BJP winning considerable votes in the Aruvikkara by-election is a "very ominous" development, CPI(M) said on Wednesday, terming the results as "communalization of electorate" in a literate and progressive state.
CPI-M led LDF Opposition members in Kerala today staged a walkout from the Assembly in protest against alleged attack on the media and house of an MLA by UDF workers even as Home Minister Ramesh Chennithala denied the incident.
CPI-M led LDF Opposition members in Kerala on Wednesday staged a walkout from the Assembly in protest against alleged attack on the media and house of an MLA by UDF workers even as Home Minister Ramesh Chennithala denied the incident.
Congress leader KA Sabarinathan was sworn-in as a legislator of the Kerala legislative assembly on Wednesday.
Veteran BJP leader O Rajagopal finished third in Aruvikara constituency in Kerala on Tuesday but the party's vote share saw a significant five-fold increase from 2011.
CPI(M)-led LDF opposition members in Kerala on Tuesday staged a walkout from the Assembly, protesting denial of permission for an adjournment motion, seeking discussion over the spiralling price of essential commodities and the alleged collapse of state's public distribution system.
Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy on Tuesday said the Congress led UDF victory in Aruvikkara bypoll was a clear rejection of the various corruption charges levelled against his government and the politics of violence unleashed by opposition CPI(M) led LDF.
Congress candidate KA Sabarinathan who on Tuesday won the Aruvikara Assembly seat by over 10,000 votes dedicated the win to his late father.
In what has come as a huge relief for the Congress-led UDF in Kerala, its candidate KS Sabarinath has won the Aruvikkara bypoll, Tuesday.
Veteran Marxist leader VS Achuthanandan, an atheist, today quoted the Holy Bible in the state Assembly while launching a scathing attack on Finance Minister KM Mani, a die-hard Catholic, for his alleged involvement in bar bribery scam.
A CAG report has criticised Kerala government for its "failure" in implementing the flagship Sea-plane project even after Rs 23.29 crore was sanctioned to it, saying the state's Tourism Department should have conducted the feasibility study before venturing into the project.
In a relief to job aspirants from Kerala, Kuwait government on Monday authorised a new agency which is having operations in the state to conduct medical screening of job seekers.
The rescheduled budget session of the Kerala assembly started on expected lines on Monday with the Left opposition staging a walkout after its plea for an adjournment motion was disallowed.
Opposition LDF on Monday staged a walkout in Kerala Assembly in protest against denial of permission for adjournment motion seeking discussion over state Vigilance department's decision not to prosecute Finance Minister KM Mani in the bar bribery scam.
South West Monsoon, which picked up momentum after a lull onset, is predicted to bring heavy downpour, exceeding seven cm, in isolated places in Kerala till June 30, regional meteorological station here said on Sunday.
The full-fledged budget session of Kerala Assembly, rescheduled in the wake of the June 27 Aruvikkara bypoll, will begin here on Sunday, with the opposition gearing up to corner the government over the decision of Vigilance not to prosecute Finance Minister KM Mani in the bar bribe scam.
The full-fledged budget session of Kerala Assembly, rescheduled in the wake of the June 27 Aruvikkara bypoll, will begin here Monday, with the opposition gearing up to corner the government over the decision of Vigilance not to prosecute Finance Minister K M Mani in the bar bribe scam.
Cracking down on tight jeans, short tops and leggings, a north Kerala women's college has decided to introduce uniforms for its students from this academic year which also gives the go-by to the 'naqab' for Muslim students.
Kerala Finance Minister KM Mani said on Sunday that the truth in the "non-existent" bar scam case will ultimately triumph, adding that he did no wrong.
An estimated 77.35 per cent voters exercised their franchise in the Aruvikkara Assembly seat bypoll, which saw ruling Congress-led UDF and opposition CPI(M)-headed LDF locked in a fierce battle.
Police on Saturday seized 21 head of cattle, including cows and buffaloes, being smuggled in a lorry to Kerala from Karnataka, in the wee hours on Saturday.
Kerala on Saturday made a strong pitch for a higher share of the Centre in new centrally-sponsored schemes (CSS), which it said should be at 75 per cent.
Some miscreants hurled stones at the house of a Hindu Makkal Katchi (HMK) leader in Kalapatti in the city, police said on Saturday.
Former Kerala minister and film actor KB Ganesh Kumar, MLA, has landed in trouble with a Vigilance Court here issuing a notice to him for illegal possession of a jumbo which he had bought from Forest Department 20 years ago to offer the animal to a temple.
Despite heavy rains, an estimated 74.4 percent turnout was on Saturday recorded for the bypoll for Aruvikkara assembly where Kerala's ruling Congress-led UDF and opposition CPI(M)-headed LDF are locked in a stiff contest.
All arrangements were in place on Friday for a crucial by-poll to Kerala`s Aruvikara assembly constituency and all three major candidates expressed confidence about their victory.
The Southwest monsoon, after a delayed start, picked up momentum in Kerala, bringing heavy rains in most places of the state and Lakshadweep during the last two days, after registering a 26 percent deficit early this month.
Five students were killed and six others injured when a big tree fell on their school bus near here on Friday, police said.
An activist in Kerala who was trying to expose the state`s drug mafia has been left battered in a hospital following a brutal attack by a group of men who chopped off his hands and legs.
The Kerala State Disaster Management Authority will carry out a detailed study of the suspected 'heat wave' phenomenon which caused concern in the coastal areas of some parts of Kerala in recent days.
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- Bombay HC allows Nestle to export Maggi noodles
- Warning! Plastic rice from China now on sale in India
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with India's first NBA player Satnam Singh
- No mediation in rape cases, rules Supreme Court
- Greece becomes first developed nation to default on IMF
- DNA: Why India should not take credit for Satnam Singh's NBA achievement!
- DNA: Analysis of Dayanidhi Maran's illegal telephone exchange case
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Exclusive: Ravi Shankar Prasad talks about Digital India Programme
- Shahid-Mira's wedding card is out!
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with Azhar who feeds poor daily in Hyderabad
- Subhash Kapoor's Guddu Rangeela in the midst of the ‘Mata Ka Email’ song controversy
- How Deepika's statement hurt Ranveer Singh
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Bangladeshi newspaper ridicules Indian cricketers with distasteful advertisement
- Congress furnishes new documents on Dholpur Palace ownership
- Bollywood gives thumbs up to 'Masaan' trailer!
- Salman Khan moved to tears after watching ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Digvijay Singh moves Supreme Court for CBI probe into Vyapam scam
- Deepika Padukone skips Arjun Kapoor's bash?
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Watch: Salman Khan shares funny video featuring Kabir Khan!
- New York Times makes a blooper with Digvijay Singh picture over PM's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign