Ramiz Raja, 22, was injured in militant firing on an army post along the line of control in Saujiyan sector.
Jammu And Kashmir News
One army porter was seriously injured in the firing.The area has been cordoned off and search operation is on.
BJP assailed Abdullah over his remark, saying he was raking up the issue to "remain in news for political survival.
Yogi Adityanath said every inch of land of Kashmir belonged to India and the part of Kashmir under Pakistan's control would be taken back.
Jammu: A court here on Saturday extended by 14 days the judicial remand of six accused in the Udhampur terror attack of August 5 in which two BSF men had been killed.
Union Minister of State in the PMO Jitendra Singh on Saturday flayed the statement of former Jammu and Kashmir chief minister Farooq Abdullah that "PoK is part of Pakistan".
Alleging that seeds of divisive politics were being sown into the socio-political fabric of the state, NC leader Omar Abdullah on Saturday hit out at Chief Minister Mufti Mohmmad Sayeed, and claimed the fruits of hard-earned peace are being "wasted" by him.
Separatist groups on Saturday hit out at former chief minister Farooq Abdullah for his statement on Jammu and Kashmir and Pakistan-occupied Kashmir, claiming it was far from ground reality in the state.
Yesterday, Farooq Abdullah invited criticism after he said that PoK is in Pakistan and will remain there, while J&K will continue to be part of India.
In the Jammu region, the minimum temperatures were generally above the freezing point.
NC leader Omar Abdullah on Friday alleged that the PDP-BJP coalition govt in J&K has lost peoples' confidence.
The official said the exchange of fire lasted little over 25 minutes but no casualty has been reported so far.
It is not clear what prompted the National Conference leader to make such remarks.
The BSF IG was replying to a question whether the terror infrastructure across the border has increased.
IG BSF Jammu Frontier, Rakesh Sharma said that there has been a huge cross-border firing in last year.
The activists, who gathered at RS Pura near the IB, accused the Modi-led government of not doing much to address the problems of the border residents.
Amid debate over alleged intolerance in India, the story of Kashmiri Pandits, who were forced to flee their homes in early 1990s, will give you a jolt.
In a relief for stranded passengers, air traffic to and from Srinagar International Airport resumed Thursday after remaining suspended for the last three days due to foggy conditions.
The official said the visibility in the morning was just 300-400 metres.
Hardline Hurriyat Conference on Wednesday appointed Syed Ali Shah Geelani as its lifetime chairman while restructuring the separatist amalgam to accommodate leaders who defected recently from the rival faction headed by Mirwaiz Umar Farooq.
Air traffic to and from Srinagar international airport was hit for the third day running today due to foggy weather.
This 'Sumita Vijayan' is one whose photo had been mistakenly used by media outlets for the pilot of the same name who died in the helicopter crash.
A Pakistani flag was hoisted on the ancestral house of J&K CM Mufti Mohammad Sayeed in Bijbehara area to protest the killing of three Hizbul Mujahideen militants on Monday.
A group of heavily-armed Pakistan-backed terrorists attacked an army post at Tangdhar near Line of Control LoC in the wee hours of Wednesday.
The Vaishsnodevi shrine is located at a height of 5,300 feet on the Trikuta Hills. Katra town is 50 Kms away from Jammu.
The Chief Minister issued the instructions during a meeting convened to review the implementation of decision taken at District Development Board (DDB) meetings.
The strike also affected inter-district transport service in Kashmir. However, traffic on the Srinagar-Jammu national highway was unaffected.
Fog covered Srinagar on Tuesday morning, with visibility dropping to just a few feet.
BJP state president and MP Jugal Kishore Sharma expelled Hari Om for "gross indiscipline, anti-party activities and un-repentance for his misconduct."
Four unidentified militants were killed on Monday in two separate encounters with security forces in Kupwara and Anantnag districts of Kashmir, officials said here.
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- ISI plotting terror attacks on India in December: Sources
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Delhi: Cash van driver in who fled with Rs 22.5 crore arrested
- Actor Aamir Khan, family owe Rs 817.95 as land rent
- GST deadlock: PM Modi invites Sonia Gandhi, Manmohan Singh for tea
- Watch: Amateur footage of a boy falling from Mumbai local train
- DNA: Difference between 1975 emergency in India and 2015 emergency in France
- PM Modi discusses GST bill with Manmohan, Sonia at 7 RCR
- ISI agent arrested by STF in Uttar Pradesh
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Kapil Sharma organises ‘wedding’ ceremony for married Harbhajan Singh, Geeta Basra?
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- WATCH: From US-made bomb making tools to Quran; here's all unearthed from ISIS secret tunnels
- WATCH: Rare CCTV video of Ajmal Kasab and other terrorists of 26/11 Mumbai attacks
- Watch full video highlights of 1st T20 between Pakistan vs England
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Four minors gang-rape teenage girl in Mumbai, circulate video on WhatsApp
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- 3rd Test: Indian spinners end South Africa's unbeaten 9-year overseas run with 124-run win
- Parliament's Winter Session: When Lok Sabha reverberated with PM Modi's 'Idea of India'
- Pakistan vs England, 2nd T20: Live Streaming
- Pooja Joshi of 'Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai' gets hitched to beau!