Four youth in their 20s were arrested on Sunday at Pandavapura near Mandya in southern Karnataka for the gang-rape of a college student on Friday, police said.
Providing succour to distressed farmers, the Karnataka government Saturday announced waiver of interest and penal interest on crop loans from cooperative banks for the current fiscal and hike in compensation from Rs 2 lakh to Rs 5 lakh to families of farmers who had committed suicide.
Undertaking a padayatra and interacting with farmers, Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi Saturday counselled the peasants not to commit suicide as it was no solution to their problems.
Karnataka Home Minister KJ George thinks that two men raping isn't a 'gang rape'.
Its as ironical as it can get. Rahul's Gandhi has been championing the cause of farmers and their plight but his partymen have destroyed for the Congress vice president's raly in Karnataka.
Two men were arrested on Tuesday for alleged gang-rape of a 22-year-old call centre employee here at knife point in their moving van after they offered to ferry her home.
A call centre employee was allegedly gang-raped by two men in Bengaluru.
The police arrested Pradeep Gowda, nephew of Union Law Minister DV Sadananda Gowda, here on Saturday in connection with the Malekudiya hand chopping case.
Supreme Court has asked Abdul Nazir Maudany, a leader of Kerala-based Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and prime accused in the 2008 Bangalore serial bomb blasts cases, and Karnataka to provide complete information about the pending terror cases against him.
Hindu outfits Vishwa Hindu Parishad and Bajrang Dal on Wednesday demanded that the government should arrest rationalist Kannada writer K S Bhagwan for his "derogatory" remarks on Hindu Gods.
Normal life was affected in the IT city and other parts of Karnataka on Saturday following a 12-hour statewide bandh called by several pro-Kannada outfits demanding implementation of Kalasa-Banduri canal project, over which state government has locked horns with neighbouring Goa.
Normal life will be affected on Saturday across Karnataka in view of the 12-hour shut down call by several social outfits for getting water to three parched districts in the state`s northern region.
The Ganapati Visarjan festivities in Gulbarga district here turned out to be a watery grave for Mallikarjun, an employee of a private firm.
A man working as a hostel warden and priest has been arrested at Hubballi in north Karnataka for allegedly making threat calls to Karnataka Sahitya Academy for choosing rationalist free-thinker and writer KS Bhagwan for annual Honorary Awards for Lifetime Achievement for 2013.
A Special Investigation Team (SIT) of the Karnataka Lokayukta on Wednesday raided the houses of former state Minister and mining baron G Janardhana Reddy and seven others, including two legislators, in connection with alleged export of iron ore illegally from Belikere port.
Looking for possible links, Karnataka Police, probing the murder case of Kannada scholar MM Kalburgi, Tuesday questioned Sanatan Sanstha activist Samir Gaikwad arrested in connection with the murder of Communist leader and rationalist Govind Pansare here.
Senior Congress leader HR Bharadwaj on Saturday blamed "sycophants" in the party for appointing him as Kartanaka Governor soon after the 2009 Lok Sabha elections while he was the Union Law Minister.
Christian leaders belonging to various denominations of Karnataka region today submitted a memorandum to J R Lobo MLA, Chairman of the Legislature committee on the welfare of backward classes and minorities, seeking financial aid and other benefits from government for Christians to travel to Holy lands including Jerusalem, Bethlehem and Mount Sinai.
Aiming at overall economic development of the region, Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) today approved doubling of Hotgi-Kudgi-Gadag railway line, connection Mumbai and Bengaluru, at an estimated cost of Rs 2058 crore.
Allegedly upset with his wife, a man near here has punished his spouse by splashing her nude pictures across the town, reports said.
Congress-Janata Dal (Secular)-controlled city civic body BBMP has become the latest civic body to ban sale of meat within its limits on the day of Ganesha Chaturthi on September 17.
As much as 5.2kg gold valued at Rs.1.37 crore was seized from the baggage of an Indian passenger at the Bengaluru international airport on Monday, a customs official said.
Karnataka Government today expressed the state's inability to release Cauvery water to Tamil Nadu as it is "facing" the worst drought in over four decades and suggested that both the riparian states should go by the distress formula described in the final award by the Cauvery Water Disputes Tribunal.
Terming the Congress government in Karnataka as one in a "state of coma", BJP national vice President BS Yeddyurappa on Sunday said only its leaders Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi could awaken it.
Terming the Congress government in Karnataka as one in a "state of coma", BJP national vice President B S Yeddyurappa today said only its leaders Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi could awaken it.
Two passengers were killed and seven others injured when nine coaches of Mumbai-bound Duranto Express from Secunderabad derailed near here in Karnataka in the wee hours Saturday.
The Congress party on Saturday dubbed the train derailment in Karnataka as extremely unfortunate incident and said that the safety and security of passengers should be the government`s utmost priority.
At least two people were killed and several injured when Duronto Express derailed in Karnataka on Saturday morning.
With support from Janata Dal (Secular) and Independents, Congress on Friday clinched the coveted Mayor post as it edged out BJP by a slender three vote margin in the keenly contested city civic body poll.
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Nawaz Sharif invites Hurriyat leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani to Pakistan
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- Bihar Polls: Is 'Mahagathbandhan' afraid of PM Modi?
- Shiv Sena to skip PM Modi's event in Mumbai
- Now, smart e-rickshaws equipped with CCTV cameras
- Bihar Polls: First phase of polling commences
- Bihar polls: PM Modi addresses rally in Jehananbad
- Panel discussion on Pakistan's constant interference in Kashmir
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- How Twitteratis reacted to PM Modi calling Prakash Singh Badal 'Nelson Mandela'
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- Hindu community not allowed to exercise its Right to Information in Pakistan, activists protest
- India vs South Africa, 1st ODI: Rohit's century in vain as Proteas snatch 5-run win
- PM Modi lays foundation for Ambedkar memorial in Mumbai, Shiv Sena boycotts event
- KP Sharma Oli elected new Nepal Prime Minister
- Jayalalithaa urges PM Modi to take up fishermen arrests with Sri Lanka
- Invoking Ambedkar's legacy, PM Modi says no rethink on quotas as Sena boycotts his events in Mumbai
- Understanding sleep paralysis: Seven interesting facts you should know
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- OROP implementation after Bihar poll, says Manohar Parrikar
- 22 terrorists killed in Pakistan