The central government will do its best to take forward the teachings and ideology of famed social reformer Sree Narayana Guru, union Culture and Tourism Minister Mahesh Sharma said here on Sunday.
CPI(M) veteran and state Opposition leader V S Achuthanandan on Saturday demanded a CBI probe into the alleged corruption and cheating in connection with the 108 ambulance project of Ziqitza Health Care, in Kerala.
The toll in the Wednesday's boat tragedy here has risen to ten with the recovery of two more bodies from the backwaters while the state witnessed another mishap on Friday when two houseboats caught fire in Alapuzha district.
Keralites across the state on Friday celebrated Onam with traditional fervour and gaiety.
The Supreme Court today reserved its judgement on a batch of pleas against a Kerala High Court decision upholding the state government's liquor policy that confined issuance of bar licenses to five and three star hotels.
With the recovery of two more bodies today, the death toll in Fort Kochi's boat tragedy rose to eight, police said.
PK Jayalakshmi, Kerala's sole woman cabinet minister, has issued a circular asking everyone to address her as "Sreemathi" and not "Kumari".
Death toll in the Fort Kochi boat tragedy has risen to seven with the recovery of a body of an 18-year-old girl in a harbour near here Thursday morning, police said.
Congress-led UDF government in Kerala today announced 'Dies non?No Work No Pay' for employees who go on strike on September 2 as part of the nationwide agitation by different trade unions.
Three persons were killed when a boat carrying around 30 passengers capsized and sank in the harbour mouth off Fort Kochi after colliding with a fishing craft on Wednesday, police said.
Taking a serious note of the death of a girl student at an engineering college campus during Onam festivities, Kerala government has decided to formulate strict conditions and guidelines for holding celebrations within educational institutions.
Days after a controversy triggered regarding the alleged conduct of Onam 'sadya' (feast) in an operation theater at the government Medical College Hospital here a nurse has been transferred and a doctor slapped with showcause notice.
Senior Congress leader AK Antony on Saturday cautioned political leaders in Kerala about the "deliberate" attempts being made to upset the sensitive communal balance in the state.
The 20-year-old girl student, who suffered serious injuries after she was allegedly mowed down by a jeep inside her college campus, succumbed to her injuries here, police said on Friday.
The Kerala High Court on Thursday upheld its single judge's verdict directing the local bodies polls be held on the basis of the 2010 ward delimitation, instead on basis of the recent delimitation. The state government said it will not challenge the ruling.
The Kerala High Court on Thursday directed the State Election Commission to conduct elections to local bodies without putting forward any excuse to enable them assume charge on November 1 this year.
'Athachamayam'--a colourful cultural celebration that marks the beginning of the 10 day Onam festival-- was held at nearby Tripunithura, capital of the erstwhile Royal kingdom of Kochi on Wednesday.
The Supreme Court on Tuesday directed that all temples possessing elephants and using them during religious functions in Kerala would be registered with district committees set up under relevant rules for proper and effective control over them with respect to the pachyderms.
Declaration of Kerala as a 'complete digital state' and announcement of a new youth programme in memory of former President, the late APJ Abdul Kalam marked Independence Day celebrations in the state.
Kerala Home Minister Ramesh Chennithala today flayed the "reluctance" of commercial banks in disbursing loans to needy people in the state, saying a scheme formulated for helping debt-ridden persons has failed due to non-cooperation by these banks.
The Kerala government is working on a master plan to create a billion-dollar campus for startups in the near future, Chief Minister Oommen Chandy said today.
A local court today dismissed the discharge petition filed by businessman Muhammed Nissam, an accused in the case relating to the murder of a 51-year old security guard.
Passengers of Guruvayur- Trivandrum Intercity express had some anxious moments after smoke emanated from a compartment of the train this morning, shortly after it left Kazhakootum station here.
A siren-blaring ambulance carrying the harvested heart and lungs of a brain-dead young man breezed through otherwise choked roads and reached the airport in no time, all thanks to traffic being halted in Kerala`s commercial capital on Tuesday.
Amid apprehensions that elections to the local bodies in Kerala is likely to be delayed due to various reasons, ruling Congress-led UDF today said it wanted to conduct the crucial polls as per schedule in October this year.
Kerala government has drawn up a plan to install GPS and CCTV cameras in public transport vehicles to ensure women's safety in view of the Centre's direction in this regard post the Delhi gang rape case.
Kerala`s Home Minister Ramesh Chennithala on Sunday said tough action will be taken against officials found guilty of leaking to media information about a probe into an IT project that has incurred losses.
A day after Union HRD Minister Smriti Irani hit out at Congress using the dynastic stick over Sushma Swaraj issue, a group of Youth Congress workers on Saturday waved black flag at her at the airport here.
The BJP-led NDA government has implemented, within a year of its coming to power, several promises which Congress failed to fulfil in 60 years of its rule, Union HRD Minister Smriti Irani on Saturday said.
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- DNA: Is Sanskrit language losing its importance in India?
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Centre assures help to Gita Press, Gorakhpur
- Operation Hafiz Saeed: 'Phantom' ban in Pakistan
- 'Delhi Police... One Touch Away' app launched!
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Gita Press denies reports of shutting down
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- When drunk driver Shyam Rai revealed all about Sheena Bora murder
- Nashik Kumbh: Poor turnout at first Shahi Snan
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Girl gang-raped in front of younger sister in Himachal Pradesh, accused held
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Manual scavengers to tie rakhi to PM Narendra Modi today
- Ajay Devgn backs 'Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2'!
- US asks its citizens to defer all non-essential travel to Pakistan
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried