Amid the furore over the ban on women from wearing jeans at the government medical college in Trivandrum, the Confederation of Medical College Doctors has called on the education centre to create a dress code with a rationale and without any discrimination.
Yet another Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) worker was attacked by three unidentified persons in Idiyanchira near Thrissur district in Kerala yesterday.
Polling to elect candidates in 14 wards of local bodies where by-election was ordered began on Friday morning.
Thiruvananthapuram Medical College has imposed a new dress code for its students, urging them to wear formal clothes, said reports on Friday
Abdullah has reportedly facilitated the travel of 21 Kerala residents, including eight minors, to Afghanistan.
Voicing concern over spurt in political violence in Kerala's Kannur district, the Communist Party of India has urged the CPI-M to exercise restraint and not get provoked by the RSS as it has the responsibility of maintaining law and order in the LDF-ruled state.
Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan on Wednesday accused the RSS of deliberately trying to create unrest in Kannur district, which has been marred by political violence in the recent months.
Malayalam superstar Suresh Gopi on Wednesday joined the BJP here in the presence of Union Minister Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi and party General Secretary Bhupinder Yadav.
Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan alleged that the RSS and BJP were "deliberately" creating tension in Kannur.
Govindaswamy had raped and murdered Soumya when she was travelling by train from Ernakulam to Shornur on February 1, 2011.
A Salafi preacher has stirred up a controversy by urging Muslims not to send their kids to the mainstream schools.
"The RSS-BJP central leadership should intervene to put an end to the attacks against CPI(M) workers by their activists, CPI(M)'s Kodiyeri Balakrishnan said.
EP Jayarajan was a close aide of Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan besides being one of the most powerful leaders in the Communist Party of India-Marxist in Kerala.
The central government on Thursday sought a report from the Kerala government on the killing of a 25-year-old BJP activist in Kannur district.
The BJP has accused the state's Left Democratic Front government and Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan of unleashing "political terrorism" in Kerala.
The BJP called for a protest shutdown in Kerala on Thursday and demanded a CBI probe after one of its activists was murdered on Wednesday allegedly by CPI-M members in Pinarayi village in Kannur district.
BJP president Amit Shah on Wednesday said that attacks on BJP karyakartas in Kerala was disturbing.
Three youths with suspected links with Islamic State (IS) were picked up by NIA on Wednesday and are being questioned to probe their alleged association with another suspect arrested from Kannur in Kerala.
In a bid to protest against Ramith's murder, the BJP has called for state-wide hartal from 06.00 am to 06.00 pm tomorrow.
With artificial Chinese eggs reportedly making their way into certain parts of Kerala, state Health Minister K.K. Shylaja on Wednesday said a probe would be launched to find out the truth.
A Bharatiya Janata Party worker was hacked to death on Wednesday in Kerala`s Kannur district, the state police said.
The Congress on Tuesday demanded a Vigilance probe into the role of Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan after a number of kin of senior CPI-M leaders got jobs in public sector organisations and as government leaders, triggering allegations of nepotism.
A CPI(M) worker was on Monday hacked to death by six people at Pathiriyad in Kannur district, police said.
Four persons with suspected links to Islamic State (IS) have been picked up by NIA and are being questioned to probe their alleged association with another suspect arrested from Kannur in Kerala.
A complaint was registered against a Trust-run school in Kochi for allegedly teaching objectionable content to its students and exhorting them to lay down their lives for Islam.
A Kerala man who was arrested on Wednesday for joining and supporting the activities of the IS, had undergone arms training and fought for the terrorist organisation in Iraq, said the National Investigation Agency on Thursday.
Ten government school students, who had gone on a tour to neighbouring Kerala, from Marthandam in the district, have been reported missing, police said on Thursday.
Manseed alias Omar al-Hindi, the chief of IS-linked terror module which was recently busted by the NIA, had told the investigators that his men were motivated by Zakir Naik's speeches and social media posts.
Earlier in the day, the Apex Court asked Karnataka to release 2,000 cusecs Cauvery water per day to Tamil Nadu from October 7 to October 18.
"Both the fronts should understand at least now that it is not by supporting anti-nationals that they should oppose the BJP," Kerala BJP chief said.
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Agra: Three boys beat up railway ticket checker in moving train
- DNA: Today in History | October 24, 2016
- Manipur: CM Okram Ibobi Singh escapes unhurt as militants open fire
- Everything is fine in Samajwadi Party, says Shivpal Singh Yadav
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Massive fire breaks out at scrap factory in Bihar
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya – Part II
- DNA: Analysis of the pathetic conditions of Lord Ram's birth place Ayodhaya
- Has Samajwadi Party resolved all its issues? - Watch panel discussion
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Cyrus Mistry removed as Chairman of Tata Sons; Ratan Tata is interim boss
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Sushant Singh Rajput's Twitter commentary of MS Dhoni's innings at Mohali is a Must Read
- Harbhajan Singh angers MS Dhoni fans with his birthday wish for Wriddhiman Saha
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Uttar Pradesh CM Akhilesh Yadav told Mulayam Singh's brother Shivpal that he would float new party?
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?
- On Wriddhiman Saha's birthday, Virender Sehwag unleashes another gem on Twitter