IPS officer Merin Joseph has slammed an article written in a Hindi Daily.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday congratulated Pinarayi Vijayan on being sworn in as the new Kerala chief minister.
Pinarayi Vijayan on Wednesday took oath as 12th Chief Minister of Kerala.
Former Kerala chief minister VS Achuthanandan was recently given a ceremonial title of 'Kerala's Fidel Castro' by Communist Party of India (Marxist) general secretary Sitaram Yechury.
The swearing-in ceremony of Communist Party of India (Marxist) leader Pinarayi Vijayan as Kerala's 22nd chief minister will take place at the Central Stadium.
Having accomplished the party`s desire to opening its account in the Kerala assembly, top BJP leaders in the state have now begun a scramble to secure a possible ministerial berth in the Narendra Modi government where a reshuffle is on the cards.
Kerala Chief Minister-designate Pinarayi Vijayan on Tuesday celebrated his birthday with the media by distributing sweets.
The goal of the new government will solely be to work for the people, Pinarayi Vijayan said.
Naik Sivadasan K, aged 53 years, was found dead while on duty as an armed sentry at the Naval Base.
Following the furore after Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader Preeti Sharma Menon raised the issue of Maharashtra BJP minister Eknath Khadse being on the most dialled list of Mumbai underworld fugitive Dawood Ibrahim's international call list, the latter on Sunday asserted that he is all set to launch legal proceedings against her as her charges were false and baseless, as usual.
There were reports that CPI-M veteran VS Achuthanandan was unhappy at not being anointed as Chief Minister of Kerala.
Pinarayi Vijayan would be sworn-in as Kerala`s 22nd chief minister on May 25, in the state capital .
Several families were evacuated from Champakkara area near here after leakage of ammonia gas from a barge on Friday night, district authorities said.
Yechury said Achuthanandan, 92, was not given a second stint in view of his age and physical limitations.
Unlike Achuthanandan, who is a mass leader and a brand name in Kerala, Pinarayi Vijayan, a polit bureau member, is seen as a man in sync with party dynamics.
CPI-M leader Sitaram Yechury said that considering VS Achuthanandan's age, Pinarayi Vijayan has been chosen for the Kerala CM's post.
The Communist Party of India (Marxist) will on Friday announce politburo member Pinarayi Vijayan as Kerala's 22nd chief minister.
Oommen Chandy on Friday stepped down as the chief minister of Kerala.
Both John and Mohsin had stood together at the JNU when Kanhaiya Kumar, Umar Khalid, Anirban Bhattacharya, including some other students were arrested.
Following its victory, the CPI(M) will meet today to decide who will be the new chief minister of Kerala.
CPI(M)-led LDF has won 91 seats in Kerala Assembly, Congress-led UDF could win only 47 seats as against 72 seats it won in 2011.
The result of Kerala Assembly election came as a huge setback for United Democratic Front.
At least one person was killed in a bomb attack during a poll victory rally in Kerala's Pinarayi town on Thursday.
The LDF victory has not come as a surprise, as the alliance has met the expectations of replacing the UDF every alternate year in Kerala.
Hours after winning the Kerala Assembly polls with a thumping majority, CPI (M) General Secretary Sitaram Yechury on Thursday said that result is against the unprecedented corruption and misrule by UDF in last 5 years.
As exit poll had suggested, the Left Democratic Front has trounced the United Democratic Front (UDF) with huge margin in the May 16 Kerala Assembly election.
After cricket, S Sreesanth's innings in politics too failed to achieve anything substantial.
In his new blog, where the writer is announcing his loyality towards ISIS chief Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, the blogger also urged Muslims not to abide by the Indian constitution.
Achuthanandan is leading from Malampuzha in Palakkad district as is Pinrayi Vijayan from Dharmadom in Kannur.
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges - Part II
- DNA: How BSF soldiers guard the border in scorching summer heat
- DNA: Why is Congress taking support of affidavits to ensure alliance of MLA's?
- DNA: Analysis of how cancer is increasing death toll in India
- DNA: Today in History | May 25, 2016
- Panel discussion over Congress using affidavits to secure MLA's
- Panel discussion over Congress using affidavits to secure MLA's Part II
- Panel discussion over Congress using affidavits to secure MLA's Part IV
- Panel discussion over Congress using affidavits to secure MLA's Part III
- Not hosting Modi government event: Amitabh Bachchan
- No compromise on terrorism, says PM Modi
- 2 years of BJP govt: PM Modi's interview with Wall Street Journal!
- Watch: Cow creates chaos near Parliament area!
- Sinners offering money to temples for solace: Chandrababu Naidu
- Babies affected by Zika prone to eye damage: Research
- Now cancel counter-booked wait-listed train tickets online
- Watch: How a bionic suit helped a paralyzed father make his daughter's wedding day memorable!
- Maoists kill LJP leader, brother in Bihar
- French Open 2016, Day 4: Sania Mirza, Leander Paes, Rohan Bopanna enter French Open second round
- Panama probe independent of Bachchan's presence at Modi bash: Union Law Minister
- PM Modi congratulates new Kerala CM
- Jharkhand Maoists torch 35 vehicles in 150 days; contractors panic
- Loyalty declaration on stamp paper a symbol of slavery: BJP
- Militants kill cop, snatch weapon from another in Kashmir
- Arms training: Bajrang Dal's Ayodhya chief Mahesh Mishra arrested over charges of inciting religious hatred
- Left, Congress call for people's movement against Trinamool 'terror'
- SP main rival in UP polls, not decided on CM face: Amit Shah
- Pope prays to 'convert hearts' of Islamic State jihadists
- Cristiano Ronaldo wants extended Real Madrid stay