Suspected Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) militants today gunned down Police Sub-Inspector Altaf Ahmed, who was considered a key operational man and credited with smashing of many militant hideouts and arrest and killing of terrorists on the basis of intelligence generated by him.
Jammu And Kashmir News
The suspension of the four National Conference lawmakers was on Wednesday revoked by the respective presiding officers of the Jammu and Kashmir's bicameral House, prompting the opposition party to end its sit-in protest over the issue.
Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Mufti Muhammad Sayeed on Wednesday said that over 20,000 concrete bunkers would be built along the LoC and IB for the safety of residents living in border areas in Jammu region.
A police officer was on Wednesday injured when suspected militant opened fire on a car in Bandipora district of north Kashmir, police said.
The Opposition National Conference (NC) on Wednesday refused to participate in the functioning of the Jammu and Kashmir Assembly until the suspension of four of their MLAs is revoked.
A man was today shot at by a group of assailants inside the premises of the Jammu and Kashmir High Court complex here, following which an SHO was transferred and the in-charge of the police post in the area suspended on the charges of dereliction of duty. Six persons have been arrested in connection with incident which is said to be due to rivalry between two gangs.
The BJP, a partner in the ruling coalition government in Jammu and Kashmir, on Tuesday accused the former Chief Minister Omar Abdullah of "demeaning" the Speaker's office.
Amid outcry over lynching of a man in Dadri over rumours of consuming beef, former Union Minister Farooq Abdullah on Tuesday regretted that secularism has been "killed" in the country, as he appealed to the Centre to respect all religions in order to save the nation.
Opposition National Conference (NC) and Congress legislators on Tuesday disrupted the proceedings of the state legislative assembly in summer capital Srinagar.
At least four soldiers and one militant was killed on Monday as two separate gun battles raged in Jammu and Kashmir's Kupwara district.
Jammu and Kashmir government on Monday welcomed the Supreme Court decision to suspend the order of state High Court on beef ban for two months.
The Jammu and Kashmir government on Monday informed the assembly that 69 people including 35 security personnel were killed and 199 injured in militancy- related incidents and Pakistani firing in the state this year.
Facing the opposition charge of being "RSS man", Jammu and Kashmir Assembly Speaker Kavinder Gupta on Monday said he is proud to be RSS member but when inside the House, he is just the Speaker.
Former J&K Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Monday accused the Speaker of state legislative assembly of being "biased" and "throttling the voice of the opposition", adding that the beef ban issue be handled by the legislature instead of judiciary.
The Supreme Court on Monday suspended the state High Court's order enforcing ban on sale of beef in Jammu and Kashmir for two months.
Justifying the protest over the issue of beef ban and rehabilitation of flood victims by the Congress and National Conference in the Jammu and Kashmir Assembly, former chief minister Omar Abdullah on Monday said it is 'biased' Speaker Kavinder Gupta, who is not allowing the House to function.
National Conference (NC) and Congress members protested against alleged "politics over flood relief".
Four jawans and a militant were killed in two separate encounters between security forces and terrorists in Kupwara district in Kashmir Valley on Monday.
The picturesque town of Bhaderwah in Doda district of Jammu and Kashmir on Sunday witnessed the season's first snowfall.
Two militants of Pakistan-based JeM outfit were on Sunday killed in an encounter
An independent legislator on Saturday continuously disrupted the first day of Jammu and Kashmir assembly's autumn session as he accused the PDP-BJP government of carrying forward the agenda of the RSS.
Two Army officers were today killed when the vehicle they were travelling in hit a stationary truck on Jammu-Pathankot National Highway in Samba district of Jammu and Kashmir.
Separatist groups in Kashmir on Thursday welcomed Nawaz Sharif's address at the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) where he raised the Kashmir issue, saying the Pakistani Prime Minister adopted a "realistic stand".
The Army on Thursday said it would vacate the Tattoo Ground here in three months if alternate land is given at a mutually acceptable place within this period.
Activists of the hardline women's separatist outfit Dukhtaran-e-Millat (DeM) on Thursday protested the re-arrest of its chairperson Asiya Andrabi by police on charges of indulging in unlawful activities.
A woman was crushed to death after she was allegedly hit by a train in Samba district of Jammu and Kashmir, police said here today.
The Supreme Court on Wednesday sentenced Pakistani national Ghulam Nabi Guide to life in prison for engineering three bomb blasts on January 26, 1995, at Maulana Azad Memorial Stadium in Jammu. The blasts killed eight people and left 18 others seriously injured.
Jammu and Kashmir Health Minister Chaudhary Lal Singh has landed himself in another controversy allegedly by abusing opposition National Conference (NC) leaders for submitting a Bill in the legislature seeking revocation of beef ban.
Accusing the opposition National Conference of being a "visionless" party, the BJP on Wednesday said that the BJP-PDP coalition government is doing a wonderful job in Jammu and Kashmir.
Videos of Pakistan government's brutality on people living in the Pakistan-occupied-Kashmir (PoK) are an eye-opener for everybody across the world, the Narendra Modi government said on Wednesday.
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- DNA: Odisha gets its first 100% solar-powered village
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Price of pulses crosses more than Rs 225 per kilogram
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Asaram adult books distributed in Chattisgarh schools
- Panel discussion on communal riots being made top issue in India instead of inflation
- From Rs 12,000 to 50,000: AAP intends to hike Delhi MLAs basic salaries
- Varanasi violence: Schools, colleges to remain closed today
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui
- NASA's Mars orbiter reveals stunning images of Acidalia Planitia featured in 'The Martian'
- Dadri lynching: Won't let 'agenda of destruction' succeed, says govt; victim's son appeals for peace
- Former cricketer Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with life-threatening disease
- Helder Postiga less Atletico de Kolkata to take on Goa
- Varanasi violence: Rajnath takes stock of situation; schools, colleges to remain closed on Tuesday
- Indrani Mukerjea's statement on suspected drug overdose recorded
- Indo-Pak border: Bright and calm from space...guns on the ground
- Shri Kainchi Dham Mandir – A divine destination for self resurrection