The Jharkhand assembly witnessed disruptions for the fourth consecutive day on Thursday as the opposition targeted the government on a range of issues.
Opposition led by Congress and JMM Tuesday accused the ruling BJP of alleged coercion and threats in the recent biennial polls to the Upper House to get its candidates elected.
JMM leader Hemant Soren has lodged a complaint against police officer Anurag Gupta under the Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe (Prevention of Atrocities) Act, 1989, for using "humiliating words" against him.
Seventeen-year-old Sangeeta, who fled from her camp along with her lover, also a Maoist cadre, said that all the women in the organisation were sexually exploited by their seniors.
Rupesh, a tribal boy, was allegedly killed by the police on the suspicion of being a Maoist supporter.
A huge quantity of explosives was seized in Maoist-infested Dumka district of Jharkhand on Wednesday, police said.
The monsoon session of the Jharkhand assembly, scheduled to commence from Friday, is all set to be stormy with the opposition aiming to corner the government over a host of issues.
Acting on a tip-off that a big consignment of narcotics was being unloaded from a four-wheeler, a police team conducted a raid and searched a vehicle.
The Jharkhand Chief Minister urged Goel to ensure quick repair of machines following breakdown and deployment of adequate employees to ensure uninterrupted power supply during nights.
The 6 month-long programme culminated with the Grand finale held here Friday where a total of five teams presented their innovation ideas before the jury.
Vikash, who is second-in-command after top Maoist leaders Arvind Ji, in the state's naxal hierarchy, carried a reward of Rs 25 lakh on his head.
The Congress party in Jharkhand will raise the issue of custodial deaths and police atrocities in the state.
Reviewing the District Mineral Foundation Trust's activities here, he said priority should be given to those blocks having mines and then implement in entire district after preparing a scheme.
Very recently, Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das had exhorted students from Bihar to come to his state to pursue education.
Acting on a tip off that 20-year-old hardcore Naxalite Chota Vimal arrived at his native place in Dharampur, a police team along with Jharkhand Jaguar and SSB personnel conducted raid in the village and arrested him on Monday.
A paramilitary trooper was killed on Monday after a gunfight with Maoist guerrillas in Jharkhand, police said.
Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das on Monday appeared before local courts in connection with three cases related to violation of code of conduct during the 2009 Parliamentary and Assembly elections.
The Bharatiya Janata Party in Jharkhand faces an embarrassing situation because of state unit president Tala Marandi`s alleged role in the marriage of his son with a minor girl.
Maoist guerrillas killed two men, accusing them of being police informers, in Jharkhand's Giridih district on Sunday, police said.
The case was lodged by a government official under the Prohibition of Child Marriage Act.
The encounter took place when security personnel from CRPF were on an anti-Maoist operation in the LWE strongholds of the sub-division.
Jharkhand BJP president Tala Marandi's son Munna Marandi has been accused of sexually exploiting a girl for over two years and marrying another girl, a minor, this week.
A probe recently conducted by a local child development officer has revealed that Munna Marandi's wife could be just 11 years old.
This is the second major incident of killing in Ranchi district in 24 hours.
Jharkhand on Saturday demanded five battalions of Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) to combat Naxalism in the state.
Two lakh ration cards have been cancelled within the last two months in Jharkhand, in comparison to just 800 in the last three years.
Maoist guerillas are active in 18 of the 22 districts of Jharkhand.
The President has rejected the plea of the convicts-- Mofil Khan and Mobarak Khan.
At least 30 houses and 10 bikes were set afire and a number of houses looted in violence that erupted after a land broker was murdered on the outskirts of Jharkhand capital Ranchi, police said on Tuesday.
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security?
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part II
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part III
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part IV
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part V
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame?
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame? - Part II
- NADA likely to declare verdict on wrestler Narsingh Yadav's doping case on Thursday
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of obesity in India and its precautionary measures
- DNA: Analysis of obesity in India and its precautionary measures - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of conditions faced by Indian Army at Daulat Beg Oldi military base
- DNA: Analysis of conditions faced by Indian Army at Daulat Beg Oldi military base - Part II
- DNA: Today in History | July 27, 2016
- When Sushma Swaraj responded to a plea for help in chaste Haryanvi
- Karnataka bandh: KSRTC bus strike called off as state government announces 12.5% pay hike
- 7th Pay Commission: NPS funds earned more than PF in last six months
- Amitabh Bachchan celebrates 43 years of 'Abhimaan'
- Dibrugarh University MEE Result (www.dibru.ac.in) declared. Check ceemedu.org for Assam MEE 2016 result
- Full text of 7th Pay Commission Notification
- It's waste of time to say anything: Aditi Rao Hydari on link-up rumours
- Some objects found, need to verify if from AN-32: Manohar Parrikar
- AgustaWestland case: CBI focusing on the money trail of over 50 million euros
- Nearly half a million people affected by flood in Bihar
- BJP women leaders to protest in Lucknow against BSP
- GST bill to go to Cabinet soon to include compensation formula
- India orders four P-8I maritime spy planes from Boeing to check China's presence in Indian Ocean
- France church attack intensifies terrorism fear in Europe
- No control over SAI center and its activities, claims Haryana Sports Minister Anil Vij