Union Minister Narendra Singh Tomar on Tuesday said the controversy surrounding the Vyapam scam has 'ended' as Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan has said that he would recommend to the Jabalpur High Court for a CBI probe.
Karnataka Police on Tuesday filed a chargesheet against four people for their alleged link with terror outfit Indian Mujahideen and involvement in blasts across the country from 2010 to 2014 in collusion with terror suspects Bhatkal brothers.
Bowing to Opposition pressure in the Assembly, government Tuesday withdrew a bill proposing certain amendments to the Lokayukta Act and agreed to come out with comprehensive changes in light of the raging row over an alleged bribery scandal linked to the anti-graft ombudsman.
Karnataka government Tuesday announced pay hike in the range of Rs 5,000 to Rs 35,000 to its doctors, with an intention to attract more doctors for government service.
Opposition BJP in the Karnataka Assembly on Tuesday demanded discussion on the alleged cheque bounce case against Minister for Textiles Baburao Chinchansur, saying he was "not fit" to be in office and was threatening the complainant.
Rain and thundershower would occur on Tuesday at a few places in Karnataka, officials said.
Karnataka Legislative Assembly Speaker Kagodu Thimmappa on Monday said he is "carefully" examining a petition by the Opposition to allow a motion in the House to initiate the process for removal of Lokayukta Y Bhaskar Rao, who is in the eye of a storm over an alleged extortion racket in his office linked to his son.
Dry weather would continue in Karnataka as the south-west monsoon weakened further, an official from the meteorological department said here on Monday.
Rain and thundershowers would occur at many places in coastal Karnataka, a few places in the south interior and at isolated places in north interior, the weather officials said on Sunday.
Chief Minister Siddaramaiah on Saturday said that twenty-five farmers have committed suicide in Karnataka since last month.
Two women in Bengaluru gave a new life to each other`s husband by participating in a kidney swap at a Bengaluru hospital.
In an unusual move, a ruling Congress member in the Assembly on Friday sought to move an adjournment motion, amidst opposition from his own party members.
Opposition BJP on Thursday staged a walk out from the Karnataka Assembly, as government ruled out a CBI inquiry into the alleged murder of a youth in Koppal district who spoke against corruption, and gave a clean chit to district in charge Minister, accused of "shielding those involved in the case".
Opposition BJP on Thursday demanded discussion in the assembly on alleged murder of a youth in Koppal district who spoke against corruption, charging that the district in charge Minister was "shielding those involved."
Most places in Karnataka would experience heavy to moderate rainfall even as the southwest monsoon continues to be weak in the state, the Met office said here on Thursday.
The Karnataka High Court on Wednesday stayed an inquiry being conducted by the state Lokayukta's police into the bribe charge against some of its unidentified officials.
Investigation into charges of corruption in the Lokayukta office cannot be handed over to CBI unless the anti-graft body itself makes a request for it, Home Minister KJ George said on Wednesday.
Rain and thundershowers would occur at most places in Karnataka on Wednesday, the Met office said here.
With the onset of southwest monsoon in Karnataka on time, resulting in widespread rains across the state, sowing operations are in full swing for what could be a bumper kharif crop this year.
Karnataka Home Minister KJ George on Tuesday said that he has formed an SIT into the graft charges levelled against the state Lokayukta.
With the southwest monsoon weakening over Karnataka, rainfall would occur in only a few places in the state, a meteorological department official said on Tuesday.
News media, as the fourth pillar, protects democracy from being exploited used for individual gains, opined Dr. Subhash Chandra, Chairman, Essel Group and ZEE.
In the second case of suicide by a debit-ridden farmer in the district since last week, a 37-year-old man, slapped with a bank notice to repay his farm loan, allegedly ended his life, police said on Monday.
Karnataka government's 'Suvarna Gramodaya Yojana' was a "failure" as the overall development of each village was not achieved, the Comptroller and Auditor General of India has stated.
The Opposition on Monday turned the heat on the Siddaramaiah government on recurring farmers' suicides in Karnataka, accusing it of being "irresponsible" and "careless" in addressing the issues concerning peasants.
Six Nigerians have been arrested by the city police for allegedly cheating several people by luring them with throwaway price offers of expensive cars and mobiles phones through online ads.
Rejecting the demand by social activists to hand over the corruption case against some Lokayukta officers to CBI, Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah on Sunday said government does not have powers to do so as the institution is an independent anti-corruption body.
Opposition BJP and JDS are set to confront the Congress government on a host of issues, including farmers' suicide, as the monsoon session of Karnataka legislature begins here Monday.
Vehicular movement was affected in many parts of Dakshina Kannada (DK) district following heavy rains that lashed the region in the last two days.
Under scanner for alleged corruption by some of its officers, Karnataka Lokayukta has handed over all such cases to Central Crime Branch (CCB) for a probe.
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- DNA: Growing Russia-China ties a concern for India
- Woman set ablaze in UP, Akhilesh orders magisterial probe
- Waterlogging, traffic jams in Delhi after rains
- DNA: All you need to know about Vyapam scam
- Vyapam scam: CBI probe only if courts intervene, says Rajnath Singh
- ED issues summons to Lalit Modi in money laundering case
- Arvind Kejriwal wants referendum on statehood for Delhi
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed
- Uddhav Thakeray hits out at BJP, says corruption visible everywhere
- SC allows child's guardianship without father's consent to unwed mother
- 47 dead in Vyapam scam: Target killing or uncanny coincidence?
- Turkish Airlines flight makes emergency landing at Delhi airport
- Bollywood actor Shahid Kapoor ties knot with Mira Rajput!
- Watch: Bollywood Top stories
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends
- Vyapam scam: Only courts can order CBI probe, says Rajnath Singh
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University
- No confirmation on meeting with Manohar Parrikar on OROP: Ex-servicemen
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput Wedding: All you need to know
- Bombs at mosque, restaurant in central Nigerian city kill 51
- Ajay Devgn to appear on 'Nach Baliye 7' finale?
- Pallavi Joshi resigns from FTII, lends support to students
- Unwed mother can apply for child's guardianship without father's consent: SC
- 'Map Of Life' predicts extraterrestrial life