A sleeper cell of banned terror group Hizbul Mujahideen has been busted here with police arresting its chief, a UK-based Kashmiri physiotherapist.
Jammu And Kashmir News
The Army Monday downplayed the recent incidents of violence and reports of youths joining militancy, especially in south Kashmir, stating that the situation was largely stable and the media was just indulging in wishful thinking.
Heavy rains in Leh district of Jammu and Kashmir caused flash floods, resulting in damage to several residential houses, police said here on Monday.
Pakistan troops overnight violated the ceasefire agreement on the line of control (LoC) in four sectors of the Jammu region.
Moulvi Bashir Ahmad Farooqi, imam and preacher at famous the Hazratbal mosque passed away here today. He was 84.
In the wake of an extension of Jammu bandh by the AIIMS Coordination Committee, section 144 of CrPC has been imposed here by the authorities, prohibiting assembly of more than four people at any place.
Amid protests and shutdown to demand setting up of an AIIMS in Jammu, state health minister Chowdhary Lal Singh on Sunday said AIIMS will be set up at both here and Kashmir and will be provided with same facilities.
Ruling BJP in Jammu and Kashmir on Sunday slammed the ongoing agitation for AIIMS in Jammu and said those spearheading the stir were playing in the hands of opposition parties, in spite of Centre's announcement to give "AIIMS-like" institution in the city.
Jammu witnessed a shutdown for the third consecutive day today as part of agitation being carried out by an amalgam of over 70 organisations to press for setting up an AIIMS in this region of the state.
A senior police officer today reviewed the overall security situation in the border district of Leh in Jammu and Kashmir.
Amid tight security, a batch of 444 pilgrims today left for the cave shrine of Amarnath in the south Kashmir Himalayas.
Pakistan once again violated ceasefire along the Line of Control (LoC) on the International Border in RS Pura Sector on Sunday.
The J&K High Court Bar Association Jammu (BAJ) has decided to extend its strike for six more days, starting Monday, in protest against the police action on its members and the "peaceful" agitators during rallies today over the demand for setting up AIIMS in the region.
General Officer Commanding-in-Chief of Army's Western Command Lt Gen KJ Singh on Saturday discussed security situation with Jammu and Kashmir Deputy Chief Minister Nirmal Singh here.
Police resorted to cane-charge and teargas firing to disperse pro-AIIMS protesters at three places amid clashes in Jammu city, where a bandh was observed for second consecutive day on Saturday over the demand for establishment of AIIMS in the region.
Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Mufti Mohammad Sayeed on Saturday condemned the attack on a police party in Pattan area of north Kashmir's Baramulla district which left three cops injured and visited them at a hospital here.
The Estimates Committee of Jammu and Kashmir Legislative Assembly has asked the state government to approve and release Rs 200 crore for revival of sick industrial units in the state.
The Pakistan Rangers on Saturday violated the ceasefire by resorting to small arms firing and mortar shelling on border out posts along the International Border in Jammu district, drawing retaliation from the BSF.
Amid tight security, a batch of 418 pilgrims on Saturday left for the cave shrine of Amarnath in the south Kashmir Himalayas.
Three policemen, including an SHO, and a taxi driver were injured on Friday night when militants opened firing on a police check post in Pattan area of north Kashmir's Baramulla district.
Jammu and Kashmir BJP leader Prof Hari Om today suggested the party to break its alliance with the PDP as the popularity of BJP in Jammu province has dipped to the lowest levels since it become partner in the government in the state.
The residents of Banihal today staged protests over "shortage" of doctors in various hospitals here and accused the state government of "adopting discriminatory policies" against them, police said.
The Border Security Force (BSF) on Friday foiled an infiltration attempt along the International Border in Jammu and Kashmir's Samba region.
Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Mufti Mohammad Sayeed on Friday approved the first-ever disaster management plan in the state in an effort to reduce the vulnerability to hazards and cope with disasters and natural calamities in a more effective manner.
Violent protests broke out in Jammu as a three-day shutdown called from Friday to press for setting up of AIIMS in the region disrupted normal life and opposition parties took to streets accusing ruling BJP of "betrayal".
Flags of ISIS, Pakistan and Lashkar-e-Toiba ( LeT) were waved near the Jama Masjid in Srinagar after Friday prayers.
An Indian Army jawan allegedly committed suicide by shooting himself with his service rifle in an army camp in Jammu, police said on Friday.
Clashes broke out between activists of AIIMS Coordination Committee (ACC) and the BJP today in Jammu, where a complete bandh was observed over demand of establishment of AIIMS in the region, following which police used cane charge to bring situation to normal.
On the day Yakub Memon was hanged in a Nagpur jail, a Congress MLA in Kashmir on Thursday created a stir when he claimed meeting the 1993 Mumbai serial blasts mastermind Tiger Memon.
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Asaram Bapu shown as 'saint' in Rajasthan school book
- Landslide hits Manipur after heavy rain
- Poster war breaks out between BJP, AAP
- 15 reports from 15 cities
- Allahabad: Controversy over bar owner's appointment as Mahamandaleshwar
- Delhi HC issues notice to Kejriwal govt on advertisement expenses
- Child critically injured as crude bomb explodes in Kolkata
- Shravan - The month of Lord Shiva
- Poster war breaks out between BJP, AAP-Part 2
- Fast and Facts @ 4pm
- FTII students stage protest at Jantar Mantar in Delhi
- The mayhem of cyclone Komen
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Parliament deadlock: BJP says blame Sonia if Monsoon Session washed out, calls Congress 'confused'
- Porn banned in India? RGV criticises the move
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Pak releases 163 Indian fishermen
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Don't lose the first Test of an away series: Sunil Gavaskar
- Parliament logjam: BJP, Congress spar bitterly ahead of all-party meet on Monday
- Zee Media Exclusive – Dr Abdul Kalam wanted to be remembered as a teacher, says his close aide
- Gurdaspur attack terrorists wore 'Made in Pak' gloves: Report
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan