The Karnataka government has no plans to take control of temples or 'maths' in the state,? Minister for Muzrai (Religious Endowment) Rudrappa Manappa? Lamani has said.
Gali Janardhan Reddy's daughter Bramhani's wedding is scheduled to take place on November 16.
All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (AIADMK) leader J. Jayalalithaa is said to be on the road to recovering from her illness at the Apollo Hospital in Chennai, and in anticipation of her coming out of the medical facility soon, special prayers were held at Mysuru`s Chamundeshwari Temple.
The Supreme Court on Wednesday reserved its judgement on maintainability on appeal of Tamil Nadu, Karnataka and Kerala against Tribunal's order of 2007 on Cauvery water row.
Gali Janardhan Reddy, once a powerful politician in Karnataka and mining baron, is in news again for spending a fortune on preparations for his daughter's wedding next month.
Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah has said that there is no water in the state's reservoirs.
Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah has been expressing his inability to release water to Tamil Nadu owing to poor storage.
A day after accusing BJP of raking up the Cauvery issue for electoral gains in Karnataka, DMK on Tuesday made a similar charge against the ruling Congress in the neighbouring state.
The Supreme Court on Tuesday directed Karnataka to release 2,000 cusecs of Cauvery water a day to Tamil Nadu till further orders.
The high-level central technical team, led by Central Water Commission chairman G.S. Jha on Monday submitted its report to the Supreme Court wherein it said the situation is "grim in Karnataka and Tamil Nadu.
The Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) and Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) staged a protest here on Monday against the police inaction post the killing of a sangh activist.
The brutal incident took place on Bengaluru's Kamaraja Road when Rudresh was returning home on a bike after attending a RSS meeting,
Watch this video and you wont stop laughing.
Several incidents of stone pelting were reported in parts of Belagavi in Karnataka following Dussehra festival celebrations leading to tension prevailing in the city, police said on Wednesday.
Karnataka is hoping for justice from the expert team, which studied the depleted water levels in the reservoirs across the Cauvery river basin in the state on October 7-8, Chief Minister Siddaramaiah said on Monday.
In Tamil Nadu, the high level central technical team led by Central water commission chairman GS Jha will visited Mettur Dam to begin its two-day assessment of ground realities.
More than protests, there is a need to create broader awareness about Karnataka and its concerns at the Centre and judiciary, Ananth Kumar said.
A team of experts, led by Central Water Commission Chairman G.S. Jha will arrive here on Friday to study the water deficit in the four dams across the Cauvery river in Karnataka, said an official.
At least three persons were killed and five others injured when an under-construction five-storey building collapsed here on Wednesday police said.
The Centre on Wednesday constituted a high-level technical team to visit the Cauvery basin area to assess the ground realities there.
At least four construction workers are feared trapped under the debris of a five-storey under-construction building, which collapsed on Wednesday, in Bengaluru.
Earlier in the day, the Apex Court asked Karnataka to release 2,000 cusecs Cauvery water per day to Tamil Nadu from October 7 to October 18.
Karnataka was on Tuesday directed to release 2,000 cusecs Cauvery water per day to Tamil Nadu from October 7 to 18 by the Supreme Court.
The Karnataka government decided to release water to Tamil Nadu and said it will follow orders on the Cauvery water sharing with neighbouring Tamil Nadu.
Veteran lawyer Fali S Nariman has declined to represent Karnataka before the Supreme Court in the case on sharing of the Cauvery river water with Tamil Nadu, said an official on Monday.
The resolution comes after the Supreme Court had warned the Karnataka of consequences if it fails to abide by its latest order to release 6,000 cusecs of Cauvery water to Tamil Nadu.
The Centre on Monday told the Supreme Court that it has no jurisdiction to direct it to set-up the Cauvery Management Board as it was just a recommendation of the Cauvery Water Dispute Tribunal and not binding on the government.
In a major setback to Tamil Nadu, the central government on Monday challenged the Supreme Court's recent ruling in which it had directed the Centre to constitute Cauvery Management Board.
The Karnataka Cabinet decided to call a special legislature session to discuss the release of Cauvery water to Tamil Nadu.
Karnataka's ruling Congress on Sunday issued whip to its lawmakers to attend the special joint session of the state legislature on Monday to decide on the Supreme Court order to release Cauvery water to Tamil Nadu.
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Agra: Three boys beat up railway ticket checker in moving train
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- DNA: Today in History | October 24, 2016
- Everything is fine in Samajwadi Party, says Shivpal Singh Yadav
- Manipur: CM Okram Ibobi Singh escapes unhurt as militants open fire
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya – Part II
- Massive fire breaks out at scrap factory in Bihar
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Cyrus Mistry removed as Chairman of Tata Sons; Ratan Tata is interim boss
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured
- Sushant Singh Rajput's Twitter commentary of MS Dhoni's innings at Mohali is a Must Read
- Harbhajan Singh angers MS Dhoni fans with his birthday wish for Wriddhiman Saha
- Uttar Pradesh CM Akhilesh Yadav told Mulayam Singh's brother Shivpal that he would float new party?
- Video of that exact moment when explosion took place in Naya Bazar of Delhi's Chandni Chowk - WATCH
- On Wriddhiman Saha's birthday, Virender Sehwag unleashes another gem on Twitter