The Monsoon Session of the Jharkhand Legislative Assembly will begin from August 21, an official said on Tuesday.
A Naxal leader, who was allegedly involved in an attack on a police party in Jharkhand's Chatra last December, has been arrested by Delhi Police's Special Cell.
A well-known real estate developer of the steel city was shot dead by unidentified assailants near Jubilee Park gate in Bistupur area here today, a senior police officer said.
Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das today ordered suspension of Garhwa district deputy Development Commissioner Uma Shankar Prasad, an official release said here.
At least seven people were killed after a car travelling from Rourkela to Lucknow fell into Tajna River near Khunti in Jharkhand.
Two school children were killed and four others injured when a train engine rammed into their van at an unmanned railway crossing in Jharkhand's Lohardaga district on Thursday.
Jharkhand Pradesh Congress Committee (JPCC) on Sunday said education and health sectors were the worst affected sector in the state.
Jharkhnad Police have arrested a Naxal operative from Koderma district of Jharkhand on Sunday.
Curfew was lifted in the steel city on Saturday, barring the four riot-affected police station areas where it was relaxed from 5 am to 8 pm, after the situation become normal, officials said.
A Maoist leader, who was carrying a reward of Rs 15 lakh on his head, was today shot dead in an encounter with police, while another was arrested in this district.
Maoists torched 30 vehicles of the Central Coalfield Limited (CCL) engaged in mining work in Jharkhand`s Bokaro district, police said on Saturday.
The East Singhbhum district administration Friday relaxed curfew in Jamshedpur as the situation was peaceful with security forces keeping vigil.
Two persons were arrested and a huge amount of gelatine sticks and ammonium nitrate were recovered from their possession in Dumka district in a raid.
Curfew continued for the third day in Jamshedpur, the hometown of Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das where communal clashes erupted on Monday, officials said.
Curfew was on Thursday relaxed for varying time periods today as no untoward incident was reported in the city which witnessed clashes between two communities on Monday.
In an embarrassment to the BJP-led government in Jharkhand, state Education Minister Neera Yadav paid floral tributes to former president APJ Abdul Kalam, who is alive and in the pink of health, at an event here.
He has been in power for six months, but it is still not clear when Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das will induct the 12th man in his cabinet.
With no major incident of violence reported in Jamshedpur, curfew was today relaxed for four hours, barring the affected places which witnessed clashes between two communities on an alleged incident of eve teasing.
Curfew was clamped on Tuesday in Jamshedpur after group clashes over an alleged incident of eve teasing at Mango area last night even as Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das appealed for peace.
The Jharkhand government on Tuesday ordered an enquiry into the clashes which took place between two communities last night in Mango area here over a teasing incident following which prohibitory orders under Section 144 CrPC were clamped.
A bandh called by the Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) Tuesday affected normal life in Mango area here where prohibitory orders under Section 144 of the CrPC have been clamped following a clash between two communities over an eve-teasing incident.
The Jharkhand government on Tuesday announced a combined reward of Rs 8.69 crore on the heads of 73 absconding Maoists and militants of the People's Liberation Front of India.
Jharkhand government tonight removed S K Choudhary from the post of Director of Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences following a Jharkhand High Court order.
Prohibitory orders under Prohibitory orderswere promulgated in Mango police station area of the city late tonight following a clash between the members of two communities over an eve-teasing incident, official sources said.
The personal secretary of Jharkhand Health Minister Ramchandra Chandravansi, who allegedly sought bribe of Rs 1 lakh from a doctor to revoke his suspension, was removed on Sunday on the directive of Chief Minister Raghubar Das.
Jharkhand opposition parties have sought dismissal of state Health Minister Ramchandra Chandravansi whose aide allegedly demanded Rs.100,000 as a bribe to revoke a doctor`s suspension.
BSF Director General DK Pathak on Saturday assured Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das that the Force would give Rs 20 lakh to the family of slain jawan Krishan Kumar Dubey, who was killed by Pakistani snipers in Jammu and Kashmir on July 9.
In an endeavour to stop human trafficking and trace the missing kids below 18 years of age, the police in Jharkhand`s Latehar district on the orders of IG (CID) Sampat Meena rescued four children and handed them over to their family members under `Operation Muskan`.
Criticising the Raghubar Das government's direction to take legal action against those interfering in government work, the Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM) on Thursday termed it as a "gag order" and demanded its immediate withdrawal.
Jharkhand police chief DK Pandey on Monday said one/third of the recruitment in the state police department would be reserved for women.
- Indian govt signs historic Naga peace accord with NSCN(I-M)
- DNA: How to identify fake currency notes!
- IAS Officer becomes victim of sexual harassment, posts her tale on FB
- Vyapam scam has destroyed future of young people in MP: Rahul Gandhi
- Speaker suspends 25 Congress MPs for 5 days from Lok Sabha
- AAP leader Somnath Bharti provokes anger for sexist comment
- DNA: Floods create havoc in different parts of India
- DNA: How this Mumbai family upholds its love for Sanskrit language!
- Government removes ban on all porn sites except child pornography
- Released Indian teacher Lakshmikant recollects ISIS experience
- Somnath Bharti kicks up row with 'beautiful women' remark
- DNA: Green Corridor helps transport heart 20 km in just 18 mins
- Tariq Khosa admits 26/11 Mumbai attacks planned from Pak
- Panel discussion: Speaker suspends 25 Congress MPs for unruly behaviour- Part II
- Three-storey building collapses in Thane, at least 4 dead
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- This is how Dr APJ Abdul Kalam looked when he was a kid!
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites
- 'Idiots are lined up at every step': Young IAS officer's fight against sexual harassment
- Which Kapoor does Katrina like the most besides beau Ranbir?
- After Ajmal Kasab, another terrorist captured alive in J&K's Udhampur; 3 hostages rescued
- Viral Video: When a 'Ghost' Got Killed, Almost!!!
- Power struggle in Taliban, Mullah Omar's son killed in Pakistan?
- England`s Eoin Morgan gets county rest ahead of Australia duty
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Indian envoy set to meet deaf-and-dumb woman Geeta in Karachi today
- India vs Sri Lanka: Can Virat Kohli's aggression lead to a Test series win after 22 years?
- Ex-FIA chief says 26/11 terror attacks were planned in Pak; India to raise issue at NSA meet
- Yakub Memon was executed because Tiger was not caught? NSA Ajit Doval refutes claim
- If clean cricket is priority, why not reveal names of 13 cricketers?
- Pakistan's lie nailed: Ajmal Kasab was a Pakistani, admits ex-FIA chief