Additional Chief Secretary and in-charge of the Cabinet department NN Pandey told reporters here that the decision was taken in a cabinet meeting chaired by Chief Minister Raghubar Das.
The second phase of the thee-tier panchayat polls in Jharkhand on Saturday witnessed a record turnout of more than 74 percent voters, officials said.
The Jharkhand government on Thursday directed that no police personnel should be deputed at any police officer's place for housework.
JMM) on Sunday said it will make its "best efforts" in the next two days to convince UPA partners to field a consensus candidate for Lohardaga (ST) bypoll.
The Congress on Monday officially approved the candidature of Jharkhand PCC president Sukhdeo Bhagat to contest the December 14 bypoll for the Lohardaga (ST) Assembly seat.
Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das said the huge mandate indicated that the people were for development.
At least 16 contractual labourers were injured when an ammonia scrubber blew up during maintenance work in the Coke Plant of Tata Steel.
Doctors in Jharkhand went on a day-long strike on Saturday to protest the new leave system introduced by the state government under which the village-heads would be the granting authority.
Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das hit out at Sahitya Akademi award winners who returned their laurels.
The accused entered the victims' house and killed four members of the family over witchcraft on Saturday night.
Political leaders from all parties in Jharkhand, including Chief Minister Raghubar Das, are campaigning vigorously in the ongoing Bihar Assembly Elections.
Jharkhand's farmers, facing a drought situation, suffered another setback as a hailstorm on Thursday and Friday hit their vegetable and standing crops.
Jharkhand Food and Supply Minister Saryu Rai has slammed his own government over the law and order situation in Jamshedpur, the hometown of Chief Minister Raghubar Das.
The three-day RSS executive beginning on Friday is expected to adopt a resolution calling for a check in the "imbalance" of population growth.
The Jharkhand High Court today directed the state government to file an affidavit after the CBI expressed its inability to probe a case of some students allegedly turning in as Maoists to get benefits under the surrender policy at the instance of an organisation.
Violence marred Muharram processions on Saturday leaving one person dead and at least 12 injured in Jharkhand and Bihar while stone-pelting over use of a route for procession in Gwalior led to curfew in the area even as the observance passed off peacefully elsewhere.
The by-election for the Lohardaga Assembly constituency, which was scheduled to be held on November 21, has now been deferred in view of the Panchayat Election in the state to be held next month.
A local court on Friday sentenced 16 persons to life imprisonment for killing social activist Sister Valsa Joan in Pakur district four years ago.
A principal of a college was killed on Wednesday allegedly by a student following which the accused was arrested, police said.
A day after two security personnel were killed in a gun battle with Maoists in Jharkhand's Godda district, the militants blew up a government school in Latehar district early Sunday. Nobody was injured, police said.
A poisonous snake bit Nelson Toppo, Superintendent of Police (Rural) Shailendra Kumar Sinha said.
Four persons were killed when two vehicles collided on Khunti-Ranchi road.
Panchayat elections in Jharkhand will take place in four phases between November 22 and December 12, Jharkhand Election Commission chief Shiva Basant said on Thursday.
A local court today granted bail to Congress MLA Nirmala Devi, who was arrested at Ranchi on August 25, and 13 other accused in connection with the violence at NTPC's Pakri Barwadih coal mining project in Hazaribagh district.
Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM) on Monday said BJP government in Jharkhand has failed to attract investment during its last eight months of rule even as the World Bank ranked the mineral-rich state third in 'Ease of Doing Business for Make In India' programme.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday launched the Mudra scheme in Dumka under which people can take loans up to Rs 10 lakh to start businesses.
- The PM lays emphasis on sanitation, says people needed to inculcate a habit of cleanliness in order to fulfil Mahatma Gandhi's dream of a clean India.
A teenage girl allegedly killed a 65-year-old man after he molested her and tried to rape her, police said on Thursday.
The BJP government in Jharkhand seems to have sidelined senior party leader and Lok Sabha member Karia Munda and is fawning on Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM) chief Shibu Soren ahead of Prime Minister Narendra Modi's Friday visit to the state.
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Panel discussion on film director Ali Akbar's accusation on Madrasa
- Aamir Khan should learn from Baba Sahib Ambedkar, says Mayawati
- Jhansi's ammunition factory was target of ISI agents
- SC asks Govinda to apologise for slapping a fan in 2008
- DNA: Heart-wrenching story of Major Dhruv Yadav's family
- Parliamentary debate over alleged intolerance in India commences
- Exclusive: Piyush Goyal optimistic of reaching a deal at Paris climate summit
- Is Russia using white phosphorus on civilian areas in Syria?
- DNA: Meet Noor Jahan, who was praised by PM Modi in 'Mann ki Baat''
- 9th standard girl delivers baby in school washroom
- Intolerance debate continues in Parliament
- Paris Summit: Protecting our planet & nature is a priority for India, says PM Modi
- Paris summit: PM Modi pulls up rich nations on climate change
- Shiv Sena mouthpiece Saamna reveals list of Indrani Mukerjea's influential friends
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- Bigg Boss: When Kriti Sanon played Aishwarya Rai’s part to romance Salman Khan
- Media house attacked over derogatory cartoon in Maharashtra
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals
- WATCH: Pakistan vs England, 3rd T20: Complete highlights
- Priyanka Chopra’s sex scene from ‘Quantico’ goes viral – Watch video
- 'Someone' in Pak High Commission in Delhi was part of ISI spy ring?
- Shocking! Class 9 student delivers baby in school washroom
- Sonia Gandhi in US for regular medical checkup: Congress
- Shah Rukh Khan backs Aamir Khan on intolerance row, says he was misquoted
- Meet 'Iraqi Rambo' Abu Azrael; this 'Angel of Death' has killed over 1,500 Islamic State terrorists
- Filmmaker Ali Akbar was 'sexually abused in Kerala madrasa', says nobody speaks out of fear
- Spirituality: Chant this Ganesha Mantra on Tuesday to remove hurdles