Pakshi Singh, the sister of television reporter Akshay Singh who died in Madhya Pradesh under mysterious circumstances while on a trail of Vyapam scam, on Sunday demanded that his viscera should be examined outside that state for a fair investigation.
Madhya Pradesh News
The Madhya Pradesh government is writing to the high court-constituted SIT probing the Vyapam recruitment scam to thoroughly investigate the death of TV scribe Akshay Singh, Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan said on Sunday, a day after he died under mysterious circumstances.
Fearing threat to his life, Indian Medical Association (IMA) district president Sudhir Chaudhary on Monday sought security from police shortly after body of Arun Sharma, dean of Jabalpur's NS medical college, was found in a Delhi hotel.
In what is set to add more murkiness to the notorious Vyapam scam in Madhya Pradesh, Dean of Jabalpur's NS medical college, Arun Sharma was found dead under mysterious circumstances in a hotel in Delhi.
Fresh trouble appears to loom for the BJP government in Madhya Pradesh on Saturday with a journalist dying under mysterious circumstances after having interviewed parents of a girl who had been found dead near railway tracks after her name figured in the mysterious Vyapam scam.
Even as the post mortem report of journalist Akshay Singh ruled out foul play, Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi on Saturday expressed anguish at the death and extended condolences to his family members.
Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh on Saturday raised questions over the death of a Delhi-based news channel journalist, who had gone to Madhya Pradesh to investigate Vyapam case, demanding that his post-mortem should be done in camera under supervision of senior Doctors preferably in Delhi.
The Vyapam scam turned murkier on Saturday with an investigative journalist working for a leading Delhi-based news channel dying under mysterious circumstances soon after he interviewed parents of a girl who was found dead after her name figured in the massive admission and recruitment scandal.
The Congress Saturday alleged that anti-corruption watchdogs in Madhya Pradesh - Lokayukta and Economic Offences Wing (EOW) - are shielding those involved in corrupt practices, including ministers and bureaucrats.
Delhi Pradesh Congress Committee (DPCC) chief Ajay Maken on Saturday said that the way in which people related to Vyapam scam case are dying under mysterious circumstances is a matter of great concern.
Accusing Congress of killing Mahatma Gandhi's thoughts and using his name for selfish reasons, Union Minister Giriraj Singh on Friday said the party has ruined the establishments related to khadi, a hand-spun cloth that was once greatly promoted by Gandhiji.
A computer operator at an Aadhaar centre has been arrested in Madhya Pradesh for getting an Aadhaar card made for his dog, police said on Friday.
People in rural areas of the country might still be facing difficulties in getting an identity card but a man in Madhya Pradesh has managed to get a government ID for his dog!
Two senior officers of the Special Task Force (STF) investigating the high-profile MPPEB scam have claimed to have received threats allegedly from some influential people involved in the racket.
A nine-year-old boy has secured third place in an international Quran competition held at Jeddah in Saudi Arabia recently, his father claimed on Thursday.
Twenty five people were killed and nine injured after the bus they were travelling in collided with a truck coming from opposite direction in Madhya Pradesh's Khandwa district, police said on Thursday.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday expressed grief over the loss of lives in an accident in Madhya Pradesh's Khandwa district.
Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) on Wednesday demanded a CBI probe into the mysterious deaths of those involved in the high-profile MP Professional Examination Board (MPPEB) scam.
As the chorus for CBI probe into the alleged unnatural deaths of MPPEB scam accused is growing louder, the local branch of Indian Medical Association on Wednesday demanded probe by the central agency into the death of the dean of government medical college D K Sakalle, here.
The Madhya Pradesh High Court on Wednesday served a notice to the state government seeking its reply on the security arrangements at the tourist spots.
At least 19 people including four women were killed and about 15 others injured on Wednesday when the private bus they were travelling in collided with a truck near Choti Chhaegaon Makhan, about seven kilometres from here.
At least 12 people were today killed and 20 injured when the bus they were travelling in collided with a truck near Chhaegaon Makhan, about seven kilometers from here.
A local court has awarded five years imprisonment each to the parents of a newborn girl whom they had abandoned a day after her birth.
Twelve persons, including five employees of the Employees Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO), were convicted by a special CBI court here for fraudulently settling 11 PF claims amounting to Rs 44,74,895 by forging documents.
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Wednesday slammed Congress leader Digvijay Singh's move to file a petition, seeking a Supreme Court-monitored Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) probe into the Vyapam scam, and claimed that the former chief minister was challenging the authority of the Madhya Pradesh High Court.
As the body of Narendra Singh Tomar, an accused in the high-profile MPPEB scam (popularly known as Vyapam scam), was on Tuesday cremated, his father demanded a CBI probe of the death.
Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh on Tuesday filed a petition seeking Supreme Court monitored Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) probe into the mysterious Vyapam scam.
The Congress party on Tuesday said that powerful people were involved in the rising number of deaths of persons associated with the Vyapam scam and demanded that the Supreme Court must look into the matter.
Veterinary student Amit Sagar, an accused in the Vyapam scam, was found dead under mysterious circumstances in Sheopur district on Madhya Pradesh.
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) candidate Chander Singh Sisodia was on Tuesday leading by 4,352 votes against Congress' Subhash Sojatia in Madhya Pradesh's Garoth Assembly constituency bypoll.
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- DNA: Analysis of first SECC survey in eight decades
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- DNA: All you need to know about Indian boxer Manoj Kumar
- Aapke Sitare, July 4: Astro prediction for Leo, Virgo, Libra and Scorpio
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Top 10 news @7am
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Vijender Singh
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Jharkhand: Girl commits suicide after parents refuse to build toilet in home
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani
- Kareena Kapoor already thinks 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' biggest hit: Salman Khan
- Log on to upsc.gov.in to check UPSC Civil Services Examination 2014 Results
- Right to die: Belgian doctors grant euthanasia to 24-year-old depressed woman
- Seahorse-inspired robots to assist in surgeries
- India refuses to vote against Israel at UNHRC
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Is `paleo-vegan hybrid` diet the answer to all our dietary issues?