The Supreme Court on Wednesday will hear a plea filed by Rashtriya Janata Dal supremo Lalu Prasad Yadav challenging his jail sentence in connection with the mid-1990s fodder scam case.
Two Indian soldiers - killed in a terror attack in Uri in Jammu and Kashmir - were laid to rest on Tuesday in their natives villages in Khunti and Gumla districts of Jharkhand with full state honours.
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan today held a discussion on finer points to be included in BJP's Garib Kalyan Agenda with his Maharashtra and Jharkhand counterparts.
A top Maoist leader Ashish Yadav was killed in an encounter with Central Paramilitary Forces and police in Gumla district of Jharkhand.
The police on Saturday arrested six Maoist rebels and recovered arms and ammunition from Gumla district of Jharkhand.
National Human Right Commission (NHRC) has sought detailed report of illegal mining in three months from Jharkhand government.
NHRC Chairperson said that the allegations with respect to the fake surrender of innocent youth posing as naxals in Jharkhand were found to be prima facie true.
Additional Superintendent of Police of the Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB), Jharkhand, Anand Joseph Tigga was today killed in a road accident between Chandwa and Kudu on the Lohardaga-Latehar border.
The Bharatiya Janata Party on Wednesday appointed its Member of Parliament Laxman Gilua as the new Jharkhand unit chief after accepting the resignation of Tala Marandi from the post.
Amid the raging controversy over cow vigilantism, Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das today said those who consider India as their country should treat cow as their mother.
The Jharkhand Police on Sunday apprehended two people for possessing huge cache of explosives in Dumka district.
The Government of India has begun 'Zara Yaad Karo Kurbani' programme of Union government to pay tribute to various freedom fighters all across the country.
Members of Parliament from Jharkhand today gave a memorandum to Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh, requesting him to take initiative in increasing the total number of seats in Jharkhand Assembly from 82 to 150.
Woman swept away by strong currents of Bhairavi river.
The Supreme Court ruling disentitling former chief ministers of Uttar Pradesh from retaining government bungalows should also be implemented in Jharkhand, the Congress said on Monday.
The Jharkhand assembly witnessed disruptions for the fourth consecutive day on Thursday as the opposition targeted the government on a range of issues.
Opposition led by Congress and JMM Tuesday accused the ruling BJP of alleged coercion and threats in the recent biennial polls to the Upper House to get its candidates elected.
JMM leader Hemant Soren has lodged a complaint against police officer Anurag Gupta under the Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe (Prevention of Atrocities) Act, 1989, for using "humiliating words" against him.
Seventeen-year-old Sangeeta, who fled from her camp along with her lover, also a Maoist cadre, said that all the women in the organisation were sexually exploited by their seniors.
Rupesh, a tribal boy, was allegedly killed by the police on the suspicion of being a Maoist supporter.
A huge quantity of explosives was seized in Maoist-infested Dumka district of Jharkhand on Wednesday, police said.
The monsoon session of the Jharkhand assembly, scheduled to commence from Friday, is all set to be stormy with the opposition aiming to corner the government over a host of issues.
Acting on a tip-off that a big consignment of narcotics was being unloaded from a four-wheeler, a police team conducted a raid and searched a vehicle.
The Jharkhand Chief Minister urged Goel to ensure quick repair of machines following breakdown and deployment of adequate employees to ensure uninterrupted power supply during nights.
The 6 month-long programme culminated with the Grand finale held here Friday where a total of five teams presented their innovation ideas before the jury.
Vikash, who is second-in-command after top Maoist leaders Arvind Ji, in the state's naxal hierarchy, carried a reward of Rs 25 lakh on his head.
The Congress party in Jharkhand will raise the issue of custodial deaths and police atrocities in the state.
Reviewing the District Mineral Foundation Trust's activities here, he said priority should be given to those blocks having mines and then implement in entire district after preparing a scheme.
Very recently, Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das had exhorted students from Bihar to come to his state to pursue education.
Acting on a tip off that 20-year-old hardcore Naxalite Chota Vimal arrived at his native place in Dharampur, a police team along with Jharkhand Jaguar and SSB personnel conducted raid in the village and arrested him on Monday.
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Indian Army kills 35 terrorists in surgical strikes across LoC
- DNA: Meet our highly trained surgical strike specialist 'Para Special Forces'
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Experts hail Indian Army's surgical strikes on Pakistan
- DNA: Analysis of terror launchpads and training organisations in PoK
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read
- Five reasons why Pakistan is denying India’s surgical strikes across LoC
- Punjab on maximum alert, villages near Pakistan border are being evacuated; additional BSF troops move in
- Nawaz Sharif condemns Indian aggression along LoC
- Pakistan postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out, new dates to be announced soon
- India carries out surgical strike across LoC: Updates
- Wait-listed? This new Railways policy will cheer you up - Must Read
- Baffled by India's surgical strikes, Pakistan violates ceasefire along LoC in Jammu and Kashmir's Akhnoor sector
- Full Details: How India's daredevil commandos hit inside Pakistan to avenge Uri