She told the officers that it was the only way to stop her brother-in-law from repeatedly raping her.
Madhya Pradesh News
Heavy security arrangements have been made at and around the the disputed site Bhojshala in the Dhar town of Madhya Pradesh to avert any untoward incident on the occasion of Basant Panchami today.
Four persons were killed and three others seriously injured when a Sports Utility Vehicle (SUV) collided with a pick-up van near here in the early hours today, police said.
Amid a controversy over prayers by Hindus and Muslims at the Bhojshala in Dhar district of Madhya Pradesh, Congress leader Digvijaya Singh on Wednesday wondered who Vishva Hindu Parishad activists worshiped at the ancient shrine.
Madhya Pradesh's PWD Minister Sartaj Singh on Wednesday lambasted Congress for doing communal politics, stating the party is following the infamous divide and rule policy of the British Raj.
The upcoming bypoll to Maihar Assembly seat, a part of Satna Lok Sabha constituency in Madhya Pradesh, is not only crucial for opposition Congress but also for BJP following its drubbing in the Bihar state elections.
Setting a rare example of communal harmony, Muslims in Madhya Pradesh's Morena district have given land to build Ram Temple in their village.
The Cabinet of Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Tuesday held a meeting at an unusual place – on board a cruise boat.
Hindus can perform 'puja' and Muslims can offer namaz at the disputed Bhojshala monument in the district on 'Basant Panchmi' festival on February 12, the Archaeological Survey of India said in an order.
The youth, identified as Azhar Iqbal, was the 16th person to be arrested in connection with a case registered in Delhi.
BJP's Madhya Pradesh unit on Sunday expelled Anwar Mev, after he was charged with slaughtering a cow at his house and arrested.
Here are five things to know about Anwar Mev and the case
Anwar Mev was an office bearer of the BJP's Minority Cell before he was expelled from the party.
Three people were arrested and explosives weighing 1000 kilograms were also recovered from them at Sagar in Madhya Pradesh on Sunday.
Vyapam, which has been known for a massive admission and recruitment scam in Madhya Pradesh, has taken to rewarding teachers who detect fraud in examinations, honouring six of them on Friday.
Amid ongoing standoff between women protesters and Shani Shingnapur temple authorities over right to worship inside temple, the Madhya Pradesh Home Minister Babulal Gaur 's latest statement is likely to snowball into a massive controversy.
On October 26, 2015, Geeta returned to India nearly 15 years after she accidentally crossed over to Pakistan.
Archbishop of Bhopal, Leo Cornelio, on Saturday said the Madhya Pradesh government was yet to respond to its request regarding handing over some of the state-run schools in backward districts to the Catholic Church to improve their educational standards.
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan today lauded 8-year-old Aamir Shoaib for getting his gambler father arrested for his addiction.
Suspected terrorist Syed Ahmed Ali had allegedly threatened to blow up Taj Mahal and a dargah in UP.
A 4-year-old girl was raped by school bus conductor in Madhya Pradesh's Ujjain district on Tuesday.
Curfew was lifted today from two localities under Kotwali Police Station here following normalcy, three days after it was clamped due to a communal clash in the area.
In a veiled attack on Bollywood actor Aamir Khan, BJP's fiery leader Kailash Vijayvargiya said that it is annoying when somebody talks about intolerance in this country.
According to police, the activists claimed that they have recovered beef from their luggage but it was later found to be buffalo meat after laboratory test.
Four patients who underwent cataract surgery at a health camp in Sheopur town of Madhya Pradesh, have complained of loss of vision, an official said on Tuesday.
The Election Commission (EC) on Tuesday announced by-poll schedule for the Maihar Assembly seat in Madhya Pradesh which will be held on February 13.
Another couple has come forward claiming that the deaf-mute girl Geeta, who returned from Pakistan last October after accidentally landing in that country and staying there for over a decade, is their daughter.
Before the train entered Itarsi station, the man accompanying the victim got down when it slowed down in the outer section, although the woman could not disembark with him.
Ola cabs today sacked one of his drivers for allegedly raping a 28-year-old woman in Bhopal.
A member of India chapter of anti-graft NGO Transparency International (TI) on Saturday claimed that Madhya Pradesh government spent Rs 1.25 crore to "hire senior counsels to oppose the petitions demanding CBI probe into Vyapam scam".
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Odd-even formula to be back in Delhi from April 15
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Afzal Guru row: Why not action against supporters at JNU?- Part III
- Japanese student spotted cleaning garbage in Delhi
- Afzal Guru row: Why not action against supporters at JNU?- Part II
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?
- Afzal Guru row: Why not action against supporters at JNU?- Part IV
- DNA: Service chiefs, leaders pay tribute to Siachen hero Hanumanthappa
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- 'Pakistan zindabad' slogans at JNU: Rajnath Singh, Smriti Irani to order action against 'anti-nationals'?
- Salman Khan hints at marriage plans; is Iulia Vantur the lucky girl?
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- 'Meri Pyaari Bindu': Get a slice of singer Parineeti Chopra – Watch video
- Kareena Kapoor, Parineeti Chopra rejected Hrithik Roshan's 'Kaabil'- Here's why
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh