The Centre also urged other drought-affected states like Bihar and Jharkhand to submit their memorandum urgently so that to provide relief to farmers.
An article in 'Panchjanya' has described Tipu Sultan as 'Aurangzeb' of South who "forcibly" converted lakhs of people.
R Jagadish Kumar Kumar who represented Hebbal Assembly constituency in the city, attended the ongoing assembly session till this afternoon.
Former Minister Ramesh Kumar on Thursday raised concerns on the competence of an advocate "not presenting" proper arguments to defend the stand of the state government to execute Yettinahole project works before the Southern Zone Bench of National Green Tribunal.
There is a perception among people that Kalburgi was killed because of his frank and blunt views against superstition, Karnataka CM said.
Opposition BJP is expected to corner the Congress government in Karnataka during the Legislature session beginning on Monday.
The Centre on Friday flatly refused to intervene in the brewing Tipu Sultan row in Karnataka saying the 'peaceful' debate over the issue must be continued, however, it would be unwise to expect any involvement by the government into the matter.
A local VHP leader had died as violence erupted over the holding of the birth anniversary celebrations of 18th century Mysore ruler Tipu Sultan on Tuesday.
Security was stepped up on Thursday for noted Kannada litterateur Girish Karnad and BJP lawmaker Prathap Simha following death threats to them on social media, police said.
A 34-year-old woman was allegedly gang-raped by two security guards in Cubbon Park in Bengaluru, Karnataka.
A complaint was filed at the Vidhana Soudha police station here against Jnanpith Award winner Girish Karnad for his 'provocative' remark on naming the Bengaluru international airport after city founder Kempe Gowda, on charges that the comment has allegedly hurt the sentiments of certain sections of society.
Girish Karnad on Wednesday apologised for his remarks on naming the Bengaluru international airport after city founder Kempe Gowda even as protests against him spread in Karnataka.
A local Vishwa Hindu Parishad leader died and several others, including policemen, were injured in the violence on Tuesday.
Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah said the government has nothing to do with the remarks made by Girish Karnad.
A local VHP leader died and several others, including policemen, were injured as violence erupted over the holding of the birth anniversary celebrations of 18th century Mysore ruler Tipu Sultan.
The erstwhile King of Mysore is widely regarded as a freedom fighter who fought the initial independence wars against the British.
Vishwesha Theertha Swami of Pejawar Mutt in Udupi has opposed Karnataka government's decision to celebrate the birth anniversary of the 18th century legendary king Tipu Sultan on November 10.
The incident took place a month after a 23-year-old back office woman employee was gang-raped by a driver and a cleaner in a moving van on October 3, in which the accused have also been arrested.
Defending his government's decision celebrate the birth anniversary of the 18th century legendary king Tipu Sultan, Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah on Saturday termed opposition to it as a "conspiracy" by RSS and other communal forces to disturb harmony in society.
Amidst the row over the bribery sting involving the wife of Karnataka minister Anjaneya, BJP on Saturday approached the governor for his sacking even as Chief Minister Siddaramaiah said he is still collecting information regarding the allegation.
According to reports, the driver had asked the cleaner to drive the vehicle while he allegedly raped the girl in the moving bus.
A Karnataka minister is in the centre of a controversy after a 'sting operation' by a TV channel on Thursday showed his wife allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs 7 lakh.
Karnataka BJP leader SN Channabasappa, who had threatened to behead CM Siddaramaiah if he dared to consume cow meat, has been arrested.
BJP unconditionally disowns the statement of Channabasappa, party leader in Shivamoga, against Chief Minister Siddaramiah and terms it as an uncalled for speech.
A BJP leader has threatened to behead Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah in public if he consumed cow meat.
The Congress' state unit on Tuesday slammed the party-led government in Karnataka for its insistence on constructing a checkdam across river Cauvery at Mekedatu, saying it was against the final award given by a tribunal on the inter-state issue.
Amidst controversies and uproar around beef ban, Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah on Thursday condemned the intolerance prevailing over cow slaughter, reports claimed.
Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah would expand his Cabinet on Thursday by inducting four lawmakers, including state Congress president G Parameshwar, as cabinet ministers.
Kannada writer Dr MM Kalburgi's killer may be dead.
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- PM Modi vows for stronger defence cooperation with Malaysia
- ISIS recruiting youth in West Bengal over internet: Reports
- Panel discussion: Is India only for Hindus and Pakistan for Muslims?
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Woman commits suicide by jumping in front of Delhi Metro
- DNA: Vladimir Putin's gigantic, triple-decker war room revealed
- DNA: Today In History, November 23, 2015
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended
- It was Lalu who pulled and hugged me, will continue to fight corruption, clarifies Arvind Kejriwal
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Bigg Boss: What does Aman Verma feel after elimination?
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged
- Preity Zinta to tie the knot with American boyfriend in Jan 2016?
- India vs SA, 3rd Test: Dry turner expected at Nagpur
- Do sex addicts really like watching porn?
- What's so special about Torana Gate inaugurated by PM Modi in Kuala Lumpur's 'Little India'?