Pakistani troops on Tuesday violated the ceasefire again by firing on forward posts along the Line of Control (LoC) in Poonch district, leaving a jawan injured.
Jammu And Kashmir News
Two youths, who were found roaming under suspicious circumstances in Poonch and Jammu districts in separate incidents, were held by security forces.
The seventh batch comprising 2,614 pilgrims on Tuesday left from Bhagwati Nagarbase camp here to the cave shrine of Amarnath in South Kashmir Himalayas, a police official said.
Over 20,000 pilgrims on Monday paid obeisance at the holy cave shrine of Amarnath in south Kashmir Himalayas even as the Shri Amarnathji Shrine Board (SASB) released 8,400 slots to accommodate unregistered yatris as part of efforts to ensure peaceful yatra.
Asserting that the recent incidents of ceasefire violations were aimed at facilitating infiltration from across the border, J&K Deputy Chief Minister Nirmal Singh on day said that Pakistan was desperately trying to disrupt the annual Amarnath Yatra in the state.
Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Mufti Mohammad Sayeed congratulated the candidates from the state who qualified the UPSC civil services examinations, saying they will become role models for many aspiring students.
Jammu and Kashmir is likely to get a breather from the current spell of hot and humid air as local weather office Monday forecast rain in the state from Tuesday.
The Army has handed over an? 11-year-old boy from Pakistan-occupied-Kashmir (PoK) who had inadvertently crossed into this side of the Line of Control (LoC), to the Pakistani Army.
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) general secretary Ram Madhav on Monday said that the people of Jammu and Kashmir feel that they are an inseparable part of India, adding that the Central Government is planning major steps to develop the state.
A BSF trooper was killed overnight in Pakistan firing on the line of control (LoC) in North Kashmir's Kupwara district.
The Indian army has handed back a boy from Pakistani Kashmir who had inadvertently crossed the Line of Control (LoC), a defence official said on Sunday.
Pakistan has once again violated ceasefire in Arnia district of Jammu and Kashmir's RS Pura sector, reports claimed on Sunday.
Jammu and Kashmir Police has cracked a whip on the traffic violations by two wheeler riders and even asked fuel stations to deny petrol to bikers not wearing crash helmets.
Jammu and Kashmir Deputy Chief Minister Dr Nirmal Singh on Sunday said the government has ensured transparency and a corruption-free administration at all levels.
Nine candidates, including three women, from Jammu and Kashmir have qualified the prestigious UPSC Civil Service examination, the results of which were declared yesterday.
The changed face of militancy in the Kashmir Valley has led the Army to "completely review" its anti-infiltration and counter-insurgency strategies to tackle among other things the growing trend of youths, even educated ones, gravitating towards terror outfits.
The fifth batch comprising of 2,069 pilgrims today left from the base camp here to the cave shrine of Amarnath in South Kashmir Himalayas amid tight security.
The security forces conducted searches near the Line of Control (LoC) in Uri Sector of north Kashmir as the operation between the Army and the militants entered the third day on Sunday with no reports of fresh casualty on either side.
Another batch of over 2,200 Amarnath pilgrims left from here on Sunday for the Himalayan cave shrine in the Kashmir Valley.
The rail-link from Banihal to Katra, connecting Kashmir Valley with the rest of the country, would be completed by 2020, railway officials said here on Saturday.
A BJP MLA in Jammu and Kashmir on Saturday demanded that the Centre adopt a "proactive policy" and allow the army to carry out a Myanmar-type operation against the terrorist training camps across the LoC.
In a shocking incident, a woman was allegedly stripped naked by a gang of five persons, including an Army jawan, in Udhampur district of Jammu and Kashmir and the video of the incident uploaded on the internet, police said on Saturday.
Holding a protest rally here, activists of Jammu and Kashmir National Panthers Party (JKNPP) on Saturday accused the BJP-PDP coalition in the state of discriminating with the people of Jammu.
Another batch of around 2,000 pilgrims for the Amarnath Yatra left from here on Saturday for the Himalayan cave shrine in the Kashmir Valley.
The holy Amarnath Yatra is on the target of militants, a top Army officer confirmed on Saturday.
At least five guerrillas were killed when they tried to sneak into the Indian side of the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir, an official said on Saturday. A soldier too was killed in the gunbattle.
Opposition National Conference on Friday sought paradigm shift in developmental process and emphasised the need for devising separate plans for rural and urban pockets of the Jammu districts.
Police on Friday moved a local court seeking directions for blocking the pages on 'Facebook' which carried pictures of 11 young Kashmiri militants donning army fatigues and holding firearms.
Army on Friday foiled an infiltration bid in Uri sector of Kashmir, killing one militant, but one jawan also died in the operation.
Hailing Amensty International's recommendation for removal of controversial Armed Forces Special Powers Act (AFSPA) from Jammu and Kashmir, ruling PDP on Friday said it has vindicated the party's stand on the issue.
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Fast N Facts @7:30 pm
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- What is the truth behind Journalist Akshay Singh's death?
- DNA: Growing Russia-China ties a concern for India
- Vyapam scam: CBI probe only if courts intervene, says Rajnath Singh
- Arvind Kejriwal wants referendum on statehood for Delhi
- Waterlogging, traffic jams in Delhi after rains
- The mystery behind the deaths of Vyapam Scam continues- Part II
- Uddhav Thakeray hits out at BJP, says corruption visible everywhere
- ED issues summons to Lalit Modi in money laundering case
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Dalai Lama birthday celebrations draw support, protests in US
- OROP protest stays, meeting with Parrikar likely
- Pallavi Joshi resigns from FTII, lends support to students
- Vyapam scam: Vijayvargiya stokes controversy, says “Is a journalist bigger than me?"
- Bombs at mosque, restaurant in central Nigerian city kill 51
- Vyapam scam: Only courts can order CBI probe, says Rajnath Singh
- Unwed mother can apply for child's guardianship without father's consent: SC