Even as the post mortem report of journalist Akshay Singh ruled out foul play, Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi on Saturday expressed anguish at the death and extended condolences to his family members.
Madhya Pradesh News
Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh on Saturday raised questions over the death of a Delhi-based news channel journalist, who had gone to Madhya Pradesh to investigate Vyapam case, demanding that his post-mortem should be done in camera under supervision of senior Doctors preferably in Delhi.
The Vyapam scam turned murkier on Saturday with an investigative journalist working for a leading Delhi-based news channel dying under mysterious circumstances soon after he interviewed parents of a girl who was found dead after her name figured in the massive admission and recruitment scandal.
The Congress Saturday alleged that anti-corruption watchdogs in Madhya Pradesh - Lokayukta and Economic Offences Wing (EOW) - are shielding those involved in corrupt practices, including ministers and bureaucrats.
Delhi Pradesh Congress Committee (DPCC) chief Ajay Maken on Saturday said that the way in which people related to Vyapam scam case are dying under mysterious circumstances is a matter of great concern.
Accusing Congress of killing Mahatma Gandhi's thoughts and using his name for selfish reasons, Union Minister Giriraj Singh on Friday said the party has ruined the establishments related to khadi, a hand-spun cloth that was once greatly promoted by Gandhiji.
A computer operator at an Aadhaar centre has been arrested in Madhya Pradesh for getting an Aadhaar card made for his dog, police said on Friday.
People in rural areas of the country might still be facing difficulties in getting an identity card but a man in Madhya Pradesh has managed to get a government ID for his dog!
Two senior officers of the Special Task Force (STF) investigating the high-profile MPPEB scam have claimed to have received threats allegedly from some influential people involved in the racket.
A nine-year-old boy has secured third place in an international Quran competition held at Jeddah in Saudi Arabia recently, his father claimed on Thursday.
Twenty five people were killed and nine injured after the bus they were travelling in collided with a truck coming from opposite direction in Madhya Pradesh's Khandwa district, police said on Thursday.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday expressed grief over the loss of lives in an accident in Madhya Pradesh's Khandwa district.
Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) on Wednesday demanded a CBI probe into the mysterious deaths of those involved in the high-profile MP Professional Examination Board (MPPEB) scam.
As the chorus for CBI probe into the alleged unnatural deaths of MPPEB scam accused is growing louder, the local branch of Indian Medical Association on Wednesday demanded probe by the central agency into the death of the dean of government medical college D K Sakalle, here.
The Madhya Pradesh High Court on Wednesday served a notice to the state government seeking its reply on the security arrangements at the tourist spots.
At least 19 people including four women were killed and about 15 others injured on Wednesday when the private bus they were travelling in collided with a truck near Choti Chhaegaon Makhan, about seven kilometres from here.
At least 12 people were today killed and 20 injured when the bus they were travelling in collided with a truck near Chhaegaon Makhan, about seven kilometers from here.
A local court has awarded five years imprisonment each to the parents of a newborn girl whom they had abandoned a day after her birth.
Twelve persons, including five employees of the Employees Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO), were convicted by a special CBI court here for fraudulently settling 11 PF claims amounting to Rs 44,74,895 by forging documents.
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Wednesday slammed Congress leader Digvijay Singh's move to file a petition, seeking a Supreme Court-monitored Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) probe into the Vyapam scam, and claimed that the former chief minister was challenging the authority of the Madhya Pradesh High Court.
As the body of Narendra Singh Tomar, an accused in the high-profile MPPEB scam (popularly known as Vyapam scam), was on Tuesday cremated, his father demanded a CBI probe of the death.
Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh on Tuesday filed a petition seeking Supreme Court monitored Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) probe into the mysterious Vyapam scam.
The Congress party on Tuesday said that powerful people were involved in the rising number of deaths of persons associated with the Vyapam scam and demanded that the Supreme Court must look into the matter.
Veterinary student Amit Sagar, an accused in the Vyapam scam, was found dead under mysterious circumstances in Sheopur district on Madhya Pradesh.
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) candidate Chander Singh Sisodia was on Tuesday leading by 4,352 votes against Congress' Subhash Sojatia in Madhya Pradesh's Garoth Assembly constituency bypoll.
BJP on Tuesday retained Garoth Assembly seat in Madhya Pradesh's Mandsaur district albeit with a reduced margin as compared to the 2013 elections.
The CBI must probe the deaths of accused and witnesses under mysterious circumstances in Madhya Pradesh's Vyapam scam, says the man who exposed the massive admission and recruitment scandal.
Supreme Court advocate KTS Tulsi on Monday alleged that the rising number of deaths associated with the Vyapam scam is an attempt to save Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan and demanded that an impartial probe should be conducted to get to the truth of the matter.
Actor turned Trinamool Congress MP Tapas Paul was on Monday granted bail by a West Bengal court in a case over his alleged inflammatory remarks.
The Congress on Monday linked the rising number of deaths associated with the Vyapam scam to the BJP Government at the Centre and in Madhya Pradesh, calling for a CBI inquiry to ensure a fair investigation into the case.
- Hema Malini injured in Dausa car crash
- 1,400 teachers with fake degrees resign in Bihar
- Telangana CM gets Rs 5 crore bullet-proof luxury bus
- Court clerk clears Rajasthan Judicial Service, becomes judge!
- DNA: Analysis of first SECC survey in eight decades
- AIB: Swatchh Bharat-Clean India reality check
- Telephone exchange case: CBI interrogates Dayanidhi Maran third time
- Why Bal Bharti School cancelled admission of 60 students?
- Now, another AAP MLA in fake degree row
- SECC will provide important input for policy makers: Arun Jaitley
- Aapke Sitare, July 2: Astro prediction for Aries, Taurus, Gemini and Cancer
- Aapke Sitare, July 3: Astro prediction for Aries, Taurus, Gemini and Cancer
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Nationwide mobile number portability from today!
- Kareena, Arjun Kapoor to start shooting for Balki's film by July end
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- No intention to surround India in 'string of pearl' bases: China
- Facebook doesn't pose threat: YouTube
- Kerala student with 100% marks denied admission in Delhi University, approaches HC
- This dog in Madhya Pradesh got an Aadhaar card for itself
- Govt releases first Socio-Economic and Caste Census in 8 decades
- MPs won't get hike in salary and allowances, govt not willing to accept proposals
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- France says no to asylum for WikiLeaks` Julian Assange