Investigation into charges of corruption in the Lokayukta office cannot be handed over to CBI unless the anti-graft body itself makes a request for it, Home Minister KJ George said on Wednesday.
Rain and thundershowers would occur at most places in Karnataka on Wednesday, the Met office said here.
With the onset of southwest monsoon in Karnataka on time, resulting in widespread rains across the state, sowing operations are in full swing for what could be a bumper kharif crop this year.
Karnataka Home Minister KJ George on Tuesday said that he has formed an SIT into the graft charges levelled against the state Lokayukta.
With the southwest monsoon weakening over Karnataka, rainfall would occur in only a few places in the state, a meteorological department official said on Tuesday.
News media, as the fourth pillar, protects democracy from being exploited used for individual gains, opined Dr. Subhash Chandra, Chairman, Essel Group and ZEE.
In the second case of suicide by a debit-ridden farmer in the district since last week, a 37-year-old man, slapped with a bank notice to repay his farm loan, allegedly ended his life, police said on Monday.
Karnataka government's 'Suvarna Gramodaya Yojana' was a "failure" as the overall development of each village was not achieved, the Comptroller and Auditor General of India has stated.
The Opposition on Monday turned the heat on the Siddaramaiah government on recurring farmers' suicides in Karnataka, accusing it of being "irresponsible" and "careless" in addressing the issues concerning peasants.
Six Nigerians have been arrested by the city police for allegedly cheating several people by luring them with throwaway price offers of expensive cars and mobiles phones through online ads.
Rejecting the demand by social activists to hand over the corruption case against some Lokayukta officers to CBI, Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah on Sunday said government does not have powers to do so as the institution is an independent anti-corruption body.
Opposition BJP and JDS are set to confront the Congress government on a host of issues, including farmers' suicide, as the monsoon session of Karnataka legislature begins here Monday.
Vehicular movement was affected in many parts of Dakshina Kannada (DK) district following heavy rains that lashed the region in the last two days.
Under scanner for alleged corruption by some of its officers, Karnataka Lokayukta has handed over all such cases to Central Crime Branch (CCB) for a probe.
Janata Dal (Secular) supremo HD Deve Gowda and former Karnataka chief minister BS Yeddyurappa on Friday met the family members of the farmer who committed suicide in the state`s Mandya district.
The whole of Karnataka, now covered by the southwest monsoon, will continue to get heavy rainfall, the meteorological department said on Friday.
Heavy rainfall, due to the south-west monsoon, will continue in Karnataka, the meteorological department said on Friday.
Elections to Bruhat Bangalore Mahanagara Palike, the city corporation, will be held on July 28, with the ruling Congress and BJP, now controlling the civic body, set for a prestigious battle.
Karnataka on Wednesday sought Rs 500 crore from the central government to expand infrastructure for the Swacch Bharat Mission in the state.
Justice Subhro Kamal Mukherjee has been appointed the Chief Justice of Karnataka High Court.
The Congress government in Karnataka on Wednesday pitched for making "Swachh Bharat" a centrally sponsored scheme, as it committed itself to make the state open defecation-free by October 2, 2018, a year ahead of the Centre's deadline.
Mandya district is on way to achieve cent per cent electrification soon, District Electricity Committee President and MP C S Puttaraju has said.
Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA) has apologised to Karnataka government for publishing a distorted map of India in an advertisement in a Malaysian magazine, showing part of Jammu and Kashmir and the North-East missing from it.
In a setback to Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa, the Karnataka government on Tuesday challenged in the Supreme Court her acquittal by the state high court in the illegal wealth case.
An advertisement carried in a Malaysian magazine allegedly by the Karnataka government has published a distorted map of India with parts of Jammu and Kashmir and the Northeast missing from it.
Five pilgrims were killed on Sunday when a huge tree fell on their moving vehicle near Karnataka's Madikeri town, police said.
Karnataka will join the world on Sunday to embrace the age-old discipline of yoga with a slew of activities ranging from physical, mental and spiritual exercises to mark the first International Yoga Day.
Most places in Karnataka are likely to experience rain and thundershowers on Saturday, the Met Office said.
The Karnataka Lokayukta on Friday filed FIRs against former chief ministers and BJP and JDS leaders BS Yeddyurappa and HD Kumaraswamy in an alleged illegal land denotification case.
University Grants Commission has de-recognised the Karnataka State Open University (KSOU), Mysore, for offering programmes through distance learning mode by "blatantly flouting the norms".
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with India's first NBA player Satnam Singh
- Bombay HC allows Nestle to export Maggi noodles
- Warning! Plastic rice from China now on sale in India
- Exclusive: Ravi Shankar Prasad talks about Digital India Programme
- Subhash Kapoor's Guddu Rangeela in the midst of the ‘Mata Ka Email’ song controversy
- DNA: Analysis of Dayanidhi Maran's illegal telephone exchange case
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with cast of 'Guddu Rangeela'
- DNA: Why India should not take credit for Satnam Singh's NBA achievement!
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Priyanka Vadra's Shimla land-deal information wrongly withhled?
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with Azhar who feeds poor daily in Hyderabad
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Shahid Kapoor and the women in his life
- Camera Day: Celebrate the art of photography and go click-happy!
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Congress furnishes new documents on Dholpur Palace ownership
- Japan bullet train suicide fire: Two killed after cardiac arrest
- Bangladeshi newspaper ridicules Indian cricketers with distasteful advertisement
- DU releases second cut-off, admissions remain open for most courses
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Bollywood gives thumbs up to 'Masaan' trailer!
- Digvijay Singh moves Supreme Court for CBI probe into Vyapam scam