Condemning the killing of stray dogs in Kottayam allegedly by activists of Youth Front(M), an offshoot of Kerala Congress(M) led by K M Mani, animal rights organisation PETA today urged him to expel all those involved and ensure strict police action against them.
The probe into the murder of a Hindu outfit activist in Coimbatore was on Wednesday transferred to CB-CID police even as several BJP workers and leaders were detained here for trying to stage a protest over the killing.
KM Mani has been a member of the Kerala Assembly since 1967, representing the Palai Assembly constituency in Kottayam district.
Minister of state for External Affairs VK Singh on Tuesday said that the Centre would do everything to get exit visas for Indian workers stranded in Saudi Arabia, who had lost their jobs due to the economic slowdown there.
Police on Tuesday fired tear gas at Youth Congress workers denouncing alleged collusion between the government and private colleges over the fee structure in professional colleges.
In one of a barbaric act, some Kerala Congress Youth Front (IM) members killed several stray dogs and paraded the dead bodies in front of the Municipal office at Kottayam.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday greeted Kerala-born spiritual leader Ma Amritanandamayi on her 63rd birthday, calling her a "real maa" who nurtures her devotees through "visible and invisible hands".
The Congress on Monday welcomed the change in Prime Minister Narendra Modi's perception of Kerala, from a place which he had once compared to Somalia, to "God's own country".
Businessman Rajeev Chandrasekhar, a Rajya Sabha Member of Parliament from Karnataka, was appointed Vice-Chairman of the Kerala unit of the BJP-led NDA, on Monday.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday invoked Jan Sangh ideologue Deendayal Upadhyaya to say that Muslims should not be treated as mere tools to garner votes.
The resolution was adopted at the party's National Council meeting pitched for realisation of objectives of social justice.
The BJP on Sunday resolved to tread the path shown by Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay.
Reissuing his call for electoral reforms, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday said it was imperative to strengthen democracy.
PM Narendra Modi speaking at the Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya's centenary celebrations in Kozhikode, Kerala said that Muslims shouldn't be treated as vote bank.
Slamming Pakistan, BJP president Amit Shah on Sunday in Kozhikode said that Kashmir is ours and no one should dream of taking it from India.
The Bharatiya Janata Party's three-day conclave at Kozhikode in Kerala will culminate on Sunday with the national council meeting. Here are LIVE updates:-
PM Modi said that terrorism is affecting India's neighbours, including Afghanistan and Bangladesh.
PM Modi said: "The destiny of Kerala will change (for the better) and the BJP will be the instrument to bring the change."
The situation in Coimbatore, which witnessed sporadic violence following the murder of a Hindu Munnani functionary, is limping back to normalcy.
Kerala Bumper Lottery "Thiruvanom Bumper (Onam Bumper)-2016 (BR-51)" draw took place at Thiruvananthapuram, Sree Chithira Home Auditorium, yesterday.
However, former BJP state president, P S Sreedharan Pillai told PTI here that so far no talks had been held with the Kerala Congress (M) on the matter.
The Goods and Services Tax (GST) Bill is not likely to get ratified during the upcoming session of the Kerala legislative assembly but would come up for discussion only during the budget session which is due in April next year, Kerala finance minister T M Thomas Isaac said today.
A Special Vigilance Court in Thiruvananthapuram on Friday ordered a probe against former vigilance director N Shankar Reddy and Superintendent of Police R Sukesan, the investigation officer, in the bar bribery case.
The Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 draw was conducted at Sree Chithra Home Auditorium, Pazhavangadi, East Fort, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala.
The Uri terror attack, which left 18 Army men dead and triggered an outcry for punitive action against Pakistan, will be deliberated upon in the three-day BJP National Council meeting in which top party brass is also expected to articulate its 'garib kalyan' agenda to reach out to the mariginalised like Dalits and OBCs.
The Kerala assembly is all set to go paperless, Speaker P. Sreeramakrishnan announced on Thursday.
Governor Justice (Retd) P Sathasivam administered oath of office to Justice Shantanagoudar, who was the acting Chief justice.
A 15-year-old girl, hailing from Thiruvananthapuram, was lured by her lover and taken to a place in Thodupuzha, where he allegedly raped her.
A three-day meeting of the BJP National Council dedicated to ideologue Deendayal Upadhyaya will begin here on Friday, days after the terror attack on the army in Jammu and Kashmir.
The Kerala government on Wednesday extended financial assistance to a Malayalee youth, who was among a group of Indians returned from Saudi Arabia after losing job.
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- IIT-Guwahati student develops a mobile app to monitor indoor air quality
- India may not invite Pakistan for BRICS summit
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996 Part II
- India pulls out of SAARC summit in Islamabad
- DNA: Analysis of India's diplomatic win over Pak after boycotting SAARC summit
- Pakistan media praises Sushma Swaraj's speech in UNGA
- After India, three more nations pull out of SAARC Summit in Islamabad
- DNA: Today in History, 27th September, 2016
- DNA: Nonstop News
- DNA: Analyzing the reality of stone pelters and separatist in Kashmir Part-II
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- LIVE: 30-35 terrorists killed in Indian Army's strike on 7 terror launch pads across LoC; Sensex crashes
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok
- Big blow to Pakistan as SAARC Summit in Islamabad likely to be cancelled after India, 3 other countries boycott
- Trouble for Subramanian Swamy, Delhi Police obtain sanction to prosecute BJP leader for inflammatory article
- Stephen Hawking issues warning again - Future of human race in grave danger unless we move to space!
- 'Congress MP Shadi Lal Batra spiked my drink, raped me at his Indirapuram residence' - Woman files complaint
- Pakistani father teaches little girl how to fire AK47, makes her threaten PM Narendra Modi; video crashes internet - WATCH
- SHOCKING! Tannishtha Chatterjee walks out of 'Comedy Nights Bachao' over racist jokes