All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (AIADMK) leader J. Jayalalithaa is said to be on the road to recovering from her illness at the Apollo Hospital in Chennai, and in anticipation of her coming out of the medical facility soon, special prayers were held at Mysuru`s Chamundeshwari Temple.
The Supreme Court on Wednesday reserved its judgement on maintainability on appeal of Tamil Nadu, Karnataka and Kerala against Tribunal's order of 2007 on Cauvery water row.
Gali Janardhan Reddy, once a powerful politician in Karnataka and mining baron, is in news again for spending a fortune on preparations for his daughter's wedding next month.
Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah has said that there is no water in the state's reservoirs.
Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah has been expressing his inability to release water to Tamil Nadu owing to poor storage.
A day after accusing BJP of raking up the Cauvery issue for electoral gains in Karnataka, DMK on Tuesday made a similar charge against the ruling Congress in the neighbouring state.
The Supreme Court on Tuesday directed Karnataka to release 2,000 cusecs of Cauvery water a day to Tamil Nadu till further orders.
The high-level central technical team, led by Central Water Commission chairman G.S. Jha on Monday submitted its report to the Supreme Court wherein it said the situation is "grim in Karnataka and Tamil Nadu.
The Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) and Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) staged a protest here on Monday against the police inaction post the killing of a sangh activist.
The brutal incident took place on Bengaluru's Kamaraja Road when Rudresh was returning home on a bike after attending a RSS meeting,
Watch this video and you wont stop laughing.
Several incidents of stone pelting were reported in parts of Belagavi in Karnataka following Dussehra festival celebrations leading to tension prevailing in the city, police said on Wednesday.
Karnataka is hoping for justice from the expert team, which studied the depleted water levels in the reservoirs across the Cauvery river basin in the state on October 7-8, Chief Minister Siddaramaiah said on Monday.
In Tamil Nadu, the high level central technical team led by Central water commission chairman GS Jha will visited Mettur Dam to begin its two-day assessment of ground realities.
More than protests, there is a need to create broader awareness about Karnataka and its concerns at the Centre and judiciary, Ananth Kumar said.
A team of experts, led by Central Water Commission Chairman G.S. Jha will arrive here on Friday to study the water deficit in the four dams across the Cauvery river in Karnataka, said an official.
At least three persons were killed and five others injured when an under-construction five-storey building collapsed here on Wednesday police said.
The Centre on Wednesday constituted a high-level technical team to visit the Cauvery basin area to assess the ground realities there.
At least four construction workers are feared trapped under the debris of a five-storey under-construction building, which collapsed on Wednesday, in Bengaluru.
Earlier in the day, the Apex Court asked Karnataka to release 2,000 cusecs Cauvery water per day to Tamil Nadu from October 7 to October 18.
Karnataka was on Tuesday directed to release 2,000 cusecs Cauvery water per day to Tamil Nadu from October 7 to 18 by the Supreme Court.
The Karnataka government decided to release water to Tamil Nadu and said it will follow orders on the Cauvery water sharing with neighbouring Tamil Nadu.
Veteran lawyer Fali S Nariman has declined to represent Karnataka before the Supreme Court in the case on sharing of the Cauvery river water with Tamil Nadu, said an official on Monday.
The resolution comes after the Supreme Court had warned the Karnataka of consequences if it fails to abide by its latest order to release 6,000 cusecs of Cauvery water to Tamil Nadu.
The Centre on Monday told the Supreme Court that it has no jurisdiction to direct it to set-up the Cauvery Management Board as it was just a recommendation of the Cauvery Water Dispute Tribunal and not binding on the government.
In a major setback to Tamil Nadu, the central government on Monday challenged the Supreme Court's recent ruling in which it had directed the Centre to constitute Cauvery Management Board.
The Karnataka Cabinet decided to call a special legislature session to discuss the release of Cauvery water to Tamil Nadu.
Karnataka's ruling Congress on Sunday issued whip to its lawmakers to attend the special joint session of the state legislature on Monday to decide on the Supreme Court order to release Cauvery water to Tamil Nadu.
The Karnataka government on Saturday called a special joint legislative session on Monday to discuss and decide on the Supreme Court's order to release Cauvery river water to Tamil Nadu from October 1-6.
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- PM Modi appeals people to wish army officials this Diwali
- ADHM row: Twinkle Khanna slams Raj Thackeray for demanding Army funds from producers
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Manipur: CM Okram Ibobi Singh escapes unhurt as militants open fire
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Massive fire breaks out at scrap factory in Bihar
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Ways to overcome negativity
- DNA: Today in History | October 24, 2016
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Ways to overcome negativity - Part IV
- Injured BSF jawan Gurnam Singh dies in J&K hospital
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Sushant Singh Rajput's Twitter commentary of MS Dhoni's innings at Mohali is a Must Read
- Uttar Pradesh CM Akhilesh Yadav told Mulayam Singh's brother Shivpal that he would float new party?
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?
- Crisis in Samajwadi Party: 'Helicopter kya tumhare baap ka hai?' - Why Shivpal Yadav asked this to a man in audience
- IND vs NZ: Scott Styris leaves commentary box after losing bet involving Kedar Jhadav - VIDEO
- 'Amar Singh said something big will happen in October in Samajwadi Party' - Akhilesh Yadav's big revelation
- On Wriddhiman Saha's birthday, Virender Sehwag unleashes another gem on Twitter
- Indian ISIS operative says he met Paris bombing accused in Iraq last year