The 12-year-old student was found dead on February 5 in the residential campus of Sapphire International School.
Five persons were killed and three others injured in a road accident at Tablapur in Seraikela-Kharswan district of Jharkhand today, police said.
Barely a few days after a boy was found dead in a water reservoir of a private school in Delhi, a similar case happened in Jharkhand's capital Ranchi.
A Maoist guerrilla was killed in a gun battle with police in Jharkhand's Khunti district on Wednesday, police said.
VHP has threatened to stage an agitation at all the district headquarters in Ranchi alleging that its workers were being targeted.
Chirag Da was the chief of the Military Wing of Poorvi Bihar and Poorvottar Jharkhand special rea committee.
The 13-year-old girl has told police that she was raped again by a security guard at a hospital.
Maoist guerrillas on Sunday set afire eight vehicles involved in construction work in Jharkhand's West Singhbhum district, police said.
At least seven policemen were killed and six others were injured in a Maoist land-mine blast in Chattarpur area of Palamu in Jharkhand.
Two policemen were killed and seven others injured when suspected Maoists triggered an IED blast on the Mohuadand-Japla road near Kalapahar of Palamau district.
The arrested duo are members of al Qaeda's sleeper cell and motivate youths of the steel city as well as other parts of Jharkhand to join and expand the organisation.
Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar on Saturday hoisted the largest tricolour in the country atop the tallest pole at Pahari Mandir in Ranchi on the occasion of birth anniversary of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose.
One person was lynched and two others beaten badly in Jharkhand's Gumla district on Friday after the local people accused them of raping and killing a minor girl on January 9, police said.
A Maoist 'sub-zonal commander', carrying a reward of Rs five lakh on his head, was arrested during a special operation in Palamau district, a senior police officer on Thursday said.
Ranchi railway station would have Wi-Fi facility for passengers by end of this month, a senior railway official said today.
A statue of Swami Vivekananda will be built in the middle of the Ranchi Lake in the Jharkhand capital.
The caller even threatened Madu Koda and said if he failed to pay the amount his only daughter would be kidnapped soon, as per Zee Media.
President Pranab Mukherjee will undertake a two-day visit of Jharkhand from Saturday, an official statement said.
An area commander of CPI (Maoists) involved in the attack on the convoy of BJP MP V D Ram before the 2014 Lok Sabha polls was on Saturday arrested here.
The 14-year-old girl, in her statement to the RPF, said that she had boarded the train from Howrah Junction.
Police said they have arrested one Army man, and the others will be arrested soon.
On December 20, two girls, aged 19 and 17 years, were gang-raped by a group of youths at a hilltop in Bariatu area of Ranchi. The medical report later confirmed rape.
Police said the two girls were abducted by six men in a car on Sunday evening when they had gone to buy something from the Bardman compound.
The Jharkhand government on Friday said there is no plan to ban liquor sale in the state.
Congress candidate Sukhdeo Bhagat won Jharkhand`s Lohardaga Assembly by-election, defeating BJP-backed AJSU candidate Niru Bhagat.
After eight out of a total 20 rounds, Congress candidate Sukhdeo Bhagat secured 27,824 votes.
The earthquake, with its epicentre at Deogarh in Jharkhand, was felt at around 8 am and lasted for a few seconds.
The final phase of polling, held in 41 blocks of the state`s 13 districts and involving a 29.76 lakh-strong electorate, began at 7 a.m. and ended at 3 p.m.
At least 13 people were killed when a Bolero car carrying them was rammed by a speeding Bhopal-Howrah train in Jharkhand.
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part III
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part II
- BJP leader Visheshwar Ojha shot dead in Bihar
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU
- Missing Army Captain Shikhar Deep found in Faizabad
- Tearful farewell to Siachen braveheart Lance Naik Hanumanthappa
- Titanic 2 - Replica of doomed ship to set sail
- Rahul Gandhi greeted with black flags at JNU
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Kiss Day' with these unique kisses!
- 4th ODI: South Africa vs England - Hosts win game by solitary wicket to level series
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Sanam Re movie review: Check out audience verdict on Pulkit Samrat, Yami Gautam starrer!
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- Muslim girl tops Ramayana exam with 93% marks, Mahabharata next target
- LeT chief Lakhvi`s son was gunned down by Indian troops in Kashmir: David Headley
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- India summons US ambassador on decision to sell F-16 fighter jets to Pakistan
- 94-year-old Alzheimer's patient kicked, slapped, tortured; video goes viral - Watch