Barely a few days after a boy was found dead in a water reservoir of a private school in Delhi, a similar case happened in Jharkhand's capital Ranchi.
A Maoist guerrilla was killed in a gun battle with police in Jharkhand's Khunti district on Wednesday, police said.
VHP has threatened to stage an agitation at all the district headquarters in Ranchi alleging that its workers were being targeted.
Chirag Da was the chief of the Military Wing of Poorvi Bihar and Poorvottar Jharkhand special rea committee.
The 13-year-old girl has told police that she was raped again by a security guard at a hospital.
Maoist guerrillas on Sunday set afire eight vehicles involved in construction work in Jharkhand's West Singhbhum district, police said.
At least seven policemen were killed and six others were injured in a Maoist land-mine blast in Chattarpur area of Palamu in Jharkhand.
Two policemen were killed and seven others injured when suspected Maoists triggered an IED blast on the Mohuadand-Japla road near Kalapahar of Palamau district.
The arrested duo are members of al Qaeda's sleeper cell and motivate youths of the steel city as well as other parts of Jharkhand to join and expand the organisation.
Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar on Saturday hoisted the largest tricolour in the country atop the tallest pole at Pahari Mandir in Ranchi on the occasion of birth anniversary of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose.
One person was lynched and two others beaten badly in Jharkhand's Gumla district on Friday after the local people accused them of raping and killing a minor girl on January 9, police said.
A Maoist 'sub-zonal commander', carrying a reward of Rs five lakh on his head, was arrested during a special operation in Palamau district, a senior police officer on Thursday said.
Ranchi railway station would have Wi-Fi facility for passengers by end of this month, a senior railway official said today.
A statue of Swami Vivekananda will be built in the middle of the Ranchi Lake in the Jharkhand capital.
The caller even threatened Madu Koda and said if he failed to pay the amount his only daughter would be kidnapped soon, as per Zee Media.
President Pranab Mukherjee will undertake a two-day visit of Jharkhand from Saturday, an official statement said.
An area commander of CPI (Maoists) involved in the attack on the convoy of BJP MP V D Ram before the 2014 Lok Sabha polls was on Saturday arrested here.
The 14-year-old girl, in her statement to the RPF, said that she had boarded the train from Howrah Junction.
Police said they have arrested one Army man, and the others will be arrested soon.
On December 20, two girls, aged 19 and 17 years, were gang-raped by a group of youths at a hilltop in Bariatu area of Ranchi. The medical report later confirmed rape.
Police said the two girls were abducted by six men in a car on Sunday evening when they had gone to buy something from the Bardman compound.
The Jharkhand government on Friday said there is no plan to ban liquor sale in the state.
Congress candidate Sukhdeo Bhagat won Jharkhand`s Lohardaga Assembly by-election, defeating BJP-backed AJSU candidate Niru Bhagat.
After eight out of a total 20 rounds, Congress candidate Sukhdeo Bhagat secured 27,824 votes.
The earthquake, with its epicentre at Deogarh in Jharkhand, was felt at around 8 am and lasted for a few seconds.
The final phase of polling, held in 41 blocks of the state`s 13 districts and involving a 29.76 lakh-strong electorate, began at 7 a.m. and ended at 3 p.m.
At least 13 people were killed when a Bolero car carrying them was rammed by a speeding Bhopal-Howrah train in Jharkhand.
As per details available, Das was delivering a speech at a function when a sub-divisional magistrate walked past him.
The NHAI officials have alleged that the leaders ransacked the NHAI office during a dharna.
Additional Chief Secretary and in-charge of the Cabinet department NN Pandey told reporters here that the decision was taken in a cabinet meeting chaired by Chief Minister Raghubar Das.
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- Panel discussion over rights of Muslim women
- Five students in Agra invent cycle that runs on fuel
- DNA: How passengers risk their lives while travelling by train - Part II
- DNA: How passengers risk their lives while travelling by train
- Bus falls into river in Gujarat's Navsari; 15 students reported dead
- DNA: Analysis of deaths in road accidents in year 2014
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- DNA: Today in History | February 5, 2016
- Panel discussion over rights of Muslim women - Part III
- Panel discussion over rights of Muslim women - Part II
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- International Fleet Review in Bay of Bengal
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India
- Earthquake of 5.2 magnitude jolts Nepal, 15 hurt; tremors felt in Bihar
- Rags to riches: Bihar welder's son bags Rs 1 crore job offer with Microsoft
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Indian Premier League: List of players bought by franchises at Saturday's auction
- Will teach a lesson to mastermind of Pathankot airbase attack, says Parrikar
- At least 37 dead as bus plunges into river in Gujarat
- Indian cricketers are getting married in Twenty20 mode
- Caught-on-camera: Most horrifying, deadly snake bites on human – Watch video
- Hafiz Saeed warns India over Kashmir, says it would have to pay heavy price