jammu and Kashmir.
Jammu And Kashmir News
Pujari has allegedly called on the landline number of Hurriyat office in Srinagar's Hyderpura area and threatened to kill its chief, a Pakistani newspaper reported.
The Indian Army on Sunday paid tributes to two jawans who laid down their lives battling militants Kupwara encounter on Saturday.
The mortal remains of nine soldiers who died in an avalanche on Siachen glacier were on Saturday brought down to Siachen base in Ladakh sector from where they will be later taken to Leh after the weather clears.
The Punjab Police on Saturday arrested one more Pakistan's spy agency Inter Services Intelligence (ISI) suspected agent from Surankote, Poonch.
Two Army personnel were killed in a gunfight between militants and security forces in north Kashmir.
Two Army personnel were injured on Saturday in an ongoing gunfight between militants and security forces in north Kashmir's Kupwara district.
Besides discussion on the political situation, the BJP delegation brought to Governor's notice several important issues of public interest.
With the death of Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad and nine of his comrades, India has lost nearly one soldier every month due to avalanches or extreme climatic conditions in the Siachen Glacier, since first sending troops to the contested Himalayan area 32 years ago to counter the Pakistani Army.
The mortal remains of nine soldiers, who were buried alive by an avalanche in the Siachen Glacier, are yet to be airlifted from Siachen, said the Northern Command in a release on Thursday.
Concerned over anti-national activities at Delhi's Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), East Delhi's MP and BJP's national secretary Maheish Girri on Thursday wrote to Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh, HRD Minister Smriti Irani and Delhi's Police Commissioner Bassi.
The Jammu-Srinagar National Highway was today closed for traffic in view of snowfall at Jawahir tunnel.
Many areas in the higher reaches of Kashmir, including the tourist resorts of Gulmarg and Pahalgam, received fresh snowfall while the plains of the Valley experienced rains.
Jammu and Kashmir Governor N N Vohra has approved more than Rs 50 lakh under the financial assistance grant scheme to the Voluntary Cultural and Literary Organizations in the state.
The city authorities on Wednesday imposed curfew-like restrictions here, causing inconvenience to people.
The ceremonial border personal meeting was marked by hoisting of national flags by both the delegations.
Authorities today tightened security as a precautionary measure in the wake of separatists' call for a strike to protest the hanging of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru on this day three years ago.
At least 17 highly qualified teachers of two government schools failed to answer even basic questions posed by the Deputy Commissioner of Udhampur district in Jammu and Kashmir , prompting him to initiate an education audit of the schools.
The body of one of the 10 soldiers buried under an avalanche on the Siachen glacier on February 3 was recovered on Monday, officials said.
BJP has asked the PDP chief that to take its final call on government formation in J&K they have time not beyond the Parliament Session.
17-year-old Sunak's father, who was a village defence committee (VDC) member, was gunned down by militants in 2001.
Omar Abdullah hit out at PDP chief Menbooba Mufti saying she must break her silence over J&K government formation.
Terror outfit ISIS does not have "very large footprint" in Jammu and Kashmir but care needs to be taken to ensure it does not make inroads, Northern Army Commander Lt Gen D S Hooda said on Saturday and advocated an "Intelligence Operation" to prevent spreading of its ideology.
The terrorist was neutralised in Gundpora village of Pulwama by security forces after they received a tip-off on presence of ultras there.
The airport in Leh will be vacated by the Air Force which will develop its base at an alternate site in the strategically-located district of J&K.
The army on Friday released the names of its 10 soldiers who were buried in an avalanche on Siachen Glacier of Jammu and Kashmir`s Ladakh region on Wednesday.
Mehbooba indicated today that she could end the alliance with the BJP if the Central government fails to announce “confidence-building measures”.
Three rifles and one Under Barrel Grenade Launcher (UBGL) have been recovered from militants.
Ten soldiers were on duty at an Army post on a glacier in J&K at an altitude of 5,900 metres (19,600 feet) when it was hit by a massive avalanche.
The encounter started this morning after security forces launched a cordon and search operation at Khushi Mohalla in the district, about 35 kms from Srinagar.
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit!
- Rahul Gandhi greeted with black flags at JNU
- Missing Army Captain Shikhar Deep found in Faizabad
- Titanic 2 - Replica of doomed ship to set sail
- PM Modi inaugurates Make in India Centre in Mumbai
- Return of jungle raj in Nitish's Bihar?
- DNA: Rest in peace, braveheart Hanumanthappa!
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Family-run business vs professionally-run business
- JNU turns into political battleground
- Railway changes online ticketing rules, effective February 15
- Mumbai: PM Narendra Modi inaugurates Make in India week
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him
- LeT chief Lakhvi`s son was gunned down by Indian troops in Kashmir: David Headley
- India summons US ambassador on decision to sell F-16 fighter jets to Pakistan
- Missing Indian Army captain found in Faizabad
- MS Dhoni on Yuvraj Singh: Can't promote him over 'extraordinary' Virat Kohli, Suresh Raina
- NZ vs Aus, 1st Test, Day 2: Adam Voges breaks Sachin Tendulkar's 12-year-old world record
- At present India has a Government where PM has the last word: Jaitley to Manmohan Singh
- Afzal Guru row: Modi government terrified of weak Indian people who raise their voice, says Rahul Gandhi at JNU
- VIDEO: Ravi Bopara blasts 71* off 43 balls before taking 6-16 in PSL
- Valentine's Day special: Want to woo your loved one? Try these romantic messages