Karnataka Legislative Assembly Speaker Kagodu Thimmappa on Monday said he is "carefully" examining a petition by the Opposition to allow a motion in the House to initiate the process for removal of Lokayukta Y Bhaskar Rao, who is in the eye of a storm over an alleged extortion racket in his office linked to his son.
Dry weather would continue in Karnataka as the south-west monsoon weakened further, an official from the meteorological department said here on Monday.
Rain and thundershowers would occur at many places in coastal Karnataka, a few places in the south interior and at isolated places in north interior, the weather officials said on Sunday.
Chief Minister Siddaramaiah on Saturday said that twenty-five farmers have committed suicide in Karnataka since last month.
Two women in Bengaluru gave a new life to each other`s husband by participating in a kidney swap at a Bengaluru hospital.
In an unusual move, a ruling Congress member in the Assembly on Friday sought to move an adjournment motion, amidst opposition from his own party members.
Opposition BJP on Thursday staged a walk out from the Karnataka Assembly, as government ruled out a CBI inquiry into the alleged murder of a youth in Koppal district who spoke against corruption, and gave a clean chit to district in charge Minister, accused of "shielding those involved in the case".
Opposition BJP on Thursday demanded discussion in the assembly on alleged murder of a youth in Koppal district who spoke against corruption, charging that the district in charge Minister was "shielding those involved."
Most places in Karnataka would experience heavy to moderate rainfall even as the southwest monsoon continues to be weak in the state, the Met office said here on Thursday.
The Karnataka High Court on Wednesday stayed an inquiry being conducted by the state Lokayukta's police into the bribe charge against some of its unidentified officials.
Investigation into charges of corruption in the Lokayukta office cannot be handed over to CBI unless the anti-graft body itself makes a request for it, Home Minister KJ George said on Wednesday.
Rain and thundershowers would occur at most places in Karnataka on Wednesday, the Met office said here.
With the onset of southwest monsoon in Karnataka on time, resulting in widespread rains across the state, sowing operations are in full swing for what could be a bumper kharif crop this year.
Karnataka Home Minister KJ George on Tuesday said that he has formed an SIT into the graft charges levelled against the state Lokayukta.
With the southwest monsoon weakening over Karnataka, rainfall would occur in only a few places in the state, a meteorological department official said on Tuesday.
News media, as the fourth pillar, protects democracy from being exploited used for individual gains, opined Dr. Subhash Chandra, Chairman, Essel Group and ZEE.
In the second case of suicide by a debit-ridden farmer in the district since last week, a 37-year-old man, slapped with a bank notice to repay his farm loan, allegedly ended his life, police said on Monday.
Karnataka government's 'Suvarna Gramodaya Yojana' was a "failure" as the overall development of each village was not achieved, the Comptroller and Auditor General of India has stated.
The Opposition on Monday turned the heat on the Siddaramaiah government on recurring farmers' suicides in Karnataka, accusing it of being "irresponsible" and "careless" in addressing the issues concerning peasants.
Six Nigerians have been arrested by the city police for allegedly cheating several people by luring them with throwaway price offers of expensive cars and mobiles phones through online ads.
Rejecting the demand by social activists to hand over the corruption case against some Lokayukta officers to CBI, Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah on Sunday said government does not have powers to do so as the institution is an independent anti-corruption body.
Opposition BJP and JDS are set to confront the Congress government on a host of issues, including farmers' suicide, as the monsoon session of Karnataka legislature begins here Monday.
Vehicular movement was affected in many parts of Dakshina Kannada (DK) district following heavy rains that lashed the region in the last two days.
Under scanner for alleged corruption by some of its officers, Karnataka Lokayukta has handed over all such cases to Central Crime Branch (CCB) for a probe.
Janata Dal (Secular) supremo HD Deve Gowda and former Karnataka chief minister BS Yeddyurappa on Friday met the family members of the farmer who committed suicide in the state`s Mandya district.
The whole of Karnataka, now covered by the southwest monsoon, will continue to get heavy rainfall, the meteorological department said on Friday.
Heavy rainfall, due to the south-west monsoon, will continue in Karnataka, the meteorological department said on Friday.
Elections to Bruhat Bangalore Mahanagara Palike, the city corporation, will be held on July 28, with the ruling Congress and BJP, now controlling the civic body, set for a prestigious battle.
Karnataka on Wednesday sought Rs 500 crore from the central government to expand infrastructure for the Swacch Bharat Mission in the state.
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Fast N Facts @7:30 pm
- What is the truth behind Journalist Akshay Singh's death?
- The mystery behind the deaths of Vyapam Scam continues- Part II
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Uddhav Thakeray hits out at BJP, says corruption visible everywhere
- Arvind Kejriwal wants referendum on statehood for Delhi
- SC allows child's guardianship without father's consent to unwed mother
- Mystery behind the deaths of Vyapam Scam continues!
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered
- Lionel Messi’s family attacked by Chile fans during Copa America final
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Dalai Lama birthday celebrations draw support, protests in US
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress
- Am glad my mother is back home: Esha Deol
- Fara Williams seals bronze for England at Women`s World Cup