'We feel that you need the extra five rupees more than we do since your government has so many expenses.'
You may not believe it this but this rare incident really happened at an examination centre in Jharkhand!
A man committed suicide in Jharkhand's Giridih district as a result of severe water crisis in the state, sources said on Wednesday.
Speaking on the occasion of National Panchayati Raj Day, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said on Sunday that according to Mahatma Gandhi India lived in villages and yet facilities there were not at par with cities.
The Jharkhand bandh coinciding with the Prime Minister's visit began today with stray incidents of violence reported in some areas.
Amid a shutdown called by the Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM), Prime Minister Narendra Modi will launch 'Gramoday Se Bharat Uday Campaign' on the occasion of 'Rashtriya Panchayati Raj Diwas' in Jharkhand on Sunday.
PM Narendra Modi will address the Panchayati Raj Sammelan at Jamshedpur in Jharkhand on Sunday amid a shutdown called by the opposition JMM.
Curfew was clamped in Hazaribagh and its surrounding areas on April 17 after two groups of people clashed.
BJP spokesperson Sudhanshu Trivedi questioned as to how could the Congress humiliate an entire community through the term "Hindu terror".
Former Jharkhand Congress president and Rajya Sabha MP Pradip Kumar Balmuchu on Friday stressed on unity among Opposition parties to defeat BJP in the next Assembly polls in the state.
Curfew was clamped in Hazaribagh and its surrounding areas on April 17 following a clash between two groups, who torched shops on the last day of Ram Navami festival.
Protesting against the state government's definition of domicile policy, the Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM) has called a statewide bandh on May 14.
Main opposition JMM on Tuesday called for a shutdown in Jharkhand state on May 14 to protest against the domicile policy.
In a major development, curfew was clamped in Jharkhand's Hazaribagh district on Sunday night after communal violence over Ram Navami processions snowballed into a major row.
What was more shocking is the fact that the delivery boy had refused to take it back, saying that she ate from the packet.
Twenty five people were on Friday arrested in connection with violence during Ram Navami procession yesterday at Shivandih as the curfew continued to remain in force in four police station areas of Bokaro with the authorities relaxing it for two hours in the morning.
A Class 10 girl student was attacked with acid when she was sleeping in her school hostel in Jharkhand's Giridih district, police said.
Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das today ordered a probe into the alleged police baton charge on journalists in Jamshedpur on Sunday.
Maoist guerillas are active in 18 of the Jharkhand's 24 districts.
Separately, four IEDs were recovered today by 219 Battalion of CRPF in Sukma district of Chhattisgarh, reports said.
Infrastructure major IVRCL, which has come under the fire after one of its flyover came crushing down several people on Thursday, is facing a CBI probe in Jharkhand.
The NHRC has issued notice to the Jharkhand government over the death of two Muslim cattle traders, whose bodies were found hanging from a tree in Latehar district earlier this month.
Raj Bala Verma, a 1983 batch IAS officer, was today appointed as the new Chief Secretary of Jharkhand.
Rajbala Verma, a 1983 batch Indian Administrative Service officer, has been appointed the new Chief secretary of Jharkhand, said an official statement.
A Jharkhand University professor has been suspended for allegedly inviting Delhi's Jawaharlal University (JNU) teacher to an event.
Jharkhand Congress MLA Bidesh Singh passed away following a heart attack at Medininagar, the headquarters of Palamu district.
A 23-year-old CRPF jawan, who allegedly raped a girl from his home town last year, has turned down her marriage proposal in exchange of withdrawal of case and has instead opted to go to jail, police said.
A group of burglars have stolen jewellery, cash and documents from lockers of a nationalized bank in Charhi Branch in Hazaribagh district, a senior police officer today said.
Former Jharkhand chief minister Babulal Marandi on Saturday dubbed as extremely unfortunate the Latehar incident where dead bodies of two Muslim cattle traders were found hanging from a tree and alleged that the ruling BJP was trying to disrupt the communal harmony in the state.
In another act of savagery, two Muslim men, who were herding their buffaloes on their way to market, were thrashed and killed by cattle-protection vigilantes in Latehar district here on Friday, report claimed.
- PM Modi's speech in Varanasi
- Obama mocks Donald Trump at his final White House Correspondents' dinner
- When will labourers' condition improve in India?
- PM Modi launches Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana in Ballia
- AgustaWestland chopper scam: When will CBI interrogate ministers?
- Real Estate Bill comes into force from May 1
- Uttarakhand forest fire spreads to remote hill areas
- Delhi-Faizabad Express derails in Hapur, UP
- Only 1% Indians pay taxes, shows Govt data
- How the war is affecting children in Syria!
- Vijay Mallya resigns from Rajya Sabha
- Will Sonia Gandhi answer RSS's claim of igniting riots in the country?
- DNA: Only 4% of Indian polpulation pays income tax
- Police arrest person accused of abducting woman in Bengaluru
- Uttarakhand forest fire: IAF's chopper MI-17 takes off from Nainital to drop water in affected areas - WATCH
- Inside pictures: Check out the best moments from Bipasha-Karan's wedding, reception
- See pic: NASA releases updated global map of Pluto!
- PM Narendra Modi launches 'Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana' on Labour Day, calls himself no. 1 labourer of India
- La Liga 2015-16: Barcelona beat Betis to remain top, Atletico, Real keep up pressure
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump calls California protesters 'thugs, criminals'
- Arvind Kejriwal questions PM Narendra Modi's qualification, report claims he scored 62.3% in MA
- WATCH: When Virat Kohli applauded David Warner's 'helicopter' shot during SRH-RCB match
- Uttarakhand forest fire: WATCH - How IAF's Mi-17 lifts water from Bhimtal lake to spray it over affected areas
- Priyanka Chopra attends White House Correspondents' dinner, gets clicked with President Obama
- AgustaWestland scam: Manohar Parrikar to place all details about deal before Parliament on May 4
- READ: Rohit Sharma's touching hand-written letter to fans on his 29th birthday!
- `Obama out`: President gets in final laughs with US media
- Rajdeep Sardesai's exit from Twitter: REVEALED - Actual reason behind the journalist's walkout!
- REVEALED: Outdoing Virat Kohli makes AB de Villiers 'proud' - Here's why!