The Congress party said on Saturday that the Karnataka government needs to prove to the court that there is no intentional disobedience involved in not releasing waters of the Cauvery river to Tamil Nadu, as the quantity of water available is not sufficient.
After the Karnataka CID gave a clean chit to former minister KJ George and two senior police officers in connection with the alleged suicide of Deputy Superintendent of Police MK Ganapathy, Chief Minister Siddaramaiah will reinstate KJ George as a minister in the Karnataka Cabinet on Monday.
Police said Ismail was about to reach his car after completing his Friday prayers at a mosque at Irvanadu in Sullia when miscreants attacked him.
Backed by an all-party meeting mandate, the state cabinet has decided to defer the release of water to Tamil Nadu.
The Karnataka Legislative Council on Friday unanimously decided not to release Cauvery water to Tamil Nadu, saying the water was needed for drinking purposes in the state.
A special session of both Houses of Karnataka legislature will be held today to take a call on the Supreme Court's direction to the state to release 6,000 cusecs of Cauvery water per day to Tamil Nadu.
In a move that may set the state on a collision course with the judiciary, a special session of both Houses of Karnataka legislature will be held on Friday to take a call on the Supreme Court's direction to the state to release 6,000 cusecs of Cauvery water per day to Tamil Nadu.
The Karnataka government which was trying to create a confrontation between the legislature and the judiciary on the Cauvery issue should be taught a strict lesson, said PMK founder S.Ramadoss on Thursday.
Siddaramaiah said the cabinet decided to convene the special session of the state legislature on September 23 in the backdrop of the apex court order.
The two main political parties in Karnataka – BJP and the JD-S – have decided to boycott that all-party meeting called by Chief Minister Siddaramaiah on Wednesday to discuss the future course of action on the issue of sharing Cauvery river water with Tamil Nadu.
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Wednesday urged the Karnataka Government to shed selfish interest and release Cauvery waters to neighbouring Tamil Nadu.
Supreme Court on Monday directed Centre to constitute Cauvery Water Management Board in four weeks
The Supreme Court will on Tuesday hear the plea on directions to both Tamil Nadu and Karnataka to take preventive measures in connection with a row over sharing of the Cauvery river water. Meanwhile, Section 144 has been imposed in Mandya's Sanjay circle ahead of the apex court's order.
Karnataka would challenge the Cauvery Supervisory Committee's Monday order to release more water to Tamil Nadu in the Supreme Court on Tuesday, said state Home Minister G. Parameshwara.
The Cauvery Supervisory Committee on Monday ordered the Karnataka government to release 3,000 cusecs of river water daily to Tamil Nadu between September 21 and 30, a senior officer said.
C Bhagya is the only woman among the 400-odd people arrested in connection with the Cauvery protests.
Even as the Cauvery Supervisory Committee is scheduled to meet in New Delhi on Monday to decide on the quantum of river water to be released to Tamil Nadu and other states, anxiety prevails in Karnataka over its outcome.
The Cauvery Supervisory Committee, which is to meet here on Monday to decide on the quantum of water to be released, is analysing the data given by Karnataka and Tamil Nadu and may defer its decision if the information provided is found to be "inadequate".
KJ George is a former Bengaluru Development and Town Planning minister.
After the accused pleaded guilty, Special Judge for NIA cases C Muralidhar Pai pronounced the verdict.
A 25-year-old youth who attempted self-immolation here on Thursday protesting against Karnataka's attitude towards sharing of Cauvery river water is in critical condition, police said.
Amidst tight security, police today foiled attempted rail blockades across southern Karnataka by angry mobs protesting against the state releasing the Cauvery river water to Tamil Nadu.
The Karnataka Public Service Commission (KPSC) has released the official answer key of the Group C exam.
The Puducherry unit of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Thursday announced its support to the bandh called by several tamil outfits here, Friday, to condemn the violence against Tamils in Karnataka in the wake of Cauvery row.
Heavy security has been put in place at the Mandya Railway Station as "Rail Roko" protest by Karnataka Rakshana Vedike is expected against the Supreme Court directive to Karnataka to release Cauvery water to Tamil Nadu.
Bengaluru limped back to normal life on Wednesday, making police lift curfew in all the affected areas two days after violence shook the country's tech hub.
In a bid to stop the violence in Karnataka and Tamil Nadu over the Cauvery water dispute, a Kanyakumari-based activist today moved the Supreme Court seeking direction to the two states to act against those who had indulged in protests.
Two days after violence shook Bengaluru in protest against Karnataka releasing more Cauvery river water to Tamil Nadu, the country's tech hub was back to normal on Wednesday.
Two days after violent protests against release of Cauvery river water to Tamil Nadu, Bengaluru is slowly limping back to normalcy.
Karnataka government on Tuesday decided to comply with Supreme Court's modified order to release 12,000 cusecs of water Tamil Nadu.
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- India signs Rafale deal with France to buy 36 fighter jets
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- BSF arrests Pakistani nationalist in Akhnooor sector
- DNA: How will Indian defense gain strength after multi-role combat aircraft Rafale?
- PM Modi addresses public meeting in Kozhikode
- BJP national council meet chaired by Amit Shah begins in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analyzing the pitiful condition of education system in India
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India? Part III
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India? Part II
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Meanwhile, Russian forces arrive in Pakistan for `Friendship 2016` joint military drill
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- Has Pakistan Army selected `targets` in India?
- 'Pakistan unreliable, diverting US aid money to ISI which is funding global terrorism'
- MUST WATCH: `Pakistan's motto is destruction of India`
- India attacks Pakistani camps, jihadis only in Bollywood films: JeM chief Masood Azhar
- Twitterati hails Modi's fiery speech against Pakistan
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali
- Congress blames Centre over Russia's military exercise with Pakistan