Two men were arrested on Tuesday for alleged gang-rape of a 22-year-old call centre employee here at knife point in their moving van after they offered to ferry her home.
A call centre employee was allegedly gang-raped by two men in Bengaluru.
The police arrested Pradeep Gowda, nephew of Union Law Minister DV Sadananda Gowda, here on Saturday in connection with the Malekudiya hand chopping case.
Supreme Court has asked Abdul Nazir Maudany, a leader of Kerala-based Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and prime accused in the 2008 Bangalore serial bomb blasts cases, and Karnataka to provide complete information about the pending terror cases against him.
Hindu outfits Vishwa Hindu Parishad and Bajrang Dal on Wednesday demanded that the government should arrest rationalist Kannada writer K S Bhagwan for his "derogatory" remarks on Hindu Gods.
Normal life was affected in the IT city and other parts of Karnataka on Saturday following a 12-hour statewide bandh called by several pro-Kannada outfits demanding implementation of Kalasa-Banduri canal project, over which state government has locked horns with neighbouring Goa.
Normal life will be affected on Saturday across Karnataka in view of the 12-hour shut down call by several social outfits for getting water to three parched districts in the state`s northern region.
The Ganapati Visarjan festivities in Gulbarga district here turned out to be a watery grave for Mallikarjun, an employee of a private firm.
A man working as a hostel warden and priest has been arrested at Hubballi in north Karnataka for allegedly making threat calls to Karnataka Sahitya Academy for choosing rationalist free-thinker and writer KS Bhagwan for annual Honorary Awards for Lifetime Achievement for 2013.
A Special Investigation Team (SIT) of the Karnataka Lokayukta on Wednesday raided the houses of former state Minister and mining baron G Janardhana Reddy and seven others, including two legislators, in connection with alleged export of iron ore illegally from Belikere port.
Looking for possible links, Karnataka Police, probing the murder case of Kannada scholar MM Kalburgi, Tuesday questioned Sanatan Sanstha activist Samir Gaikwad arrested in connection with the murder of Communist leader and rationalist Govind Pansare here.
Senior Congress leader HR Bharadwaj on Saturday blamed "sycophants" in the party for appointing him as Kartanaka Governor soon after the 2009 Lok Sabha elections while he was the Union Law Minister.
Christian leaders belonging to various denominations of Karnataka region today submitted a memorandum to J R Lobo MLA, Chairman of the Legislature committee on the welfare of backward classes and minorities, seeking financial aid and other benefits from government for Christians to travel to Holy lands including Jerusalem, Bethlehem and Mount Sinai.
Aiming at overall economic development of the region, Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) today approved doubling of Hotgi-Kudgi-Gadag railway line, connection Mumbai and Bengaluru, at an estimated cost of Rs 2058 crore.
Allegedly upset with his wife, a man near here has punished his spouse by splashing her nude pictures across the town, reports said.
Congress-Janata Dal (Secular)-controlled city civic body BBMP has become the latest civic body to ban sale of meat within its limits on the day of Ganesha Chaturthi on September 17.
As much as 5.2kg gold valued at Rs.1.37 crore was seized from the baggage of an Indian passenger at the Bengaluru international airport on Monday, a customs official said.
Karnataka Government today expressed the state's inability to release Cauvery water to Tamil Nadu as it is "facing" the worst drought in over four decades and suggested that both the riparian states should go by the distress formula described in the final award by the Cauvery Water Disputes Tribunal.
Terming the Congress government in Karnataka as one in a "state of coma", BJP national vice President BS Yeddyurappa on Sunday said only its leaders Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi could awaken it.
Terming the Congress government in Karnataka as one in a "state of coma", BJP national vice President B S Yeddyurappa today said only its leaders Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi could awaken it.
Two passengers were killed and seven others injured when nine coaches of Mumbai-bound Duranto Express from Secunderabad derailed near here in Karnataka in the wee hours Saturday.
The Congress party on Saturday dubbed the train derailment in Karnataka as extremely unfortunate incident and said that the safety and security of passengers should be the government`s utmost priority.
At least two people were killed and several injured when Duronto Express derailed in Karnataka on Saturday morning.
With support from Janata Dal (Secular) and Independents, Congress on Friday clinched the coveted Mayor post as it edged out BJP by a slender three vote margin in the keenly contested city civic body poll.
Voting is being held on Friday for the high-stakes mayoral poll to the Bengaluru civic body.
Video footage of a teacher thrashing a student who has a fractured arm has gone viral on social media.
The 'Janapara Kriya Vedike' (a pro-people's organisation) has formed a fact-finding committee to probe the recent clash between Dalits and upper caste people at Huliwana village that broke out following an inter-caste marriage by two consenting adults.
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal has urged students to work with honesty and with a clear conscience to bravely face the challenges on the way.
Over a week after the murder of noted Kannada progressive thinker and scholar MM Kalburgi, another rationalist free-thinker and writer KS Bhagwan on Wednesday received a letter threatening his life.
The Goa police today questioned Bengaluru-based paragliding trainer Narendra Raman over his alleged links with suspected Indian Mujahideen (IM) operative Sayed Afaq who was arrested in connection with the Church Street blast in the Karnataka capital in December 2014.
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Exclusive interview with BJP chief Amit Shah
- Somnath Bharti's bail plea rejected after wife refuses mediation in SC
- Uttarakhand: BJP MLA Prem Singh Rana insulted during CM Harish Rawat's speech
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- DNA: Odisha gets its first 100% solar-powered village
- Panel discussion on Azam Khan politicizing Dadri lynching case
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Why Salman Khan’s films are blockbusters
- J&K encounter: Four Army jawans killed, gunbattle on
- Dadri is second Babri, will raise issue in UN: Azam Khan
- Sundar Raman, tainted IPL franchises face uncertain future
- Salman Khan creates magic as Prem, PRDP trailer gets 10 million views!
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Check out: Amitabh Bachchan shares cute pictures of granddaughter Aaradhya
- VIDEO: See why MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli, Ravi Shastri are cheering for South Africa!
- SC refuses Somnath Bharti's bail plea after his wife Lipika says no to mediation