The committee under the chairmanship of T V S N Prasad, Joint Secretary, Ministry of Home Affairs, will submit its report within two months.
Jammu And Kashmir News
Jammu and Kashmir unit of CPI(M) on Tuesday criticised the Director General of CRPF for his statement on use of pellet guns in the Valley, saying it amounted to "erosion of political authority" by the security apparatus in view of the directions from Union Home Ministry.
An Army officer allegedly committed suicide by shooting himself with his service rifle inside a camp in south Kashmir's Kulgam district, police said on Tuesday.
Two persons were killed on Tuesday when a car they were travelling in skidded off a road and fell into a 170-feet deep gorge in Doda district on Tuesday.
Lieutenant General D.S. Hooda (Northern Command Chief) on Tuesday said there is no doubt that Pakistan has been interfering in Kashmir and has a direct role in what can be termed as `proxy war` in Kashmir.
K Durga Prasad, Director General of the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), has said they “feel sorry” for using pellet guns in Kashmir but added that their hands were tied.
Curfew was on Tuesday lifted from all parts of Kashmir, except Anantnag town, after 17 days of unrest in the Valley.
Pakistan has demanded an independent inquiry into the "extra-judicial" killing of Hizbul Mujahideen commander Burhan Wani.
Four dreaded terrorists were killed and another apprehended by the security forces during an encounter in the Naugam sector near the Line of Control in Kupwara district of Jammu and Kashmir on Tuesday.
Mobile and internet services were restored in Jammu region after 16 days on Tuesday, officials said.
Authorities continued curfew and restrictions on Tuesday in the Kashmir Valley.
The Srinagar-Muzaffarabad bus service, also known as Karwan-e-Aman, resumed today after remaining suspended for two weeks due to the unrest in Kashmir Valley.
Dozens were injured in fresh protests in the Kashmir Valley on Monday as people defied curfew to march to Anantnag in a more volatile region in response to a call by separatists.
The BJP said the separatists were working for the benefit of Pakistan and against the interests and integrity of India.
During the discussion, Baig reportedly said, “The Indian Armed Forces will be driven away from Kashmir by Pakistani forces like dogs.”
Hardline Hurriyat Conference chairman Syed Ali Shah Geelani was on Monday arrested by police after he tried to defy restrictions and march towards Anantnag district of south Kashmir.
A medical team belonging to the Jamaat-ud-Dawa (JuD) has applied for a visa at the Indian High Commission to visit Kashmir.
A Border Security Force (BSF) trooper on Sunday stabbed a colleague and escaped with the latter`s light machine gun (LMG) on the border in Jammu and Kashmir.
Authorities on Monday imposed curfew in four south Kashmir districts to prevent a separatists called protest march.
Kashmir violence has left 45 people dead in violent stone-throwing protests following July 8 killing of top pro-Pakistan rebel 'commander' Burhan Wani.
An uneasy calm prevailed in Kashmir where normal life was paralysed for the 16th consecutive day today even as security agencies braced for a march called by separatists tomorrow.
“After revoking AFSPA in few areas, we can assess the situation there. If successful we can revoke it in entirety,” CM Mufti said.
A BSF constable today allegedly stabbed a fellow jawan and fled with a Light Machine Gun (LMG) and over 10 magazines from Akhnoor sector in Jammu and Kashmir following which security has been beefed up in key areas here.
CPI-M leader Mohammed Yousuf Tarigami urged the central government to open an "unconditional dialogue" with all the stakeholders in Jammu and Kashmir, "particularly the voices of dissent", to bring peace in the violence-ravaged state.
The Srinagar-Muzaffarabad bus service will resume tomorrow after remaining suspended for two weeks in view of the unrest in Kashmir Valley that has left 45 people dead and 3,400 others injured.
Jammu and Kashmir needs a political solution and not economic packages, former Omar Abdullah told Home Minister Rajnath Singh.
Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Sunday chaired a high-level security meeting, met delegations of political parties and is slated to visit south Kashmir's Anantnag district before returning to New Delhi.
A policeman, injured in the attack on a police station in Kulgam district on July 15, today succumbed at a hospital here, taking the death toll in the ongoing unrest in Kashmir to 46.
It's a major relief for the people of Jammu and Kashmir after witnessing several days of violence and protests over terrorist Burhan Wani's killing.
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part IV
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part V
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy?
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy? - Part II
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu launches India's first green rail corridor in Tamil Nadu
- UP: 8 children killed as train hits school mini-bus in Bhadohi
- Why is Sidhu evasive about joining AAP?
- Turkey forms state of emergency coordination committee
- BIZARRE: On this flight, passengers go nude at 30,000 feet altitude – Watch viral video
- PITIABLE PLIGHT OF INDIAN ATHLETES: Training with worn-out shoes, Rio-bound sprinter Dutee Chand pleads for new pair
- Toll in Kashmir unrest climbs to 47, curfew continues in five districts
- AAP MLA Naresh Yadav, booked in Malerkotla sacrilege incident, arrested by Punjab police
- Ahead of key confidence vote, Nepal PM KP Sharma Oli resigns as prime minister
- Floods affect over 6 lakh in 14 Assam districts, toll rises to seven
- Congress lawmakers to quit if SC ruling on SYL canal goes against Punjab
- CPN (Maoist Centre) chairman Prachanda all set to become new Nepal PM
- Swachh Bharat, Skill India 'transformative' schemes: President Pranab Mukherjee
- Restless Leg Syndrome: Treat the disorder with this amazingly simple trick! - Watch video
- Boris Johnson claims India owes UK multi-million pounds
- Trump's NATO comments show 'lack of preparedness': Obama
- Govt should resist urge of control everything: Arun Jaitley
- Sushma Swaraj can't give verdict on 'future of Kashmir': Pakistan