Days after busting a huge racket allegedly involved in smuggling of gold through the international airport here, Customs Tuesday rejected reports that it has unearthed a link between the group and funding of jihadi operations.
Kerala government on Tuesday filed an appeal in the High Court against an order of a single judge directing it to examine general issues relating to provisional autonomy and functional freedom of the Vigilance and Anti-Corruption Bureau.
Kerala's stray dogs menace has assumed such proportions that Chief Minister Oommen Chandy has called an all-party meeting to tackle the issue.
Kerala Assembly on Tuesday witnessed heated debate between ruling and opposition members over police lathicharge on the activists of Students Federation of India, during their protest march over delay in printing school textbooks.
The Kerala government on Tuesday asked the Centre to order a probe by NIA into the case relating to interception of a suspicious foreign fishing dhow with 12 crew members off Kerala coast, Home Minister Ramesh Chennithala said here.
The 12 crew members of a suspicious Iranian fishing boat that was intercepted by the Indian Coast Guard and later handed over to Kerala Police were on Monday sent to two weeks judicial custody.
The 12 accused arrested in connection with the interception of the suspicious foreign fishing boat by the Indian Coast Guard (ICG) at the Kerala coast, have been sent to judicial custody till July 17.
A Joint Investigation team by central and state agencies will commence a probe from Tuesday on the seizure of a suspicious foreign dhow with 12 Iranian crew members intercepted off the Kerala coast.
A division bench of the Kerala High Court on Monday directed the CBI to probe all child trafficking cases in the state.
Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy's look-alike, a Saudi Arabian national who is arriving here later this month, wants to meet him.
The Kerala government today requested the Railways to implement the ambitious Sabari railway line project without insisting that the state bear half the cost.
Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy on Monday said strict action would be taken against those trying to prevent government officials from discharging official duties.
Police used lathies, tear gas shells and water cannons to chase away marches taken out by Students Federation of India (SFI) activists in various parts of the state, demanding resignation of Education Minister Abdu Rabb following delay in printing textbooks for students of the government run schools in Kerala.
The Students Federation of India ( SFI) on Monday staged a protest against the state government over delay in the publishing of school books.
A suspicious foreign fishing 'dhow', seen off the Alapuzha coast, was intercepted by the Coast Guard and brought to Vizhinjam here on Sunday.
Marumalarchi Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (MDMK) general secretary Vaiko on Saturday called for protection to be accorded to the Mullaperiyar Dam on the Periyar River, claiming that the Kerala government wants to destroy it.
Kerala Government on Friday lodged its protest with Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh over an alleged security inspection conducted by central Intelligence Bureau (IB) across the contentious Mullaperiyar Dam, without informing the state government.
Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy on Friday requested External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj to take up with the British government the proposed amendments in their immigration rules which will affect nurses from the state.
Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy Friday met Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi here, three days after the Congress led UDF won the Aruvikkara bypoll in the state.
The Supreme Court on Friday sought response from the Kerala government on Tamil Nadu's plea that security of Mullaperiyar dam be handed over to CISF.
BJP winning considerable votes in the Aruvikkara by-election is a "very ominous" development, CPI(M) said on Wednesday, terming the results as "communalization of electorate" in a literate and progressive state.
CPI-M led LDF Opposition members in Kerala today staged a walkout from the Assembly in protest against alleged attack on the media and house of an MLA by UDF workers even as Home Minister Ramesh Chennithala denied the incident.
CPI-M led LDF Opposition members in Kerala on Wednesday staged a walkout from the Assembly in protest against alleged attack on the media and house of an MLA by UDF workers even as Home Minister Ramesh Chennithala denied the incident.
Congress leader KA Sabarinathan was sworn-in as a legislator of the Kerala legislative assembly on Wednesday.
Veteran BJP leader O Rajagopal finished third in Aruvikara constituency in Kerala on Tuesday but the party's vote share saw a significant five-fold increase from 2011.
CPI(M)-led LDF opposition members in Kerala on Tuesday staged a walkout from the Assembly, protesting denial of permission for an adjournment motion, seeking discussion over the spiralling price of essential commodities and the alleged collapse of state's public distribution system.
Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy on Tuesday said the Congress led UDF victory in Aruvikkara bypoll was a clear rejection of the various corruption charges levelled against his government and the politics of violence unleashed by opposition CPI(M) led LDF.
Congress candidate KA Sabarinathan who on Tuesday won the Aruvikara Assembly seat by over 10,000 votes dedicated the win to his late father.
In what has come as a huge relief for the Congress-led UDF in Kerala, its candidate KS Sabarinath has won the Aruvikkara bypoll, Tuesday.
Veteran Marxist leader VS Achuthanandan, an atheist, today quoted the Holy Bible in the state Assembly while launching a scathing attack on Finance Minister KM Mani, a die-hard Catholic, for his alleged involvement in bar bribery scam.
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- DNA: Growing Russia-China ties a concern for India
- Waterlogging, traffic jams in Delhi after rains
- Vyapam scam: CBI probe only if courts intervene, says Rajnath Singh
- ED issues summons to Lalit Modi in money laundering case
- Arvind Kejriwal wants referendum on statehood for Delhi
- DNA: All you need to know about Vyapam scam
- Uddhav Thakeray hits out at BJP, says corruption visible everywhere
- SC allows child's guardianship without father's consent to unwed mother
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed
- Aapke Sitare, July 6: Astro prediction for Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius and Pisces
- Aapke Sitare, July 6: Astro prediction for Aries, Taurus, Gemini and Cancer
- Woman set ablaze in Barabanki, Akhilesh orders magisterial probe
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Only courts can order CBI probe, says Rajnath Singh
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends
- Vyapam scam: Vijayvargiya stokes controversy, says “Is a journalist bigger than me?"
- Dalai Lama birthday celebrations draw support, protests in US
- Bombs at mosque, restaurant in central Nigerian city kill 51
- Pallavi Joshi resigns from FTII, lends support to students
- Unwed mother can apply for child's guardianship without father's consent: SC
- Ajay Devgn to appear on 'Nach Baliye 7' finale?
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput Wedding: All you need to know