Over 12,000 candidates from Jammu and Kashmir appeared in the Combined Competitive (Preliminary) Examination on Sunday which were held in two sessions at 26 centres across the state.
Jammu And Kashmir News
Panun Kashmir on Sunday said political alignment between BJP and PDP in Jammu and Kashmir does not seem to have augured well for the state, and accused the alliance of having failed to trigger any cohesion towards serving the nation.
Ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) president Mehbooba Mufti on Sunday said the present government in Jammu and Kashmir has to make a fresh beginning to pull the state out of the "morass" and revive the process of political reconciliation, economic rejuvenation and social emancipation.
Jammu and Kashmir Health minister Choudhary Lal Singh on Saturday met those injured in Pakistani firing and undergoing treatment at the Government Medical College and Hospital here and assured all possible help from the government.
A hunt by police to nab those displaying controversial flags on Saturday sparked protests and clashes between mobs and security personnel in some parts of old Srinagar, leaving one youth injured in firing.
At least 18 army jawans were injured in an explosion at an army camp on Saturday in south Kashmir's Pulwama district.
A youth was injured when CRPF personnel allegedly opened fire to chase away stone-pelting protesters in downtown Srinagar on Saturday.
Three persons have been arrested for allegedly kidnapping and raping a girl of Poonch district, police said here on Saturday.
Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail Bora had emailed his sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter to her employer Mumbai Metro One Private Limited (MMOPL), a report said on Saturday.
Fourteen soldiers were injured on Saturday in an explosion inside an army training camp in south Kashmir's Pulwama district, authorities said.
Sleuths of the Jammu and Kashmir Excise Department on Friday foiled a bid to smuggle rare and highly-valuable banned forest products after a huge quantity of them were seized at the Lakhanpur toll post in Kathua district.
A day after the Indian Army and J&K Police, in a joint operation, captured Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed after killing his four associates in a two-day operation in Kashmir, details have started to tumble out.
Pakistani troops violated ceasefire by resorting to heavy mortar shelling along International Border in RS Pura and Arnia sectors of Jammu and Kashmir on Friday, killing 3 civilian and injuring 16 others.
Accusing the Modi government of "scuttling" their 'one-time settlement' funds, PoK refugees met with Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi, urging him to put pressure on the Centre to release the Rs 25 lakhs per PoK family grant.
Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi has said he would raise the problems of Kashmiri Pandit migrants in Parliament, according to a delegation that met him here.
Jammu and Kashmir Police on Thursday provided relief of Rs four lakh to the family of an ice-cream vendor who was killed in a grenade attack by militants in Anantnag early this year.
In a major development, Indian security forces captured alive another Pakistani terrorist in Jammu and Kashmir on Thursday.
The two anti-militancy operations in north Kashmir entered the second day on Thursday but no fresh casualties have been reported so far, Army said.
Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi cornered Prime Minister Narendra Modi-led Central Government over the farmer`s issue and alleged that the latter was concerned only about a few `businessmen`.
Describing growing unemployment as a matter of "grave concern", PDP president Mehbooba Mufti on Wednesday sought "ample resources" from the Centre for post-flood economic reconstruction and to supplement the peace efforts in Jammu and Kashmir.
Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi on Wednesday said that strengthening of panchayats in Jammu and Kashmir was necessary to bring peace to the state.
A new video of Hizbul Mujahideen militant Burhan Muzzafar Wani has surfaced here, weeks after the one that showed him training in battle fatigues.
Two live mortar shells were on Wednesday found lying in a stream in Budgam district of central Kashmir, police said.
Accusing Prime Minister Narendra Modi-led central government of being "pro-corporate", Jammu and Kashmir chapter of Centre of Indian Trade Union (CITU) on Wednesday asked working class to join the one-day nation-wide strike next month to protest against government's unilateral labour reforms.
LeT terrorist Mohammed Naved Yakub, a resident of Pakistan, made a confessional statement before a magistrate here on Wednesday regarding the role of the terror outfit in carrying out strikes like the Udhampur attack in Jammu and Kashmir.
The Army on Wednesday foiled an attempt by militants who tried to sneak into India from Pakistan in Jammu and Kashmir, police said.
An unidentified militant was killed in an encounter with security forces near the Line of Control in Uri area of North Kashmir's Baramulla district on Wednesday.
Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi on Wednesday alleged there was "over centralisation of power" in the central government blocking the functioning of the entire system and accused Prime Minister Narendra Modi of not fulfilling promises.
Democratic Freedom Party (DFP) president Shabir Ahmad Shah on Tuesday "blamed the Centre for the failure" of the NSA talks with Pakistan, saying "the world is disappointed on the stand taken by India".
Moderate Hurriyat Conference on Tuesday accused the Centre of "evading" the NSA-level talks with Pakistan by refusing to discuss Kashmir, an issue it described as the main reason for the "huge trust deficit" between the two countries.
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Centre assures help to Gita Press, Gorakhpur
- Operation Hafiz Saeed: 'Phantom' ban in Pakistan
- 'Delhi Police... One Touch Away' app launched!
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Watch: Top 10 Headlines @7 am
- Gita Press denies reports of shutting down
- Analysing the murder mystery of Sheena Bora case- Part II
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- When drunk driver Shyam Rai revealed all about Sheena Bora murder
- Nashik Kumbh: Poor turnout at first Shahi Snan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Ajay Devgn backs 'Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2'!
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried
- Sheena Bora murder case: Focus now on forensic report of skeletal remains
- Malaysians gather in capital to demand reform, PM`s ouster
- Mumbai Police recovers car used in Sheena's murder; Indrani, Sanjeev, driver to be taken to crime spot in Raigad