A man from Kerala has been included in the Interpol list of wanted people over his alleged involvement in the Rs.200 crore nurse recruitment scam in the state, a CBI official said on Wednesday.
In a politically significant move, leader of Kerala's numerically strong Ezhava community Vellapally Natesan today met BJP president Amit Shah and discussed with him the "political situation" in the state.
There has been a three-fold increase in drug abuse in Kerala after the closure of bars in the state, Home Minister Ramesh Chennithala said on Wednesday.
The Kerala government will submit its final views on the Kasturirangan report on Western Ghats on Thursday, Chief Minister Oommen Chandy said here on Wednesday.
A tanker carrying aviation fuel overturned here spilling the ATF inside the airport premises on Wednesday, triggering panic.
The proposed university being set up in Kerala for the promotion of technical education, will be named after late Indian president APJ Abdul Kalam, Chief Minister Oommen Chandy said on Wednesday.
Kerala government on Tuesday declared a seven day state mourning as a mark of respect to former President APJ Abdul Kalam.
Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy has spoken to union Home Minister Rajnath Singh on bringing the body of former president APJ Abdul Kalam to this state capital for a few hours, for the people to pay their respects, as he stayed here for nearly two decades.
Kerala legislators on Tuesday paid tribute to late president APJ Abdul Kalam exactly 10 years after he had addressed the state assembly.
A day after a nun was barred from taking a national medical test here after refusing to remove her headgear, a section of Kerala's political and religious leaders on Sunday reacted sharply.
Ruling Congress and its major coalition partner IUML in Kerala on Sunday came out against denial of permission for candidates wearing 'hijabs' and veil to appear for All India Pre Medical Entrance Test (AIPMT), terming it as 'unfortunate'.
A day after expressing his reservation over Kerala High Court's criticism of the functioning of the Advocate General's office, Chief Minister Oomen Chandy on Saturday said his government has good relation with the judiciary.
A Keralite nun was on Saturday denied permission to take the the All India Pre Medical Entrance Test (AIPMT) here after she refused to remove her veil and Holy cross as required under the CBSE's new dress code.
A four-year-old girl here was allegedly sexually assaulted by a 50-year old autorickshaw driver who used to take her to her school regularly, police said.
Undaunted by an online campaign urging boycott of Kerala over its recent decision to cull dangerous stray dogs, the government on Friday said doing away with such stray animals would only make the state more 'tourist-friendly'.
Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy on Friday expressed his reservation over the state High Court's criticism of the functioning of the Advocate General's office and asserted his government has full faith in it.
A court on Friday denied anticipatory bail to senior Kerala CPI-M leader P Jayarajan, who was questioned by the CBI last month in the murder of a Rashtriya Swayamsewak Sangh (RSS) activist.
The opposition on Friday walked out of the Kerala Assembly in protest against the chair's ruling against a discussion on the high court's observations against Advocate General KP Dhandapani.
Life convicts, who have completed 10 years of their term in various jails in Kerala, have a ray of hope as the state government has said that it will take steps to release them early.
A Keralite, who is presently in the Gulf, has landed in trouble after he inadvertently applied for an Aadhaar ID card for his pet - a Persian cat to be taken to that country.
A black flag was hurled at the open jeep in which Chief Minister Oommen Chandy was travelling for a function here this evening, sending police into a tizzy.
CPI-M protesters on Thursday evening threw a slipper at Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy and waved black flags at a public function near the state capital. The slipper, however, did not hit him.
For the second time in two weeks, Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy on Thursday questioned the propriety of Attorney General Mukul Rohatgi is appearing on behalf of bar owners opposing the state's new liquor policy.
Kerala Education Minister P.K. Abdu Rabb told the assembly on Thursday that the education department would conduct a feasibility study to see if state-run schools can open in Middle East countries.
Kerala's home department on Wednesday served a show cause notice to Additional Director General of Police Rishiraj Singh for protocol breach by him at a function attended by Home Minister Ramesh Chennithala.
Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy who faced a lot of flak from the opposition, got a reprieve on Wednesday when the CBI did not include his former gunman in the list of six accused in a land usurping case.
A Hindu outfit in Kerala on Wednesday asked the Centre not to accept the Congress-led UDF government's proposal on conservation of Western Ghats, arguing that implementation of the "much-watered down" version of Kasturirangan report would destroy the ecology of the hills.
Five persons, including two women and a child, were today killed when the car in which they were travelling collided with a Kerala State Road Transport Corporation bus here, police said.
Security has been tightened at the famous Sri Krishna temple here following a bomb hoax on Tuesday, police said.
Using verses from the Holy Quran, CPI(M)-led LDF Opposition on Tuesday tried to corner IUML leader and Education Minister PK Abdu Rabb, in the state Assembly, on the issue of delay in distribution of school textbooks for the current academic year.
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- Special: 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's case history
- DNA: A shattered Rameswaram waits to pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- SC rejects Yakub Memon's plea against death warrant
- Three-storey building collapses in Thane, six dead
- President Pranab Mukherjee rejects Yakub Memon's mercy plea
- Heavy rains trigger floods, landslides in Gujarat and Rajasthan
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- Watch: Fast N Facts @7:30 pm
- Dirty politics over a terrorist's execution; will this ever end?
- Yakub Memon files fresh mercy plea with President
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report
- APJ Abdul Kalam was just an ordinary scientist: Pakistan's AQ Khan
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed
- Serena Williams, Sania Mirza top WTA rankings
- Yakub Memon lawyer says 'no comments' when asked about Supreme Court's order
- ISIS preparing to attack India, readying for 'final battle': Report
- Mysterious white balls seen flying over Japan- Watch
- Salman Khan backs Ranbir Kapoor over 'flops'?
- Delhi HC issues show cause notice to ACB Chief MK Meena on AAP govt's contempt plea
- It's a canard that Kalam was reluctant to appoint Sonia Gandhi as PM: Manmohan Singh