Ahead of zilla panchayat and taluk panchayat elections in Karnataka, former state chief minister and Janata Dal (Secular) state president HD Kumaraswamy has initiated a war of words with Chief Minister Siddaramaiah.
A leopard on Sunday entered a private school near Varthur and attacked people.
While Koppad's survival is a miracle, doctors say he was possibly trapped in an air pocket which saved him.
Five persons were killed and several others injured here when an old Railway parcel office building collapsed on Monday, a top police official said.
In a freak tragedy, the parcel office building of Hubli Junction station in Karnataka collapsed on Monday, trapping three people.
The leopard was later taken to Bannerghatta Biological Park.
The leopard entered the Vibgyor School at Kundalahalli near Whitefield at around 4 am today.
Earlier, the Karnataka Government had suspended three police personnel, including one inspector.
The vice chancellor of a private university here has been arrested for allegedly raping a 33-year-old woman, the police said on Saturday.
Scores of African students staged a protest in the city on Saturday against the attack on the Tanzanian girl student.
Kijazi said that his message to all African students is to “follow the law of country, live in harmony with local community and respect the leadership of the state”.
Taking cognisance of the alleged assault on and stripping of a Tanzanian student in Bengaluru, NHRC has issued notices to the Chief Secretary and the DGP of Karnataka government, seeking a report on the matter within two weeks.
Taking suo motu cognisance of media reports on the alleged stripping of a Tanzanian girl student and forcing her to walk "without her top" in Bengaluru on the night of January 31, the National Human Rights Commission on Friday issued notices to the Karnataka Chief Secretary Kaushik Mukherjee and Director General of Police (DGP) Om Prakash to submit a report within two weeks regarding the action taken in the matter.
The Bengaluru police on Friday suspended two constables for alleged negligence on duty and made more arrests in connection with the brutal assault on the 21-year-old Tanzanian student by a violent mob on Sunday.
Union Law and Justice Minister D.V. Sadananda Gowda on Friday said the attack on a Tanzanian student has come as an embarrassment for the nation and asked the Karnataka Government has to take some stringent measures in wake of the deteriorating law and order situation in the state.
The 21-year-old Tanzanian student, who was allegedly stripped, assaulted and paraded naked by an angry mob in Bengaluru, has claimed that the cops on duty did nothing to help her when she pleaded for help.
A Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) member is one of the five suspects arrested for assaulting a Tanzanian woman.
A high-level team from New Delhi, including the Tanzanian High Commissioner to India, will leave for Bengaluru on Friday in connection with the assault on a Tanzanian woman in the Karnataka capital.
A high-level team from New Delhi, including the Tanzanian high commissioner to India, will leave for Bengaluru on Friday in connection with the assault on a Tanzanian woman in the Karnataka capital.
Condemning the incident, the MEA spokesperson said that his ministry “will extend full co-operation in the investigation.”
According to the Bangalore police, the complaint by the Tanzanian girl was filed yesterday even though incident happened on Sunday.
The Karnataka government on Thursday said that it was seriously probing the brutal assault on a Tanzanian student while assuring full safety of foreign students staying in the state capital.
High Commissioner of Tanzania in India, John WH Kijazi, on Thursday said that the authorities in his country have written to the Indian government, demanding strict action against those who allegedly attacked and molested a Tanzanian woman in Bengaluru following a road accident.
Following the brutal assault on Tanzanian student in Bengaluru, Congress leader Rahul Gandhi has asked the Karnataka government to explain the incident.
Sushma Swaraj said that she had spoken to Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah and asked him to take stringent action against the guilty.
The unruly mob reportedly thrashed her and tore off her clothes when she protested and pleaded them to leave her alone.
Bride's family was left humiliated and insulted after the groom and his family members walked out of the wedding over 'badly' cooked rasam and sambar for the guests.
Over 100 ABVP members protested against Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi on Monday at Delhi University for “politicising” the suicide of Dalit research scholar Rohith Vemula.
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Sunday said he would write to Union Transport Minister Nitin Gadkari asking him to withdraw a clause from Central rules, which mandates Class 8 as minimum qualification for getting a driver's licence.
A youths' organisation have been denied permission by Karnataka police to hold the 'Kiss of Love' campaign in Shivamogga on Valentine's Day.
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- Does religion teach gender discrimination?
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- Does religion teach gender discrimination? - Part III
- DNA: Know about world's highest battlefield Siachen
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- Security advisor Kunal Verma's book reveals untold story behind 1962 Indo-China war
- Does religion teach gender discrimination? - Part II
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Will Pak take action against Hafiz Saeed and Lakhvi after Headley's revelations?
- Four people burnt dead in Delhi's Dilshad Garden
- Now, Pakistan too in the race to acquire Kohinoor diamond!
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- While politics got 'detached' from religion, Modi govt took measures to preserve 'Sanatan Dharma': Amit Shah
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- ICC U-19 World Cup, semi-final: India vs Sri Lanka - As it happened...
- Pakistan's ISI provided moral, financial support to LeT for 26/11 Mumbai attacks: David Headley's big revelations
- Watch: This guy convinces girls to get pictures clicked with him – know how
- A woman encounters a huge wolf and the most unexpected thing happens - Watch
- Like a boss! Prince Narula is back in the game
- Say goodbye to your acidity woes with these ten simple tips!
- India prays for Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa; PM, Army Chief visit hospital
- Salman Khan’s new look as ‘Sultan’: Valentine's Day special- See Pic