'We feel that you need the extra five rupees more than we do since your government has so many expenses.'
You may not believe it this but this rare incident really happened at an examination centre in Jharkhand!
A man committed suicide in Jharkhand's Giridih district as a result of severe water crisis in the state, sources said on Wednesday.
Speaking on the occasion of National Panchayati Raj Day, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said on Sunday that according to Mahatma Gandhi India lived in villages and yet facilities there were not at par with cities.
The Jharkhand bandh coinciding with the Prime Minister's visit began today with stray incidents of violence reported in some areas.
Amid a shutdown called by the Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM), Prime Minister Narendra Modi will launch 'Gramoday Se Bharat Uday Campaign' on the occasion of 'Rashtriya Panchayati Raj Diwas' in Jharkhand on Sunday.
PM Narendra Modi will address the Panchayati Raj Sammelan at Jamshedpur in Jharkhand on Sunday amid a shutdown called by the opposition JMM.
Curfew was clamped in Hazaribagh and its surrounding areas on April 17 after two groups of people clashed.
BJP spokesperson Sudhanshu Trivedi questioned as to how could the Congress humiliate an entire community through the term "Hindu terror".
Former Jharkhand Congress president and Rajya Sabha MP Pradip Kumar Balmuchu on Friday stressed on unity among Opposition parties to defeat BJP in the next Assembly polls in the state.
Curfew was clamped in Hazaribagh and its surrounding areas on April 17 following a clash between two groups, who torched shops on the last day of Ram Navami festival.
Protesting against the state government's definition of domicile policy, the Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM) has called a statewide bandh on May 14.
Main opposition JMM on Tuesday called for a shutdown in Jharkhand state on May 14 to protest against the domicile policy.
In a major development, curfew was clamped in Jharkhand's Hazaribagh district on Sunday night after communal violence over Ram Navami processions snowballed into a major row.
What was more shocking is the fact that the delivery boy had refused to take it back, saying that she ate from the packet.
Twenty five people were on Friday arrested in connection with violence during Ram Navami procession yesterday at Shivandih as the curfew continued to remain in force in four police station areas of Bokaro with the authorities relaxing it for two hours in the morning.
A Class 10 girl student was attacked with acid when she was sleeping in her school hostel in Jharkhand's Giridih district, police said.
Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das today ordered a probe into the alleged police baton charge on journalists in Jamshedpur on Sunday.
Maoist guerillas are active in 18 of the Jharkhand's 24 districts.
Separately, four IEDs were recovered today by 219 Battalion of CRPF in Sukma district of Chhattisgarh, reports said.
Infrastructure major IVRCL, which has come under the fire after one of its flyover came crushing down several people on Thursday, is facing a CBI probe in Jharkhand.
The NHRC has issued notice to the Jharkhand government over the death of two Muslim cattle traders, whose bodies were found hanging from a tree in Latehar district earlier this month.
Raj Bala Verma, a 1983 batch IAS officer, was today appointed as the new Chief Secretary of Jharkhand.
Rajbala Verma, a 1983 batch Indian Administrative Service officer, has been appointed the new Chief secretary of Jharkhand, said an official statement.
A Jharkhand University professor has been suspended for allegedly inviting Delhi's Jawaharlal University (JNU) teacher to an event.
Jharkhand Congress MLA Bidesh Singh passed away following a heart attack at Medininagar, the headquarters of Palamu district.
A 23-year-old CRPF jawan, who allegedly raped a girl from his home town last year, has turned down her marriage proposal in exchange of withdrawal of case and has instead opted to go to jail, police said.
A group of burglars have stolen jewellery, cash and documents from lockers of a nationalized bank in Charhi Branch in Hazaribagh district, a senior police officer today said.
Former Jharkhand chief minister Babulal Marandi on Saturday dubbed as extremely unfortunate the Latehar incident where dead bodies of two Muslim cattle traders were found hanging from a tree and alleged that the ruling BJP was trying to disrupt the communal harmony in the state.
In another act of savagery, two Muslim men, who were herding their buffaloes on their way to market, were thrashed and killed by cattle-protection vigilantes in Latehar district here on Friday, report claimed.
- Delhi-Faizabad Express derails in Hapur, UP
- Only 1% Indians pay taxes, shows Govt data
- How the war is affecting children in Syria!
- Vijay Mallya resigns from Rajya Sabha
- Will Sonia Gandhi answer RSS's claim of igniting riots in the country?
- DNA: Only 4% of Indian polpulation pays income tax
- Police arrest person accused of abducting woman in Bengaluru
- Scientists find three Earth-sized planets orbiting dwarf star
- Kerala: Dalit law student brutally raped, murdered in Ernakulam
- Sony's new contact lens camera that can record video!
- AgustaWestland scam: CBI questions ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi
- New revelations in AgustaWestland chopper deal!
- Delhi: Diesel taxi drivers protest against ban
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam - Part II
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan legal spat: Sona Mohapatra slams Adhyayan Suman - Here's why
- Kangana Ranaut's deposition after lot of delay, drama, says Hrithik Roshan's legal team
- WATCH: Ugly spat between Harbhajan Singh, Ambati Rayudu during Mumbai Indians vs Rising Pune Supergiants match
- Congress may project Priyanka Gandhi or Rahul Gandhi as its CM candidate for UP polls 2017
- ISKCON pins hopes on PM Narendra Modi for Krishna temple in Moscow
- Body of murdered Kerala nurse to arrive home from Oman today
- Mario Miranda’s 90th birthday: Google honours cartoonist with an illustrative doodle!
- Planning to go trekking? Head to Uttarakhand – Here’s something new
- Arvind Kejriwal to visit Uttar Pradesh today
- Massive post poll violence in Malda, 4 TMC workers dead; Congress attacked them with bombs?
- Indian Premier League 9: More trouble for Rising Pune Supergiants as in-form Steve Smith flies back home due to wrist injury
- Bipasha Basu – Karan Singh Grover wedding: New photos of pretty bride and handsome groom
- French, US jet fighters destroy Islamic State site in Iraq
- Five years on, bin Laden doctor languishes in Pakistan jail
- Modi govt more active on grievance mails: Know how it is helping in improving govt schemes