In a U-turn, BJP in Kerala today welcomed Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan's decision appointing Harvard University Professor Gita Gopinath as his Economic Advisor, saying there was 'nothing wrong' in it.
Having lost Kerala's chief ministership in the May elections, Oommen Chandy seems to be enjoying life's small pleasures, like taking a 75 km bus ride from Kollam to the state capital.
Following the arrest of two suspected Islamic State sympathisers by the Kerala Police, the BJP state unit on Thursday demanded a probe into a claim by one of the arrested accused that 700 persons from the southern state were converted to Islam.
Protesting against the restriction imposed on the media from covering court proceedings, Kerala Union of Working Journalists (KUWJ) today called for a boycott of advocates and their programmes in the state.
Noted writer and social activist Mahasweta Devi passed away on Thursday at the age of 90.
Six final year students, including three girls, of a private college near Vadakara here have been arrested on charges of ragging and abetting the suicide of a junior student of the same college, police said today.
A young Muslim writer was assaulted by a group of unidentified youths in the Palakkad district of Kerala for allegedly insulting God in the title of his new collection of short stories.
21 people from Kerala have gone missing and are suspected to have links with ISIS.
The Travancore Devasom Board (TDB) that looks after the affairs of the famed Sabarimala temple is firm on its stand that it does not wish to allow entry of females in the age group of 10 to 50 into the temple.
At 86, Dakshayani shows no signs of ageing and looks absolutely fit as she gets all set to enter the Guinness World Records as the oldest living elephant.
Both were produced in a local court in Kochi, which sent them to transit remand till July 25.
Former Kerala Minister and Congress leader A.K. Babu`s woes continued as a court here on Thursday ordered a fresh vigilance case against him following a petition filed by a newly-formed hotels association.
One of the missing youngsters of Kerala has sent a message to his family; the message is shocking indeed!
Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan on Friday said that he would take up with the Centre the issue of a Keralite youth incarcerated in a Kenyan prison since 2014.
Dhanesh Mathew Manjooran was chased and caught by locals after the woman raised an alarm following the molestation bid by him late this evening.
Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan defended his honorary legal advisor M K Damodaran.
Bindu in her petition said her daughter was missing for the past one month and sought a probe.
CPI-M in Kerala said the party is in favour of entry of women of all age groups to the Lord Ayyappa hill shrine at Sabarimala.
After a lull, two political murders that of a CPI-M activist and a BJP worker within a span of few hours again shook north Kerala's politically sensitive Kannur district.
The two missing youths had sent a voice message to their families in which they said that they are not terrorists.
A 38-year-old CPI(M) worker was allegedly hacked to death by an unidentified gang at Payyanur here, police said Tuesday.
The report noticed major lapses in maintenance of basic records relating to building permits by Thrissur and Thiruvananthapuram Corporations.
The Supreme Court indicated it may refer to a five-judge constitution bench the issue of the centuries-old practice of barring entry of women to the Sabarimala temple.
Saying terrorists have no religion, Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan on Monday said an entire community should not be blamed for the alleged links of some with the IS.
The fire was caused by an unauthorised display of fireworks at the Puttingal Devi temple.
The Indian Union Muslim League today came out in support of preacher Zakir Naik, saying Zakir naik is an "advocate of peace theory in Islam".
Seventeen men and women are missing from Kerala's Kasargode district, and a police officer said on Sunday they were probing reports that they may have joined the Islamic State.
Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan has ordered a probe into the mysterious disappearance of about a dozen youth who are feared to have joined the Islamic State.
The Kerala Police have registered a case of murder and booked three men after a 50-year-old man died while confronting his daughter's eve-teasers in Paloor here.
The video, which has now become viral on social media, shows a distraught baby male elephant trying to wake up its mother after she fell down and died near Kavadiammal temple in Pallam.
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Heavy rains wreak havoc across the country!
- Pakistani terrorist captured in Kashmir is a resident of Lahore
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families? - Part II
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India?
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India? Part-II
- Salim Khan recalls Rajesh Khanna’s stardom, responds to Naseeruddin Shah’s ‘bitter’ remarks about first superstar
- BlackBerry DTEK50: 5 reasons why is it touted to be world's most secured smartphone
- Rocky, the Orangutan, mimics human sounds – Watch it to believe it
- Turkey continues crackdown, shuts dozens of media outlets
- Apple to rely on apps and services after disappointing sales
- Never revealed the name of Burari rape victim: DCW chief
- Why Dalits from Tamil Nadu's Karur are threatening to convert to Islam
- 'Dragon' is coming soon! Alia Bhatt-Ranbir Kapoor ready to roll
- WATCH: Virat Kohli floors Pakistan cricket fans with touching message for Aleem Dar's son
- Ashutosh Gowariker, Kay Kay Menon launch Raj Supe's new book
- Sunil Munjal to step down from Hero MotoCorp Board on August 16
- 'Munnabhai' third part delayed due to Sanjay Dutt biopic: Arshad Warsi
- Companies likely to raise about $75 bn through issuance of green bonds in 2016
- Mayawati slur row: No relief for expelled BJP leader Dayashankar Singh from Allahabad HC
- OMG! 'Naagin' Mouni Roy has a doppelganger in another TV actress—Picture proof inside