People in rural areas of the country might still be facing difficulties in getting an identity card but a man in Madhya Pradesh has managed to get a government ID for his dog!
Madhya Pradesh News
Two senior officers of the Special Task Force (STF) investigating the high-profile MPPEB scam have claimed to have received threats allegedly from some influential people involved in the racket.
A nine-year-old boy has secured third place in an international Quran competition held at Jeddah in Saudi Arabia recently, his father claimed on Thursday.
Twenty five people were killed and nine injured after the bus they were travelling in collided with a truck coming from opposite direction in Madhya Pradesh's Khandwa district, police said on Thursday.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday expressed grief over the loss of lives in an accident in Madhya Pradesh's Khandwa district.
Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) on Wednesday demanded a CBI probe into the mysterious deaths of those involved in the high-profile MP Professional Examination Board (MPPEB) scam.
As the chorus for CBI probe into the alleged unnatural deaths of MPPEB scam accused is growing louder, the local branch of Indian Medical Association on Wednesday demanded probe by the central agency into the death of the dean of government medical college D K Sakalle, here.
The Madhya Pradesh High Court on Wednesday served a notice to the state government seeking its reply on the security arrangements at the tourist spots.
At least 19 people including four women were killed and about 15 others injured on Wednesday when the private bus they were travelling in collided with a truck near Choti Chhaegaon Makhan, about seven kilometres from here.
At least 12 people were today killed and 20 injured when the bus they were travelling in collided with a truck near Chhaegaon Makhan, about seven kilometers from here.
A local court has awarded five years imprisonment each to the parents of a newborn girl whom they had abandoned a day after her birth.
Twelve persons, including five employees of the Employees Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO), were convicted by a special CBI court here for fraudulently settling 11 PF claims amounting to Rs 44,74,895 by forging documents.
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Wednesday slammed Congress leader Digvijay Singh's move to file a petition, seeking a Supreme Court-monitored Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) probe into the Vyapam scam, and claimed that the former chief minister was challenging the authority of the Madhya Pradesh High Court.
As the body of Narendra Singh Tomar, an accused in the high-profile MPPEB scam (popularly known as Vyapam scam), was on Tuesday cremated, his father demanded a CBI probe of the death.
Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh on Tuesday filed a petition seeking Supreme Court monitored Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) probe into the mysterious Vyapam scam.
The Congress party on Tuesday said that powerful people were involved in the rising number of deaths of persons associated with the Vyapam scam and demanded that the Supreme Court must look into the matter.
Veterinary student Amit Sagar, an accused in the Vyapam scam, was found dead under mysterious circumstances in Sheopur district on Madhya Pradesh.
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) candidate Chander Singh Sisodia was on Tuesday leading by 4,352 votes against Congress' Subhash Sojatia in Madhya Pradesh's Garoth Assembly constituency bypoll.
BJP on Tuesday retained Garoth Assembly seat in Madhya Pradesh's Mandsaur district albeit with a reduced margin as compared to the 2013 elections.
The CBI must probe the deaths of accused and witnesses under mysterious circumstances in Madhya Pradesh's Vyapam scam, says the man who exposed the massive admission and recruitment scandal.
Supreme Court advocate KTS Tulsi on Monday alleged that the rising number of deaths associated with the Vyapam scam is an attempt to save Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan and demanded that an impartial probe should be conducted to get to the truth of the matter.
Actor turned Trinamool Congress MP Tapas Paul was on Monday granted bail by a West Bengal court in a case over his alleged inflammatory remarks.
The Congress on Monday linked the rising number of deaths associated with the Vyapam scam to the BJP Government at the Centre and in Madhya Pradesh, calling for a CBI inquiry to ensure a fair investigation into the case.
Madhya Pradesh Home Minister Babu Lal Gaur on Monday rejected calls for a CBI probe into the deaths of those allegedly involved in the high-profile Madhya Pradesh Professional Examination Board (MPPEB or Vyapam) scam a day after two more accused in the case were found dead under mysterious circumstances.
BJP MLA from Dharmpuri constituency in the district, Kallusingh Thakur escaped unhurt after he was allegedly shot at by four men under the Mandu police station limits, a police official said here on Sunday.
Two more accused in the high-profile Madhya Pradesh Professional Examination Board (MPPEB) scam died in the past 24 hours at Gwalior and Indore, adding another murky dimension to the massive scandal in which several politicians and bureaucrats are allegedly involved.
Over 71 percent people participated in the Garoth assembly constituency by-poll which was held peacefully in Madhya Pradesh`s Mandsaur district on Saturday, an election official said.
The Congress party on Saturday demanded that the Election Commission should take notice of Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan`s alleged audio tape and punish him as per the laws of the land.
Sixteen children fell ill after eating contaminated porridge at a childcare (anganwadi) centre here on Friday.
- Shahid-Mira's wedding card is out!
- I dream of a Digital India where knowledge is strength: PM Modi
- DNA: This genius farmer in Raipur builds drone using garbage dump!
- ISI funding NGOs in India to promote terror: RAW
- Nehru's Wikipedia page 'edited' by Govt department, alleges Congress
- Cases of drunken driving on the rise in Mumbai
- Bajrangi Bhaijaan is really special for Salman Khan
- Amarnath Yatra begins amid tight security arrangements
- DNA analyses PM Modi's Digital India programme
- Court Stops the Release of Sunny Deol's film Mohalla Assi
- Bihar polls: PM Modi to address first election rally in Muzaffarpur on July 25
- How safe is your digital currency?
- IOA offers financial aid to Satnam Singh's academy
- Fast N Facts @7:30 pm
- Bouncer beaten up by goons in Ghaziabad
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by 'VIPs' Rijiju, Fadnavis
- MK Stalin denies slapping man onboard Chennai Metro, Jayalalithaa condemns incident
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss
- ‘ABCD 2’ dancer Nilesh Nirbhavane arrested for gang-raping mentally challenged girl
- India celebrates National Doctors' Day, expresses gratitude for their indispensable service
- Kiren Rijiju 'delays' Air India flight, three 'offloaded' to accommodate him
- Former FIFA vice president Jack Warner tells US to prepare for long, hot summer
- Opposition slams AAP govt for setting aside Rs 526 cr for advertisements
- Washington Navy Yard lockdown: As it happened
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by Fadnavis, Rijiju; Aviation Minister apologises