Congress generally does not project any Chief Ministerial candidate before Assembly polls and this may also be the case in Kerala where elections are due next year, senior Congress leader and state Home Minister Ramesh Chennithala today said.
In a first, a block exclusively to house transgenders is coming up in a high security prison in Thrissur in an effort to protect their privacy and human rights.
With just over a fortnight left for civic polls in Kerala, widely seen as a dress rehearsal for Assembly Elections due in May 2016, political parties are racing against time to finalise candidates for more than 21,000 wards.
Veteran CPI-M leader VS Achuthanandan on Monday sought a CBI probe into the controversial death of a religious leader following claims that he was murdered in 2002.
"I am shocked and scared.. can one not live in Kerala without supporting Beef Festival?"
Authorities a prestigious college of Kerala on Wednesday decided to initiate disciplinary action against 10 students for conducting a beef festival inside the campus to protest against the lynching of a man in Uttar Pradesh's Dadri over rumours of eating beef.
Hardly 10 days after his wedding, an NRI man from Kerala has sent his 21-year-old wife a tripple Talaq message from Dubai on WhatsApp.
Two gold biscuits were seized from an Air Arabia flight at nearby Karipur International Airport today, officials said.
Gujarat based Patidar Andolan leader P C Patel today said their stir was not against any caste or religion but to rectify the 'injustice' done to forward community in the name of reservation.
Six students of a leading government-aided college here have been suspended for allegedly conducting a 'beef festival' inside the campus to protest against the lynching of a man in Uttar Pradesh over rumours of eating beef.
The man held in connection with the murder of a 69-year-old nun in Pala allegedly had killed another elderly nun at a convent near Erattupetta in April this year, police said on Tuesday.
Australia on Monday made it clear that people who attempt to travel illegally to the country by sea would not be allowed to settle there.
BJP president Amit Shah on Sunday said his party's main agenda was a "Congress free India".
With the twin objectives of weaning the inmates away from criminal activities and providing them a skill for their future livelihood, the central prison here will converted into a skill training school.
Suspected Pakistani hackers have hacked the official website of the Kerala government, www.keralagov.in.
The release of Malayalam translation of a book authored by former president APJ Abdul Kalam was cancelled here on Saturday after protests erupted over a woman writer being allegedly asked to stay away from the function citing the presence of a 'swamiji'.
Kerala police chief TP Senkumar on Friday said he asked his district police chiefs to see action is taken against illegal killing of stray dogs.
Kerala government will grant an additional Rs one crore to restore 'Padmatheertham', the holy temple tank located adjacent to the famed Sree Padmanabha Swamy Temple here, to its past glory.
A Haj pilgrim from Kerala died in Makkah on Thursday but not in the stampede, said a Congress leader who is also on pilgrimage.
The Congress on Thursday accused the CPI-M of forging political ties with the BJP on numerous occasions in the past, adding that the communist party was making baseless statements against it as a cover-up.
Saudi Arabia`s Health Minister Khalid bin Abdulaziz Al-Falih has met around 50 nurses from Kerala in the troubled city of Jizan along the Yemen border, and assured them that those who wish to stay will be transferred to safe places.
Around 50 nurses from Kerala are awaiting a nod from authorities in Saudi Arabia and the Indian embassy to return to India, as they also want issues related to their work experience and certificates to be taken care of.
A court here on Saturday issued summons to four Congress lawmakers on a complaint by two women opposition legislators alleging the ruling party members had molested them on the floor of the assembly on March 13 when the 2015-16 budget was presented.
Two days after a Kerala nun was found lying in a pool of blood in her room on Thursday, police claimed to have unearthed vital leads about her murder.
Chief Minister Oommen Chandy has urged External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj to help eight Keralites stranded in two African countries return home at the earliest.
The much waited draw of Onam Bumper 2015 was held on Friday at Thiruvananthapuram.
Months of wait by lakhs of people who bought Onam Bumper 2015 (BR-45) tickets is about end as the draw of results is currently being held in Thiruvananthapuram, the capital city of Kerala.
Thiruvonam Bumper (Onam Bumper) 2015 (BR-45) draw has begun at Sree Chithra Home Auditorium, Pazhavangadi, East Fort, Thiruvananthapuram.
Instruction in IT and electronics is going to be strengthened in all the schools in Kerala, a minister said on Thursday.
In a significant step to check the menace of stray dogs in Kerala, the state government on Wednesday directed civic bodies to take necessary steps to control the violent dogs.
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- Now, smart e-rickshaws equipped with CCTV cameras
- Bihar Polls: First phase of polling commences
- Bihar polls: PM Modi addresses rally in Jehananbad
- India to expose atrocities by Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Pakistan's constant interference in Kashmir
- Panel discussion on sting against JDU leader Awadhesh Kushwaha
- Sneak peek of Hafiz Saeed's terror school in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- Invoking Ambedkar's legacy, PM Modi says no rethink on quotas as Sena boycotts his events in Mumbai
- OROP implementation after Bihar poll, says Manohar Parrikar
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Bihar polls: Nitish's minister Kushwaha caught on camera taking bribe, suspended from party post
- When MS Dhoni performs, others will follow: Mohammed Azharuddin
- Writers step up protest, six more return Akademi award
- Check out: Entire music album of Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’
- Bihar polls: Opposition's only poll agenda is 'Modi Ka Vinash', says Narendra Modi
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- Younis Khan 19 runs away from becoming Pakistan’s leading run-scorer in Test cricket