BJP candidate MJ Akbar and JMM nominee Haji Hussain Ansari are locked in a straight contest for the July 2 Rajya Sabha election in Jharkhand with the journalist-turned-politician weighing heavily on his opponent in the 82-member House.
A CPI (Maoist) operative who was allegedly involved in several Naxal-related incidents including the killing of Pakur district Superintendent of Police Amarjeet Balihar in 2013, was today arrested from Chatupara locality of Dumka district.
A local court today convicted two persons in connection with a murder commited in September 2009 in Govindpur area of East Singhbhum district of Jharkhand.
A CRPF jawan was on Thursday taken into police custody on charges of stabbing a youth to death near a temple in Medininagar under Medininagar Police station of Palamau district, the police said.
In a suspected attack by Maoists, ultras blew up a section of rail track in Jharkhand on Tuesday evening, leading to derailment of an express train.
The AJSU party, an ally in the NDA-led government in Jharkhand, on Tuesday demanded a SIT probe into the 1993 case of attack on a Ranchi-based doctor, hours after a local court sentenced two of its leaders to seven years in prison.
Three states of Goa, Odisha and Jharkhand have not submitted the latest action taken reports on steps taken to curb illegal mining even after a high level panel raised the issue in September last year.
Legislator Kamal Kishore Bhagat, a member of All Jharkhand Students Union (AJSU) - an alliance partner of the ruling BJP in Jharkhand - was sentenced to seven years of imprisonment by a Ranchi court on Tuesday, said a lawyer.
Jharkhand Assembly Speaker Dinesh Oraon will hold a court on July 3 to hear a petition of anti-defection filed by Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantrik) President Babulal Marandi against six MLAs for joining the BJP after the last Assembly elections.
BJP leader MJ Akbar and JMM's former minister Haji Hussain Ansari Monday filed nomination papers for the July 2 Rajya Sabha by-elections with only one year left for the term to end.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will lay foundation stone of National Agricultural Research Institute (NARI) on June 28 at Barhi in Hazaribagh district, Jharkhand.
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has nominated its national spokesperson MJ Akbar as the party's candidate for by-election to a Rajya Sabha seat from Jharkhand.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday extended birthday greetings to Droupadi Murmu, the first woman Governor of Jharkhand.
Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghuvar Das on Friday imposed a ban on the sale of thermocol plates with the move aimed at the promotion of leaf plates in the state.
A large quantity of explosives and 300 detonators, used in quarry, were on Friday seized from two motorcyclists at Tengadangal village in Pakur district, police said.
The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) on Thursday took suo motu cognizance of a media report that Prahlad Prasad, a rights activist, who was fighting against the damage being caused to the environment due to Tori Railway Siding Project, was murdered on June 15 in Jharkhand's Latehar District.
Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghuvar Das on Wednesday dubbed his Odisha counterpart Naveen Patnaik as a "king" and not a "sevak" of the people.
Police has detained the driver of an SUV and recovered seven sacks of detonators in Jharkhand.
An encounter between security personnel and Maoists in the bordering area of Naxal-affected Palamau and Latehar districts led to recovery of large quantity of detonators and live cartridges.
Police on Tuesday detained the driver of an SUV and recovered detonators from several sacks in the car near Jermundi police station in Dumka district.
An encounter between security personnel and Maoists was going on in the bordering area of naxal-affected Palamau and Latehar districts of Jharkhand, a senior police officer said.
The police have conducted a raid on a Maoist hideout and arrested three 'hardcore' rebels in Jharkhand's Khunti district.
A quintal of powder explosive have been seized by police from Maoist-hit Gumla district of Jharkhand.
Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das on Tuesday said that violence has no place in a democracy over the encounter of 12 Maoists by the police in Palamu district of the state last night.
Twelve Maoists were killed in a gun battle with security forces in Jharkhand's Palamu district on Tuesday when the insurgents were on their way to collect levy and threaten local contractors engaged in the bidi business, police said.
The CBI on Monday arrested JMM chief Shibu Soren's relative here for his alleged involvement in horse-trading in 2012 Rajya Sabha election from Jharkhand.
Nineteen coal-laden wagons of a goods train derailed between Richuguta and Demu railway stations in Latehar district in the wee hours today, disrupting train services.
Union Minister Ramvilas Paswan on Saturday asked Jharkhand government to implement the Food Security Act in all the 24 districts simultaneously by September one.
Branding her as a 'witch,' a woman was today killed by a youth in Simdega district, the police said.
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket explodes minutes after Florida launch
- Aapke Sitare, June 29: Astro prediction for Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius and Pisces
- Tamil Nadu: Jayalalithaa launches first phase of Chennai Metro
- Beware of infectious diseases during rainy season!
- Fast N Facts @ 9 am
- Watch: Fast n Facts @ 4 pm
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 2 pm
- Pandal Politics: Shiv Sena slams Bombay High Court's order- Part 2
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Aapke Sitare, June 29: Astro prediction for Aries, Taurus, Gemini and Cancer
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA
- Arvind Kejriwal knew Jitender Singh Tomar possessed fake degree: Yogendra Yadav
- Delhi HC refuses to restrain Meena from entering ACB office
- AAP stages protests, demands resignation of four 'tainted' BJP ministers over alleged impropriety
- Protest in Bihar over lynching of school director
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa launches first phase of Chennai Metro via video-conferencing
- Lalitgate: Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje should quit, says RSS ideologue Govindacharya
- Tunisia terror attack: Have to counter ISIS' poisonous ideology, says David Cameron
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Solar plane takes off for Hawaii from Japan