Kerala Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) Kannur district secretary P Jayarajan, who is an accused in the murder of Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) worker Kathiroor Manoj, was on Friday sent to a month`s judicial custody after he surrendered before the district sessions court at Thalassery.
Health sector gets Rs 1013.11 crore out of which Rs 18.3 crore has been earmarked for hospitals for women and kids.
The number of job seekers in Kerala has come down during the tenure of the United Democratic Front (UDF) government led by Chief Minister Oommen Chandy, according to the economic review tabled on Thursday in the assembly.
The Kerala government on Wednesday sanctioned Rs 25 lakh for the family of Lance Naik Sudheesh, who hailed from Kollam and who was one of the nine soldiers who died in an avalanche on Siachen glacier.
Sharpening his attack on Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Rahul Gandhi today accused him of being "superficial" and also of undertaking a "poisonous" campaign along with RSS with the main aim of "dividing" Hindus and Muslims during polls.
A fresh controversy has erupted after CPI(M) accused Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) of forging an alliance with Indian Union Muslim League (IUML) ahead of Kerala Assembly elections.
For the second consecutive day, the Kerala Assembly proceedings were disrupted after CPI(M)-led LDF opposition continued their protests against UDF government over the bar bribery scam.
Ahead of Assembly elections in Kerala, the two known factions of the CPI-M in the state have decided to work together, setting aside their internal issues.
Union Minister Mahesh Sharma has favoured the entry of women in Sabarimala temple.
Amid the row over Kerala's Sabarimala temple denying entry to women, Congress leader Shashi Tharoor on Wednesday asserted the Indian Constitution does not permit gender discrimination and added that they should be allowed to enter whichever shrine they chose to visit.
Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi on Wednesday urged party leaders in Kerala to stop fighting among themselves ahead of the assembly polls, saying only "the Congress can defeat the Congress".
Rahul Gandhi mocked PM Modi for his statement that 'MNREGA will continue, it is living example of Congress's failure'.
Saritha S Nair, prime accused in the solar panel scam today produced a sealed cover containing "evidences" before a judicial commission probing the scam, claiming that it would "justify" her statements before it.
Rahul also accused the Prime Minister of turning back on the promises made to people prior to 2014 Lok Sabha polls.
The Kerala assembly was adjourned for the day on Tuesday following some remarks made by leader of opposition VS Achuthanandan about the family members of Chief Minister Oommen Chandy with regard to the `solar scam`.
The solar scam rocked the Kerala assembly today with the CPI(M)-led LDF opposition disrupting proceedings, demanding the resignation of Chief Minister Oommen Chandy, following which the House was adjourned for a while.
Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi is due to begin his two-day visit to Kerala from Tuesday where he will meet party leaders to discuss strategies for the upcoming Assembly polls in the state.
An expert panel inventorying assets at Kerala’s famous Padmanabhaswamy Temple has approached the apex court for permission to open a hitherto-untouched vault.
Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi will commence a two-day visit of Kerala from tomorrow. He will visit Thiruvananthapuram and Kochi.
Tipplers in the state have united under the banner of Kerala Liquor Consumers’ Protection Forum.
In an affidavit, the state government said administration of the temple vests with the Travancore Devaswom Board.
Saritha Nair has claimed that Kerala CM's son Chandy Oommen was closely involved in the solar scam.
Deposing before a judicial commission probing the solar panel scam, prime accused Saritha S Nair Friday produced a sealed cover containing details of powerful politicians allegedly sexually abused her in Kerala.
Based on the recommendation of the leaders of the ruling United Democratic Front, Chief Minister Oommen Chandy, after the weekly cabinet meeting on Wednesday, had told reporters that they will go forward to unravel the conspiracy behind the solar and bar scam.
Kerala Governor P Sathasivam described the 5-year-rule of Oommen Chandy government as the 'golden age of opportunities'.
Protests broke out in the Kerala Legislative Assembly on Friday over the solar scam as opposition LDF lawmakers staged a walk-out during Governor P Sathasivam `s speech on the opening day of the budget session.
Union Ministers Prakash Javadekar and Piyush Goyal were later flown to Delhi and Mumbai respectively by other flights.
Slamming the Congress and CPI-M led fronts, which had ruled Kerala alternatively, BJP President Amit Shah on Thursday alleged that both had followed vote bank politics with "violence and corruption" being the hallmark of their tenure.
The CPI-M on Thursday said a cooperative-sector Kerala Bank will be established if the party is voted to power in the assembly polls later this year.
The Election Commission (EC) will hold meetings with political leaders and senior state government officials in Thiruvananthapuram on Wednesday to take stock of preparations for assembly elections in the state.
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- BJP leader Visheshwar Ojha shot dead in Bihar
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part III
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part II
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU
- Tearful farewell to Siachen braveheart Lance Naik Hanumanthappa
- Missing Army Captain Shikhar Deep found in Faizabad
- No trace of Army Capt Shikhardeep, now missing for six days
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal
- Salman Khan hints at marriage plans; is Iulia Vantur the lucky girl?
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- 'Meri Pyaari Bindu': Get a slice of singer Parineeti Chopra – Watch video
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Kiss Day' with these unique kisses!
- All out for 0! Chasing 120 to win, team fails to score a single run in Kent indoor game
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls
- 4th ODI: South Africa vs England - Hosts win game by solitary wicket to level series
- Historic Jain temple demolished in Lahore to make way for metro train