The Supreme Court on Wednesday reserved its judgement on maintainability on appeal of Tamil Nadu, Karnataka and Kerala against Tribunal's order of 2007 on Cauvery water row.
Gali Janardhan Reddy, once a powerful politician in Karnataka and mining baron, is in news again for spending a fortune on preparations for his daughter's wedding next month.
Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah has said that there is no water in the state's reservoirs.
Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah has been expressing his inability to release water to Tamil Nadu owing to poor storage.
A day after accusing BJP of raking up the Cauvery issue for electoral gains in Karnataka, DMK on Tuesday made a similar charge against the ruling Congress in the neighbouring state.
The Supreme Court on Tuesday directed Karnataka to release 2,000 cusecs of Cauvery water a day to Tamil Nadu till further orders.
The high-level central technical team, led by Central Water Commission chairman G.S. Jha on Monday submitted its report to the Supreme Court wherein it said the situation is "grim in Karnataka and Tamil Nadu.
The Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) and Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) staged a protest here on Monday against the police inaction post the killing of a sangh activist.
The brutal incident took place on Bengaluru's Kamaraja Road when Rudresh was returning home on a bike after attending a RSS meeting,
Watch this video and you wont stop laughing.
Several incidents of stone pelting were reported in parts of Belagavi in Karnataka following Dussehra festival celebrations leading to tension prevailing in the city, police said on Wednesday.
Karnataka is hoping for justice from the expert team, which studied the depleted water levels in the reservoirs across the Cauvery river basin in the state on October 7-8, Chief Minister Siddaramaiah said on Monday.
In Tamil Nadu, the high level central technical team led by Central water commission chairman GS Jha will visited Mettur Dam to begin its two-day assessment of ground realities.
More than protests, there is a need to create broader awareness about Karnataka and its concerns at the Centre and judiciary, Ananth Kumar said.
A team of experts, led by Central Water Commission Chairman G.S. Jha will arrive here on Friday to study the water deficit in the four dams across the Cauvery river in Karnataka, said an official.
At least three persons were killed and five others injured when an under-construction five-storey building collapsed here on Wednesday police said.
The Centre on Wednesday constituted a high-level technical team to visit the Cauvery basin area to assess the ground realities there.
At least four construction workers are feared trapped under the debris of a five-storey under-construction building, which collapsed on Wednesday, in Bengaluru.
Earlier in the day, the Apex Court asked Karnataka to release 2,000 cusecs Cauvery water per day to Tamil Nadu from October 7 to October 18.
Karnataka was on Tuesday directed to release 2,000 cusecs Cauvery water per day to Tamil Nadu from October 7 to 18 by the Supreme Court.
The Karnataka government decided to release water to Tamil Nadu and said it will follow orders on the Cauvery water sharing with neighbouring Tamil Nadu.
Veteran lawyer Fali S Nariman has declined to represent Karnataka before the Supreme Court in the case on sharing of the Cauvery river water with Tamil Nadu, said an official on Monday.
The resolution comes after the Supreme Court had warned the Karnataka of consequences if it fails to abide by its latest order to release 6,000 cusecs of Cauvery water to Tamil Nadu.
The Centre on Monday told the Supreme Court that it has no jurisdiction to direct it to set-up the Cauvery Management Board as it was just a recommendation of the Cauvery Water Dispute Tribunal and not binding on the government.
In a major setback to Tamil Nadu, the central government on Monday challenged the Supreme Court's recent ruling in which it had directed the Centre to constitute Cauvery Management Board.
The Karnataka Cabinet decided to call a special legislature session to discuss the release of Cauvery water to Tamil Nadu.
Karnataka's ruling Congress on Sunday issued whip to its lawmakers to attend the special joint session of the state legislature on Monday to decide on the Supreme Court order to release Cauvery water to Tamil Nadu.
The Karnataka government on Saturday called a special joint legislative session on Monday to discuss and decide on the Supreme Court's order to release Cauvery river water to Tamil Nadu from October 1-6.
In its review petition, the Karnataka government said it's a "grave miscarriage of justice".
Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah convened an all-party meeting in Bengaluru on Saturday to discuss future course of action after Supreme Court reprimanded the state for ignoring its order to release Cauvery water to Tamil Nadu.
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Delhi Police may arrest Kabaddi player Rohit over wife's suicide
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Today in History | October 21, 2016
- Why politics are provoking riots in JNU?
- Analysing the new revelations in Bermuda Triangle's mystery
- DNA: How to check the safety of Debit cards?
- DNA: Dr Subhash Chandra Show on how to build self confidence
- Circular issued to ban use of Mobile phones in Parliament
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh
- China's state media calls LeT 'Pak-based military group', downplays boycott call of Chinese goods in Indian markets
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- Sixteen-year-old West Bengal boy found with female sexual organs
- Hizbul recruits seen hugging, laughing in new video; Srinagar scribe quizzed over links with militants
- Rita Bahuguna Joshi joins BJP, blames exit on Rahul Gandhi, Prashant Kishor; Congress calls her 'traitor, migratory bird'
- China confirms deal for eight attack submarines with Pakistan; may be deployed in Arabian Sea
- Bipasha Basu looked like a doll on her first Karva Chauth