At least twenty people were so far reported killed after two trains derailed while crossing a swollen Machak river near Harda in Madhya Pradesh even as rescue operations continued through the night, local government official said Wednesday.
Madhya Pradesh News
Railways on Wednesday said the sudden flow of water on the tracks caused the derailment of the two trains while they were crossing the swollen Machak river near Harda in Madhya Pradesh.
A passenger train travelling from Mumbai to Varanasi has derailed in Madhya Pradesh with "two-four of its bogies" falling into a river. Casualties are not yet known, police said.
Several passengers were feared dead when two express trains tonight derailed while crossing a bridge on swollen Machak river near Harda in Madhya Pradesh, senior district officials said.
The Madhya Pradesh government will purchase a new aeroplane with an estimated cost of Rs 80 crore while it is planning to sell its existing aircraft which is over ten-year-old.
Miracles do happen – this was proved once again when a new-born baby boy, who was declared dead by the doctors, came back to life in the Shivpuri district of Madhya Pradesh.
After Supreme Court direction to speed up the Vyapam probe, CBI on Monday registered five cases in connection with the scam, taking the total number of FIRs to over 30.
Former Madhya Pradesh minister and senior BJP leader Jagannath Singh passed away here on Monday after prolonged illness.
None of the guilty in the Vyapam scam will be spared, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Sunday said even as he rejected Congress's demand for his resignation over the matter.
Senior Congress leader Jyotiraditya Scindia on Sunday underlined the need for his party to strengthen its presence at the ground level in Madhya Pradesh.
The Central Bureau of Investigation has registered eight fresh FIRs in connection with the controversial Vyapam scam.
CBI on Saturday registered eight more FIRs in connection with Vyapam scam, taking the number of cases filed in connection with alleged irregularities in the conduct of professional and academic examinations by Madhya Pradesh Professional Examination Board to 23 so far.
Madhya Pradesh government has shunted district Additional Superintendent of Police to Bhopal, in the wake of women protesters today threatening to set themselves afire, alleging the police was "protecting" the accused in a minor girl gangrape case.
An elderly man was administered glucose meant for animals at the district hospital here, following which a nurse and two hospital staffers were suspended.
In the midst of a controversy over the Vyapam scam, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan Friday said he would soon carry out an expansion of his council of ministers.
The Supreme Court on Friday gave six weeks time to the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) to appoint prosecutors in connection with its ongoing probe into the multi-crore Vyapam recruitment scam in Madhya Pradesh.
CBI on Thursday registered 15th FIR against 64 persons including OSDs of state Ministers in connection with its probe in Vyapam scam, taking over investigations in the case of Police Constable Recruitment Examination in 2013.
The CBI on Thursday registered its 18th FIR in connection with its ongoing probe in the Vyapam scam in Madhya Pradesh.
The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) has sent notice to Madhya Pradesh government over reports of employing children for begging on daily wages in Gwalior.
Yakub Memon, 1993 Mumbai serial blasts convict, was woken up at 3.30 am on Thursday, permitted a warm bath and provided a set of fresh clothes -- hours ahead of his scheduled hanging.
At least 54 people have been killed in Madhya Pradesh since the monsoon hit the state on June 14, the revenue department has said, adding that the kin of the dead will get compensation of Rs.4 lakh each.
A lesson on the life of late former president APJ Abdul Kalam will be taught in schools across Madhya Pradesh in a bid to make students ideal citizens in their life, Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan said here on Tuesday.
A patwari (government officer) was caught red-handed for allegedly accepting bribe of Rs 3,000 for regularising a marriage garden at Lahrauli village in the district.
The CBI on Monday registered the 16th FIR and another preliminary inquiry in connection with its ongoing probe into the Vyapam scam in Madhya Pradesh.
Police here detained the wife of the Vyapam scam whistle-blower Prashant Pandey briefly and seized Rs 9.96 lakh cash from her alleging it to be 'hawala' money, with her husband calling it a witch-hunt.
A flood like situation has been prevailing in Vidisha, Raisen, Shajapur, Harda, Betul and Sehore districts of Madhya Pardesh, owing to incessant rainfall since Thursday.
Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, under fire over the Vyapam scam, has described Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh as a "born conspirator" and alleged that Congressmen always hit below the belt.
The Supreme Court Friday asked the CBI to inform it within a week the specific time frame by which it will "take over" entire investigation into the Vyapam scam cases so that the issue of monitoring can be decided.
Over a dozen Youth Congress workers sustained minor injuries after police used force to stop them from marching towards Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan's residence here over the Vyapam scam.
CBI on Thursday registered an FIR against the then Controller of Examination, Vyapam, besides 37 others in connection with alleged illegalities committed in the Madhya Pradesh Junior Food Supplies Officer and Inspector, Weights and Measurements recruitment examination, 2012.
- Child critically injured as crude bomb explodes in Kolkata
- Indian govt signs historic Naga peace accord with NSCN(I-M)
- DNA: How to identify fake currency notes!
- Delhi HC issues notice to Kejriwal govt on advertisement expenses
- Allahabad: Controversy over bar owner's appointment as Mahamandaleshwar
- IAS Officer becomes victim of sexual harassment, posts her tale on FB
- FTII students stage protest at Jantar Mantar in Delhi
- Shravan - The month of Lord Shiva
- The mayhem of cyclone Komen
- Speaker suspends 25 Congress MPs for 5 days from Lok Sabha
- Vyapam scam has destroyed future of young people in MP: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Floods create havoc in different parts of India
- AAP leader Somnath Bharti provokes anger for sexist comment
- Panel discussion: Speaker suspends 25 Congress MPs for unruly behaviour- Part II
- Three-storey building collapses in Thane, at least 4 dead
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites
- Yakub Memon's last words before he was hanged - 'I pardon you'
- This is how Dr APJ Abdul Kalam looked when he was a kid!
- Porn banned, will sex be banned next?
- Can you eat rice like a South Indian? - Watch
- 'Idiots are lined up at every step': Young IAS officer's fight against sexual harassment
- Indian government, NSCN(IM) sign 'historic' Naga peace accord
- Delhi Police's new weapon – Taser guns
- Wanted: Pakistani 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' to unite Indian girl with her family
- Power struggle in Taliban, Mullah Omar's son killed in Pakistan?