The Kerala government on Wednesday sanctioned Rs 25 lakh for the family of Lance Naik Sudheesh, who hailed from Kollam and who was one of the nine soldiers who died in an avalanche on Siachen glacier.
Sharpening his attack on Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Rahul Gandhi today accused him of being "superficial" and also of undertaking a "poisonous" campaign along with RSS with the main aim of "dividing" Hindus and Muslims during polls.
A fresh controversy has erupted after CPI(M) accused Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) of forging an alliance with Indian Union Muslim League (IUML) ahead of Kerala Assembly elections.
For the second consecutive day, the Kerala Assembly proceedings were disrupted after CPI(M)-led LDF opposition continued their protests against UDF government over the bar bribery scam.
Ahead of Assembly elections in Kerala, the two known factions of the CPI-M in the state have decided to work together, setting aside their internal issues.
Union Minister Mahesh Sharma has favoured the entry of women in Sabarimala temple.
Amid the row over Kerala's Sabarimala temple denying entry to women, Congress leader Shashi Tharoor on Wednesday asserted the Indian Constitution does not permit gender discrimination and added that they should be allowed to enter whichever shrine they chose to visit.
Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi on Wednesday urged party leaders in Kerala to stop fighting among themselves ahead of the assembly polls, saying only "the Congress can defeat the Congress".
Rahul Gandhi mocked PM Modi for his statement that 'MNREGA will continue, it is living example of Congress's failure'.
Saritha S Nair, prime accused in the solar panel scam today produced a sealed cover containing "evidences" before a judicial commission probing the scam, claiming that it would "justify" her statements before it.
Rahul also accused the Prime Minister of turning back on the promises made to people prior to 2014 Lok Sabha polls.
The Kerala assembly was adjourned for the day on Tuesday following some remarks made by leader of opposition VS Achuthanandan about the family members of Chief Minister Oommen Chandy with regard to the `solar scam`.
The solar scam rocked the Kerala assembly today with the CPI(M)-led LDF opposition disrupting proceedings, demanding the resignation of Chief Minister Oommen Chandy, following which the House was adjourned for a while.
Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi is due to begin his two-day visit to Kerala from Tuesday where he will meet party leaders to discuss strategies for the upcoming Assembly polls in the state.
An expert panel inventorying assets at Kerala’s famous Padmanabhaswamy Temple has approached the apex court for permission to open a hitherto-untouched vault.
Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi will commence a two-day visit of Kerala from tomorrow. He will visit Thiruvananthapuram and Kochi.
Tipplers in the state have united under the banner of Kerala Liquor Consumers’ Protection Forum.
In an affidavit, the state government said administration of the temple vests with the Travancore Devaswom Board.
Saritha Nair has claimed that Kerala CM's son Chandy Oommen was closely involved in the solar scam.
Deposing before a judicial commission probing the solar panel scam, prime accused Saritha S Nair Friday produced a sealed cover containing details of powerful politicians allegedly sexually abused her in Kerala.
Based on the recommendation of the leaders of the ruling United Democratic Front, Chief Minister Oommen Chandy, after the weekly cabinet meeting on Wednesday, had told reporters that they will go forward to unravel the conspiracy behind the solar and bar scam.
Kerala Governor P Sathasivam described the 5-year-rule of Oommen Chandy government as the 'golden age of opportunities'.
Protests broke out in the Kerala Legislative Assembly on Friday over the solar scam as opposition LDF lawmakers staged a walk-out during Governor P Sathasivam `s speech on the opening day of the budget session.
Union Ministers Prakash Javadekar and Piyush Goyal were later flown to Delhi and Mumbai respectively by other flights.
Slamming the Congress and CPI-M led fronts, which had ruled Kerala alternatively, BJP President Amit Shah on Thursday alleged that both had followed vote bank politics with "violence and corruption" being the hallmark of their tenure.
The CPI-M on Thursday said a cooperative-sector Kerala Bank will be established if the party is voted to power in the assembly polls later this year.
The Election Commission (EC) will hold meetings with political leaders and senior state government officials in Thiruvananthapuram on Wednesday to take stock of preparations for assembly elections in the state.
Amid the Left opposition`s demand for his resignation in the solar scam, Chief Minister Oommen Chandy on Wednesday said he had done no wrong in the case.
The Left opposition in Kerala led by former chief minister VS Achuthanandan requested Governor P Sathasivam on Wednesday not to address the assembly session as the Oommen Chandy government is neck deep in the solar scam.
A day after she stuck to her claim that she was sexually abused, the judicial commission probing the solar panel scam on Tuesday allowed prime accused Saritha S Nair to produce details of the alleged incidents and supporting documentary evidences in sealed covers.
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- Does religion teach gender discrimination?
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- Does religion teach gender discrimination? - Part III
- DNA: Know about world's highest battlefield Siachen
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- Does religion teach gender discrimination? - Part II
- Security advisor Kunal Verma's book reveals untold story behind 1962 Indo-China war
- Now, Pakistan too in the race to acquire Kohinoor diamond!
- Four people burnt dead in Delhi's Dilshad Garden
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- Like a boss! Prince Narula is back in the game
- While politics got 'detached' from religion, Modi govt took measures to preserve 'Sanatan Dharma': Amit Shah
- Watch: This guy convinces girls to get pictures clicked with him – know how
- Say goodbye to your acidity woes with these ten simple tips!
- A woman encounters a huge wolf and the most unexpected thing happens - Watch
- India prays for Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa; PM, Army Chief visit hospital
- Preity Zinta to tie the knot this Valentine?
- He came into my dream and said would return: Lance Naik Hanumanthappa's mother
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'