The dumping of a 20-day old baby in a washing machine in Kerala is being probed by the police.
The Rs 5,180 crore Kochi metro project, which is expected to resolve travel woes in the commercial capital of Kerala, would be completed in record time, Chief Minister Oommen Chandy said on Thursday.
The Kochuveli-Dehradhun express, scheduled to leave Kochuveli at 8.50 AM on September 4 and its return journey on Sept 7 has been cancelled.
Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy on Wednesday refused to be drawn into a controversy over the inclusion State BJP President V Muraleedharan's name in the stone plaque to mark the work for NH bypass road attended by Union Minister Nitin Gadkari.
The one-day strike called by trade unions to press their demands including withdrawal of proposed changes in the labour laws affected normal life across Kerala as shops downed shutters and vehicles remained off the roads.
The toll in last week's boat tragedy here has risen to 11 with one more person succumbing to her injuries at a private hospital here.
A special CBI court here on Tuesday pronounced 13 accused guilty for the 2009 murder of Paul Muthoot George, who was stabbed to death.
Seeking to commemorate the birth anniversary of 'Peopele's President' late APJ Abdul Kalam and keep alive his memories, Aeronautical Society of India will organise elocution competition for school students of Kerala and Tamil Nadu.
A special CBI court here on Monday postponed the pronouncement of the verdict in the sensational Paul Muthoot George murder case till Tuesday.
Minister of state for food processing Sadhvi Niranjan Jyoti on Sunday asked the Hindu community to "protect" their daughters.
The central government will do its best to take forward the teachings and ideology of famed social reformer Sree Narayana Guru, union Culture and Tourism Minister Mahesh Sharma said here on Sunday.
CPI(M) veteran and state Opposition leader V S Achuthanandan on Saturday demanded a CBI probe into the alleged corruption and cheating in connection with the 108 ambulance project of Ziqitza Health Care, in Kerala.
The toll in the Wednesday's boat tragedy here has risen to ten with the recovery of two more bodies from the backwaters while the state witnessed another mishap on Friday when two houseboats caught fire in Alapuzha district.
Keralites across the state on Friday celebrated Onam with traditional fervour and gaiety.
The Supreme Court today reserved its judgement on a batch of pleas against a Kerala High Court decision upholding the state government's liquor policy that confined issuance of bar licenses to five and three star hotels.
With the recovery of two more bodies today, the death toll in Fort Kochi's boat tragedy rose to eight, police said.
PK Jayalakshmi, Kerala's sole woman cabinet minister, has issued a circular asking everyone to address her as "Sreemathi" and not "Kumari".
Death toll in the Fort Kochi boat tragedy has risen to seven with the recovery of a body of an 18-year-old girl in a harbour near here Thursday morning, police said.
Congress-led UDF government in Kerala today announced 'Dies non?No Work No Pay' for employees who go on strike on September 2 as part of the nationwide agitation by different trade unions.
Three persons were killed when a boat carrying around 30 passengers capsized and sank in the harbour mouth off Fort Kochi after colliding with a fishing craft on Wednesday, police said.
Taking a serious note of the death of a girl student at an engineering college campus during Onam festivities, Kerala government has decided to formulate strict conditions and guidelines for holding celebrations within educational institutions.
Days after a controversy triggered regarding the alleged conduct of Onam 'sadya' (feast) in an operation theater at the government Medical College Hospital here a nurse has been transferred and a doctor slapped with showcause notice.
Senior Congress leader AK Antony on Saturday cautioned political leaders in Kerala about the "deliberate" attempts being made to upset the sensitive communal balance in the state.
The 20-year-old girl student, who suffered serious injuries after she was allegedly mowed down by a jeep inside her college campus, succumbed to her injuries here, police said on Friday.
The Kerala High Court on Thursday upheld its single judge's verdict directing the local bodies polls be held on the basis of the 2010 ward delimitation, instead on basis of the recent delimitation. The state government said it will not challenge the ruling.
The Kerala High Court on Thursday directed the State Election Commission to conduct elections to local bodies without putting forward any excuse to enable them assume charge on November 1 this year.
'Athachamayam'--a colourful cultural celebration that marks the beginning of the 10 day Onam festival-- was held at nearby Tripunithura, capital of the erstwhile Royal kingdom of Kochi on Wednesday.
The Supreme Court on Tuesday directed that all temples possessing elephants and using them during religious functions in Kerala would be registered with district committees set up under relevant rules for proper and effective control over them with respect to the pachyderms.
Declaration of Kerala as a 'complete digital state' and announcement of a new youth programme in memory of former President, the late APJ Abdul Kalam marked Independence Day celebrations in the state.
Kerala Home Minister Ramesh Chennithala today flayed the "reluctance" of commercial banks in disbursing loans to needy people in the state, saying a scheme formulated for helping debt-ridden persons has failed due to non-cooperation by these banks.
- Do condom ads encourage rape?
- Teachers' Day speech: PM Modi's 10 'shiksha mantra' to students
- Indrani Mukerjea admits she killed Sheena Bora
- Indrani Mukerjea admits to role in Sheena Bora murder
- Atul Anjan apologizes to supporters for earlier statement on condom ad
- Watch: Bollywood's top breaking news
- DNA: Analysis of Sheena Bora's dairy
- Exclusive chat with 'Welcome Back' star cast
- Govt may ask airlines to reduce price of air fares
- Hurriyat's Geelani writes 'secret' letter to Nawaz Sharif
- DNA: Analysis of break up of 'grand alliance' in Bihar
- President Pranab reaches out to students on eve of Teachers' Day
- DNA: China holds military parade, announces 3 lakh troop cut
- DNA: Image of drowned Syrian toddler leaves the world in tears
- Why are children so angry nowadays?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Inside view: Hillary Clinton e-mails reveal what US thinks of India
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- My mother is like Indrani Mukerjea, she likes having sex with many men: Delhi school boy
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Pravin Togadia warns against 'Population Jihad', says Muslims must be booked if they break two children norm
- US Open 2015: After MS Dhoni's helicopter shot, Roger Federer's new innovation grabbing headlines!
- Vaginal itching: What is it and 7 common causes
- Self-styled godman Asaram gets full body massage daily inside jail
- Isha Handa case: She planned her own suicide
- Only 7% Pakistanis have faith in Narendra Modi
- Inside Story: Sonia Gandhi reason behind Mulayam deserting Lalu, Nitish?