Maoist leader Baleswar Oraon, who was carrying Rs five lakh reward on his head, has surrendered before the Jharkhand Director General of Police D K Pandey.
The state government has made elaborate security arrangements to ward off any unpleasant incident during Monday's shutdown.
The top bureaucrat reviewed work progress of drinking water and sanitation department and addressed DCs of all districts through video conferencing about private toilets.
The opposition leaders held a meeting on Friday and chalked out strategy for the rally and the shutdown.
Santosh Kumar Singh alias Santosh Bhokta, who has 14 cases against him, surrendered yesterday under a government programme.
A retired army doctor committed suicide by stabbing himself, while five of his family members were found dead in a flat here on Sunday, police said.
RJD chief Lalu Prasad on Wednesday slammed Prime Minister Narendra Modi for his silence over the killing of farmers in Jharkhand allegedly for grabbing land.
Meraj Khan was appointed as Samajwadi Party's Jharkhand unit chief by party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav today.
Four villagers were killed in a police firing in Jharkhand`s Hazaribagh district on Saturday, an officer said.
The Supreme Court on Wednesday will hear a plea filed by Rashtriya Janata Dal supremo Lalu Prasad Yadav challenging his jail sentence in connection with the mid-1990s fodder scam case.
Two Indian soldiers - killed in a terror attack in Uri in Jammu and Kashmir - were laid to rest on Tuesday in their natives villages in Khunti and Gumla districts of Jharkhand with full state honours.
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan today held a discussion on finer points to be included in BJP's Garib Kalyan Agenda with his Maharashtra and Jharkhand counterparts.
A top Maoist leader Ashish Yadav was killed in an encounter with Central Paramilitary Forces and police in Gumla district of Jharkhand.
The police on Saturday arrested six Maoist rebels and recovered arms and ammunition from Gumla district of Jharkhand.
National Human Right Commission (NHRC) has sought detailed report of illegal mining in three months from Jharkhand government.
NHRC Chairperson said that the allegations with respect to the fake surrender of innocent youth posing as naxals in Jharkhand were found to be prima facie true.
Additional Superintendent of Police of the Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB), Jharkhand, Anand Joseph Tigga was today killed in a road accident between Chandwa and Kudu on the Lohardaga-Latehar border.
The Bharatiya Janata Party on Wednesday appointed its Member of Parliament Laxman Gilua as the new Jharkhand unit chief after accepting the resignation of Tala Marandi from the post.
Amid the raging controversy over cow vigilantism, Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das today said those who consider India as their country should treat cow as their mother.
The Jharkhand Police on Sunday apprehended two people for possessing huge cache of explosives in Dumka district.
The Government of India has begun 'Zara Yaad Karo Kurbani' programme of Union government to pay tribute to various freedom fighters all across the country.
Members of Parliament from Jharkhand today gave a memorandum to Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh, requesting him to take initiative in increasing the total number of seats in Jharkhand Assembly from 82 to 150.
Woman swept away by strong currents of Bhairavi river.
The Supreme Court ruling disentitling former chief ministers of Uttar Pradesh from retaining government bungalows should also be implemented in Jharkhand, the Congress said on Monday.
The Jharkhand assembly witnessed disruptions for the fourth consecutive day on Thursday as the opposition targeted the government on a range of issues.
Opposition led by Congress and JMM Tuesday accused the ruling BJP of alleged coercion and threats in the recent biennial polls to the Upper House to get its candidates elected.
JMM leader Hemant Soren has lodged a complaint against police officer Anurag Gupta under the Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe (Prevention of Atrocities) Act, 1989, for using "humiliating words" against him.
Seventeen-year-old Sangeeta, who fled from her camp along with her lover, also a Maoist cadre, said that all the women in the organisation were sexually exploited by their seniors.
Rupesh, a tribal boy, was allegedly killed by the police on the suspicion of being a Maoist supporter.
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Ceasefire violation: 3 Pak soldiers killed in Indian retaliatory firing
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism - Part II
- Bangalore: Residents protest against proposed steel flyover project
- Battle for Mosul: Iraqi forces making advance ISIL stronghold!
- Beware of adulterated sweets during Diwali!
- Jammu: Pakistan violates ceasefire yet again in RS Pura sector
- UP: AMU professor dies after 6 hour wait for ambulance
- Two powerful earthquakes hit Italy, tremors felt in Rome
- DNA: Delayed ambulance service causes loss of professor's life in Aligarh
- DNA: Analysing the problems of traffic jam in India
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh
- Pinched by goods boycott-call, China warns India of impact on investments from its enterprises
- Home Ministry moves against Zakir Naik, calls IRF 'unlawful association', action soon
- Haryana's BJP government invites Arvind Kejriwal to golden jubilee celebrations; PM Narendra Modi will be chief guest
- Whole stadium erupts as local boy MS Dhoni steps on to Ranchi field against New Zealand – WATCH
- 'I will shoot Arvind Kejriwal' - Man calls up Delhi Police Control Room, threatens to kill Delhi CM
- Kangana Ranaut takes a dig at Hrithik Roshan, Priyanka Chopra!
- Fake currency notes: RBI asks people to accept Rs 500/1,000 notes only after careful scrutiny
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil movie tweet review