Jharkhand Pradesh Congress Committee (JPCC) on Sunday said education and health sectors were the worst affected sector in the state.
Jharkhnad Police have arrested a Naxal operative from Koderma district of Jharkhand on Sunday.
Curfew was lifted in the steel city on Saturday, barring the four riot-affected police station areas where it was relaxed from 5 am to 8 pm, after the situation become normal, officials said.
A Maoist leader, who was carrying a reward of Rs 15 lakh on his head, was today shot dead in an encounter with police, while another was arrested in this district.
Maoists torched 30 vehicles of the Central Coalfield Limited (CCL) engaged in mining work in Jharkhand`s Bokaro district, police said on Saturday.
The East Singhbhum district administration Friday relaxed curfew in Jamshedpur as the situation was peaceful with security forces keeping vigil.
Two persons were arrested and a huge amount of gelatine sticks and ammonium nitrate were recovered from their possession in Dumka district in a raid.
Curfew continued for the third day in Jamshedpur, the hometown of Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das where communal clashes erupted on Monday, officials said.
Curfew was on Thursday relaxed for varying time periods today as no untoward incident was reported in the city which witnessed clashes between two communities on Monday.
In an embarrassment to the BJP-led government in Jharkhand, state Education Minister Neera Yadav paid floral tributes to former president APJ Abdul Kalam, who is alive and in the pink of health, at an event here.
He has been in power for six months, but it is still not clear when Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das will induct the 12th man in his cabinet.
With no major incident of violence reported in Jamshedpur, curfew was today relaxed for four hours, barring the affected places which witnessed clashes between two communities on an alleged incident of eve teasing.
Curfew was clamped on Tuesday in Jamshedpur after group clashes over an alleged incident of eve teasing at Mango area last night even as Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das appealed for peace.
The Jharkhand government on Tuesday ordered an enquiry into the clashes which took place between two communities last night in Mango area here over a teasing incident following which prohibitory orders under Section 144 CrPC were clamped.
A bandh called by the Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) Tuesday affected normal life in Mango area here where prohibitory orders under Section 144 of the CrPC have been clamped following a clash between two communities over an eve-teasing incident.
The Jharkhand government on Tuesday announced a combined reward of Rs 8.69 crore on the heads of 73 absconding Maoists and militants of the People's Liberation Front of India.
Jharkhand government tonight removed S K Choudhary from the post of Director of Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences following a Jharkhand High Court order.
Prohibitory orders under Prohibitory orderswere promulgated in Mango police station area of the city late tonight following a clash between the members of two communities over an eve-teasing incident, official sources said.
The personal secretary of Jharkhand Health Minister Ramchandra Chandravansi, who allegedly sought bribe of Rs 1 lakh from a doctor to revoke his suspension, was removed on Sunday on the directive of Chief Minister Raghubar Das.
Jharkhand opposition parties have sought dismissal of state Health Minister Ramchandra Chandravansi whose aide allegedly demanded Rs.100,000 as a bribe to revoke a doctor`s suspension.
BSF Director General DK Pathak on Saturday assured Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das that the Force would give Rs 20 lakh to the family of slain jawan Krishan Kumar Dubey, who was killed by Pakistani snipers in Jammu and Kashmir on July 9.
In an endeavour to stop human trafficking and trace the missing kids below 18 years of age, the police in Jharkhand`s Latehar district on the orders of IG (CID) Sampat Meena rescued four children and handed them over to their family members under `Operation Muskan`.
Criticising the Raghubar Das government's direction to take legal action against those interfering in government work, the Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM) on Thursday termed it as a "gag order" and demanded its immediate withdrawal.
Jharkhand police chief DK Pandey on Monday said one/third of the recruitment in the state police department would be reserved for women.
East Singhbhum District Congress Committee on Sunday demanded the district administration to install a bust in memory of the BSF jawaan, Krishna Kumar Dubey, who was killed in the Pakistani troops firing in Kashmir recently.
The body of slain BSF jawan, Krishna Kumar Dubey, who was killed at a border outpost in North Kashmir recently, was laid to rest at Parvati Ghat with state honour on Sunday.
Security forces today recovered a seven kg pipe bomb planted under the Ghori Ghat Main road in Chatra district, police said here.
Maoist forces struck in Chainpur in the Giridih region of Jharkhand on Friday morning, blowing up three government buildings.
BJP leaders in Jharkhand are unhappy over Chief Minister Raghubar Das' remark that the state has seen only corruption over the past 14 years.
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- PM Modi condoles APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- Former President APJ Abdul Kalam passes away
- DNA: Gurdaspur terror attack- As it happened
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Will India ever give befitting reply?
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- VVIPs, people pay last respects to Dr Kalam at his Delhi residence
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- Lata Mangeshkar mourns former President APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- The life and times of Dr APJ Abdul Kalam!
- India mourns the death of former President APJ Adbul Kalam
- DNA: How prepared is our police force to face terror attacks in future?
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam
- APJ Abdul Kalam: Not Hindu, Not Muslim – Death of an 'Indian'
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam ill – All That We Know At The Moment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30
- How APJ Abdul Kalam changed India: 10 most inspirational quotes
- APJ Abdul Kalam: This was his last moment...
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam - Life and Times