Twenty-three fishermen from Tamil Nadu and Kerala, who were arrested by Naval authorities at Diego Garcia on May 11 for illegally fishing in their territorial waters, have been released, a fisheries department official said on Saturday.
Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy met Prime Minister Narendra Modi at the latter's residence here today and discussed the issues concerning fishermen, two days after Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi criticised the Centre's decision to extend ban on trawling.
The weather office here on Friday forecast rain in all 14 districts of Kerala by Saturday as the southwest monsoon was likely to hit the state on May 30.
Agriculture Minister Radha Mohan Singh today discussed the extension of the trawler fishing ban period with Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy here.
Union Minister for Science and Technology Dr Harsh Vardhan has expressed confidence that the Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology (RGCB) here will emerge as a major growth centre in the biotech and bio-pharma sectors.
Former Union Minister Shashi Tharoor, MP, on Thursday alleged that an attempt was underway to sabotage the Vizhinjam International deepwater Seaport project here.
Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy on Thursday called on Dr Abin Suri who survived the devastating earthquake in Nepal and is recuperating at AIIMS here.
Former speaker and minister M. Vijayakumar has been named the CPI-M candidate for the June 27 bypoll for the Aruvikara assembly seat in the capital district.
With Assembly polls just a year away, the stage is set for a crucial political battle in Kerala between ruling Congress-led UDF and CPI(M)-headed LDF opposition for the bypoll in Aruvikara on June 27.
Senior CPI-M leader P Jayarajan has been summoned by the CBI to appear before investigators on June 2 in connection with an RSS activist`s murder last year, CBI sources said.
Senior CPI-M leader P Jayarajan has been summoned by the CBI to appear before investigators on June 2 in connection with an RSS activist's murder last year, CBI sources said.
Kerala unit of BJP today alleged protocol breaches by state officials during Union Minister Prakash Javadekar's visit to the city.
Rejecting Rahul Gandhi's charges, the Centre on Wednesday said the decision to extend the ban on fishing in high seas to 61 days from 47 days during monsoon was agreed upon by all coastal states except Kerala.
Rahul Gandhi on Wednesday enjoyed a 'tasty fish' lunch served by a fisherman's family at a hamlet near here and said he would visit the beach again to taste Kerala's delicious tapioca and spicy fish curry.
The Kerala High Court on Wednesday upheld the election of Congress leader Shashi Tharoor from Thiruvananthapuram Lok Sabha constituency.
The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) opened its account in electoral politics in Kerala on Wednesday.
Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi on Wednesday accused the Narendra Modi government of trying to prevent fishermen from accessing seas in the same way it has been "taking away precious land from farmers."
A day after Finance Minister KM Mani, facing bribery charges in the bar licence scam, expressed displeasure over the alleged leak of a vigilance probe report, the Kerala government on Tuesday ordered a crime branch probe into it.
The Kerala High Court on Tuesday set aside the order of Land Revenue Commissioner cancelling the mutation of the original owners of the Kalamassery land fraud case, allegedly involving Salim Raj, former gunman of Chief Minister Oommen Chandy.
Kerala Congress president VM Sudheeran on Tuesday said the party rank and file were quite gung-ho over the two-day visit of party vice president Rahul Gandhi to the southern state starting Tuesday.
AICC General Secretary Mukul Wasnik has slammed the BJP-led NDA government at the Centre for failing to address farmers' problems.
As part of his ongoing public outreach, Rahul Gandhi will take up the problems of fishing communities and rubber growers in Kerala on Wednesday.
Police in Kerala on Monday said drugs were used at a party held at a plush hotel here on Saturday night.
Reiterating its demand for the resignation of state Finance Minister KM Mani for allegedly accepting a bribe from bar owners, the CPI-M on Monday said that he too should undergo a lie detector test.
The Government of Kerala has said that it will approach a division bench of the state high court to withdraw the ruling of a single judge bench that has said that being a Maoist is not a crime.
Veteran BJP leader LK Advani, who has been sidelined by the new regime in the party, on Sunday lauded the teachings of the RSS which, he said, placed emphasis on keeping ethical and moral values in public life, essential for serving the nation.
In remarks that may kick up a debate in the country, Congress on Saturday agreed with the Kerala High Court ruling that being a Maoist is not a crime.
CPI on Saturday welcomed the Kerala High Court ruling that being a Maoist is not a crime and police cannot detain a person for merely saying he or she is one unless their activities are found to be unlawful.
Taking forward his proactive role, Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi would undertake a two-day trip to Kerala next week, during which he is scheduled to meet fishermen and rubber growers.
- Street food in Delhi contains high levels of faecal matter
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- Watch: ISIS prisoner digging his own grave
- 50 percent refund on Tatkal ticket cancellation
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- UP: Govt to distribute free sanitary napkins to all girls in school
- DNA: Pentagon report says Beijing accelerates land reclamation in South China Sea
- Delhi HC turns down plea challenging LG Jung's authority
- IIT Madras bans Dalit students forum for 'criticising' PM Modi
- Radioactive nuclear medicine leak detected at Delhi's IGI Airport
- IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani hits back, challenges Rahul Gandhi to a debate
- DNA: World soccer rocked by Swiss arrests of FIFA officials for graft
- Bihar polls: Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Cbseresults.nic.in working now, check your CBSE Class 10 Board Results 2015
- cbse.nic.in Board Results 2015: CBSE Class 10 Results declared on cbseresults.nic.in
- Watch: Young Sikh boy takes on a bully outside UK school
- Dangerous levels of toxins in Delhi's air as heat and dust intensify
- Check out: Salman Khan goes across the border in 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' teaser
- Breast cancer changes bone structure to make it spread: Study