At a time when the government is vigorously advocating for toilets in every household in rural areas, a class 12 girl student from Dumka district in Jharkhand has committed suicide, after failing to persuade her parents to build a toilet at their residence.
BJP's national spokesman M J Akbar on Thursday won the Rajya Sabha bypoll from Jharkhand, defeating Haji Hussain Ansari of the JMM by 19 votes.
The stage is set for Rajya Sabha bypoll in Jharkhand on Thursday with six MLAs, who were facing disqualification charges for joining BJP after winning the assembly polls on JVM(P) tickets, being allowed to cast their votes.
Jharkhand High Court today rejected Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantrik) plea to restrict voting rights of six MLAs during tomorrow's Rajya Sabha bypoll as they had joined BJP after winning on JVM symbol in the December Assembly elections.
BJP candidate MJ Akbar and JMM nominee Haji Hussain Ansari are locked in a straight contest for the July 2 Rajya Sabha election in Jharkhand with the journalist-turned-politician weighing heavily on his opponent in the 82-member House.
A CPI (Maoist) operative who was allegedly involved in several Naxal-related incidents including the killing of Pakur district Superintendent of Police Amarjeet Balihar in 2013, was today arrested from Chatupara locality of Dumka district.
A local court today convicted two persons in connection with a murder commited in September 2009 in Govindpur area of East Singhbhum district of Jharkhand.
A CRPF jawan was on Thursday taken into police custody on charges of stabbing a youth to death near a temple in Medininagar under Medininagar Police station of Palamau district, the police said.
In a suspected attack by Maoists, ultras blew up a section of rail track in Jharkhand on Tuesday evening, leading to derailment of an express train.
The AJSU party, an ally in the NDA-led government in Jharkhand, on Tuesday demanded a SIT probe into the 1993 case of attack on a Ranchi-based doctor, hours after a local court sentenced two of its leaders to seven years in prison.
Three states of Goa, Odisha and Jharkhand have not submitted the latest action taken reports on steps taken to curb illegal mining even after a high level panel raised the issue in September last year.
Legislator Kamal Kishore Bhagat, a member of All Jharkhand Students Union (AJSU) - an alliance partner of the ruling BJP in Jharkhand - was sentenced to seven years of imprisonment by a Ranchi court on Tuesday, said a lawyer.
Jharkhand Assembly Speaker Dinesh Oraon will hold a court on July 3 to hear a petition of anti-defection filed by Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantrik) President Babulal Marandi against six MLAs for joining the BJP after the last Assembly elections.
BJP leader MJ Akbar and JMM's former minister Haji Hussain Ansari Monday filed nomination papers for the July 2 Rajya Sabha by-elections with only one year left for the term to end.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will lay foundation stone of National Agricultural Research Institute (NARI) on June 28 at Barhi in Hazaribagh district, Jharkhand.
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has nominated its national spokesperson MJ Akbar as the party's candidate for by-election to a Rajya Sabha seat from Jharkhand.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday extended birthday greetings to Droupadi Murmu, the first woman Governor of Jharkhand.
Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghuvar Das on Friday imposed a ban on the sale of thermocol plates with the move aimed at the promotion of leaf plates in the state.
A large quantity of explosives and 300 detonators, used in quarry, were on Friday seized from two motorcyclists at Tengadangal village in Pakur district, police said.
The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) on Thursday took suo motu cognizance of a media report that Prahlad Prasad, a rights activist, who was fighting against the damage being caused to the environment due to Tori Railway Siding Project, was murdered on June 15 in Jharkhand's Latehar District.
Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghuvar Das on Wednesday dubbed his Odisha counterpart Naveen Patnaik as a "king" and not a "sevak" of the people.
Police has detained the driver of an SUV and recovered seven sacks of detonators in Jharkhand.
An encounter between security personnel and Maoists in the bordering area of Naxal-affected Palamau and Latehar districts led to recovery of large quantity of detonators and live cartridges.
Police on Tuesday detained the driver of an SUV and recovered detonators from several sacks in the car near Jermundi police station in Dumka district.
An encounter between security personnel and Maoists was going on in the bordering area of naxal-affected Palamau and Latehar districts of Jharkhand, a senior police officer said.
The police have conducted a raid on a Maoist hideout and arrested three 'hardcore' rebels in Jharkhand's Khunti district.
A quintal of powder explosive have been seized by police from Maoist-hit Gumla district of Jharkhand.
Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das on Tuesday said that violence has no place in a democracy over the encounter of 12 Maoists by the police in Palamu district of the state last night.
Twelve Maoists were killed in a gun battle with security forces in Jharkhand's Palamu district on Tuesday when the insurgents were on their way to collect levy and threaten local contractors engaged in the bidi business, police said.
The CBI on Monday arrested JMM chief Shibu Soren's relative here for his alleged involvement in horse-trading in 2012 Rajya Sabha election from Jharkhand.
- Hema Malini injured in Dausa car crash
- 1,400 teachers with fake degrees resign in Bihar
- Telangana CM gets Rs 5 crore bullet-proof luxury bus
- Court clerk clears Rajasthan Judicial Service, becomes judge!
- DNA: Analysis of first SECC survey in eight decades
- AIB: Swatchh Bharat-Clean India reality check
- Telephone exchange case: CBI interrogates Dayanidhi Maran third time
- Why Bal Bharti School cancelled admission of 60 students?
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Now, another AAP MLA in fake degree row
- SECC will provide important input for policy makers: Arun Jaitley
- Aapke Sitare, July 2: Astro prediction for Aries, Taurus, Gemini and Cancer
- Aapke Sitare, July 3: Astro prediction for Aries, Taurus, Gemini and Cancer
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Nationwide mobile number portability from today!
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Facebook doesn't pose threat: YouTube
- Kerala student with 100% marks denied admission in Delhi University, approaches HC
- No intention to surround India in 'string of pearl' bases: China
- This dog in Madhya Pradesh got an Aadhaar card for itself
- Govt releases first Socio-Economic and Caste Census in 8 decades
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- MPs won't get hike in salary and allowances, govt not willing to accept proposals
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Copa America 2015: Argentina, Chile poised for classic finale