The incident took place in Sidhi district of Madhya Pradesh.
Madhya Pradesh News
She told the officers that it was the only way to stop her brother-in-law from repeatedly raping her.
Heavy security arrangements have been made at and around the the disputed site Bhojshala in the Dhar town of Madhya Pradesh to avert any untoward incident on the occasion of Basant Panchami today.
Four persons were killed and three others seriously injured when a Sports Utility Vehicle (SUV) collided with a pick-up van near here in the early hours today, police said.
Amid a controversy over prayers by Hindus and Muslims at the Bhojshala in Dhar district of Madhya Pradesh, Congress leader Digvijaya Singh on Wednesday wondered who Vishva Hindu Parishad activists worshiped at the ancient shrine.
Madhya Pradesh's PWD Minister Sartaj Singh on Wednesday lambasted Congress for doing communal politics, stating the party is following the infamous divide and rule policy of the British Raj.
The upcoming bypoll to Maihar Assembly seat, a part of Satna Lok Sabha constituency in Madhya Pradesh, is not only crucial for opposition Congress but also for BJP following its drubbing in the Bihar state elections.
Setting a rare example of communal harmony, Muslims in Madhya Pradesh's Morena district have given land to build Ram Temple in their village.
The Cabinet of Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Tuesday held a meeting at an unusual place – on board a cruise boat.
Hindus can perform 'puja' and Muslims can offer namaz at the disputed Bhojshala monument in the district on 'Basant Panchmi' festival on February 12, the Archaeological Survey of India said in an order.
The youth, identified as Azhar Iqbal, was the 16th person to be arrested in connection with a case registered in Delhi.
BJP's Madhya Pradesh unit on Sunday expelled Anwar Mev, after he was charged with slaughtering a cow at his house and arrested.
Here are five things to know about Anwar Mev and the case
Anwar Mev was an office bearer of the BJP's Minority Cell before he was expelled from the party.
Three people were arrested and explosives weighing 1000 kilograms were also recovered from them at Sagar in Madhya Pradesh on Sunday.
Vyapam, which has been known for a massive admission and recruitment scam in Madhya Pradesh, has taken to rewarding teachers who detect fraud in examinations, honouring six of them on Friday.
Amid ongoing standoff between women protesters and Shani Shingnapur temple authorities over right to worship inside temple, the Madhya Pradesh Home Minister Babulal Gaur 's latest statement is likely to snowball into a massive controversy.
On October 26, 2015, Geeta returned to India nearly 15 years after she accidentally crossed over to Pakistan.
Archbishop of Bhopal, Leo Cornelio, on Saturday said the Madhya Pradesh government was yet to respond to its request regarding handing over some of the state-run schools in backward districts to the Catholic Church to improve their educational standards.
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan today lauded 8-year-old Aamir Shoaib for getting his gambler father arrested for his addiction.
Suspected terrorist Syed Ahmed Ali had allegedly threatened to blow up Taj Mahal and a dargah in UP.
A 4-year-old girl was raped by school bus conductor in Madhya Pradesh's Ujjain district on Tuesday.
Curfew was lifted today from two localities under Kotwali Police Station here following normalcy, three days after it was clamped due to a communal clash in the area.
In a veiled attack on Bollywood actor Aamir Khan, BJP's fiery leader Kailash Vijayvargiya said that it is annoying when somebody talks about intolerance in this country.
According to police, the activists claimed that they have recovered beef from their luggage but it was later found to be buffalo meat after laboratory test.
Four patients who underwent cataract surgery at a health camp in Sheopur town of Madhya Pradesh, have complained of loss of vision, an official said on Tuesday.
The Election Commission (EC) on Tuesday announced by-poll schedule for the Maihar Assembly seat in Madhya Pradesh which will be held on February 13.
Another couple has come forward claiming that the deaf-mute girl Geeta, who returned from Pakistan last October after accidentally landing in that country and staying there for over a decade, is their daughter.
Before the train entered Itarsi station, the man accompanying the victim got down when it slowed down in the outer section, although the woman could not disembark with him.
Ola cabs today sacked one of his drivers for allegedly raping a 28-year-old woman in Bhopal.
A member of India chapter of anti-graft NGO Transparency International (TI) on Saturday claimed that Madhya Pradesh government spent Rs 1.25 crore to "hire senior counsels to oppose the petitions demanding CBI probe into Vyapam scam".
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part III
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part II
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU
- Missing Army Captain Shikhar Deep found in Faizabad
- Tearful farewell to Siachen braveheart Lance Naik Hanumanthappa
- Rahul Gandhi greeted with black flags at JNU
- Titanic 2 - Replica of doomed ship to set sail
- PM Modi inaugurates Make in India Centre in Mumbai
- Return of jungle raj in Nitish's Bihar?
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- LeT chief Lakhvi`s son was gunned down by Indian troops in Kashmir: David Headley
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him
- India summons US ambassador on decision to sell F-16 fighter jets to Pakistan
- Missing Indian Army captain found in Faizabad
- NZ vs Aus, 1st Test, Day 2: Adam Voges breaks Sachin Tendulkar's 12-year-old world record
- JNU controversy: Right to dissent essential ingredient of democracy, says Rahul Gandhi
- MS Dhoni on Yuvraj Singh: Can't promote him over 'extraordinary' Virat Kohli, Suresh Raina
- At present India has a Government where PM has the last word: Jaitley to Manmohan Singh
- Valentine's Day special: Want to woo your loved one? Try these romantic messages
- VIDEO: Ravi Bopara blasts 71* off 43 balls before taking 6-16 in PSL