The Jharkhand High Court on Saturday took suo motu cognizance of a newspaper report and directed the state to give an assistance of Rs one lakh and facilitate better treatment to a minor rape victim whose father has to carry her physically to the nearest health centre for treatment.
Two Naxalites from the People's Liberation Front of India (PLFI) were killed in an encounter by joint security forces on Friday in Jharkhand.
Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das on Friday announced a three-member committed to look into the CSAT, ending the Opposition protests, which had demanded its withdrawal.
The domicile issue reverberated in the Jharkhand Assembly on Friday, with Fulchand Mandal of the ruling BJP claiming that Chief Minister Raghubar Das hailed from Chhattisgarh.
The tribal organizations today described the latest Census data on religion published by the Registrar General and Census Commissioner as "faulty and unauthentic" claiming it left out over 20 crore adivasis in the report.
A 25-year-old woman was killed and her husband and daughter were injured in an attack by her nephew, who suspected them of practising black magic at Goilkera in Jharkhand's West Singhbhum district, police said on Wednesday.
Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantrik) MLA Pradip Yadav on Wednesday sat on a dharna in the well of the state assembly in protest against the speaker accepting the treasury bench's demand to expunge his comment on the recent arrest of a person from a train in Ranchi district.
Congress MLA Badal on Tuesday demanded revocation of suspension of officials following the August 10 stampede in the temple town of Deogarh, which had claimed ten lives.
The Jharkhand Assembly on Monday witnessed stormy scenes as state Urban Development Minister CP Singh and Leader of Opposition Hemant Soren traded corruption charges.
The Jamshedpur Women's College has corrected its "inadvertent mistake" and removed the name of Chief Minister Raghuvar Das from a notice that had earlier said admission seekers in B.Com who failed to get seats in the college will get another chance following instruction of Das.
A large quantity of explosives, including RDX, was recovered from a passenger train at Kita station near here and one person was arrested, police said on Friday.
A two-member team of National Investigation Agency (NIA) on Tuesday visited the Sunday's blast site at Beldih here and collected samples, including pieces of steel from the spot.
A senior police official was injured, while his driver and a Maoist guerrilla were killed in a gun battle with a group of insurgents on Tuesday on the outskirts of the Jharkhand capital, police said.
Two Maoist guerrillas were arrested and landmines were recovered in different parts of Jharkhand on Monday, police said.
A low intensity bomb exploded in a dustbin at Beldih locality in Jamshedpur city on Sunday night, police have said.
A local RSS leader was on Sunday shot dead allegedly by suspected ultras near Gudijora in Khunti district, a senior police officer said.
Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das on Friday alleged the JDU-RJD-Congress pre-poll alliance for the Bihar Assembly elections "is forged on deceit, drama and arrogance" and asserted that their leaders will face a repeat of the 2014 Lok Sabha election results.
The death of 13 pilgrims in Jharkhand on Friday has pushed the number of pilgrims killed in the state in the last five days to 30.
Thirteen pilgrims, including six women, were on Friday killed and 11 others injured when a pick-up van carrying them collided with a speeding truck on the NH-33 near here.
A Jharkhand government official accused of misbehaving with a minor girl here is absconding, a police official said on Thursday.
Two Maoist operatives were arrested with arms and ammunition from Janumpidi under Murhu police station in Khunti district today, the police said.
Jharkhand government on Wednesday issued an order banning 'special darshan' at Baidyanath temple in Deogarh district till the end of month-long 'Shravani Mela', two days after ten devotees were killed in a stampede in the temple town.
A Jharkhand government official has admitted administrative failure in handling the rush of devotees at Deoghar that led to a stampede leaving 11 people dead.
A powerful land mine aimed at security personnel has been detected in Ghatsila subdivision of Jharkhand.
The Jharkhand government suspended four officials including the Deoghar deputy commissioner and police superintendent after Monday`s stampede in which 11 pilgrims were killed and over 50 others injured.
Jharkhand CM Raghuvar Das on Monday suspended Deoghar Deputy Commissioner and SP following the stampede that killed eleven people.
The Jharkhand High Court on Monday took suo motu cognizance of the Deoghar stampede in which 11 people were killed, as well as of the killing of five women by villagers after branding them witches.
Subsequent to being apprised of Jharkhand stampede situation by Chief Minister Raghubar Das, Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Monday instructed Home Secretary LC Goyal to send an extra RAF battalion to Deoghar for better crowd and security management.
Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das on Monday announced compensation of Rs two lakh to the kin of those killed in an early morning stampede at the temple town of Deogarh.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday expressed grief at the loss of lives in the temple stampede at Jharkhand's Deogarh district.
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- IPS officer stopped investigation of Sheena Bora murder in 2012
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Government releases list of 98 SmartCity; 13 cities of UP featured
- Watch: Morning Superfast @ 7am
- Peter Mukerjea knew Sheena was Indrani's daughter: Report
- India is the only external threat, says Pakistan military
- Sheena murder case: Indrani, Sanjeev, driver interrogated together
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- DNA: Is Sanskrit language losing its importance in India?
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Delhi sees sharp rise in number of deaths: Govt report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- NASA completes series of engine tests for next big rocket
- Sheena Bora and Mikhail had different fathers?
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Phantom movie review: Watch it for Saif Ali Khan!
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Rain plays spoilsport, India at 50/2 on Day 1 of 3rd Test against Sri Lanka
- The last SMS sent by Sheena Bora to Rahul Mukerjea
- Pakistan resorts to heavy shelling in Jammu; 3 civilians killed, 16 injured
- Seven natural ways to keep those extra kilos at bay!