Two labourers of a sewerage cleaning contract company and an auto driver died of asphyxiation after inhaling poisonous gas here Thursday, Kerala police said.
The NIA special court will Thursday pronounce the quantum of punishment to the five SIMI activists in the secret meeting case of 2006.
Kozhikode-based VP Rajeena is a senior journalist with a prominent Malayalam newspaper.
If a person who knows swimming dies of drowning, it is a matter to be investigated, the Kerala High Court on Wednesday observed while hearing a petition seeking a further probe into the death of a seer.
A 19-year-old girl student suffered serious head injuries after she was hit by a speeding bike near the college campus.
Sabarimala Temple Board's controversial decision to install machines to test menstruating women has sparked outrage over social networking sites, triggering a campaign called 'Happy to Bleed' to protest the move.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will visit Kerala on December 15 - for the first time after taking office last year.
Five members of a marriage party were killed and 25 others injured when a bus carrying them collided with a lorry at Ikarappadi, about 20 km from here, early Monday morning.
Six people were arrested in connection with an online prostitution case in Kochi, Kerala.
The 'Kiss of Love' campaign had gained huge traction at the national level.
Two organisers of the ‘Kiss of love protest’ Resmi R Nair and her husband Rahul Pashupalan, were arrested by Kerala Police.
In remarks that have triggered a controversy, Kerala Education Minister PK Abdu Rabb on Tuesday said he was not in favour of boys and girls sitting next to each other in college campuses.
Untold sufferings and horrifying experiences of a Bangladeshi woman, who was raped and tortured in Kerala during her search for job, has led her to the world of letters and colours in God's own country.
Kerala government is getting ready to set up a first-of-its-kind university in the country, exclusively for research-oriented studies related to gender.
The first Broad Gauge train service on Palakkad Town-Pollachi Railway line will start operations from November 16.
An Ecuadorian naval ship with 153 crew, including 51 officer trainees on board, is visiting Kochi.
Kerala's Excise Minister K Babu, who is facing heat over bar bribery scandal, Friday alleged that a "political conspiracy" was hatched at a CPI(M) MLA's residence last December to target the UDF government over the issue.
KM Mani, supremo of KC(M), the third largest partner in the Congress led UDF, put in his papers on Tuesday.
Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy on Wednesday met KM Mani, who resigned as Finance Minister yesterday in the wake of adverse remarks by High Court against him in the bar bribery case.
Main events in Bar bribery case that led to the resignation of K M Mani, Kerala Finance Minister and chief of Kerala Congress (M), the third largest partner in the Congress-led UDF in Kerala.
Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy on Tuesday accepted the resignation of Finance Minister KM Mani in the wake of the High Court observations against him in the bar bribery case.
Kerala Finance Minister KM Mani, who is at the centre of the bar scam tendered his resignation on Tuesday.
Kerala Congress(M) rebel MLA PC George, against whom the party had initiated disqualification proceedings, Tuesday announced his decision to resign as member of the Legislative Assembly.
The Left opposition as well as the allies of the Congress-led United Democratic Front, including the Congress, want Mani to quit.
In what could be a huge setback for State Finance Minister KM Mani who is at the centre of the bar scam here, the Kerala High Court on Monday upheld the Special Vigilance Court's direction asking for a further probe.
The Kerala HC, while passing the order, said that it finds no reason to interfere with the findings of facts by Vigilance court against KM Mani.
Kerala civic polls: The Left grouping won in 10,338 seats as against 8,846 seats for the Congress led UDF and 1,244 seats for the BJP.
As the opposition Left Democratic Front maintained an impressive lead in local body elections in Kerala, Chief Minister Oommen Chandy on Saturday said it "in no way reflects a wave in favour of the Left".
In Kerala civic polls, Congress-led UDF suffered a setback in the civic elections as CPI-M -led LDF won a majority of local bodies while BJP made inroads.
The Left opposition on Saturday surged ahead in the Kerala civic polls, while the ruling Congress-led UDF was on the back foot, initial trends showed.
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- RJD-JD(U) legislators forcibly occupy govt bungalows in Bihar
- Chicago: Video of American cop shooting black teen sparks protests
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- ISIS 'poster girl' beaten to death after trying to escape Syria
- Noida: Woman kills self after husband dies of heart attack
- Noorjahan solar lanterns brighten up UP village!
- Shiv Sena calls Aamir Khan 'idiot Ranchhoddas', questions his patriotism
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Details out: What Rahul Gandhi did during his two-month-long sabbatical
- When Sushma Swaraj was in charge of Modi government
- Islamic State 'poster girl' beaten to death by jihadists
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive
- Intolerance issue: AR Rahman expresses solidarity with Aamir Khan, says he too faced similar situation
- Salt water bath: Know why it's good for your health!
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Intolerance issue: Here’s what Raveena Tandon feels
- Sheena Bora case: Despite jail sufferings, Indrani remains loyal to Peter, says he is innocent