The villagers had taken the 20-year-old girl to the Gram Sabha, where the 'witch doctor' assured the villagers that he would cure the girl and started to beat her up badly, police said.
Security forces, deployed outside the tribal students’ hostels in Ranchi, Dumka as well as other parts of the state, have been instructed to keep the students inside the premises.
Afraid of an attack by a herd of elephants, residents of Loharatola village, nearly 40 km from Jharkhand capital Ranchi, have taken shelter in trees.
While six vehicles, including a bus and trucks, were torched in Dumka district, a truck and a dumper were set alight by the bandh supporters in East Singhbhum district.
Six suspected Naxals were on Wednesday killed in a gunbattle with CRPF commandos in the jungles of the Maoist violence-affected Latehar district of Jharkhand.
Jharkhand Governor Draupadi Murmu on Tuesday said the government should think 1,000 times before tabling any bill in the assembly.
The third working day of Jharkhand Assembly's winter session was also a wash out due to disruptions over the BJP government's move to amend two land acts formulated to protect the land rights of the tribals and indigenous people of the state.
In a bid to evade scrutiny, Naxals in Jharkhand are forcing elderly people to exchange their unaccounted money after demonetisation of Rs 1,000 and Rs 500 notes.
For the first time, CRPF has deployed a team of women commandos in anti-Naxal operations in Jharkhand.
Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das on Monday said his government's aim is to free the state from extremism and crime.
Security agencies in Jharkhand are on high alert and are keeping a close watch on moves by Maoist guerrillas to turn their unaccounted money, collected in the form of levy, into "white".
A Naxal-hit village in Jharkhand has celebrated Diwali in its "true sense" this year as electricity has reached here for the first time.
A private hospital in Ranchi is treating patients for free as the country grapples with a cash crunch post the demonetisation of 500 and 1,000 rupee currency notes.
A man was arrested for trying to deposit Rs 25 lakh cash belonging to a Maoist guerilla in a bank, police said on Friday.
Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das today urged Union Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu to name Hatia-Ernakulam Express after freedom fighter Bhagawan Birsa Munda.
Maoist leader Baleswar Oraon, who was carrying Rs five lakh reward on his head, has surrendered before the Jharkhand Director General of Police D K Pandey.
The state government has made elaborate security arrangements to ward off any unpleasant incident during Monday's shutdown.
The top bureaucrat reviewed work progress of drinking water and sanitation department and addressed DCs of all districts through video conferencing about private toilets.
The opposition leaders held a meeting on Friday and chalked out strategy for the rally and the shutdown.
Santosh Kumar Singh alias Santosh Bhokta, who has 14 cases against him, surrendered yesterday under a government programme.
A retired army doctor committed suicide by stabbing himself, while five of his family members were found dead in a flat here on Sunday, police said.
RJD chief Lalu Prasad on Wednesday slammed Prime Minister Narendra Modi for his silence over the killing of farmers in Jharkhand allegedly for grabbing land.
Meraj Khan was appointed as Samajwadi Party's Jharkhand unit chief by party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav today.
Four villagers were killed in a police firing in Jharkhand`s Hazaribagh district on Saturday, an officer said.
The Supreme Court on Wednesday will hear a plea filed by Rashtriya Janata Dal supremo Lalu Prasad Yadav challenging his jail sentence in connection with the mid-1990s fodder scam case.
Two Indian soldiers - killed in a terror attack in Uri in Jammu and Kashmir - were laid to rest on Tuesday in their natives villages in Khunti and Gumla districts of Jharkhand with full state honours.
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan today held a discussion on finer points to be included in BJP's Garib Kalyan Agenda with his Maharashtra and Jharkhand counterparts.
A top Maoist leader Ashish Yadav was killed in an encounter with Central Paramilitary Forces and police in Gumla district of Jharkhand.
The police on Saturday arrested six Maoist rebels and recovered arms and ammunition from Gumla district of Jharkhand.
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Demonetisation: Petrol pumps turn into cash counters
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation – Part II
- Pakistan International Airlines plane crashes near Abbottabad
- How has life changed since govt's demonetisation move?
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation Part II
- Jayalalithaa death shock killed over 70, claims AIADMK
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- DNA: Hindi named in top 10 most powerful languages in the world
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone cuts the price of 4G data by 50%
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- Jayalalithaa used to give tips on skin care - Apollo Hospitals' medical staff recall Amma's stay
- 'Mannargudi mafia' back in action? A common man can lead AIADMK, says Jayalalithaa's confidante Sasikala's husband
- SHOCKER: Bhuvneshwar Kumar floors umpire Paul Reiffel with 'wicketless' ball — WATCH
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Allahabad HC on triple talaq: Instant divorce is cruel, demeaning which impedes and drags India from becoming nation
- Parliament: Opposition agrees to debate demonetisation without division of votes
- Top Lashkar-e-Taiba terrorist Abu Dujana cornered by forces in south Kashmir?