CBI on Saturday registered eight more FIRs in connection with Vyapam scam, taking the number of cases filed in connection with alleged irregularities in the conduct of professional and academic examinations by Madhya Pradesh Professional Examination Board to 23 so far.
Madhya Pradesh News
Madhya Pradesh government has shunted district Additional Superintendent of Police to Bhopal, in the wake of women protesters today threatening to set themselves afire, alleging the police was "protecting" the accused in a minor girl gangrape case.
An elderly man was administered glucose meant for animals at the district hospital here, following which a nurse and two hospital staffers were suspended.
In the midst of a controversy over the Vyapam scam, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan Friday said he would soon carry out an expansion of his council of ministers.
The Supreme Court on Friday gave six weeks time to the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) to appoint prosecutors in connection with its ongoing probe into the multi-crore Vyapam recruitment scam in Madhya Pradesh.
CBI on Thursday registered 15th FIR against 64 persons including OSDs of state Ministers in connection with its probe in Vyapam scam, taking over investigations in the case of Police Constable Recruitment Examination in 2013.
The CBI on Thursday registered its 18th FIR in connection with its ongoing probe in the Vyapam scam in Madhya Pradesh.
The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) has sent notice to Madhya Pradesh government over reports of employing children for begging on daily wages in Gwalior.
Yakub Memon, 1993 Mumbai serial blasts convict, was woken up at 3.30 am on Thursday, permitted a warm bath and provided a set of fresh clothes -- hours ahead of his scheduled hanging.
At least 54 people have been killed in Madhya Pradesh since the monsoon hit the state on June 14, the revenue department has said, adding that the kin of the dead will get compensation of Rs.4 lakh each.
A lesson on the life of late former president APJ Abdul Kalam will be taught in schools across Madhya Pradesh in a bid to make students ideal citizens in their life, Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan said here on Tuesday.
A patwari (government officer) was caught red-handed for allegedly accepting bribe of Rs 3,000 for regularising a marriage garden at Lahrauli village in the district.
The CBI on Monday registered the 16th FIR and another preliminary inquiry in connection with its ongoing probe into the Vyapam scam in Madhya Pradesh.
Police here detained the wife of the Vyapam scam whistle-blower Prashant Pandey briefly and seized Rs 9.96 lakh cash from her alleging it to be 'hawala' money, with her husband calling it a witch-hunt.
A flood like situation has been prevailing in Vidisha, Raisen, Shajapur, Harda, Betul and Sehore districts of Madhya Pardesh, owing to incessant rainfall since Thursday.
Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, under fire over the Vyapam scam, has described Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh as a "born conspirator" and alleged that Congressmen always hit below the belt.
The Supreme Court Friday asked the CBI to inform it within a week the specific time frame by which it will "take over" entire investigation into the Vyapam scam cases so that the issue of monitoring can be decided.
Over a dozen Youth Congress workers sustained minor injuries after police used force to stop them from marching towards Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan's residence here over the Vyapam scam.
CBI on Thursday registered an FIR against the then Controller of Examination, Vyapam, besides 37 others in connection with alleged illegalities committed in the Madhya Pradesh Junior Food Supplies Officer and Inspector, Weights and Measurements recruitment examination, 2012.
The CBI on Thursday registered a fresh FIR and two preliminary inquiries in connection with its ongoing probe into the Vyapam scam in Madhya Pradesh.
An accused in the 2002 Sabarmati Express train burning incident has been arrested from Jhabua in Madhya Pradesh by the Godhra Local Crime Branch (LCB).
After Madhya Pradesh, the Vyavsayik Pariksha Mandal or Vyapam was mulling conducting examinations at the national level, an RTI query has revealed.
As the Shivraj Singh Chauhan government faces heat over Vyapam scam, the mysterious death of Congress leader Sarla Mishra 18 years ago has led her two brothers on Thursday to demand a CBI probe alleging it was a political murder when Digvijay Singh was the Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh.
The roll numbers of 700 candidates in the 2012 Madhya Pradesh Pre-Medical Test were changed by a gang that guaranteed success in the competitive examination, documents reveal.
A leading NGO Thursday launched a signature campaign in Madhya Pradesh to create awareness about the Vyapam scam, saying that the admissions and recruitment fraud was not just a political issue.
Five Gwalior-based students accused of clearing their Vyapam pre-medical entrance exam by cheating have made an emotional appeal to President Pranab Mukherjee urging him to either restore their self-esteem or allow them to end their lives, said reports on Thursday.
Former Pakistan President Pervez Musharraf has been listed among 'great personalities' in a Class III book of a private school here.
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on Wednesday registered 13th First Information Report (FIR) against 52 persons, including former MP Education Minister, in connection with the mysterious deaths related to the infamous Vyapam scam in Madhya Pradesh.
The Monsoon Session of Madhya Pradesh Assembly was on Wednesday adjourned sine die, nine days ahead of its scheduled date, following ruckus over the high-profile Vyapam scam.
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan said that the concern expressed by senior BJP leader Shanta Kumar on the opposition's Vyapam scam allegations without knowing the reality was unnecessary.
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Vote bank politics on Yakub Memon's death?
- Two of four Indians kidnapped in Libya by ISIS released
- Kanwar Yatra: High alert sounded in western UP after IB alert
- AIB: Save the girl child- stop female foeticide
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Gurdaspur attack: Terrorists trained at Thailand-Myanmar border
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Vote bank politics on Yakub Memon's death? Part-2
- Onion prices shoot up to 200 per cent, touch Rs 50/kg
- US woman alleges molestation by cab driver in Delhi
- Top Bollywood Breaking news
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!
- Rahul Gandhi meets protesting FTII students, says RSS promoting mediocrity
- Yakub Memon hanging: J&K MLA reveals he met Tiger Memon in PoK
- Mira Rajput to sizzle with Shahid Kapoor on ‘Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded’?
- 'I spat in your coffee everyday' – Intern's note to boss goes viral
- Those present at Yakub Memon's funeral are 'potential terrorists': Tripura Governor Tathagata Roy
- Gurdaspur attack: ISI trained terrorists at Thailand-Myanmar border for 10 days
- India, Bangladesh enclave residents get freedom after 68 years
- Jammu bandh over AIIMS turns violent, police use force to disperse protesters; Oppn targets BJP