The two Bhatkal girls, who went missing from a local Madrasa in Karnataka, have been traced to Goa, with one of them alleging rape by her father and brother-in-law.
The Supreme Court on Friday set aside the Karnataka HC order on cancelling the sanction of the five-storey plot allotted to Union Law Minister Sadananda Gowda in Bengaluru.
A day after Rahul Gandhi faced some embarrassing moments when he asked the audience about Prime Minister Narendra Modi's pet initiatives in Bengaluru, a Mount Carmel College student on Thursday tried to pacify the issue, saying the Congress vice-president was not snubbed at all.
BJP members in the Karnataka Assembly continued their dharna for the second day on Wednesday, accusing the Congress government of trying to wind up the Lokayukta institution, but later withdrew it following an appeal by the Speaker Kagodu Thimmappa.
Burglars have decamped with the Padma Bhushan and Padma Vibhushan medals conferred on renowned Kannada poet late KV Puttappa.
The Centre also urged other drought-affected states like Bihar and Jharkhand to submit their memorandum urgently so that to provide relief to farmers.
An article in 'Panchjanya' has described Tipu Sultan as 'Aurangzeb' of South who "forcibly" converted lakhs of people.
R Jagadish Kumar Kumar who represented Hebbal Assembly constituency in the city, attended the ongoing assembly session till this afternoon.
Former Minister Ramesh Kumar on Thursday raised concerns on the competence of an advocate "not presenting" proper arguments to defend the stand of the state government to execute Yettinahole project works before the Southern Zone Bench of National Green Tribunal.
There is a perception among people that Kalburgi was killed because of his frank and blunt views against superstition, Karnataka CM said.
Opposition BJP is expected to corner the Congress government in Karnataka during the Legislature session beginning on Monday.
The Centre on Friday flatly refused to intervene in the brewing Tipu Sultan row in Karnataka saying the 'peaceful' debate over the issue must be continued, however, it would be unwise to expect any involvement by the government into the matter.
A local VHP leader had died as violence erupted over the holding of the birth anniversary celebrations of 18th century Mysore ruler Tipu Sultan on Tuesday.
Security was stepped up on Thursday for noted Kannada litterateur Girish Karnad and BJP lawmaker Prathap Simha following death threats to them on social media, police said.
A 34-year-old woman was allegedly gang-raped by two security guards in Cubbon Park in Bengaluru, Karnataka.
A complaint was filed at the Vidhana Soudha police station here against Jnanpith Award winner Girish Karnad for his 'provocative' remark on naming the Bengaluru international airport after city founder Kempe Gowda, on charges that the comment has allegedly hurt the sentiments of certain sections of society.
Girish Karnad on Wednesday apologised for his remarks on naming the Bengaluru international airport after city founder Kempe Gowda even as protests against him spread in Karnataka.
A local Vishwa Hindu Parishad leader died and several others, including policemen, were injured in the violence on Tuesday.
Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah said the government has nothing to do with the remarks made by Girish Karnad.
A local VHP leader died and several others, including policemen, were injured as violence erupted over the holding of the birth anniversary celebrations of 18th century Mysore ruler Tipu Sultan.
The erstwhile King of Mysore is widely regarded as a freedom fighter who fought the initial independence wars against the British.
Vishwesha Theertha Swami of Pejawar Mutt in Udupi has opposed Karnataka government's decision to celebrate the birth anniversary of the 18th century legendary king Tipu Sultan on November 10.
The incident took place a month after a 23-year-old back office woman employee was gang-raped by a driver and a cleaner in a moving van on October 3, in which the accused have also been arrested.
Defending his government's decision celebrate the birth anniversary of the 18th century legendary king Tipu Sultan, Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah on Saturday termed opposition to it as a "conspiracy" by RSS and other communal forces to disturb harmony in society.
Amidst the row over the bribery sting involving the wife of Karnataka minister Anjaneya, BJP on Saturday approached the governor for his sacking even as Chief Minister Siddaramaiah said he is still collecting information regarding the allegation.
According to reports, the driver had asked the cleaner to drive the vehicle while he allegedly raped the girl in the moving bus.
A Karnataka minister is in the centre of a controversy after a 'sting operation' by a TV channel on Thursday showed his wife allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs 7 lakh.
Karnataka BJP leader SN Channabasappa, who had threatened to behead CM Siddaramaiah if he dared to consume cow meat, has been arrested.
BJP unconditionally disowns the statement of Channabasappa, party leader in Shivamoga, against Chief Minister Siddaramiah and terms it as an uncalled for speech.
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Is Arvind Kejriwal deceiving people by diluting the clauses of Jan Lokpal?
- Turkey: Prominent human rights activist killed in attack
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown up by mortar while filming propaganda video
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Watch: Top 25 headlines @11:00 am
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- AR Rahman's romantic ballads steal Delhi hearts
- Decision on India-Pakistan series to be taken by PM Narendra Modi: Reports
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Bigg Boss 9: Rimi Sen does not choose to leave house, Priya Malik wins immunity and captainship!
- Madhesis not serious about dialogue: Nepal minister
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation
- ISL 2015: Kerala Blasters vs FC Goa - Peview