ED is probing suspected links between a leader of hardline Hurriyat leader, Firdous Ahmad Shah, and one of the financiers of 26/11 terror attacks in Mumbai.
Jammu And Kashmir News
Security forces overnight busted a guerrilla hideout in J&K.
Omar Abdullah alleged that PDP-BJP coalition's policy of putting core political issues on the back burner did not auger well for the prospects of peace in J&K.
A jawan on Monday suffered a gunshot injury at a CRPF post in Kathua district of Jammu and Kashmir and authorities are probing the incident.
The accused duo have been identified as Kafaitullah Khan alias Master Raja (44), a resident of Rajouri district in Jammu and Kashmir, and BSF head constable Abdul Rasheed, posted at the intelligence wing of Border Security Force in the same district.
Asserting that his father and National Conference chief has said the right thing, Omar said, "One can use weapons to a certain extent only, after that the political dialogue will have to take the process forward."
Police also has issued instructions to its units near the IB to be alert.
The terror activities in Kupwara district over the last eight weeks are suggesting that infiltration from Pakistan-occupied-Kashmir (PoK) has increased and these terror groups want to set up base in North Kashmir where the presence has been weak of both the Pakistan-based terror outfits, official sources said on Sunday
A high alert has been sounded along the Line of Control (LoC) in Kashmir Valley as infiltration from across the border has seen a sudden spurt.
Ramiz Raja, 22, was injured in militant firing on an army post along the line of control in Saujiyan sector.
One army porter was seriously injured in the firing.The area has been cordoned off and search operation is on.
BJP assailed Abdullah over his remark, saying he was raking up the issue to "remain in news for political survival.
Yogi Adityanath said every inch of land of Kashmir belonged to India and the part of Kashmir under Pakistan's control would be taken back.
Jammu: A court here on Saturday extended by 14 days the judicial remand of six accused in the Udhampur terror attack of August 5 in which two BSF men had been killed.
Union Minister of State in the PMO Jitendra Singh on Saturday flayed the statement of former Jammu and Kashmir chief minister Farooq Abdullah that "PoK is part of Pakistan".
Alleging that seeds of divisive politics were being sown into the socio-political fabric of the state, NC leader Omar Abdullah on Saturday hit out at Chief Minister Mufti Mohmmad Sayeed, and claimed the fruits of hard-earned peace are being "wasted" by him.
Separatist groups on Saturday hit out at former chief minister Farooq Abdullah for his statement on Jammu and Kashmir and Pakistan-occupied Kashmir, claiming it was far from ground reality in the state.
Yesterday, Farooq Abdullah invited criticism after he said that PoK is in Pakistan and will remain there, while J&K will continue to be part of India.
In the Jammu region, the minimum temperatures were generally above the freezing point.
NC leader Omar Abdullah on Friday alleged that the PDP-BJP coalition govt in J&K has lost peoples' confidence.
The official said the exchange of fire lasted little over 25 minutes but no casualty has been reported so far.
It is not clear what prompted the National Conference leader to make such remarks.
The BSF IG was replying to a question whether the terror infrastructure across the border has increased.
IG BSF Jammu Frontier, Rakesh Sharma said that there has been a huge cross-border firing in last year.
The activists, who gathered at RS Pura near the IB, accused the Modi-led government of not doing much to address the problems of the border residents.
Amid debate over alleged intolerance in India, the story of Kashmiri Pandits, who were forced to flee their homes in early 1990s, will give you a jolt.
In a relief for stranded passengers, air traffic to and from Srinagar International Airport resumed Thursday after remaining suspended for the last three days due to foggy conditions.
The official said the visibility in the morning was just 300-400 metres.
Hardline Hurriyat Conference on Wednesday appointed Syed Ali Shah Geelani as its lifetime chairman while restructuring the separatist amalgam to accommodate leaders who defected recently from the rival faction headed by Mirwaiz Umar Farooq.
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Aamir Khan should learn from Baba Sahib Ambedkar, says Mayawati
- Panel discussion on film director Ali Akbar's accusation on Madrasa
- Jhansi's ammunition factory was target of ISI agents
- SC asks Govinda to apologise for slapping a fan in 2008
- DNA: Heart-wrenching story of Major Dhruv Yadav's family
- Parliamentary debate over alleged intolerance in India commences
- Exclusive: Piyush Goyal optimistic of reaching a deal at Paris climate summit
- Is Russia using white phosphorus on civilian areas in Syria?
- DNA: Meet Noor Jahan, who was praised by PM Modi in 'Mann ki Baat''
- 9th standard girl delivers baby in school washroom
- Intolerance debate continues in Parliament
- Paris Summit: Protecting our planet & nature is a priority for India, says PM Modi
- Paris summit: PM Modi pulls up rich nations on climate change
- Shiv Sena mouthpiece Saamna reveals list of Indrani Mukerjea's influential friends
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- Bigg Boss: When Kriti Sanon played Aishwarya Rai’s part to romance Salman Khan
- Media house attacked over derogatory cartoon in Maharashtra
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals
- WATCH: Pakistan vs England, 3rd T20: Complete highlights
- Priyanka Chopra’s sex scene from ‘Quantico’ goes viral – Watch video
- 'Someone' in Pak High Commission in Delhi was part of ISI spy ring?
- Shocking! Class 9 student delivers baby in school washroom
- Sonia Gandhi in US for regular medical checkup: Congress
- Shah Rukh Khan backs Aamir Khan on intolerance row, says he was misquoted
- Meet 'Iraqi Rambo' Abu Azrael; this 'Angel of Death' has killed over 1,500 Islamic State terrorists
- Filmmaker Ali Akbar was 'sexually abused in Kerala madrasa', says nobody speaks out of fear
- Spirituality: Chant this Ganesha Mantra on Tuesday to remove hurdles