A well-known real estate developer of the steel city was shot dead by unidentified assailants near Jubilee Park gate in Bistupur area here today, a senior police officer said.
Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das today ordered suspension of Garhwa district deputy Development Commissioner Uma Shankar Prasad, an official release said here.
At least seven people were killed after a car travelling from Rourkela to Lucknow fell into Tajna River near Khunti in Jharkhand.
Two school children were killed and four others injured when a train engine rammed into their van at an unmanned railway crossing in Jharkhand's Lohardaga district on Thursday.
Jharkhand Pradesh Congress Committee (JPCC) on Sunday said education and health sectors were the worst affected sector in the state.
Jharkhnad Police have arrested a Naxal operative from Koderma district of Jharkhand on Sunday.
Curfew was lifted in the steel city on Saturday, barring the four riot-affected police station areas where it was relaxed from 5 am to 8 pm, after the situation become normal, officials said.
A Maoist leader, who was carrying a reward of Rs 15 lakh on his head, was today shot dead in an encounter with police, while another was arrested in this district.
Maoists torched 30 vehicles of the Central Coalfield Limited (CCL) engaged in mining work in Jharkhand`s Bokaro district, police said on Saturday.
The East Singhbhum district administration Friday relaxed curfew in Jamshedpur as the situation was peaceful with security forces keeping vigil.
Two persons were arrested and a huge amount of gelatine sticks and ammonium nitrate were recovered from their possession in Dumka district in a raid.
Curfew continued for the third day in Jamshedpur, the hometown of Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das where communal clashes erupted on Monday, officials said.
Curfew was on Thursday relaxed for varying time periods today as no untoward incident was reported in the city which witnessed clashes between two communities on Monday.
In an embarrassment to the BJP-led government in Jharkhand, state Education Minister Neera Yadav paid floral tributes to former president APJ Abdul Kalam, who is alive and in the pink of health, at an event here.
He has been in power for six months, but it is still not clear when Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das will induct the 12th man in his cabinet.
With no major incident of violence reported in Jamshedpur, curfew was today relaxed for four hours, barring the affected places which witnessed clashes between two communities on an alleged incident of eve teasing.
Curfew was clamped on Tuesday in Jamshedpur after group clashes over an alleged incident of eve teasing at Mango area last night even as Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das appealed for peace.
The Jharkhand government on Tuesday ordered an enquiry into the clashes which took place between two communities last night in Mango area here over a teasing incident following which prohibitory orders under Section 144 CrPC were clamped.
A bandh called by the Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) Tuesday affected normal life in Mango area here where prohibitory orders under Section 144 of the CrPC have been clamped following a clash between two communities over an eve-teasing incident.
The Jharkhand government on Tuesday announced a combined reward of Rs 8.69 crore on the heads of 73 absconding Maoists and militants of the People's Liberation Front of India.
Jharkhand government tonight removed S K Choudhary from the post of Director of Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences following a Jharkhand High Court order.
Prohibitory orders under Prohibitory orderswere promulgated in Mango police station area of the city late tonight following a clash between the members of two communities over an eve-teasing incident, official sources said.
The personal secretary of Jharkhand Health Minister Ramchandra Chandravansi, who allegedly sought bribe of Rs 1 lakh from a doctor to revoke his suspension, was removed on Sunday on the directive of Chief Minister Raghubar Das.
Jharkhand opposition parties have sought dismissal of state Health Minister Ramchandra Chandravansi whose aide allegedly demanded Rs.100,000 as a bribe to revoke a doctor`s suspension.
BSF Director General DK Pathak on Saturday assured Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das that the Force would give Rs 20 lakh to the family of slain jawan Krishan Kumar Dubey, who was killed by Pakistani snipers in Jammu and Kashmir on July 9.
In an endeavour to stop human trafficking and trace the missing kids below 18 years of age, the police in Jharkhand`s Latehar district on the orders of IG (CID) Sampat Meena rescued four children and handed them over to their family members under `Operation Muskan`.
Criticising the Raghubar Das government's direction to take legal action against those interfering in government work, the Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM) on Thursday termed it as a "gag order" and demanded its immediate withdrawal.
Jharkhand police chief DK Pandey on Monday said one/third of the recruitment in the state police department would be reserved for women.
East Singhbhum District Congress Committee on Sunday demanded the district administration to install a bust in memory of the BSF jawaan, Krishna Kumar Dubey, who was killed in the Pakistani troops firing in Kashmir recently.
The body of slain BSF jawan, Krishna Kumar Dubey, who was killed at a border outpost in North Kashmir recently, was laid to rest at Parvati Ghat with state honour on Sunday.
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- DNA: Analysis on ISIS preparing to attack India
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Floods create havoc in several parts of India
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution-Part 2
- What is the mystery behind Lord Krishna temple in Nidhivan
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Fast N Facts @7:30 pm
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- India, Bangladesh enclave residents get freedom after 68 years
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Watch video: 164 skydivers form largest ever vertical formation, set new world record
- Osama bin Laden's family members reportedly killed in private jet crash in Britain
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub Memon's wife, sacked
- This is how Urdu media reported Yakub Memon's hanging
- ISIS horror: Militants gives 4-yr-old boy sword, tells him 'this is to kill your mother'
- India wants APJ Abdul Kalam on currency notes