Four persons who were on their way to Omkareshwar temple were killed when their SUV fell into a dry river bed while crossing a bridge over Narmada river near Barwah town.
Madhya Pradesh News
Ramkripal worked as a mason in Kedarnath when the tragedy struck in June 2013 killing thousands of people and leaving thousands missing.
A Shiv Sena minister in BJP-led Maharashtra government on Tuesday said actor Aamir Khan "can go to Pakistan" if he didn't love India and that people such as Aamir, Shah Rukh and thespian Dilip Kumar were like "snakes", considering their statements.
The daughter-in-law of self-styled 'godman' Asaram Bapu on Tuesday once again accused him and his son Narayan Sai of harassing her.
The ruling TRS on Tuesday retained the Warangal Lok Sabha seat by a record margin of over 4.59 lakh votes, while Congress emerged winner in Ratlam and BJP managed to retain the Dewas Assembly seat hours after counting of votes began.
The 25-year-old victim was rushed to a hospital with severe burn wounds on Thursday night but she succumbed to her injuries after a few hours.
No untoward incident was reported from anywhere in the two constituencies and polling was underway smoothly, an election official said.
The bypolls will be held tomorrow while the counting will take place on November 24.
Madhya Pradesh government is all set to launch financial literacy in all higher secondary schools of the state.
Two persons drowned and three others are missing after a boat carrying 14 persons overturned in the back waters of Indira Sagar Dam near Gopalpura village today, a senior official said.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi was on Thursday congratulated in the Madhya Pradesh Assembly for being named as the ninth most powerful person in the world by Forbes Magazine.
Mahdele, who holds the portfolio of Animal Husbandry, was caught on camera while purportedly kicking a boy.
A day after state minister Kusum Mahdele was caught on camera purportedly kicking a boy as he bowed to touch her feet, the Aam Aadmi Party on Monday sought her resignation and petitioned the Madhya Pradesh Human Rights Commission for stern action against her.
Reportedly, Mahdele kicked the boy in full public view when he asked her for one rupee.
Minister Mitra, arrested by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on December 12 last year for his alleged complicity in the Saradha scam.
A Bhopal Court on Saturday awarded life imprisonment to SIMI activist Abu Faisal in connection with the murder of Special Armed Force (SAF) constable Ghisiram Yadav at Khandwa in 2009. The court had on Friday held Faisal guilty of murder, criminal conspiracy, unlawful activities and illegal possession of arms in this case.
Abu Faizal, a key leader of banned Students Islamic Movement of India (SIMI), was on Friday convicted by a special court here for the murder of a police constable in 2009.
The locals of Nabi Baugh area in Bhopal are leaving in fear, as few more tigers have been spotted in the area in the recent times.
Geeta on Wednesday presented the national anthem in sign language.
The PMO has now directed its CPIO to handover the desired documents related to Vyapam scam sought by activist Ajay Dube after thorough examination.
Curfew was imposed on Saturday in a locality of the city following protest by an organisation over the route of Moharram procession.
Clashes broke out between members of two communities during Dussehra in Khargone with police cane-charging the rioters and lobbing teargas shells to control the situation in the town, where indefinite curfew has been clamped.
Police have sent DNA samples of 25 more unidentified victims of the Petlawad explosion, to ascertain whether the prime accused Rajendra Kasawa, who is missing since the blast took place, was actually dead.
Concerned over the plight of farmers due to less rainfall, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan has urged IAS and IFS officers to give a new direction to state's roadmap for development by suggesting short and long-term measures for providing relief to the scarcity-hit.
For the first time, a large number of eunuchs are expected to take a holy dip and participate in the rituals of the 2016 Simhastha-Kumbh in Madhya Pradesh's Ujjain district, where a separate Kinnar (transgender) akhada has come up.
Senior Congress leader Digvijay Singh has demanded CBI probe into the death of the retired Indian Forest Service officer Vijay Bahadur (63), who had served as observer for two recruitment tests conducted by the scam-tainted Madhya Pradesh Professional Examination Board.
Senior Congress leader Digvijay Singh has demanded CBI probe into the death of the retired Indian Forest Service officer Vijay Bahadur (63).
After a break of about three months in the chain of mysterious or otherwise deaths of Vyapam scam related people, the accidental death of an retired forest officer and former observer in Vyapam tests in Madhya Pradesh last week has renewed many questions.
A three-year-old child fell into a 100-foot deep borewell on Sunday in a field Madhya Pradesh's Morena district. In the rescue effort being carried out, the army's help has been sought, a police official said.
After a brief lull, the Vyapam scam has come back to haunt again with another mysterious death being reported, this time from Odisha.
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Lesser people died in communal violence this year than in 2014: MHA
- DNA: Analysis of Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' remark
- DNA: Vladimir Putin's gigantic, triple-decker war room revealed
- DNA: Today In History, November 23, 2015
- DNA: Analysis of Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' remark- Part 2
- Exclusive sneak peek into Russia's high-tech war room!
- DNA: List of World's 'most racially intolerant' countries
- DNA: Reality check on how Muslims are treated around the world
- DNA: Kejriwal-Lalu hug sparks off fresh political row
- India is a great country but it has a lot to learn from Singapore: PM Modi
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Arvind Kejriwal hails Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Modi finds 'Little India' with Diwali lights, delicious food in Singapore - In Pics
- Salman Khan rules 2015 Bollywood Box Office – here’s why
- Hindi version of Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ nears Rs 200 crore mark in India
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- 3rd Test: India vs South Africa - Preview
- Isolated incidents can’t be taken as sign of intolerance, tweets Ram Gopal Varma
- BJP slams Aamir Khan, says no other country better than India for Muslims