Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday launched the Mudra scheme in Dumka under which people can take loans up to Rs 10 lakh to start businesses.
- The PM lays emphasis on sanitation, says people needed to inculcate a habit of cleanliness in order to fulfil Mahatma Gandhi's dream of a clean India.
A teenage girl allegedly killed a 65-year-old man after he molested her and tried to rape her, police said on Thursday.
The BJP government in Jharkhand seems to have sidelined senior party leader and Lok Sabha member Karia Munda and is fawning on Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM) chief Shibu Soren ahead of Prime Minister Narendra Modi's Friday visit to the state.
A Bangladeshi national wanted in the 2014 Burdwan blast case in West Bengal was arrested on Tuesday by the Jharkhand Anti Terrorist (ATS) unit in coordination with the National Investigation Agency (NIA), police said.
Tension prevailed in this Jharkhand capital on Tuesday after beef was found at a temple four days ago following which a communal clash took place, forcing authorities to step up vigil and shut down schools.
Ranchi: Clashes between two communities and a shutdown were witnessed here on Saturday after a piece of beef was found in a temple.
Prohibitory orders under section 144 CRPC have been imposed in Ranchi city of Jharkhand following sporadic clashes between two communities at Manik Tola area under Doranda police station limits Friday night.
A legislator from the ruling BJP on Thursday sought to put his own party's government in a spot by demanding a vigilance probe into the finalisation of tender for the construction of seven primary health centres in Palamu region of Jharkhand.
As Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das expressed his resolve to root out witchcraft from the state, legislators cutting across party lines have backed the idea and suggested ways to uproot the medieval belief that claims innocent lives.
Nearly 3,000 daily wage and contract labourers went on a strike in Jharkhand from Tuesday, demanding preference in filling up around 600 posts in the state electricity board, an official said.
The security forces today recovered explosives during an anti-naxal operation in Sanya village of Garwah district, police said.
An eight-year-old girl was allegedly raped by a middle-aged man at Nirmal nagar here.
The Jharkhand cabinet on Tuesday gave its approval to the formation of an Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) in the state.
An 11-year-old-girl walked eight kilometers carrying her sick brother on her shoulders to reach a hospital in Godda district in Jharkhand.
A nine-year-old boy and his mother were run over and killed while his younger brother lost his hand at Sonua in West Singhbhum district on Sunday, police said.
A Maoist guerrilla was on Sunday arrested in a joint operation by police teams from Jharkhand and Bihar from a Ranchi hospital where he was undergoing treatment for malaria, police said.
Former Jharkhand chief minister Babulal Marandi has written to Prime Minister Narendra Modi seeking removal of the principal secretary of Chief Minister Raghubar Das till the conclusion of a probe against him in a medicine scam in Bihar.
A Maoist 'zonal commander' and four of his associates were on Saturday arrested from Rajpur jungles in neighbouring Chhattisgarh, a police officer said here.
Working overtime, Kahalgaon Super Thermal power project has exceeded the target of building toilets in school in four districts of Bihar and Jharkhand.
Former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh was "aware of everything" in the process of allocating a coal block to Naveen Jindal group firm, ex-Jharkhand Chief Minister Madhu Koda told a special court on Wednesday.
The Jharkhand High Court on Saturday took suo motu cognizance of a newspaper report and directed the state to give an assistance of Rs one lakh and facilitate better treatment to a minor rape victim whose father has to carry her physically to the nearest health centre for treatment.
Two Naxalites from the People's Liberation Front of India (PLFI) were killed in an encounter by joint security forces on Friday in Jharkhand.
Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das on Friday announced a three-member committed to look into the CSAT, ending the Opposition protests, which had demanded its withdrawal.
The domicile issue reverberated in the Jharkhand Assembly on Friday, with Fulchand Mandal of the ruling BJP claiming that Chief Minister Raghubar Das hailed from Chhattisgarh.
The tribal organizations today described the latest Census data on religion published by the Registrar General and Census Commissioner as "faulty and unauthentic" claiming it left out over 20 crore adivasis in the report.
A 25-year-old woman was killed and her husband and daughter were injured in an attack by her nephew, who suspected them of practising black magic at Goilkera in Jharkhand's West Singhbhum district, police said on Wednesday.
Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantrik) MLA Pradip Yadav on Wednesday sat on a dharna in the well of the state assembly in protest against the speaker accepting the treasury bench's demand to expunge his comment on the recent arrest of a person from a train in Ranchi district.
Congress MLA Badal on Tuesday demanded revocation of suspension of officials following the August 10 stampede in the temple town of Deogarh, which had claimed ten lives.
The Jharkhand Assembly on Monday witnessed stormy scenes as state Urban Development Minister CP Singh and Leader of Opposition Hemant Soren traded corruption charges.
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- UP: Time bomb found at Farukhabad Railway Station
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Does a corrupt govt influence the mindset of the youth?
- Indrani attempted suicide or big security lapse by jail authorities?
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- What is PM Modi's operation 'prism'?
- Watch: Today's top headlines @9:00 pm
- Panel discussion on votebank politics over Dadri lynching case
- Watch: Morning Headlines @ 10:30
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa - Statistical highlights
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- Dadri lynching: Local BJP member's son instigated crowd to attack Mohammed Iqlakh
- Did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Know what Farhan Akhtar’s TV show 'I Can Do That’ is all about
- Sachin Tendulkar, Rahul Dravid, Anil Kumble depose before Lodha Commission
- 2015 FIFA Ballon d'Or longlist leaked; Ospina in with Messi, Ronaldo but no Buffon: Report
- Know what happens to Aamir Khan after he eats Punjabi food
- Shashank Manohar formally elected as BCCI president
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!