If there appeared to be "dark clouds" on the horizon on the eve of the four-year-old Oommen Chandy government in Kerala, better sense appeared to have prevailed as all differences of opinion within the Congress party and amongst allies have been settled.
Hitting out at Congress, BJP president Amit Shah Tuesday charged the previous UPA government with 'plundering' the country through scams while asserting that the Narendra Modi government had mobilised huge revenues during its one-year rule.
The Kerala Department of Higher Secondary Education (DHSE) will be declaring the Kerala HSE (Class 12) results on Thursday, 21 May, 2015 at 12 noon.
After triggering a political storm in Kerala with his corruption remark, senior Congress leader AK Antony on Monday clarified that it was only a general statement and not intended to target anyone.
Roman Catholic Church in Kerala is waiting for "directions" from the Vatican after taking initial action against a priest based on Canon law for allegedly raping a teenaged girl earlier this year.
An uneasy political calm surrounds the Congress-led UDF government in Kerala headed by Oommen Chandy as it sails into the fifth year today with groupism resurfacing in the party and ties souring with some of the coalition partners.
On the eve of his government completing four years in office, Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy said he was confident the people would again repose confidence in the United Democratic Front (UDF) administration when assembly elections are held next year.
Some 5,17,633 candidates will write an exam conducted by the Kerala Public Service Commission at 2,121 centres across the state on Saturday.
Five Maoists, arrested near here recently in a joint police operation, claimed in a court that police during interrogation threatened to kill them in an 'encounter'.
The Congress-led UDF government in Kerala on Friday came out against the recent Supreme Court verdict banning photos of political dignitaries in government advertisements, as not in tune with federal system.
An Indian-origin man has been found hanging near a reservoir in east London after the bodies of his wife and twin daughters were discovered at their family home, prompting Scotland Yard to launch a probe into the mysterious deaths.
A major fire broke out inside the city's famed business hub Mittayi Theravu Wednesday night, gutting at least 10 shops and damaging several others but there was no report of any casualty, police said.
Kerala cabinet on Wednesday decided to introduce an insurance scheme for Anganwadi workers and helpers and set up a Kerala Anganwadi Workers and Helpers Welfare Fund.
Concerned over maoists' move to radicalise tribals and youths in some parts of state, Kerala Government has decided to "double" its developmental and welfare initiatives in vulnerable areas.
Kerala Ports Minister K Babu on Wednesday said the final call on making the dream Vizhinjam port project a reality will be taken by the Kerala Cabinet next week.
Kerala government on Tuesday transferred Inspector General of Kerala Police T J Jose who was caught for allegedly copying in a university examination, from Thrissur range and ordered a crime branch probe into the incident.
Many residents working and living in high-rise buildings in this Kerala city of Kochi on Tuesday afternoon were seen scurrying to safety after experiencing an earthquake that lasted for over a minute.
Bowing to demands from Kerala Congress (M), a key partner in the front, Congress-led UDF on Tuesday decided to change the date of the proposed Central zone political campaign rally of the coalition to May 27.
The condition of the three Sports Authority of India (SAI) girl athletes, who attempted suicide last week, is improving and they are recovering well, said a doctor at the Medical College Hospital here.
A final decision on zonal rallies, likely to be held from May 19-25 to highlight the achievements of the four-year-old Congress-led UDF government, will be taken on Tuesday, Chief Minister Oommen Chandy said on Sunday.
Asserting that Congress-led UDF will return to power in 2016, Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy has sought to play down the wide perception that he might face challenges from "alternative power centres" in the Congress for his bid to become Chief Minister again.
Kerala Youth Affairs Minister PK Jayalekshmi on Sunday entered wedlock with her childhood friend Anil Kumar.
Monsoon is expected to arrive on time this year, hitting Kerala on June 1, but rainfall may remain below normal, prompting the government to put in place a contingency plan and push crop insurance for farmers.
Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi will address a youth Congress rally in Kerala on May 26 as part of its preparations to brace up the party workers before the local body polls slated for this year and assembly polls next year.
Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy was on Saturday handed over a report of a panel that looked into the reasons for the defeat of UDF candidate and JD(U) state president M P Veerendra Kumar in Palakkad in the last Lok Sabha polls.
Kerala Youth Affairs Minister PK Jayalekshmi is all set to enter wedlock on Sunday.
Putting up a brave face, Kerala Finance Minister KM Mani, whose statement was taken by a Vigilance team in connection with the bar bribery scam, on Saturday said there was "nothing unusual" in the procedure.
Rahul Gandhi's renewed efforts to strengthen the Congress at the grassroot level and Sonia Gandhi's leadership will enable the party to "come back with force," Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy said here on Friday.
Ten persons belonging to a radical outfit were on Friday sentenced to eight years rigorous imprisonment by a special NIA court for chopping off a hand of a college professor in Kerala in 2010, accusing him of hurting religious sentiments through a question paper he had set.
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Shocking! 7 veg food items that may actually be non veg
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25