Chief Minister Siddaramaiah on Saturday said that twenty-five farmers have committed suicide in Karnataka since last month.
Two women in Bengaluru gave a new life to each other`s husband by participating in a kidney swap at a Bengaluru hospital.
In an unusual move, a ruling Congress member in the Assembly on Friday sought to move an adjournment motion, amidst opposition from his own party members.
Opposition BJP on Thursday staged a walk out from the Karnataka Assembly, as government ruled out a CBI inquiry into the alleged murder of a youth in Koppal district who spoke against corruption, and gave a clean chit to district in charge Minister, accused of "shielding those involved in the case".
Opposition BJP on Thursday demanded discussion in the assembly on alleged murder of a youth in Koppal district who spoke against corruption, charging that the district in charge Minister was "shielding those involved."
Most places in Karnataka would experience heavy to moderate rainfall even as the southwest monsoon continues to be weak in the state, the Met office said here on Thursday.
The Karnataka High Court on Wednesday stayed an inquiry being conducted by the state Lokayukta's police into the bribe charge against some of its unidentified officials.
Investigation into charges of corruption in the Lokayukta office cannot be handed over to CBI unless the anti-graft body itself makes a request for it, Home Minister KJ George said on Wednesday.
Rain and thundershowers would occur at most places in Karnataka on Wednesday, the Met office said here.
With the onset of southwest monsoon in Karnataka on time, resulting in widespread rains across the state, sowing operations are in full swing for what could be a bumper kharif crop this year.
Karnataka Home Minister KJ George on Tuesday said that he has formed an SIT into the graft charges levelled against the state Lokayukta.
With the southwest monsoon weakening over Karnataka, rainfall would occur in only a few places in the state, a meteorological department official said on Tuesday.
News media, as the fourth pillar, protects democracy from being exploited used for individual gains, opined Dr. Subhash Chandra, Chairman, Essel Group and ZEE.
In the second case of suicide by a debit-ridden farmer in the district since last week, a 37-year-old man, slapped with a bank notice to repay his farm loan, allegedly ended his life, police said on Monday.
Karnataka government's 'Suvarna Gramodaya Yojana' was a "failure" as the overall development of each village was not achieved, the Comptroller and Auditor General of India has stated.
The Opposition on Monday turned the heat on the Siddaramaiah government on recurring farmers' suicides in Karnataka, accusing it of being "irresponsible" and "careless" in addressing the issues concerning peasants.
Six Nigerians have been arrested by the city police for allegedly cheating several people by luring them with throwaway price offers of expensive cars and mobiles phones through online ads.
Rejecting the demand by social activists to hand over the corruption case against some Lokayukta officers to CBI, Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah on Sunday said government does not have powers to do so as the institution is an independent anti-corruption body.
Opposition BJP and JDS are set to confront the Congress government on a host of issues, including farmers' suicide, as the monsoon session of Karnataka legislature begins here Monday.
Vehicular movement was affected in many parts of Dakshina Kannada (DK) district following heavy rains that lashed the region in the last two days.
Under scanner for alleged corruption by some of its officers, Karnataka Lokayukta has handed over all such cases to Central Crime Branch (CCB) for a probe.
Janata Dal (Secular) supremo HD Deve Gowda and former Karnataka chief minister BS Yeddyurappa on Friday met the family members of the farmer who committed suicide in the state`s Mandya district.
The whole of Karnataka, now covered by the southwest monsoon, will continue to get heavy rainfall, the meteorological department said on Friday.
Heavy rainfall, due to the south-west monsoon, will continue in Karnataka, the meteorological department said on Friday.
Elections to Bruhat Bangalore Mahanagara Palike, the city corporation, will be held on July 28, with the ruling Congress and BJP, now controlling the civic body, set for a prestigious battle.
Karnataka on Wednesday sought Rs 500 crore from the central government to expand infrastructure for the Swacch Bharat Mission in the state.
Justice Subhro Kamal Mukherjee has been appointed the Chief Justice of Karnataka High Court.
The Congress government in Karnataka on Wednesday pitched for making "Swachh Bharat" a centrally sponsored scheme, as it committed itself to make the state open defecation-free by October 2, 2018, a year ahead of the Centre's deadline.
Mandya district is on way to achieve cent per cent electrification soon, District Electricity Committee President and MP C S Puttaraju has said.
Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA) has apologised to Karnataka government for publishing a distorted map of India in an advertisement in a Malaysian magazine, showing part of Jammu and Kashmir and the North-East missing from it.
- Hema Malini injured in Dausa car crash
- 1,400 teachers with fake degrees resign in Bihar
- Telangana CM gets Rs 5 crore bullet-proof luxury bus
- Court clerk clears Rajasthan Judicial Service, becomes judge!
- DNA: Analysis of first SECC survey in eight decades
- AIB: Swatchh Bharat-Clean India reality check
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Telephone exchange case: CBI interrogates Dayanidhi Maran third time
- Why Bal Bharti School cancelled admission of 60 students?
- Now, another AAP MLA in fake degree row
- SECC will provide important input for policy makers: Arun Jaitley
- Aapke Sitare, July 2: Astro prediction for Aries, Taurus, Gemini and Cancer
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Aapke Sitare, July 3: Astro prediction for Aries, Taurus, Gemini and Cancer
- Nationwide mobile number portability from today!
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Facebook doesn't pose threat: YouTube
- Kerala student with 100% marks denied admission in Delhi University, approaches HC
- No intention to surround India in 'string of pearl' bases: China
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Govt releases first Socio-Economic and Caste Census in 8 decades
- This dog in Madhya Pradesh got an Aadhaar card for itself
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- MPs won't get hike in salary and allowances, govt not willing to accept proposals
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Copa America 2015: Argentina, Chile poised for classic finale