The Central Forensic Sciences Laboratory (CFSL) Delhi has asked Jhabua Police to collect viscera reports of TV journalist Akshay Singh, who died under mysterious circumstances after having interviewed parents of victim Namrata Damor, whose name figured in the Vyapam scam.
Madhya Pradesh News
Terming the present Haj quota for 3,000 pilgrims as insufficient, the Madhya Pradesh Haj Committee on Sunday demanded that the Centre should give this quota as per the 2011 census to the state.
Chlorine gas on Saturday leaked from a water filtration plant of Bhopal Municipal Corporation in Bag Sevania area here, no casualities reported so far, police said.
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan has said that a law will be framed to allot residential land to poor people, claiming it will be the first of its kind initiative in the country.
The Madhya Pradesh unit of the Congress on Friday distributed free onions and pulses here to mark its protest against their soaring prices.
A Dalit woman sarpanch of a village here has alleged that the proprietor of a fair price shop and his aides threatened to kill her and also insulted and tried to intimidate her for passing a resolution against malpractices at the PDS outlet.
BJP MLA Kalu Singh Thakur, his driver and one of his supporters were booked today for allegedly indulging in violence at a toll booth in Indore district two days ago.
Nearly 3,000 Haj pilgrims from Madhya Pradesh will start leaving for their journey from August 31.
Union Minister Prakash Javadekar took potshots at Congress chief whip in the Lok Sabha Jyotiraditya Scindia on Tuesday and alleged that two acres of land belonging to the Jyotiraditya Scindia Charitable Trust was sold off unlawfully at Gwalior in Madhya Pradesh.
A ruling BJP MLA and his supporters allegedly ransacked a tool booth following an altercation with the workers manning it when they were asked to pay the toll fee in Indore district.
With an aim to promote Hindi in view of the World Hindi Conference here next month, a campaign is to be launched from Tuesday to have all signboards in the Madhya Pradesh state capital written in Hindi language.
Keen to educate students about constellations and properties of trees, the Madhya Pradesh government will develop 'Nakshatra Vatikas' in government schools.
Cornered over Vyapam scam, but buoyed by results of just-held local body elections in Madhya Pradesh, Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan is set to expand his Cabinet by this month-end.
The CBI on Friday registered seven fresh FIRs and two more preliminary enquiries in its ongoing probe into the Vyapam scam in Madhya Pradesh.
Rejecting BJP's claim that the Vyapam scam had no impact on recently held Madhya Pradesh civic polls, CPI(M) on Friday said the graft cases will "surely" affect the results of forthcoming state assembly elections.
On the run for almost a year in a kidnapping case, local MLA KK Shrivastava on Friday surrendered before the police.
The Centre will make all efforts to start international flights from Madhya Pradesh to boost commercial and tourism potential of the state, Union Minister Mahesh Sharma has said.
Madhya Pradesh legislator KK Shrivastava, who was absconding for a year, was arrested on Friday, police said.
The CBI on Thursday registered the 84th FIR in connection with its probe into the Vyapam scam in Madhya Pradesh.
The Madhya Pradesh High Court has asked the state archaeology department to study certain sites in Chitrakoot area of Satna district where according to the Hindu mythology Lord Rama spent his 14-year exile and decide if they should be preserved.
Madhya Pradesh Home Minister Babulal Gaur on Wednesday worshipped live snakes on the occasion of serpent festival, Naag Panchami.
Asserting that his hands are clean in the Vyapam scam, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Wednesday accused Congress of ruining the state's image by mounting a campaign of false allegations to secure its selfish interests, which he said the people rejected ourtright as is evident from the BJP's clean sweep in civic polls.
Senior doctors who did post-mortem of Namrata Damore, an alleged beneficiary of MBBS admission through Vyapam, and police officials who investigated the case have come under the scanner of CBI for their contradictory reports and investigations.
Nineteen districts of Madhya Pradesh have received more than normal rainfall this season, while it was normal in 19 others and less than normal in the remaining 13 districts.
Just three months short of completing a decade in office on November 29, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan today said he has not indulged in any wrongdoing in the Vyapam scam and that he sticks to 'honesty is the best policy' approach in politics.
Nearly 300 eunuch have been carrying out a campaign against open defecation under the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan in Madhya Pradesh, with a state minister on Tuesday saying that his government's idea to rope-in eunuchs to discourage the unhealthy practice in three districts has paid off.
Protesting against the Rajasthan High Court's decision which held the practise of Santhara (a ritual self-starvation to death) among the Jains as illegal, a large number of community members on Monday staged a demonstration here.
CBI on Monday registered one more case in connection with the alleged cheating, forgery and irregularities in the conduct of examinations by Vyapam in Madhya Pradesh, taking the total number of cases filed to 71.
Expressing his delight with the verdict of the civic polls in Madhya Pradesh, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday thanked the people for reposing their trust in the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Sunday dedicated the BJP's win in the civic polls to Prime Minister Narendra Modi and said that it was a victory of the latter's policies.
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- India's ceasefire violations threat to regional peace and security: Nawaz Sharif
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Sheena murder case: Indrani and Peter Mukerjea questioned at Khar Police Station
- Top 25 news @12 pm
- Sheena murder case: Peter Mukherjea to be questioned today
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- Trade union strike hits normal life in Delhi, West Bengal, Mumbai
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Customer steals Harley Davidson bike on pretext of test drive
- 4 terrorists killed in encounter in Jammu and Kashmir
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Parineeti Chopra turns 'sexy pari' for sizzling photo-shoot
- When India came close to striking Pakistan's nuke sites
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Bang-bang time! MS Dhoni, Virender Sehwag, Shahid Afridi to play in charity match in London
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- OMG! Excessive exposure to porn may make Indian women sex addicts
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- This is how Indrani Mukerjea is spending her days in police lockup
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda
- Pankaj Advani hits out at government for awarding Khel Ratna to Sania Mirza