Putting a question mark over the existence of an alliance between the PDP and BJP in the state, former Jammu and Kashmir chief Minister and NC leader Omar Abdullah said on Sunday that a decision on government formation in the Valley should be announced soon.
Jammu And Kashmir News
Terror outfit ISIS does not have "very large footprint" in Jammu and Kashmir but care needs to be taken to ensure it does not make inroads, Northern Army Commander Lt Gen D S Hooda said on Saturday and advocated an "Intelligence Operation" to prevent spreading of its ideology.
The terrorist was neutralised in Gundpora village of Pulwama by security forces after they received a tip-off on presence of ultras there.
The airport in Leh will be vacated by the Air Force which will develop its base at an alternate site in the strategically-located district of J&K.
The army on Friday released the names of its 10 soldiers who were buried in an avalanche on Siachen Glacier of Jammu and Kashmir`s Ladakh region on Wednesday.
Mehbooba indicated today that she could end the alliance with the BJP if the Central government fails to announce “confidence-building measures”.
Three rifles and one Under Barrel Grenade Launcher (UBGL) have been recovered from militants.
Ten soldiers were on duty at an Army post on a glacier in J&K at an altitude of 5,900 metres (19,600 feet) when it was hit by a massive avalanche.
The encounter started this morning after security forces launched a cordon and search operation at Khushi Mohalla in the district, about 35 kms from Srinagar.
The Defence Ministry said on Thursday that the chances of finding any survivors who went missing after an avalanche hit their post in Siachen were very remote.
A fierce encounter is currently underway between the security forces and militants in Hajin area of Jammu and Kashmir's Bandipora district on Thursday.
The recommendations of the Parliamentary Panel headed by member parliament Awais Ahmad Leghari depicts an apologetic policy and it cannot be named more than this that it is an attempt to appease India, Geelani said.
In a significant victory in the fight against terror, the Jammu and Kashmir Police, Wednesday, busted a Jash-e-Mohammad (JeM) terror module operating in the state.
Jammu and Kashmir Tuesday appeared to be headed for a longer spell of political uncertainty with both allies PDP and BJP putting the onus of forming the next government on each other as their leaders met Governor N N Vohra who had stepped in to break the month-long impasse.
Muslims of a village in Kulgam district of south Kashmir performed the last rites of Janki Nath (84), a Kashmiri Pandit, who refused to leave the Valley when all others in his family fled.
After meeting the Governor, PDP chief Mehbooba Mufti said on Tuesday that Centre needs to do more on Jammu and Kashmir.
PDP chief said she needed assurances from BJP on time-bound implementation of the agenda of alliance between the two parties before staking claim to power in J&K.
Just before their meetings with Governor NN Vohra on government formation, BJP leader Nirmal Singh on Tuesday met PDP chief Mehbooba Mufti here and expressed confidence that the coalition will continue and an elected government will be in place "very soon".
Ahead of the meeting with the Jammu and Kashmir Governor NN Vohra to clear its stand on government formation, BJP's core group will hold an important meeting in Jammu winter capital city on Tuesday.
The National Conference on Tuesday accused the Bharatiya Janata Party and People's Democratic Party (PDP) of creating a constitutional crisis in Jammu and Kashmir by not forming a government and said the time has now come for fresh elections to take place in the state.
Srinagar, the summer capital of Jammu and Kashmir, recorded a low of minus 1.7 degrees Celsius, down by nearly two notches from previous night's zero degrees Celsius.
With uncertainty over government formation prevailing for nearly a month, Jammu and Kashmir Governor NN Vohra has stepped in to end it as he asked PDP president Mehbooba Mufti and state BJP chief Sat Pal Sharma to clarify their stand by Tuesday.
Kashmir cannot be separated from India despite efforts by the neighbouring country in this regard, former Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Farooq Abdullah has said.
Congress on Monday accused PDP and BJP of "violating" the mandate of the people by not forming government in Jammu and Kashmir and expressed the hope that better sense would prevail on them.
The Governor has written to leaders of the two parties asking them to clarify their stand on government formation by Tuesday.
The PDP president has stated categorically that she wants assurances from the Narendra Modi-led central government for time-bound implementation of the agenda of alliance between her party and the BJP before she stakes claim to power.
BJP core group in Jammu and Kashmir today called a meeting to discuss the demands of key ally, the PDP.
In view of the persisting deadlock over government formation in Jammu and Kashmir following the demise of former chief minister Mufti Mohd Sayeed, the state's Governor on Monday asked BJP and PDP - the alliance partners - to clarify their stand on the issue by Tuesday.
PDP)chief Mehbooba Mufti has called a legislature party meeting on Monday to discuss the issue of government formation.
PDP president Mehbooba Mufti on Sunday told her party`s core group that she was not averse to forming the government in Jammu and Kashmir.
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- Panel discussion over rights of Muslim women
- Five students in Agra invent cycle that runs on fuel
- DNA: How passengers risk their lives while travelling by train - Part II
- DNA: How passengers risk their lives while travelling by train
- DNA: Analysis of deaths in road accidents in year 2014
- Bus falls into river in Gujarat's Navsari; 15 students reported dead
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- DNA: Today in History | February 5, 2016
- Panel discussion over rights of Muslim women - Part III
- Panel discussion over rights of Muslim women - Part II
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- International Fleet Review in Bay of Bengal
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea applies for bail, says her medical condition 'deteriorating'
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Earthquake of 5.2 magnitude jolts Nepal, 15 hurt; tremors felt in Bihar
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India
- Rags to riches: Bihar welder's son bags Rs 1 crore job offer with Microsoft
- Will teach a lesson to mastermind of Pathankot airbase attack, says Parrikar
- Indian Premier League: List of players bought by franchises at Saturday's auction
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- At least 37 dead as bus plunges into river in Gujarat
- Caught-on-camera: Most horrifying, deadly snake bites on human – Watch video