Sabarimala Temple Board's controversial decision to install machines to test menstruating women has sparked outrage over social networking sites, triggering a campaign called 'Happy to Bleed' to protest the move.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will visit Kerala on December 15 - for the first time after taking office last year.
Five members of a marriage party were killed and 25 others injured when a bus carrying them collided with a lorry at Ikarappadi, about 20 km from here, early Monday morning.
Six people were arrested in connection with an online prostitution case in Kochi, Kerala.
The 'Kiss of Love' campaign had gained huge traction at the national level.
Two organisers of the ‘Kiss of love protest’ Resmi R Nair and her husband Rahul Pashupalan, were arrested by Kerala Police.
In remarks that have triggered a controversy, Kerala Education Minister PK Abdu Rabb on Tuesday said he was not in favour of boys and girls sitting next to each other in college campuses.
Untold sufferings and horrifying experiences of a Bangladeshi woman, who was raped and tortured in Kerala during her search for job, has led her to the world of letters and colours in God's own country.
Kerala government is getting ready to set up a first-of-its-kind university in the country, exclusively for research-oriented studies related to gender.
The first Broad Gauge train service on Palakkad Town-Pollachi Railway line will start operations from November 16.
An Ecuadorian naval ship with 153 crew, including 51 officer trainees on board, is visiting Kochi.
Kerala's Excise Minister K Babu, who is facing heat over bar bribery scandal, Friday alleged that a "political conspiracy" was hatched at a CPI(M) MLA's residence last December to target the UDF government over the issue.
KM Mani, supremo of KC(M), the third largest partner in the Congress led UDF, put in his papers on Tuesday.
Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy on Wednesday met KM Mani, who resigned as Finance Minister yesterday in the wake of adverse remarks by High Court against him in the bar bribery case.
Main events in Bar bribery case that led to the resignation of K M Mani, Kerala Finance Minister and chief of Kerala Congress (M), the third largest partner in the Congress-led UDF in Kerala.
Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy on Tuesday accepted the resignation of Finance Minister KM Mani in the wake of the High Court observations against him in the bar bribery case.
Kerala Finance Minister KM Mani, who is at the centre of the bar scam tendered his resignation on Tuesday.
Kerala Congress(M) rebel MLA PC George, against whom the party had initiated disqualification proceedings, Tuesday announced his decision to resign as member of the Legislative Assembly.
The Left opposition as well as the allies of the Congress-led United Democratic Front, including the Congress, want Mani to quit.
In what could be a huge setback for State Finance Minister KM Mani who is at the centre of the bar scam here, the Kerala High Court on Monday upheld the Special Vigilance Court's direction asking for a further probe.
The Kerala HC, while passing the order, said that it finds no reason to interfere with the findings of facts by Vigilance court against KM Mani.
Kerala civic polls: The Left grouping won in 10,338 seats as against 8,846 seats for the Congress led UDF and 1,244 seats for the BJP.
As the opposition Left Democratic Front maintained an impressive lead in local body elections in Kerala, Chief Minister Oommen Chandy on Saturday said it "in no way reflects a wave in favour of the Left".
In Kerala civic polls, Congress-led UDF suffered a setback in the civic elections as CPI-M -led LDF won a majority of local bodies while BJP made inroads.
The Left opposition on Saturday surged ahead in the Kerala civic polls, while the ruling Congress-led UDF was on the back foot, initial trends showed.
The Communist Party of India (Marxist)-led Left Democratic Front (LDF) won 47 seats, Congress-led United Democratic Front 20 and the Bharatiya Janata Party 7 seats in the Kozhikode Corporation.
The district consist of six talukas known as Tirur, Ernad, Tirurangadi, Perinthalmanna, Nilambur and Ponnani.
Palakkad district is one of the 14 districts of Kerala. Situated at the foot of the Western Ghats, Palakkad is the gateway to Kerala from the north.
The Thrissur district has recorded 76.11% voter turnout. The elections were held on Nov 5.
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- PM Modi vows for stronger defence cooperation with Malaysia
- ISIS recruiting youth in West Bengal over internet: Reports
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion: Is India only for Hindus and Pakistan for Muslims?
- Woman commits suicide by jumping in front of Delhi Metro
- Lesser people died in communal violence this year than in 2014: MHA
- DNA: Vladimir Putin's gigantic, triple-decker war room revealed
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended
- It was Lalu who pulled and hugged me, will continue to fight corruption, clarifies Arvind Kejriwal
- Preity Zinta to tie the knot with American boyfriend in Jan 2016?
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- What's so special about Torana Gate inaugurated by PM Modi in Kuala Lumpur's 'Little India'?
- Determined Rafael Nadal vows to keep improving for 2016 season
- Is your Indian passport among those to be declared invalid from November 25, 2015?