A preliminary investigation later proved it was buffalo meat.
Madhya Pradesh News
The incident has created a major controversy.
Madhya Pradesh's suspended Dalit IAS officer Shashi Karnawat on Wednesday wrote to Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan and sought permission to die, saying she was facing injustice since she was from the weaker section of society.
It's a horrifying video!
The beating up of two Muslim women in Madhya Pradesh on beef rumors was raised by Mayawati in Rajya Sabha on Wednesday, with the BSP leader slamming the government over situation in BJP-ruled states
The incident took place in the Gwalior district of Madhya Pradesh.
Activists of a Hindu radical group roughed up two Muslim women in Madhya Pradesh on Tuesday for allegedly carrying beef.
The entire incident was captured on a CCTV camera installed at the site. The incident happened in Nowgong, Madhya Pradesh, Dainik Bhaskar reported.
They have claimed that their lands have been occupied by hooligans and they have no other option to sustain our livelihood.
It's hard to digest, but it's true. Senior Congress leader Digvijay Singh and his family members have been included in the list of Below Poverty Line (BPL) people by the Central and Madhya Pradesh governments.
AICC General Secretary Digvijay Singh claimed he and his family were included in the list of Below Poverty Line (BPL) people by the MP government.
The boy was rescued a shortwhile ago and was taken to a hospital where doctors confirmed the sad development.
The injured have been admitted to various hospitals. Four of them are in a serious condition.
Madhya Pradesh Home Minister Bhupendra Singh, who had blamed 'ghosts' for farmer suicides in the state, has now clarified his remarks.
In shocking remarks, Madhya Pradesh Home Minister Bhupendra Singh has blamed 'ghosts' for farmer suicides.
Madhya Pradesh Assembly on Wednesday witnessed ruckus as the opposition Congress staged a walkout alleging that wheat mixed with soil was being disbursed to victims of the recent floods in the state capital.
The Madhya Pradesh Police have arrested three persons, including the owner and the principal of a school in Shahdol district, in connection with the wrong depiction of India's map in a school diary.
Two people died and two others were seriously injured on Tuesday in a collision between a truck and a motorcycle in Satna district of Madhya Pradesh.
Congress on Monday alleged a "scam worth crores" of rupees by BJP government in Madhya Pradesh in organising Simhastha Kumbh fair and demanded a High Court-monitored probe.
A 23-year-old tribal woman gave birth to a child on the porch of the district hospital as she was allegedly not given medical attention on time.
The MP Board Ruk Jana Nahi Results 2016 is expected to be announced by the Madhya Pradesh Board of Secondary Education on Saturday.
In a meeting of the council of ministers, chaired by Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, it was also decided that the proposed department would work as a knowledge resource centre on joy.
The Madhya Pradesh Board of Secondary Education is expected to announce the MP Board Ruk Jana Nahi Results 2016 on Friday.
Madhya Pradesh's Happiness Department will coordinate among other departments and craft policies in a way to increase the level of happiness among its citizens.
The Happiness Department of Madhya Pradesh will coordinate among other departments and craft polices in a way to increase the level of happiness among its citizens
The central and western parts of Madhya Pradesh are still witnessing intermittent showers.
Rains continued to affect the lives of lakhs of people in several districts of Madhya Pradesh.
As many as 7,000 people have been rescued so far in the state, an official said.
The National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) rescued about 150 people from Vrindavan garden last evening who were caught in the flood.
Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Saturday called Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan and took stock of the situation arising out of the floods in the state.
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security?
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part II
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part III
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part IV
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part V
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame?
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame? - Part II
- NADA likely to declare verdict on wrestler Narsingh Yadav's doping case on Thursday
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of obesity in India and its precautionary measures
- DNA: Analysis of obesity in India and its precautionary measures - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of conditions faced by Indian Army at Daulat Beg Oldi military base
- DNA: Analysis of conditions faced by Indian Army at Daulat Beg Oldi military base - Part II
- DNA: Today in History | July 27, 2016
- Development initiatives got huge setback in J&K: Mehbooba
- The answer to past earthquakes lies with the ancient Himalayan temples!
- No separate guidelines for defence PSUs on JVs: Govt
- Arvind Kejriwal says PM Narendra Modi can even get him killed; now, BJP's reaction is interesting - READ
- Monsanto case: CCI rejects pleas seeking review of probe order
- Man who tried to assassinate Ronald Reagan in 1981 to be freed
- One of 9 militants killed in Dhaka raid is 'missing' varsity student
- Cabinet approves AIIMS in Bhatinda
- US Presidential Elections: Why Barack Obama warned Democrats to 'stay worried' about Donald Trump
- Shot putter Inderjeet Singh passes second dope test; NADA awaits July 10 and 11 results
- US Presidential Elections: I've nothing to do with Russia, says Donald Trump as Democrats accuse Moscow of helping him
- M&M incorporates Mahindra Airways as wholly-owned subsidiary
- Airtel proposes Rs 30 crore annual package to Sunil Mittal
- Chinese soldiers spotted in Uttarakhand's Chamoli; defence ministry says 'no incursion'
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump could win, warns Barack Obama