The Supreme Court on Friday set aside the Karnataka HC order on cancelling the sanction of the five-storey plot allotted to Union Law Minister Sadananda Gowda in Bengaluru.
A day after Rahul Gandhi faced some embarrassing moments when he asked the audience about Prime Minister Narendra Modi's pet initiatives in Bengaluru, a Mount Carmel College student on Thursday tried to pacify the issue, saying the Congress vice-president was not snubbed at all.
BJP members in the Karnataka Assembly continued their dharna for the second day on Wednesday, accusing the Congress government of trying to wind up the Lokayukta institution, but later withdrew it following an appeal by the Speaker Kagodu Thimmappa.
Burglars have decamped with the Padma Bhushan and Padma Vibhushan medals conferred on renowned Kannada poet late KV Puttappa.
The Centre also urged other drought-affected states like Bihar and Jharkhand to submit their memorandum urgently so that to provide relief to farmers.
An article in 'Panchjanya' has described Tipu Sultan as 'Aurangzeb' of South who "forcibly" converted lakhs of people.
R Jagadish Kumar Kumar who represented Hebbal Assembly constituency in the city, attended the ongoing assembly session till this afternoon.
Former Minister Ramesh Kumar on Thursday raised concerns on the competence of an advocate "not presenting" proper arguments to defend the stand of the state government to execute Yettinahole project works before the Southern Zone Bench of National Green Tribunal.
There is a perception among people that Kalburgi was killed because of his frank and blunt views against superstition, Karnataka CM said.
Opposition BJP is expected to corner the Congress government in Karnataka during the Legislature session beginning on Monday.
The Centre on Friday flatly refused to intervene in the brewing Tipu Sultan row in Karnataka saying the 'peaceful' debate over the issue must be continued, however, it would be unwise to expect any involvement by the government into the matter.
A local VHP leader had died as violence erupted over the holding of the birth anniversary celebrations of 18th century Mysore ruler Tipu Sultan on Tuesday.
Security was stepped up on Thursday for noted Kannada litterateur Girish Karnad and BJP lawmaker Prathap Simha following death threats to them on social media, police said.
A 34-year-old woman was allegedly gang-raped by two security guards in Cubbon Park in Bengaluru, Karnataka.
A complaint was filed at the Vidhana Soudha police station here against Jnanpith Award winner Girish Karnad for his 'provocative' remark on naming the Bengaluru international airport after city founder Kempe Gowda, on charges that the comment has allegedly hurt the sentiments of certain sections of society.
Girish Karnad on Wednesday apologised for his remarks on naming the Bengaluru international airport after city founder Kempe Gowda even as protests against him spread in Karnataka.
A local Vishwa Hindu Parishad leader died and several others, including policemen, were injured in the violence on Tuesday.
Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah said the government has nothing to do with the remarks made by Girish Karnad.
A local VHP leader died and several others, including policemen, were injured as violence erupted over the holding of the birth anniversary celebrations of 18th century Mysore ruler Tipu Sultan.
The erstwhile King of Mysore is widely regarded as a freedom fighter who fought the initial independence wars against the British.
Vishwesha Theertha Swami of Pejawar Mutt in Udupi has opposed Karnataka government's decision to celebrate the birth anniversary of the 18th century legendary king Tipu Sultan on November 10.
The incident took place a month after a 23-year-old back office woman employee was gang-raped by a driver and a cleaner in a moving van on October 3, in which the accused have also been arrested.
Defending his government's decision celebrate the birth anniversary of the 18th century legendary king Tipu Sultan, Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah on Saturday termed opposition to it as a "conspiracy" by RSS and other communal forces to disturb harmony in society.
Amidst the row over the bribery sting involving the wife of Karnataka minister Anjaneya, BJP on Saturday approached the governor for his sacking even as Chief Minister Siddaramaiah said he is still collecting information regarding the allegation.
According to reports, the driver had asked the cleaner to drive the vehicle while he allegedly raped the girl in the moving bus.
A Karnataka minister is in the centre of a controversy after a 'sting operation' by a TV channel on Thursday showed his wife allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs 7 lakh.
Karnataka BJP leader SN Channabasappa, who had threatened to behead CM Siddaramaiah if he dared to consume cow meat, has been arrested.
BJP unconditionally disowns the statement of Channabasappa, party leader in Shivamoga, against Chief Minister Siddaramiah and terms it as an uncalled for speech.
A BJP leader has threatened to behead Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah in public if he consumed cow meat.
The Congress' state unit on Tuesday slammed the party-led government in Karnataka for its insistence on constructing a checkdam across river Cauvery at Mekedatu, saying it was against the final award given by a tribunal on the inter-state issue.
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- RJD-JD(U) legislators forcibly occupy govt bungalows in Bihar
- Chicago: Video of American cop shooting black teen sparks protests
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- ISIS 'poster girl' beaten to death after trying to escape Syria
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Islamic State 'poster girl' beaten to death by jihadists
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- Simon Harmer overshadows Imran Tahir on Day 1 in 3rd Test
- Nepal to seek details on shooting, SSB says smugglers on Indian soil
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Swaragini: Will Swara prove her innocence? Will Mom, Badi Ma have faith in her again?
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case