Five persons were killed and three others injured in a road accident at Tablapur in Seraikela-Kharswan district of Jharkhand today, police said.
Barely a few days after a boy was found dead in a water reservoir of a private school in Delhi, a similar case happened in Jharkhand's capital Ranchi.
A Maoist guerrilla was killed in a gun battle with police in Jharkhand's Khunti district on Wednesday, police said.
VHP has threatened to stage an agitation at all the district headquarters in Ranchi alleging that its workers were being targeted.
Chirag Da was the chief of the Military Wing of Poorvi Bihar and Poorvottar Jharkhand special rea committee.
The 13-year-old girl has told police that she was raped again by a security guard at a hospital.
Maoist guerrillas on Sunday set afire eight vehicles involved in construction work in Jharkhand's West Singhbhum district, police said.
At least seven policemen were killed and six others were injured in a Maoist land-mine blast in Chattarpur area of Palamu in Jharkhand.
Two policemen were killed and seven others injured when suspected Maoists triggered an IED blast on the Mohuadand-Japla road near Kalapahar of Palamau district.
The arrested duo are members of al Qaeda's sleeper cell and motivate youths of the steel city as well as other parts of Jharkhand to join and expand the organisation.
Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar on Saturday hoisted the largest tricolour in the country atop the tallest pole at Pahari Mandir in Ranchi on the occasion of birth anniversary of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose.
One person was lynched and two others beaten badly in Jharkhand's Gumla district on Friday after the local people accused them of raping and killing a minor girl on January 9, police said.
A Maoist 'sub-zonal commander', carrying a reward of Rs five lakh on his head, was arrested during a special operation in Palamau district, a senior police officer on Thursday said.
Ranchi railway station would have Wi-Fi facility for passengers by end of this month, a senior railway official said today.
A statue of Swami Vivekananda will be built in the middle of the Ranchi Lake in the Jharkhand capital.
The caller even threatened Madu Koda and said if he failed to pay the amount his only daughter would be kidnapped soon, as per Zee Media.
President Pranab Mukherjee will undertake a two-day visit of Jharkhand from Saturday, an official statement said.
An area commander of CPI (Maoists) involved in the attack on the convoy of BJP MP V D Ram before the 2014 Lok Sabha polls was on Saturday arrested here.
The 14-year-old girl, in her statement to the RPF, said that she had boarded the train from Howrah Junction.
Police said they have arrested one Army man, and the others will be arrested soon.
On December 20, two girls, aged 19 and 17 years, were gang-raped by a group of youths at a hilltop in Bariatu area of Ranchi. The medical report later confirmed rape.
Police said the two girls were abducted by six men in a car on Sunday evening when they had gone to buy something from the Bardman compound.
The Jharkhand government on Friday said there is no plan to ban liquor sale in the state.
Congress candidate Sukhdeo Bhagat won Jharkhand`s Lohardaga Assembly by-election, defeating BJP-backed AJSU candidate Niru Bhagat.
After eight out of a total 20 rounds, Congress candidate Sukhdeo Bhagat secured 27,824 votes.
The earthquake, with its epicentre at Deogarh in Jharkhand, was felt at around 8 am and lasted for a few seconds.
The final phase of polling, held in 41 blocks of the state`s 13 districts and involving a 29.76 lakh-strong electorate, began at 7 a.m. and ended at 3 p.m.
At least 13 people were killed when a Bolero car carrying them was rammed by a speeding Bhopal-Howrah train in Jharkhand.
As per details available, Das was delivering a speech at a function when a sub-divisional magistrate walked past him.
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- UP: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Renowned Urdu poet Nida Fazli dies at 78
- IAF's latest weapon - 'Go/No-Go' pills!
- Now, Nashik farmers sell fresh grapes online!
- Mumbai: Mobile app to fight ISIS influence among youth across India
- Watch: Paraplegic Deepa Malik talks about her achievements!
- AIIMS hand over Divyansh's post-mortem report to Delhi police
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part IV
- Varanasi: Goons attack history-sheeter outside Kashi Vishwanath temple
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- West Bengal: Car with Ministry of Defence plate seized in Burdwan, six arrested
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Anushka Sharma slaps ‘Sultan’ Salman Khan?
- `Would you sleep with me tonight?` - Drunk German asked TV reporter live on air: Watch
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Katrina Kaif’s views on ‘intolerance’ in the country - Here's what the actress said
- Irfan Pathan marries 21-year-old Safa Baig in low-key affair
- IRS website hacked by suspected Pakistani hackers, messages like 'Pakistan Zindabad' posted
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- IBPS clerk V mains exams results to be uploaded on official website soon; notification out
- 'Walking Up With Kolkata' – This video will make you fall in love with the City of Joy