Two school children were killed and four others injured when a train engine rammed into their van at an unmanned railway crossing in Jharkhand's Lohardaga district on Thursday.
Jharkhand Pradesh Congress Committee (JPCC) on Sunday said education and health sectors were the worst affected sector in the state.
Jharkhnad Police have arrested a Naxal operative from Koderma district of Jharkhand on Sunday.
Curfew was lifted in the steel city on Saturday, barring the four riot-affected police station areas where it was relaxed from 5 am to 8 pm, after the situation become normal, officials said.
A Maoist leader, who was carrying a reward of Rs 15 lakh on his head, was today shot dead in an encounter with police, while another was arrested in this district.
Maoists torched 30 vehicles of the Central Coalfield Limited (CCL) engaged in mining work in Jharkhand`s Bokaro district, police said on Saturday.
The East Singhbhum district administration Friday relaxed curfew in Jamshedpur as the situation was peaceful with security forces keeping vigil.
Two persons were arrested and a huge amount of gelatine sticks and ammonium nitrate were recovered from their possession in Dumka district in a raid.
Curfew continued for the third day in Jamshedpur, the hometown of Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das where communal clashes erupted on Monday, officials said.
Curfew was on Thursday relaxed for varying time periods today as no untoward incident was reported in the city which witnessed clashes between two communities on Monday.
In an embarrassment to the BJP-led government in Jharkhand, state Education Minister Neera Yadav paid floral tributes to former president APJ Abdul Kalam, who is alive and in the pink of health, at an event here.
He has been in power for six months, but it is still not clear when Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das will induct the 12th man in his cabinet.
With no major incident of violence reported in Jamshedpur, curfew was today relaxed for four hours, barring the affected places which witnessed clashes between two communities on an alleged incident of eve teasing.
Curfew was clamped on Tuesday in Jamshedpur after group clashes over an alleged incident of eve teasing at Mango area last night even as Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das appealed for peace.
The Jharkhand government on Tuesday ordered an enquiry into the clashes which took place between two communities last night in Mango area here over a teasing incident following which prohibitory orders under Section 144 CrPC were clamped.
A bandh called by the Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) Tuesday affected normal life in Mango area here where prohibitory orders under Section 144 of the CrPC have been clamped following a clash between two communities over an eve-teasing incident.
The Jharkhand government on Tuesday announced a combined reward of Rs 8.69 crore on the heads of 73 absconding Maoists and militants of the People's Liberation Front of India.
Jharkhand government tonight removed S K Choudhary from the post of Director of Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences following a Jharkhand High Court order.
Prohibitory orders under Prohibitory orderswere promulgated in Mango police station area of the city late tonight following a clash between the members of two communities over an eve-teasing incident, official sources said.
The personal secretary of Jharkhand Health Minister Ramchandra Chandravansi, who allegedly sought bribe of Rs 1 lakh from a doctor to revoke his suspension, was removed on Sunday on the directive of Chief Minister Raghubar Das.
Jharkhand opposition parties have sought dismissal of state Health Minister Ramchandra Chandravansi whose aide allegedly demanded Rs.100,000 as a bribe to revoke a doctor`s suspension.
BSF Director General DK Pathak on Saturday assured Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das that the Force would give Rs 20 lakh to the family of slain jawan Krishan Kumar Dubey, who was killed by Pakistani snipers in Jammu and Kashmir on July 9.
In an endeavour to stop human trafficking and trace the missing kids below 18 years of age, the police in Jharkhand`s Latehar district on the orders of IG (CID) Sampat Meena rescued four children and handed them over to their family members under `Operation Muskan`.
Criticising the Raghubar Das government's direction to take legal action against those interfering in government work, the Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM) on Thursday termed it as a "gag order" and demanded its immediate withdrawal.
Jharkhand police chief DK Pandey on Monday said one/third of the recruitment in the state police department would be reserved for women.
East Singhbhum District Congress Committee on Sunday demanded the district administration to install a bust in memory of the BSF jawaan, Krishna Kumar Dubey, who was killed in the Pakistani troops firing in Kashmir recently.
The body of slain BSF jawan, Krishna Kumar Dubey, who was killed at a border outpost in North Kashmir recently, was laid to rest at Parvati Ghat with state honour on Sunday.
Security forces today recovered a seven kg pipe bomb planted under the Ghori Ghat Main road in Chatra district, police said here.
Maoist forces struck in Chainpur in the Giridih region of Jharkhand on Friday morning, blowing up three government buildings.
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- Special: 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's case history
- DNA: A shattered Rameswaram waits to pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- SC rejects Yakub Memon's plea against death warrant
- Three-storey building collapses in Thane, six dead
- President Pranab Mukherjee rejects Yakub Memon's mercy plea
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- Heavy rains trigger floods, landslides in Gujarat and Rajasthan
- Watch: Fast N Facts @7:30 pm
- Dirty politics over a terrorist's execution; will this ever end?
- Yakub Memon files fresh mercy plea with President
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report
- APJ Abdul Kalam was just an ordinary scientist: Pakistan's AQ Khan
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed
- Serena Williams, Sania Mirza top WTA rankings
- Yakub Memon lawyer says 'no comments' when asked about Supreme Court's order
- ISIS preparing to attack India, readying for 'final battle': Report
- Mysterious white balls seen flying over Japan- Watch
- Salman Khan backs Ranbir Kapoor over 'flops'?
- Delhi HC issues show cause notice to ACB Chief MK Meena on AAP govt's contempt plea
- It's a canard that Kalam was reluctant to appoint Sonia Gandhi as PM: Manmohan Singh