The forest department has also decided to approach the Railways to regulate the speed of trains in the forest area.
Madhya Pradesh News
Additional District Magistrate Ratnakar Jha on Saturday stoked a controversy by making irresponsible comments while referring to the Bhopal gas tragedy anniversary.
In a shocking incident, BJP women's wing leader Jamila Khan died after being shot by unknown assailants on Wednesday.
Seventeen children were injured, six of them seriously, when their school bus overturned near Muderi village in the district today, police said.
Banned Students Islamic Movement of India (SIMI) operatives, who were killed in an alleged police encounter following a daring prison break in Bhopal earlier this month, have now been hailed as 'martyrs'.
The counting of votes in Madhya Pradesh`s Shahdol parliamentary constituency and Nepanagar assembly constituency began amid tight security on Tuesday morning, an official said.
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan has announced a compensation of Rs two lakh to the family of each of the deceased and Rs 50,000 to the injured hailing from the state, who were travelling by Indore-Patna Express, which derailed near Pukhraya in Kanpur dehat district in the wee hours today.
The by-polls at the two places, both reserved for Scheduled Tribes category, assume significance as they were held after the Centre's decision to demonetise Rs 500 and Rs 1,000 notes.
As campaigning ends today for the November 19 by-elections to the Shahdol Lok Sabha and Nepanagar Assembly seats, ruling BJP will face its first litmus test since demonetisation of Rs 500 and Rs 1,000 notes.
A 34-year-old Military Police (MP) jawan was on Wednesday found dead with gunshot wound on his head, at the guard room in his office in Cantonment area here, police said.
Police seized scrapped Rs 1,000 currency notes amounting to Rs four crore from a car during a search in Madhya Pradesh's Burhanpur district, an official said on Saturday.
The Madhya Pradesh government has requested the CISF to do a security and fire audit of jails and sub-jails in the state, an official said on Friday.
The CISF has considered the proposal and constituted a Board of Officers for undertaking security and fire consultancy for central jails in the state.
The CISF will conduct a security and fire audit of all jails in Madhya Pradesh in the wake of eight SIMI operatives pulling off a daring jailbreak in Bhopal recently.
A case has been registered against three persons including a police officer for allegedly raping two lady police constables in separate incidents here.
"The government issued order for a judicial probe into the incident. Its report will bring forth the answers to your questions," the official said.
A Madhya Pradesh primary school teacher committed suicide after being subjected to humiliation in police custody.
The CBI today carried out searches at five places here, including premises of a private medical college, in connection with its probe in the Vyapam recruitment scam.
In a major embarrassment to Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, media reports on Friday claimed that a large number of prison guards were deputed to protect ex-ministers and senior government officials instead of doing their duty at the high security Bhopal Central Jail.
The new audio clip is the recorded conversation between the cops who were on the ground and their bosses in the police control room on the day Bhopal encounter of eight SIMI members took place.
The supplementary charge sheet was filed before a court in Gwalior against a solver, identified as Dilip Kumar Pathak, candidate Deshraj Singh and alleged middleman Suresh Jat.
"The action of the authorities amounts to violation of human rights and it is an abuse of process of law," the petition said.
Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) students' union staged a demonstration against the killing of eight SIMI activists after a jail break in Bhopal and demanded a judicial probe into the matter.
The post-mortem report of the eight SIMI terrorists, who were gunned down hours after they escaped from the Bhopal Central Jail earlier on Monday, stated there were multiple entry and exit wounds and that majority of the wounds were above waist.
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Wednesday favoured an independent probe into the Bhopal jail break by SIMI activists and their subsequent killing by the police for "clarity" on what had happened.
The eight SIMI activists were killed on Monday on the Bhopal outskirts after police claimed they escaped from the prison by killing a police guard with a spoon and plates.
The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) on Wednesday issued notices to the Madhya Pradesh government and state police over killing of eight SIMI terrorists who had escaped from Bhopal's Khandwa jail.
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan may have had some concerns over the security at the Central Jail in Bhopal, from where eight SIMI activists escaped and were killed in an alleged encounter yesterday.
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Tuesday slammed the "dirty politics" being played over the killing of eight SIMI operatives by police.
A day after eight SIMI activists were killed in an alleged police encounter following a daring prison break here, their families have decided to approach the Madhya Pradesh High Court seeking a CBI probe into what they dubbed as "cold-blooded murders".
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Demonetisation: Petrol pumps turn into cash counters
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation Part II
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Jayalalithaa death shock killed over 70, claims AIADMK
- DNA: Analyzing the decision-making process of Time's 'Person of the Year'
- 7-storey under-construction building collapses in Hyderabad
- DNA: What is the need of electoral reform in India ?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!
- Vodafone launches unlimited free voice calling offer for prepaid customers
- 'Mannargudi mafia' back in action? A common man can lead AIADMK, says Jayalalithaa's confidante Sasikala's husband
- SHOCKER: Bhuvneshwar Kumar floors umpire Paul Reiffel with 'wicketless' ball — WATCH
- Parliament: Opposition agrees to debate demonetisation without division of votes
- India vs England, 4th Test, Day 2 — As it happened...
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- US Congress to formally recognise India as major defence partner: Ashton Carter
- Actress Gautami troubled by unanswered questions on Jayalalithaa's death, seeks PM Narendra Modi's help
- Zaheer Khan describes Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech wedding in unusual style