The Enforcement Directorate's money laundering probe into the Vyapam scam in Madhya Pradesh is "on track", the agency's chief said on Tuesday.
Madhya Pradesh News
OP Shukla, former OSD to Laxmikant Mishra and an accused in the Vyapam scam, was today discharged from the Government Hamidia Hospital here and sent back to jail.
A first-year MBBS student of King George Medical College (KGMC), Lucknow, arrested in the Vyapam scam, was on Tuesday remanded by a court here to 15-day judicial custody.
With the Congress seeking a Supreme Court-monitored CBI probe into Vyapam scam, BJP Tuesday accused the Opposition party of practising "politics of death", insisting that only judiciary can take a final decision about any form of investigation.
Hours after Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan said on Tuesday that he would recommend a CBI probe into the Vyapam scam to the High Court, the state government filed a plea in the matter.
Congress on Tuesday dismissed MP Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan's decision to request the High Court to conduct a CBI inquiry into the Vyapam scam, insisting that a Supreme Court-monitored CBI probe could alone ensure a "fair" investigation.
Congress on Tuesday kept up the attack on BJP over the recent run of controversies that have hit the party, saying that its silence on the Vyapam scam in Madhya Pradesh and the Lalit Modi affair was "indicative" of how it treats the media and public opinion.
The forensic head of the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Dr. Sudhir Gupta, on Tuesday said that a medical board will be formed to further decide on what actually caused TV journalist Akshay Singh's death.
Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh on Tuesday accused the BJP government in Madhya Pradesh of acting 'stubborn' by refusing a CBI probe into the Vyapam scam.
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Tuesday recommended a CBI probe into Madhya Pradesh Professional Examination Board (MPPEB) scam, also called the Vyapam scam, in which more than two dozen accused and witnesses have died under mysterious circumstances.
The Delhi Police, Tuesday, said that the post-mortem report of Vyapam scam-linked Dr Arun Sharma remains inconclusive and requires further examination.
Youth Congress activists on Tuesday staged a protest against the Madhya Pradesh Government with regard to the Vyapam scam.
As the opposition continues to demand Prime Minister Narendra Modi's statement on the Vyapam scam, which has shook the Bharatiya Janata Party-led government in Madhya Pradesh, Union Law Minister Sadananda Gowda on Tuesday said that the PM need not answer on silly issues.
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Tuesday said the government is doing whatever it can in connection with the Vyapam scam, and added that the required inquiry must be conducted.
As the mystery continues to deepen in the Vyapam scam, Haryana IAS officer Ashok Khemka on Tuesday demanded to stop the rot in public appointments and opined that Supreme Court must step in.
In an important development, the Supreme Court on Tuesday agreed to hear a petition filed by senior Congress leader Digvijay Singh seeking a court-monitored CBI probe into Madhya Pradesh’s multi-crore Vyapam scam, in which more than two dozen accused and witnesses have died under mysterious circumstances.
Congress leader PL Punia on Tuesday demanded a CBI probe monitored by the Supreme Court into the Vyapam scam.
A US-based media watchdog has called for full investigation into the death of TV journalist Akshay Singh while covering the Vyapam scam in Madhya Pradesh.
Hours after a trainee woman cop allegedly committed suicide by jumping into a lake in Sagar, an MP Police constable was found dead in Orchha late on Monday.
Union Minister Uma Bharti on Monday said she is "scared" by the number of deaths associated with the Vyapam scam in Madhya Pradesh and said there is "panic" in the state due to these deaths.
Amid mounting outrage over the Vyapam deaths, Opposition on Monday sharpened its attack on Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, demanding his sacking over "cold-blooded murders" but BJP backed its beleagured leader and disfavoured the state ordering a CBI probe.
The Madhya Pradesh unit of the Congress on Monday dubbed Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan as the "kingpin" of the Vyapam scam and held him responsible for the deaths of those connected with the racket.
No internal or external injuries were found on the body of TV journalist Akshay Singh, who suddenly took ill and died last weekend while covering the Vyapam scam of Madhya Pradesh, according to the post-mortem report.
A medical board on Monday conducted a post mortem on the body of the dean of Jabalpur Medical College, a day after he was found dead in a hotel under mysterious circumstances even as Delhi Police chief B S Bassi said no foul play could be suspected as per initial probe.
Questioning the "normally outspoken" prime minister's silence over the Vyapam scam, CPI(M) on Monday accused the BJP-led government of "encouraging" crime and corruption as it sought a Supreme Court-monitored CBI probe into the "sordid" affair.
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Monday accused the Congress of playing politics over "dead bodies" and maintained that only the high court can refer the investigation into the Vyapam scam to the CBI.
Backing Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan's stand that only the courts can decided on a CBI probe into the Vyapam scam, Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh said it is for the Madhya Pradesh High Court and the Supreme Court to decide on the matter.
The Trinamool Congress (TMC) on Monday urged the Supreme Court to take suo moto action and order an appropriate probe into the recent spate of deaths related to the Vyapam scam.
Facing the heat over the Vyapam scam after a series of mysterious deaths, the BJP Government in Madhya Pradesh on Monday accused the Congress of "playing politics over the deceased" and asserted that Jabalpur Medical College Dean Arun Sharma's death was not related to the case.
After the Madhya Pradesh government agreed to get the viscera samples of deceased TV journalist Akshay Singh tested at AIIMS in Delhi, a panel of doctors that conducted the autopsy on the body at the Dahod General Hospital in Gujarat have "reserved" their opinion on the cause of death, police said on Monday.
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- DNA: Growing Russia-China ties a concern for India
- Waterlogging, traffic jams in Delhi after rains
- Woman set ablaze in UP, Akhilesh orders magisterial probe
- DNA: All you need to know about Vyapam scam
- ED issues summons to Lalit Modi in money laundering case
- Vyapam scam: CBI probe only if courts intervene, says Rajnath Singh
- Arvind Kejriwal wants referendum on statehood for Delhi
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed
- Uddhav Thakeray hits out at BJP, says corruption visible everywhere
- SC allows child's guardianship without father's consent to unwed mother
- Aapke Sitare, July 6: Astro prediction for Aries, Taurus, Gemini and Cancer
- Aapke Sitare, July 6: Astro prediction for Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius and Pisces
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends
- Vyapam scam: Only courts can order CBI probe, says Rajnath Singh
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University
- Vyapam scam: Vijayvargiya stokes controversy, says “Is a journalist bigger than me?"
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput Wedding: All you need to know
- Bombs at mosque, restaurant in central Nigerian city kill 51
- Pallavi Joshi resigns from FTII, lends support to students
- Ajay Devgn to appear on 'Nach Baliye 7' finale?
- No confirmation on meeting with Manohar Parrikar on OROP: Ex-servicemen
- Unwed mother can apply for child's guardianship without father's consent: SC