The minister also wished all success to the university which is projected to have more than 4,000 students.
The Congress leader asserted that all types of communalism had to be fought, whether it was majority or minority.
The fans of Jagathy Sreeekumar can now take a sigh of relief as the reports claiming the death of the Malayalam actor are noting more than a hoax.
Two labourers of a sewerage cleaning contract company and an auto driver died of asphyxiation after inhaling poisonous gas here Thursday, Kerala police said.
The NIA special court will Thursday pronounce the quantum of punishment to the five SIMI activists in the secret meeting case of 2006.
Kozhikode-based VP Rajeena is a senior journalist with a prominent Malayalam newspaper.
If a person who knows swimming dies of drowning, it is a matter to be investigated, the Kerala High Court on Wednesday observed while hearing a petition seeking a further probe into the death of a seer.
A 19-year-old girl student suffered serious head injuries after she was hit by a speeding bike near the college campus.
Sabarimala Temple Board's controversial decision to install machines to test menstruating women has sparked outrage over social networking sites, triggering a campaign called 'Happy to Bleed' to protest the move.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will visit Kerala on December 15 - for the first time after taking office last year.
Five members of a marriage party were killed and 25 others injured when a bus carrying them collided with a lorry at Ikarappadi, about 20 km from here, early Monday morning.
Six people were arrested in connection with an online prostitution case in Kochi, Kerala.
The 'Kiss of Love' campaign had gained huge traction at the national level.
Two organisers of the ‘Kiss of love protest’ Resmi R Nair and her husband Rahul Pashupalan, were arrested by Kerala Police.
In remarks that have triggered a controversy, Kerala Education Minister PK Abdu Rabb on Tuesday said he was not in favour of boys and girls sitting next to each other in college campuses.
Untold sufferings and horrifying experiences of a Bangladeshi woman, who was raped and tortured in Kerala during her search for job, has led her to the world of letters and colours in God's own country.
Kerala government is getting ready to set up a first-of-its-kind university in the country, exclusively for research-oriented studies related to gender.
The first Broad Gauge train service on Palakkad Town-Pollachi Railway line will start operations from November 16.
An Ecuadorian naval ship with 153 crew, including 51 officer trainees on board, is visiting Kochi.
Kerala's Excise Minister K Babu, who is facing heat over bar bribery scandal, Friday alleged that a "political conspiracy" was hatched at a CPI(M) MLA's residence last December to target the UDF government over the issue.
KM Mani, supremo of KC(M), the third largest partner in the Congress led UDF, put in his papers on Tuesday.
Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy on Wednesday met KM Mani, who resigned as Finance Minister yesterday in the wake of adverse remarks by High Court against him in the bar bribery case.
Main events in Bar bribery case that led to the resignation of K M Mani, Kerala Finance Minister and chief of Kerala Congress (M), the third largest partner in the Congress-led UDF in Kerala.
Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy on Tuesday accepted the resignation of Finance Minister KM Mani in the wake of the High Court observations against him in the bar bribery case.
Kerala Finance Minister KM Mani, who is at the centre of the bar scam tendered his resignation on Tuesday.
Kerala Congress(M) rebel MLA PC George, against whom the party had initiated disqualification proceedings, Tuesday announced his decision to resign as member of the Legislative Assembly.
The Left opposition as well as the allies of the Congress-led United Democratic Front, including the Congress, want Mani to quit.
In what could be a huge setback for State Finance Minister KM Mani who is at the centre of the bar scam here, the Kerala High Court on Monday upheld the Special Vigilance Court's direction asking for a further probe.
The Kerala HC, while passing the order, said that it finds no reason to interfere with the findings of facts by Vigilance court against KM Mani.
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- The 'struggle' of Kashimiri Pandits
- Is Arvind Kejriwal deceiving people by diluting the clauses of Jan Lokpal?
- Turkey: Prominent human rights activist killed in attack
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown up by mortar while filming propaganda video
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Sunny Leone's 'Baby Doll' in 'Mastizaade'?
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- No protest against Modi, he is our PM: Jamia's media co-ordinator on convocation row
- On the eve of Pakistan match, Sourav Ganguly offered to resign as India captain in 2005
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- I've nothing to do with Shahrukh Khan-Kajol's chemistry in 'Dilwale': Varun Dhawan
- Decision on India-Pakistan series to be taken by PM Narendra Modi: Reports