Kijazi said that his message to all African students is to “follow the law of country, live in harmony with local community and respect the leadership of the state”.
Taking cognisance of the alleged assault on and stripping of a Tanzanian student in Bengaluru, NHRC has issued notices to the Chief Secretary and the DGP of Karnataka government, seeking a report on the matter within two weeks.
Taking suo motu cognisance of media reports on the alleged stripping of a Tanzanian girl student and forcing her to walk "without her top" in Bengaluru on the night of January 31, the National Human Rights Commission on Friday issued notices to the Karnataka Chief Secretary Kaushik Mukherjee and Director General of Police (DGP) Om Prakash to submit a report within two weeks regarding the action taken in the matter.
The Bengaluru police on Friday suspended two constables for alleged negligence on duty and made more arrests in connection with the brutal assault on the 21-year-old Tanzanian student by a violent mob on Sunday.
Union Law and Justice Minister D.V. Sadananda Gowda on Friday said the attack on a Tanzanian student has come as an embarrassment for the nation and asked the Karnataka Government has to take some stringent measures in wake of the deteriorating law and order situation in the state.
The 21-year-old Tanzanian student, who was allegedly stripped, assaulted and paraded naked by an angry mob in Bengaluru, has claimed that the cops on duty did nothing to help her when she pleaded for help.
A Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) member is one of the five suspects arrested for assaulting a Tanzanian woman.
A high-level team from New Delhi, including the Tanzanian High Commissioner to India, will leave for Bengaluru on Friday in connection with the assault on a Tanzanian woman in the Karnataka capital.
A high-level team from New Delhi, including the Tanzanian high commissioner to India, will leave for Bengaluru on Friday in connection with the assault on a Tanzanian woman in the Karnataka capital.
Condemning the incident, the MEA spokesperson said that his ministry “will extend full co-operation in the investigation.”
According to the Bangalore police, the complaint by the Tanzanian girl was filed yesterday even though incident happened on Sunday.
The Karnataka government on Thursday said that it was seriously probing the brutal assault on a Tanzanian student while assuring full safety of foreign students staying in the state capital.
High Commissioner of Tanzania in India, John WH Kijazi, on Thursday said that the authorities in his country have written to the Indian government, demanding strict action against those who allegedly attacked and molested a Tanzanian woman in Bengaluru following a road accident.
Following the brutal assault on Tanzanian student in Bengaluru, Congress leader Rahul Gandhi has asked the Karnataka government to explain the incident.
Sushma Swaraj said that she had spoken to Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah and asked him to take stringent action against the guilty.
The unruly mob reportedly thrashed her and tore off her clothes when she protested and pleaded them to leave her alone.
Bride's family was left humiliated and insulted after the groom and his family members walked out of the wedding over 'badly' cooked rasam and sambar for the guests.
Over 100 ABVP members protested against Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi on Monday at Delhi University for “politicising” the suicide of Dalit research scholar Rohith Vemula.
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Sunday said he would write to Union Transport Minister Nitin Gadkari asking him to withdraw a clause from Central rules, which mandates Class 8 as minimum qualification for getting a driver's licence.
A youths' organisation have been denied permission by Karnataka police to hold the 'Kiss of Love' campaign in Shivamogga on Valentine's Day.
Not even in their wildest dreams, inmates could have imagined that they will get such a reward for their good behaviours.
Following a bomb scare, a Goa-bound aircraft was thoroughly searched here on Wednesday.
In an embarrassment to the Congress government in Karnataka, a minister has boasted about his role in the abrupt transfer of a senior woman police official for putting his call on hold on her mobile phone.
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal had undergone 12 days of naturopathy treatment at Jindal Nature Cure Institute in 2015 too.
"Police department in Bengaluru and in the entire state have identified more than 300 places as sensitive places," Karnataka Home Minister G Parameshwara told reporters.
In yet another incident of rising crimes against women, a 31-year-old woman techie was found murdered in her apartment in Bengaluru.
The CM poured a litre of water on the saree to convince himself that it was water-proof.
Union Minister DV Sadananda Gowda's nephew has been caught on camera assaulting bouncers at a bar in Bengaluru.
A video footage showing Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah slapping a man at an event in Ballari went viral on Saturday.
After hours of tension, the Benglauru police on Friday said a suspicious object thought to be a bomb by a local resident was only an abandoned bottle of Japanese wine.
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Taking a selfie may be more dangerous than fun!
- Hafiz Saeed warns of more Pathankot like attacks on India
- Mumbai: Transporter stabbed to death in Andheri
- Son of ex-Major General held in Goa for suspected 'terror links'
- North Korea attacks South Korea with poop-filled balloons
- Tanzanian girl beaten, stripped by mob in Bengaluru
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- Indian woman stuck in Germany refugee camp returns to India today
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- Budget Session to commence on February 23
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- DNA: Analysis on MCD Strike; BJP, AAP throws garbage at each other - Part II
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- Salman Khan’s surprise visit stuns Katrina Kaif, ‘Comedy Nights LIVE’ team – Watch
- Ranbir Kapoor-Katrina Kaif break-up: Who called up Neetu Kapoor for patch-up?
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- Son of retired Major General arrested in Goa for suspected 'terror links'
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- Ravindra Jadeja: Indian all-rounder to get engaged today
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- India will stand by Pakistan if it takes action against terrorists: Rajnath Singh
- Woho! Kapil Sharma to be back with new show