The Kerala government today requested the Railways to implement the ambitious Sabari railway line project without insisting that the state bear half the cost.
Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy on Monday said strict action would be taken against those trying to prevent government officials from discharging official duties.
Police used lathies, tear gas shells and water cannons to chase away marches taken out by Students Federation of India (SFI) activists in various parts of the state, demanding resignation of Education Minister Abdu Rabb following delay in printing textbooks for students of the government run schools in Kerala.
The Students Federation of India ( SFI) on Monday staged a protest against the state government over delay in the publishing of school books.
A suspicious foreign fishing 'dhow', seen off the Alapuzha coast, was intercepted by the Coast Guard and brought to Vizhinjam here on Sunday.
Marumalarchi Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (MDMK) general secretary Vaiko on Saturday called for protection to be accorded to the Mullaperiyar Dam on the Periyar River, claiming that the Kerala government wants to destroy it.
Kerala Government on Friday lodged its protest with Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh over an alleged security inspection conducted by central Intelligence Bureau (IB) across the contentious Mullaperiyar Dam, without informing the state government.
Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy on Friday requested External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj to take up with the British government the proposed amendments in their immigration rules which will affect nurses from the state.
Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy Friday met Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi here, three days after the Congress led UDF won the Aruvikkara bypoll in the state.
The Supreme Court on Friday sought response from the Kerala government on Tamil Nadu's plea that security of Mullaperiyar dam be handed over to CISF.
BJP winning considerable votes in the Aruvikkara by-election is a "very ominous" development, CPI(M) said on Wednesday, terming the results as "communalization of electorate" in a literate and progressive state.
CPI-M led LDF Opposition members in Kerala today staged a walkout from the Assembly in protest against alleged attack on the media and house of an MLA by UDF workers even as Home Minister Ramesh Chennithala denied the incident.
CPI-M led LDF Opposition members in Kerala on Wednesday staged a walkout from the Assembly in protest against alleged attack on the media and house of an MLA by UDF workers even as Home Minister Ramesh Chennithala denied the incident.
Congress leader KA Sabarinathan was sworn-in as a legislator of the Kerala legislative assembly on Wednesday.
Veteran BJP leader O Rajagopal finished third in Aruvikara constituency in Kerala on Tuesday but the party's vote share saw a significant five-fold increase from 2011.
CPI(M)-led LDF opposition members in Kerala on Tuesday staged a walkout from the Assembly, protesting denial of permission for an adjournment motion, seeking discussion over the spiralling price of essential commodities and the alleged collapse of state's public distribution system.
Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy on Tuesday said the Congress led UDF victory in Aruvikkara bypoll was a clear rejection of the various corruption charges levelled against his government and the politics of violence unleashed by opposition CPI(M) led LDF.
Congress candidate KA Sabarinathan who on Tuesday won the Aruvikara Assembly seat by over 10,000 votes dedicated the win to his late father.
In what has come as a huge relief for the Congress-led UDF in Kerala, its candidate KS Sabarinath has won the Aruvikkara bypoll, Tuesday.
Veteran Marxist leader VS Achuthanandan, an atheist, today quoted the Holy Bible in the state Assembly while launching a scathing attack on Finance Minister KM Mani, a die-hard Catholic, for his alleged involvement in bar bribery scam.
A CAG report has criticised Kerala government for its "failure" in implementing the flagship Sea-plane project even after Rs 23.29 crore was sanctioned to it, saying the state's Tourism Department should have conducted the feasibility study before venturing into the project.
In a relief to job aspirants from Kerala, Kuwait government on Monday authorised a new agency which is having operations in the state to conduct medical screening of job seekers.
The rescheduled budget session of the Kerala assembly started on expected lines on Monday with the Left opposition staging a walkout after its plea for an adjournment motion was disallowed.
Opposition LDF on Monday staged a walkout in Kerala Assembly in protest against denial of permission for adjournment motion seeking discussion over state Vigilance department's decision not to prosecute Finance Minister KM Mani in the bar bribery scam.
South West Monsoon, which picked up momentum after a lull onset, is predicted to bring heavy downpour, exceeding seven cm, in isolated places in Kerala till June 30, regional meteorological station here said on Sunday.
The full-fledged budget session of Kerala Assembly, rescheduled in the wake of the June 27 Aruvikkara bypoll, will begin here on Sunday, with the opposition gearing up to corner the government over the decision of Vigilance not to prosecute Finance Minister KM Mani in the bar bribe scam.
The full-fledged budget session of Kerala Assembly, rescheduled in the wake of the June 27 Aruvikkara bypoll, will begin here Monday, with the opposition gearing up to corner the government over the decision of Vigilance not to prosecute Finance Minister K M Mani in the bar bribe scam.
Cracking down on tight jeans, short tops and leggings, a north Kerala women's college has decided to introduce uniforms for its students from this academic year which also gives the go-by to the 'naqab' for Muslim students.
Kerala Finance Minister KM Mani said on Sunday that the truth in the "non-existent" bar scam case will ultimately triumph, adding that he did no wrong.
An estimated 77.35 per cent voters exercised their franchise in the Aruvikkara Assembly seat bypoll, which saw ruling Congress-led UDF and opposition CPI(M)-headed LDF locked in a fierce battle.
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- AIB: Polythene ban - Do we care enough?
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Jharkhand: Girl commits suicide after parents refuse to build toilet in home
- Is Dawood Ibrahim threatening India?
- Is Dawood Ibrahim threatening India? Part 2
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- What is the truth behind Journalist Akshay Singh's death?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- UPSC Results 2014: Meet top three toppers
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown
- World Hockey League Semi-final: Indian eves take 5th place, keep 2016 Rio Olympics dreams alive
- Lalit Modi alleges Rahul Gandhi, Vadra were beneficiaries of his hospitality
- Uttarakhand govt sounds alert, warns of heavy rains along Chardham Yatra route
- Hrithik Roshan is god of everything: Tiger Shroff
- Australia won`t miss me, says retiring Ryan Harris
- Journalist Akshay Singh was trembling, frothing during last moments, says eyewitness
- Wimbledon 2015, Day 6: Federer defies big-serving Groth to make last 16, Brown exits
- 'Terminator Genisys' review: A treat for Schwarzenegger's fans