The man held in connection with the murder of a 69-year-old nun in Pala allegedly had killed another elderly nun at a convent near Erattupetta in April this year, police said on Tuesday.
Australia on Monday made it clear that people who attempt to travel illegally to the country by sea would not be allowed to settle there.
BJP president Amit Shah on Sunday said his party's main agenda was a "Congress free India".
With the twin objectives of weaning the inmates away from criminal activities and providing them a skill for their future livelihood, the central prison here will converted into a skill training school.
Suspected Pakistani hackers have hacked the official website of the Kerala government, www.keralagov.in.
The release of Malayalam translation of a book authored by former president APJ Abdul Kalam was cancelled here on Saturday after protests erupted over a woman writer being allegedly asked to stay away from the function citing the presence of a 'swamiji'.
Kerala police chief TP Senkumar on Friday said he asked his district police chiefs to see action is taken against illegal killing of stray dogs.
Kerala government will grant an additional Rs one crore to restore 'Padmatheertham', the holy temple tank located adjacent to the famed Sree Padmanabha Swamy Temple here, to its past glory.
A Haj pilgrim from Kerala died in Makkah on Thursday but not in the stampede, said a Congress leader who is also on pilgrimage.
The Congress on Thursday accused the CPI-M of forging political ties with the BJP on numerous occasions in the past, adding that the communist party was making baseless statements against it as a cover-up.
Saudi Arabia`s Health Minister Khalid bin Abdulaziz Al-Falih has met around 50 nurses from Kerala in the troubled city of Jizan along the Yemen border, and assured them that those who wish to stay will be transferred to safe places.
Around 50 nurses from Kerala are awaiting a nod from authorities in Saudi Arabia and the Indian embassy to return to India, as they also want issues related to their work experience and certificates to be taken care of.
A court here on Saturday issued summons to four Congress lawmakers on a complaint by two women opposition legislators alleging the ruling party members had molested them on the floor of the assembly on March 13 when the 2015-16 budget was presented.
Two days after a Kerala nun was found lying in a pool of blood in her room on Thursday, police claimed to have unearthed vital leads about her murder.
Chief Minister Oommen Chandy has urged External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj to help eight Keralites stranded in two African countries return home at the earliest.
The much waited draw of Onam Bumper 2015 was held on Friday at Thiruvananthapuram.
Months of wait by lakhs of people who bought Onam Bumper 2015 (BR-45) tickets is about end as the draw of results is currently being held in Thiruvananthapuram, the capital city of Kerala.
Thiruvonam Bumper (Onam Bumper) 2015 (BR-45) draw has begun at Sree Chithra Home Auditorium, Pazhavangadi, East Fort, Thiruvananthapuram.
Instruction in IT and electronics is going to be strengthened in all the schools in Kerala, a minister said on Thursday.
In a significant step to check the menace of stray dogs in Kerala, the state government on Wednesday directed civic bodies to take necessary steps to control the violent dogs.
A woman in Kerala, who was travelling through a state transport bus, suddenly fell on road after the rear floor of the bus split open.
An outfit of Kerala's Namboothiri Brahmins has demanded minority status for them, arguing that the community, which faced a socio-economic fall out after implementation of land reforms act, is minuscule in the state.
Due to late running of its pairing train, the Kanniyakumari-Mumbai CST Express has been rescheduled to leave Kanniyakumari at 9-00 am on Wednesday.
Four youths suspected to be having links with terror outfit Islamic State (IS) were detained when they arrived from Abu Dhabi early Tuesday and are being questioned.
With just days to go for the draw of results of Thiruvonam Bumper (Onam Bumper) 2015 (BR-45), the lakhs of people who have bought tickets are waiting with bated breath in the hope that fortune will smile on them.
Cyber police here has launched a probe into an alleged bid by supporters of ISIS to lure a Kerala youth to join the terror group by sending messages through mobile application WhatsApp, police said on Monday.
The Kerala government has requested the Centre to continue the additional monthly allocation of 30,000 metric tonnes of foodgrains to the state.
In a big boost to Prime Minister's Narendra Modi's work towards restoring the pristine glory of Mother Ganges, the Mata Amritanandanmayi Math, founded by Mata Amritanandamayi Devi, donated a whopping Rs 100 crore towards the 'Namami Gange' Project.
The Kerala government will take over ESI Corporation`s Medical College and Hospital near Kollam which is presently under the union labour and employment ministry, said Chief Minister Oommen Chandy on Wednesday.
The Kerala government has cleared the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) as the implementing agency and given administrative sanction for the proposed Light Metro project in Kozhikode and the state capital, Chief Minister Oommen Chandy said on Wednesday.
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- UP: Time bomb found at Farukhabad Railway Station
- Indrani attempted suicide or big security lapse by jail authorities?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Does a corrupt govt influence the mindset of the youth?
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- What is PM Modi's operation 'prism'?
- Panel discussion on votebank politics over Dadri lynching case
- Watch: Today's top headlines @9:00 pm
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa - Statistical highlights
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- Did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Local BJP member's son instigated crowd to attack Mohammed Iqlakh
- Know what Farhan Akhtar’s TV show 'I Can Do That’ is all about
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Shashank Manohar formally elected as BCCI president
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!
- 2015 FIFA Ballon d'Or longlist leaked; Ospina in with Messi, Ronaldo but no Buffon: Report
- Sachin Tendulkar, Rahul Dravid, Anil Kumble depose before Lodha Commission