A local court has awarded five years imprisonment each to the parents of a newborn girl whom they had abandoned a day after her birth.
Madhya Pradesh News
Twelve persons, including five employees of the Employees Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO), were convicted by a special CBI court here for fraudulently settling 11 PF claims amounting to Rs 44,74,895 by forging documents.
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Wednesday slammed Congress leader Digvijay Singh's move to file a petition, seeking a Supreme Court-monitored Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) probe into the Vyapam scam, and claimed that the former chief minister was challenging the authority of the Madhya Pradesh High Court.
As the body of Narendra Singh Tomar, an accused in the high-profile MPPEB scam (popularly known as Vyapam scam), was on Tuesday cremated, his father demanded a CBI probe of the death.
Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh on Tuesday filed a petition seeking Supreme Court monitored Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) probe into the mysterious Vyapam scam.
The Congress party on Tuesday said that powerful people were involved in the rising number of deaths of persons associated with the Vyapam scam and demanded that the Supreme Court must look into the matter.
Veterinary student Amit Sagar, an accused in the Vyapam scam, was found dead under mysterious circumstances in Sheopur district on Madhya Pradesh.
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) candidate Chander Singh Sisodia was on Tuesday leading by 4,352 votes against Congress' Subhash Sojatia in Madhya Pradesh's Garoth Assembly constituency bypoll.
BJP on Tuesday retained Garoth Assembly seat in Madhya Pradesh's Mandsaur district albeit with a reduced margin as compared to the 2013 elections.
The CBI must probe the deaths of accused and witnesses under mysterious circumstances in Madhya Pradesh's Vyapam scam, says the man who exposed the massive admission and recruitment scandal.
Supreme Court advocate KTS Tulsi on Monday alleged that the rising number of deaths associated with the Vyapam scam is an attempt to save Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan and demanded that an impartial probe should be conducted to get to the truth of the matter.
Actor turned Trinamool Congress MP Tapas Paul was on Monday granted bail by a West Bengal court in a case over his alleged inflammatory remarks.
The Congress on Monday linked the rising number of deaths associated with the Vyapam scam to the BJP Government at the Centre and in Madhya Pradesh, calling for a CBI inquiry to ensure a fair investigation into the case.
Madhya Pradesh Home Minister Babu Lal Gaur on Monday rejected calls for a CBI probe into the deaths of those allegedly involved in the high-profile Madhya Pradesh Professional Examination Board (MPPEB or Vyapam) scam a day after two more accused in the case were found dead under mysterious circumstances.
BJP MLA from Dharmpuri constituency in the district, Kallusingh Thakur escaped unhurt after he was allegedly shot at by four men under the Mandu police station limits, a police official said here on Sunday.
Two more accused in the high-profile Madhya Pradesh Professional Examination Board (MPPEB) scam died in the past 24 hours at Gwalior and Indore, adding another murky dimension to the massive scandal in which several politicians and bureaucrats are allegedly involved.
Over 71 percent people participated in the Garoth assembly constituency by-poll which was held peacefully in Madhya Pradesh`s Mandsaur district on Saturday, an election official said.
The Congress party on Saturday demanded that the Election Commission should take notice of Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan`s alleged audio tape and punish him as per the laws of the land.
Sixteen children fell ill after eating contaminated porridge at a childcare (anganwadi) centre here on Friday.
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Friday refused to comment over his alleged audio tape.
A government school headmaster allegedly committed suicide by shooting himself with his licensed gun after moneylenders began troubling him to return the money that he had borrowed from them, police said today.
An organisation of journalists here demanded that the state government must hand over to CBI the probe into local scribe Sandeep Kothari's murder.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday expressed grief at the passing away of BJP MP Dileep Singh Bhuria, saying his thoughts are with the deceased's family.
Senior BJP leader and Lok Sabha MP from Ratlam-Jhabua seat in Madhya Pradesh, Dileep Singh Bhuria passed away Wednesday at a hospital in Gurgaon after a brief illness.
The Madhya Pradesh High Court on Tuesday summoned the police's special task force (STF) chief Sudhir Sahi on June 26 to give an explanation on certain issues in the progress report of Madhya Pradesh Professional Examination Board (MPPEB) scam probe.
In a unique initiative, Harda district administration has offered 25 paise more for a litre of milk, if villages from which it is sourced, are free from open defecation.
A session court here awarded life imprisonment to a woman for killing her sister-in-law and slapped a fine of Rs 5,000 against her.
The apex body of Manipur scribes, All Manipur Working Journalists' Union (AMWJU), has strongly condemned the brutal killing of journalist Sandeep Kothari in Madhya Pradesh.
Five persons, including Riyazuddin, brother of Sohrabuddin Sheikh who was killed in a fake encounter in Gujarat, have been arrested for allegedly trying to grab land by forging papers at a village here, police said on Tuesday.
Congress today attacked the governments of Uttar Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh over the killings of journalists saying it was concerned over the way freedom of the press was being suppressed.
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- Pandal Politics: Shiv Sena slams Bombay High Court's order- Part 2
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with India's first NBA player Satnam Singh
- Pandal Politics: Shiv Sena slams Bombay High Court's order
- Warning! Plastic rice from China now on sale in India
- Bombay HC allows Nestle to export Maggi noodles
- Exclusive: Ravi Shankar Prasad talks about Digital India Programme
- Subhash Kapoor's Guddu Rangeela in the midst of the ‘Mata Ka Email’ song controversy
- DNA: Analysis of Dayanidhi Maran's illegal telephone exchange case
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with cast of 'Guddu Rangeela'
- DNA: Why India should not take credit for Satnam Singh's NBA achievement!
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Shahid Kapoor and the women in his life
- Camera Day: Celebrate the art of photography and go click-happy!
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Japan bullet train suicide fire: Two killed after cardiac arrest
- Congress furnishes new documents on Dholpur Palace ownership
- DU releases second cut-off, admissions remain open for most courses
- Bangladeshi newspaper ridicules Indian cricketers with distasteful advertisement
- Bollywood gives thumbs up to 'Masaan' trailer!
- Digvijay Singh moves Supreme Court for CBI probe into Vyapam scam