The Supreme Court on Wednesday will hear a plea filed by Rashtriya Janata Dal supremo Lalu Prasad Yadav challenging his jail sentence in connection with the mid-1990s fodder scam case.
Two Indian soldiers - killed in a terror attack in Uri in Jammu and Kashmir - were laid to rest on Tuesday in their natives villages in Khunti and Gumla districts of Jharkhand with full state honours.
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan today held a discussion on finer points to be included in BJP's Garib Kalyan Agenda with his Maharashtra and Jharkhand counterparts.
A top Maoist leader Ashish Yadav was killed in an encounter with Central Paramilitary Forces and police in Gumla district of Jharkhand.
The police on Saturday arrested six Maoist rebels and recovered arms and ammunition from Gumla district of Jharkhand.
National Human Right Commission (NHRC) has sought detailed report of illegal mining in three months from Jharkhand government.
NHRC Chairperson said that the allegations with respect to the fake surrender of innocent youth posing as naxals in Jharkhand were found to be prima facie true.
Additional Superintendent of Police of the Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB), Jharkhand, Anand Joseph Tigga was today killed in a road accident between Chandwa and Kudu on the Lohardaga-Latehar border.
The Bharatiya Janata Party on Wednesday appointed its Member of Parliament Laxman Gilua as the new Jharkhand unit chief after accepting the resignation of Tala Marandi from the post.
Amid the raging controversy over cow vigilantism, Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das today said those who consider India as their country should treat cow as their mother.
The Jharkhand Police on Sunday apprehended two people for possessing huge cache of explosives in Dumka district.
The Government of India has begun 'Zara Yaad Karo Kurbani' programme of Union government to pay tribute to various freedom fighters all across the country.
Members of Parliament from Jharkhand today gave a memorandum to Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh, requesting him to take initiative in increasing the total number of seats in Jharkhand Assembly from 82 to 150.
Woman swept away by strong currents of Bhairavi river.
The Supreme Court ruling disentitling former chief ministers of Uttar Pradesh from retaining government bungalows should also be implemented in Jharkhand, the Congress said on Monday.
The Jharkhand assembly witnessed disruptions for the fourth consecutive day on Thursday as the opposition targeted the government on a range of issues.
Opposition led by Congress and JMM Tuesday accused the ruling BJP of alleged coercion and threats in the recent biennial polls to the Upper House to get its candidates elected.
JMM leader Hemant Soren has lodged a complaint against police officer Anurag Gupta under the Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe (Prevention of Atrocities) Act, 1989, for using "humiliating words" against him.
Seventeen-year-old Sangeeta, who fled from her camp along with her lover, also a Maoist cadre, said that all the women in the organisation were sexually exploited by their seniors.
Rupesh, a tribal boy, was allegedly killed by the police on the suspicion of being a Maoist supporter.
A huge quantity of explosives was seized in Maoist-infested Dumka district of Jharkhand on Wednesday, police said.
The monsoon session of the Jharkhand assembly, scheduled to commence from Friday, is all set to be stormy with the opposition aiming to corner the government over a host of issues.
Acting on a tip-off that a big consignment of narcotics was being unloaded from a four-wheeler, a police team conducted a raid and searched a vehicle.
The Jharkhand Chief Minister urged Goel to ensure quick repair of machines following breakdown and deployment of adequate employees to ensure uninterrupted power supply during nights.
The 6 month-long programme culminated with the Grand finale held here Friday where a total of five teams presented their innovation ideas before the jury.
Vikash, who is second-in-command after top Maoist leaders Arvind Ji, in the state's naxal hierarchy, carried a reward of Rs 25 lakh on his head.
The Congress party in Jharkhand will raise the issue of custodial deaths and police atrocities in the state.
Reviewing the District Mineral Foundation Trust's activities here, he said priority should be given to those blocks having mines and then implement in entire district after preparing a scheme.
Very recently, Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das had exhorted students from Bihar to come to his state to pursue education.
Acting on a tip off that 20-year-old hardcore Naxalite Chota Vimal arrived at his native place in Dharampur, a police team along with Jharkhand Jaguar and SSB personnel conducted raid in the village and arrested him on Monday.
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- IIT-Gawahati student develops a mobile app to monitor indoor air quality
- DNA: Analysis of Sushma Swaraj's UNGA speech targeting Pak and terrorism - Part II
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996 Part II
- Is PM Modi trying to enhance the image of Muslims in Indian politics? - Part II
- Is PM Modi trying to enhance the image of Muslims in Indian politics?
- Sushma Swaraj to expose Nawaz Sharif in UNGA today
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state
- Chennai road mishap: Seven more succumbs to injuries, death toll rises to 14
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- From Srinagar to Bikaner – Indian Air Force flexes its muscles along the western front
- Trouble for Subramanian Swamy, Delhi Police obtain sanction to prosecute BJP leader for inflammatory article
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- Shoe thrown at Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi during 'Kisan Yatra' in UP's Sitapur
- Did you know you’ve been charging your smartphone wrong?
- SHAMEFUL! 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans shouted during Congress rally organised for Uri martyrs? WATCH
- India vs New Zealand: Gautam Gambhir to replace injured Lokesh Rahul for 2nd Test at Eden Gardens?
- Must watch video! This is how young Indian envoy silenced Pakistan at the United Nations