The 12-year-old student was found dead on February 5 in the residential campus of Sapphire International School.
Five persons were killed and three others injured in a road accident at Tablapur in Seraikela-Kharswan district of Jharkhand today, police said.
Barely a few days after a boy was found dead in a water reservoir of a private school in Delhi, a similar case happened in Jharkhand's capital Ranchi.
A Maoist guerrilla was killed in a gun battle with police in Jharkhand's Khunti district on Wednesday, police said.
VHP has threatened to stage an agitation at all the district headquarters in Ranchi alleging that its workers were being targeted.
Chirag Da was the chief of the Military Wing of Poorvi Bihar and Poorvottar Jharkhand special rea committee.
The 13-year-old girl has told police that she was raped again by a security guard at a hospital.
Maoist guerrillas on Sunday set afire eight vehicles involved in construction work in Jharkhand's West Singhbhum district, police said.
At least seven policemen were killed and six others were injured in a Maoist land-mine blast in Chattarpur area of Palamu in Jharkhand.
Two policemen were killed and seven others injured when suspected Maoists triggered an IED blast on the Mohuadand-Japla road near Kalapahar of Palamau district.
The arrested duo are members of al Qaeda's sleeper cell and motivate youths of the steel city as well as other parts of Jharkhand to join and expand the organisation.
Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar on Saturday hoisted the largest tricolour in the country atop the tallest pole at Pahari Mandir in Ranchi on the occasion of birth anniversary of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose.
One person was lynched and two others beaten badly in Jharkhand's Gumla district on Friday after the local people accused them of raping and killing a minor girl on January 9, police said.
A Maoist 'sub-zonal commander', carrying a reward of Rs five lakh on his head, was arrested during a special operation in Palamau district, a senior police officer on Thursday said.
Ranchi railway station would have Wi-Fi facility for passengers by end of this month, a senior railway official said today.
A statue of Swami Vivekananda will be built in the middle of the Ranchi Lake in the Jharkhand capital.
The caller even threatened Madu Koda and said if he failed to pay the amount his only daughter would be kidnapped soon, as per Zee Media.
President Pranab Mukherjee will undertake a two-day visit of Jharkhand from Saturday, an official statement said.
An area commander of CPI (Maoists) involved in the attack on the convoy of BJP MP V D Ram before the 2014 Lok Sabha polls was on Saturday arrested here.
The 14-year-old girl, in her statement to the RPF, said that she had boarded the train from Howrah Junction.
Police said they have arrested one Army man, and the others will be arrested soon.
On December 20, two girls, aged 19 and 17 years, were gang-raped by a group of youths at a hilltop in Bariatu area of Ranchi. The medical report later confirmed rape.
Police said the two girls were abducted by six men in a car on Sunday evening when they had gone to buy something from the Bardman compound.
The Jharkhand government on Friday said there is no plan to ban liquor sale in the state.
Congress candidate Sukhdeo Bhagat won Jharkhand`s Lohardaga Assembly by-election, defeating BJP-backed AJSU candidate Niru Bhagat.
After eight out of a total 20 rounds, Congress candidate Sukhdeo Bhagat secured 27,824 votes.
The earthquake, with its epicentre at Deogarh in Jharkhand, was felt at around 8 am and lasted for a few seconds.
The final phase of polling, held in 41 blocks of the state`s 13 districts and involving a 29.76 lakh-strong electorate, began at 7 a.m. and ended at 3 p.m.
At least 13 people were killed when a Bolero car carrying them was rammed by a speeding Bhopal-Howrah train in Jharkhand.
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- Afzal Guru row: Why not action against supporters at JNU?- Part III
- Japanese student spotted cleaning garbage in Delhi
- Afzal Guru row: Why not action against supporters at JNU?- Part II
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?
- Afzal Guru row: Why not action against supporters at JNU?- Part IV
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Service chiefs, leaders pay tribute to Siachen hero Hanumanthappa
- BJP leader Visheshwar Ojha shot dead in Bihar
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Salman Khan hints at marriage plans; is Iulia Vantur the lucky girl?
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- 'Meri Pyaari Bindu': Get a slice of singer Parineeti Chopra – Watch video
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- All out for 0! Chasing 120 to win, team fails to score a single run in Kent indoor game
- Sania Mirza-Martina Hingis: World no. 1 pair notches up 37th straight win in Saint Petersburg
- Historic Jain temple demolished in Lahore to make way for metro train
- Situation remains tensed but peaceful at Bhojshala in MP, both groups offer prayers at disputed site