The fans of Jagathy Sreeekumar can now take a sigh of relief as the reports claiming the death of the Malayalam actor are noting more than a hoax.
Two labourers of a sewerage cleaning contract company and an auto driver died of asphyxiation after inhaling poisonous gas here Thursday, Kerala police said.
The NIA special court will Thursday pronounce the quantum of punishment to the five SIMI activists in the secret meeting case of 2006.
Kozhikode-based VP Rajeena is a senior journalist with a prominent Malayalam newspaper.
If a person who knows swimming dies of drowning, it is a matter to be investigated, the Kerala High Court on Wednesday observed while hearing a petition seeking a further probe into the death of a seer.
A 19-year-old girl student suffered serious head injuries after she was hit by a speeding bike near the college campus.
Sabarimala Temple Board's controversial decision to install machines to test menstruating women has sparked outrage over social networking sites, triggering a campaign called 'Happy to Bleed' to protest the move.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will visit Kerala on December 15 - for the first time after taking office last year.
Five members of a marriage party were killed and 25 others injured when a bus carrying them collided with a lorry at Ikarappadi, about 20 km from here, early Monday morning.
Six people were arrested in connection with an online prostitution case in Kochi, Kerala.
The 'Kiss of Love' campaign had gained huge traction at the national level.
Two organisers of the ‘Kiss of love protest’ Resmi R Nair and her husband Rahul Pashupalan, were arrested by Kerala Police.
In remarks that have triggered a controversy, Kerala Education Minister PK Abdu Rabb on Tuesday said he was not in favour of boys and girls sitting next to each other in college campuses.
Untold sufferings and horrifying experiences of a Bangladeshi woman, who was raped and tortured in Kerala during her search for job, has led her to the world of letters and colours in God's own country.
Kerala government is getting ready to set up a first-of-its-kind university in the country, exclusively for research-oriented studies related to gender.
The first Broad Gauge train service on Palakkad Town-Pollachi Railway line will start operations from November 16.
An Ecuadorian naval ship with 153 crew, including 51 officer trainees on board, is visiting Kochi.
Kerala's Excise Minister K Babu, who is facing heat over bar bribery scandal, Friday alleged that a "political conspiracy" was hatched at a CPI(M) MLA's residence last December to target the UDF government over the issue.
KM Mani, supremo of KC(M), the third largest partner in the Congress led UDF, put in his papers on Tuesday.
Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy on Wednesday met KM Mani, who resigned as Finance Minister yesterday in the wake of adverse remarks by High Court against him in the bar bribery case.
Main events in Bar bribery case that led to the resignation of K M Mani, Kerala Finance Minister and chief of Kerala Congress (M), the third largest partner in the Congress-led UDF in Kerala.
Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy on Tuesday accepted the resignation of Finance Minister KM Mani in the wake of the High Court observations against him in the bar bribery case.
Kerala Finance Minister KM Mani, who is at the centre of the bar scam tendered his resignation on Tuesday.
Kerala Congress(M) rebel MLA PC George, against whom the party had initiated disqualification proceedings, Tuesday announced his decision to resign as member of the Legislative Assembly.
The Left opposition as well as the allies of the Congress-led United Democratic Front, including the Congress, want Mani to quit.
In what could be a huge setback for State Finance Minister KM Mani who is at the centre of the bar scam here, the Kerala High Court on Monday upheld the Special Vigilance Court's direction asking for a further probe.
The Kerala HC, while passing the order, said that it finds no reason to interfere with the findings of facts by Vigilance court against KM Mani.
Kerala civic polls: The Left grouping won in 10,338 seats as against 8,846 seats for the Congress led UDF and 1,244 seats for the BJP.
As the opposition Left Democratic Front maintained an impressive lead in local body elections in Kerala, Chief Minister Oommen Chandy on Saturday said it "in no way reflects a wave in favour of the Left".
In Kerala civic polls, Congress-led UDF suffered a setback in the civic elections as CPI-M -led LDF won a majority of local bodies while BJP made inroads.
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks: Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Exclusive: Heart-rending conditions of Kashmiri Pandits in J&K
- Ambedkar never thought about leaving India despite criticism: Rajnath's jibe at Aamir
- Panel discussion on India-Pakistan cricket series
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- GST deadlock: PM Modi invites Sonia Gandhi, Manmohan Singh for tea
- When will 26/11 mastermind Hafiz Saeed get arrested?
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Simon Harmer overshadows Imran Tahir on Day 1 in 3rd Test
- Watch: How NASA astronauts are celebrating Thanksgiving in space!
- Shah Rukh Khan strikes a pose with ‘bestest’ friend Divya – See pic
- After brilliant century, Arjun Tendulkar claims four-wicket haul in U-16 match
- New poster: 'Har Har Mahadev', says Ranveer in 'Bajirao Mastani'!
- Online intolerance: Kerala journo faces threats for writing about madrasa child abuse
- Wear burqa in Switzerland and face a $9,835 fine
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- US strike on hospital was frightening catalogue of errors: MSF