The Goa Police's Crime Branch on Thursday filed a supplementary charge-sheet against former Chief Minister Digambar Kamat for allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs 1.2 crore from Louis Berger India officials for securing contracts for a water and sewerage augmentation project funded by the Japan International Co-Operation Agency (JICA).
The RSS on Thursday condemned the "continued attack" on its cadres in Kerala allegedly by the CPI(M) workers and claimed that as many as 250 swayamsevaks had been "eliminated" in the southern state since 1942.
Kerala Government on Thursday confirmed an outbreak of avian influenza of H5N8 among ducks in water-logged Kuttanad in Alappuzha District, but allied apprehension that the disease would spread to humans.
A top woman functionary of a Kerala-based religious outfit has been booked for her alleged inflammatory speeches, which were widely circulated on social media.
Naik's speeches have also come under the ministry's scanner, which is of the view that his speeches had been “highly inflammatory”.
A 41-year-old Catholic priest has been arrested for allegedly sexually assaulting a 21-year-old seminary student here.
Amid the furore over the ban on women from wearing jeans at the government medical college in Trivandrum, the Confederation of Medical College Doctors has called on the education centre to create a dress code with a rationale and without any discrimination.
Yet another Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) worker was attacked by three unidentified persons in Idiyanchira near Thrissur district in Kerala yesterday.
Polling to elect candidates in 14 wards of local bodies where by-election was ordered began on Friday morning.
Thiruvananthapuram Medical College has imposed a new dress code for its students, urging them to wear formal clothes, said reports on Friday
Abdullah has reportedly facilitated the travel of 21 Kerala residents, including eight minors, to Afghanistan.
Voicing concern over spurt in political violence in Kerala's Kannur district, the Communist Party of India has urged the CPI-M to exercise restraint and not get provoked by the RSS as it has the responsibility of maintaining law and order in the LDF-ruled state.
Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan on Wednesday accused the RSS of deliberately trying to create unrest in Kannur district, which has been marred by political violence in the recent months.
Malayalam superstar Suresh Gopi on Wednesday joined the BJP here in the presence of Union Minister Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi and party General Secretary Bhupinder Yadav.
Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan alleged that the RSS and BJP were "deliberately" creating tension in Kannur.
Govindaswamy had raped and murdered Soumya when she was travelling by train from Ernakulam to Shornur on February 1, 2011.
A Salafi preacher has stirred up a controversy by urging Muslims not to send their kids to the mainstream schools.
"The RSS-BJP central leadership should intervene to put an end to the attacks against CPI(M) workers by their activists, CPI(M)'s Kodiyeri Balakrishnan said.
EP Jayarajan was a close aide of Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan besides being one of the most powerful leaders in the Communist Party of India-Marxist in Kerala.
The central government on Thursday sought a report from the Kerala government on the killing of a 25-year-old BJP activist in Kannur district.
The BJP has accused the state's Left Democratic Front government and Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan of unleashing "political terrorism" in Kerala.
The BJP called for a protest shutdown in Kerala on Thursday and demanded a CBI probe after one of its activists was murdered on Wednesday allegedly by CPI-M members in Pinarayi village in Kannur district.
BJP president Amit Shah on Wednesday said that attacks on BJP karyakartas in Kerala was disturbing.
Three youths with suspected links with Islamic State (IS) were picked up by NIA on Wednesday and are being questioned to probe their alleged association with another suspect arrested from Kannur in Kerala.
In a bid to protest against Ramith's murder, the BJP has called for state-wide hartal from 06.00 am to 06.00 pm tomorrow.
With artificial Chinese eggs reportedly making their way into certain parts of Kerala, state Health Minister K.K. Shylaja on Wednesday said a probe would be launched to find out the truth.
A Bharatiya Janata Party worker was hacked to death on Wednesday in Kerala`s Kannur district, the state police said.
The Congress on Tuesday demanded a Vigilance probe into the role of Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan after a number of kin of senior CPI-M leaders got jobs in public sector organisations and as government leaders, triggering allegations of nepotism.
A CPI(M) worker was on Monday hacked to death by six people at Pathiriyad in Kannur district, police said.
Four persons with suspected links to Islamic State (IS) have been picked up by NIA and are being questioned to probe their alleged association with another suspect arrested from Kannur in Kerala.
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism - Part II
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Bangalore: Residents protest against proposed steel flyover project
- Battle for Mosul: Iraqi forces making advance ISIL stronghold!
- Jammu: Pakistan violates ceasefire yet again in RS Pura sector
- Two powerful earthquakes hit Italy, tremors felt in Rome
- DNA: Delayed ambulance service causes loss of professor's life in Aligarh
- DNA: Today in History | October 26, 2016
- DNA: Analysing the problems of traffic jam in India
- DNA: Today in History | October 27, 2016
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh
- Pinched by goods boycott-call, China warns India of impact on investments from its enterprises
- Home Ministry moves against Zakir Naik, calls IRF 'unlawful association', action soon
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon
- Haryana's BJP government invites Arvind Kejriwal to golden jubilee celebrations; PM Narendra Modi will be chief guest
- 'I will shoot Arvind Kejriwal' - Man calls up Delhi Police Control Room, threatens to kill Delhi CM
- Whole stadium erupts as local boy MS Dhoni steps on to Ranchi field against New Zealand – WATCH
- Kangana Ranaut takes a dig at Hrithik Roshan, Priyanka Chopra!
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil movie tweet review
- Bigg Boss 10: How much money is each of the commoner getting?
- Fake currency notes: RBI asks people to accept Rs 500/1,000 notes only after careful scrutiny