The accused duo have been identified as Kafaitullah Khan alias Master Raja (44), a resident of Rajouri district in Jammu and Kashmir, and BSF head constable Abdul Rasheed, posted at the intelligence wing of Border Security Force in the same district.
Jammu And Kashmir News
Asserting that his father and National Conference chief has said the right thing, Omar said, "One can use weapons to a certain extent only, after that the political dialogue will have to take the process forward."
Police also has issued instructions to its units near the IB to be alert.
The terror activities in Kupwara district over the last eight weeks are suggesting that infiltration from Pakistan-occupied-Kashmir (PoK) has increased and these terror groups want to set up base in North Kashmir where the presence has been weak of both the Pakistan-based terror outfits, official sources said on Sunday
A high alert has been sounded along the Line of Control (LoC) in Kashmir Valley as infiltration from across the border has seen a sudden spurt.
Ramiz Raja, 22, was injured in militant firing on an army post along the line of control in Saujiyan sector.
One army porter was seriously injured in the firing.The area has been cordoned off and search operation is on.
BJP assailed Abdullah over his remark, saying he was raking up the issue to "remain in news for political survival.
Yogi Adityanath said every inch of land of Kashmir belonged to India and the part of Kashmir under Pakistan's control would be taken back.
Jammu: A court here on Saturday extended by 14 days the judicial remand of six accused in the Udhampur terror attack of August 5 in which two BSF men had been killed.
Union Minister of State in the PMO Jitendra Singh on Saturday flayed the statement of former Jammu and Kashmir chief minister Farooq Abdullah that "PoK is part of Pakistan".
Alleging that seeds of divisive politics were being sown into the socio-political fabric of the state, NC leader Omar Abdullah on Saturday hit out at Chief Minister Mufti Mohmmad Sayeed, and claimed the fruits of hard-earned peace are being "wasted" by him.
Separatist groups on Saturday hit out at former chief minister Farooq Abdullah for his statement on Jammu and Kashmir and Pakistan-occupied Kashmir, claiming it was far from ground reality in the state.
Yesterday, Farooq Abdullah invited criticism after he said that PoK is in Pakistan and will remain there, while J&K will continue to be part of India.
In the Jammu region, the minimum temperatures were generally above the freezing point.
NC leader Omar Abdullah on Friday alleged that the PDP-BJP coalition govt in J&K has lost peoples' confidence.
The official said the exchange of fire lasted little over 25 minutes but no casualty has been reported so far.
It is not clear what prompted the National Conference leader to make such remarks.
The BSF IG was replying to a question whether the terror infrastructure across the border has increased.
IG BSF Jammu Frontier, Rakesh Sharma said that there has been a huge cross-border firing in last year.
The activists, who gathered at RS Pura near the IB, accused the Modi-led government of not doing much to address the problems of the border residents.
Amid debate over alleged intolerance in India, the story of Kashmiri Pandits, who were forced to flee their homes in early 1990s, will give you a jolt.
In a relief for stranded passengers, air traffic to and from Srinagar International Airport resumed Thursday after remaining suspended for the last three days due to foggy conditions.
The official said the visibility in the morning was just 300-400 metres.
Hardline Hurriyat Conference on Wednesday appointed Syed Ali Shah Geelani as its lifetime chairman while restructuring the separatist amalgam to accommodate leaders who defected recently from the rival faction headed by Mirwaiz Umar Farooq.
Air traffic to and from Srinagar international airport was hit for the third day running today due to foggy weather.
This 'Sumita Vijayan' is one whose photo had been mistakenly used by media outlets for the pilot of the same name who died in the helicopter crash.
A Pakistani flag was hoisted on the ancestral house of J&K CM Mufti Mohammad Sayeed in Bijbehara area to protest the killing of three Hizbul Mujahideen militants on Monday.
A group of heavily-armed Pakistan-backed terrorists attacked an army post at Tangdhar near Line of Control LoC in the wee hours of Wednesday.
- Watch: Amateur footage of a boy falling from Mumbai local train
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- ISI agent arrested by STF in Uttar Pradesh
- Prashant Bhushan ridicules Arvind Kejriwal's Janlokpal
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Syed Ahmed Bukhari takes a jibe at Azam Khan
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Is Arvind Kejriwal deceiving people by diluting the clauses of Jan Lokpal?
- The 'struggle' of Kashimiri Pandits
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Turkey: Prominent human rights activist killed in attack
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler
- A good beginning: Govt on meet between PM Modi, Sonia over GST Bill
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sunny Leone's 'Baby Doll' in 'Mastizaade'?
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- See inside: Gorgeous Kajol, Kareena, Alia on Vogue cover!
- No protest against Modi, he is our PM: Jamia's media co-ordinator on convocation row
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos – Players to watch out for