As the tragic news about the Indian Army's brave soldier broke, the village of Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad plunged into grief.
As a precautionary measure, the Karnataka government on Thursday asked the schools to remain closed for today, in the wake of leopard attack incident.
Ahead of zilla panchayat and taluk panchayat elections in Karnataka, former state chief minister and Janata Dal (Secular) state president HD Kumaraswamy has initiated a war of words with Chief Minister Siddaramaiah.
A leopard on Sunday entered a private school near Varthur and attacked people.
While Koppad's survival is a miracle, doctors say he was possibly trapped in an air pocket which saved him.
Five persons were killed and several others injured here when an old Railway parcel office building collapsed on Monday, a top police official said.
In a freak tragedy, the parcel office building of Hubli Junction station in Karnataka collapsed on Monday, trapping three people.
The leopard was later taken to Bannerghatta Biological Park.
The leopard entered the Vibgyor School at Kundalahalli near Whitefield at around 4 am today.
Earlier, the Karnataka Government had suspended three police personnel, including one inspector.
The vice chancellor of a private university here has been arrested for allegedly raping a 33-year-old woman, the police said on Saturday.
Scores of African students staged a protest in the city on Saturday against the attack on the Tanzanian girl student.
Kijazi said that his message to all African students is to “follow the law of country, live in harmony with local community and respect the leadership of the state”.
Taking cognisance of the alleged assault on and stripping of a Tanzanian student in Bengaluru, NHRC has issued notices to the Chief Secretary and the DGP of Karnataka government, seeking a report on the matter within two weeks.
Taking suo motu cognisance of media reports on the alleged stripping of a Tanzanian girl student and forcing her to walk "without her top" in Bengaluru on the night of January 31, the National Human Rights Commission on Friday issued notices to the Karnataka Chief Secretary Kaushik Mukherjee and Director General of Police (DGP) Om Prakash to submit a report within two weeks regarding the action taken in the matter.
The Bengaluru police on Friday suspended two constables for alleged negligence on duty and made more arrests in connection with the brutal assault on the 21-year-old Tanzanian student by a violent mob on Sunday.
Union Law and Justice Minister D.V. Sadananda Gowda on Friday said the attack on a Tanzanian student has come as an embarrassment for the nation and asked the Karnataka Government has to take some stringent measures in wake of the deteriorating law and order situation in the state.
The 21-year-old Tanzanian student, who was allegedly stripped, assaulted and paraded naked by an angry mob in Bengaluru, has claimed that the cops on duty did nothing to help her when she pleaded for help.
A Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) member is one of the five suspects arrested for assaulting a Tanzanian woman.
A high-level team from New Delhi, including the Tanzanian High Commissioner to India, will leave for Bengaluru on Friday in connection with the assault on a Tanzanian woman in the Karnataka capital.
A high-level team from New Delhi, including the Tanzanian high commissioner to India, will leave for Bengaluru on Friday in connection with the assault on a Tanzanian woman in the Karnataka capital.
Condemning the incident, the MEA spokesperson said that his ministry “will extend full co-operation in the investigation.”
According to the Bangalore police, the complaint by the Tanzanian girl was filed yesterday even though incident happened on Sunday.
The Karnataka government on Thursday said that it was seriously probing the brutal assault on a Tanzanian student while assuring full safety of foreign students staying in the state capital.
High Commissioner of Tanzania in India, John WH Kijazi, on Thursday said that the authorities in his country have written to the Indian government, demanding strict action against those who allegedly attacked and molested a Tanzanian woman in Bengaluru following a road accident.
Following the brutal assault on Tanzanian student in Bengaluru, Congress leader Rahul Gandhi has asked the Karnataka government to explain the incident.
Sushma Swaraj said that she had spoken to Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah and asked him to take stringent action against the guilty.
The unruly mob reportedly thrashed her and tore off her clothes when she protested and pleaded them to leave her alone.
Bride's family was left humiliated and insulted after the groom and his family members walked out of the wedding over 'badly' cooked rasam and sambar for the guests.
Over 100 ABVP members protested against Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi on Monday at Delhi University for “politicising” the suicide of Dalit research scholar Rohith Vemula.
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Does religion teach gender discrimination?
- Does religion teach gender discrimination? - Part III
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: Know about world's highest battlefield Siachen
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa still in coma
- Does religion teach gender discrimination? - Part II
- Now, Pakistan too in the race to acquire Kohinoor diamond!
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- Essel Group's affordable housing scheme, ASHA launched in Panchkula
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part IV
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!
- Ranchi shocker: Teacher kills student because he was in love with her daughter
- Saraswati Puja on Vasant Panchami - Tithi, Muhurt and Vidhi
- Rs 7L for Sikh girl, Rs 5L for a Brahmin: `Love jihad` WhatsApp message goes viral in Gujarat
- ICC World T20: Pakistan announce 15-man squad; Shahid Afridi to lead, Ahmed Shehzad dropped
- 1st T20I: It was more English wicket than Indian, says MS Dhoni
- Net Neutrality: Facebook board member's offensive tweet on 'colonialism' leaves Indians fuming
- Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, rescued from Siachen, battles for life; liver and kidney dysfunctional
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Katrina Kaif’s first dubsmash – You will love it!