Chouhan broke the record held by senior Congress leader Digvijaya Singh, who ruled the state for two consecutive terms from 1993-2003.
Madhya Pradesh News
A woman was allegedly raped on the pretext of marriage by a village panchayat official here, police said Thursday.
Four persons who were on their way to Omkareshwar temple were killed when their SUV fell into a dry river bed while crossing a bridge over Narmada river near Barwah town.
Ramkripal worked as a mason in Kedarnath when the tragedy struck in June 2013 killing thousands of people and leaving thousands missing.
A Shiv Sena minister in BJP-led Maharashtra government on Tuesday said actor Aamir Khan "can go to Pakistan" if he didn't love India and that people such as Aamir, Shah Rukh and thespian Dilip Kumar were like "snakes", considering their statements.
The daughter-in-law of self-styled 'godman' Asaram Bapu on Tuesday once again accused him and his son Narayan Sai of harassing her.
The ruling TRS on Tuesday retained the Warangal Lok Sabha seat by a record margin of over 4.59 lakh votes, while Congress emerged winner in Ratlam and BJP managed to retain the Dewas Assembly seat hours after counting of votes began.
The 25-year-old victim was rushed to a hospital with severe burn wounds on Thursday night but she succumbed to her injuries after a few hours.
No untoward incident was reported from anywhere in the two constituencies and polling was underway smoothly, an election official said.
The bypolls will be held tomorrow while the counting will take place on November 24.
Madhya Pradesh government is all set to launch financial literacy in all higher secondary schools of the state.
Two persons drowned and three others are missing after a boat carrying 14 persons overturned in the back waters of Indira Sagar Dam near Gopalpura village today, a senior official said.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi was on Thursday congratulated in the Madhya Pradesh Assembly for being named as the ninth most powerful person in the world by Forbes Magazine.
Mahdele, who holds the portfolio of Animal Husbandry, was caught on camera while purportedly kicking a boy.
A day after state minister Kusum Mahdele was caught on camera purportedly kicking a boy as he bowed to touch her feet, the Aam Aadmi Party on Monday sought her resignation and petitioned the Madhya Pradesh Human Rights Commission for stern action against her.
Reportedly, Mahdele kicked the boy in full public view when he asked her for one rupee.
Minister Mitra, arrested by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on December 12 last year for his alleged complicity in the Saradha scam.
A Bhopal Court on Saturday awarded life imprisonment to SIMI activist Abu Faisal in connection with the murder of Special Armed Force (SAF) constable Ghisiram Yadav at Khandwa in 2009. The court had on Friday held Faisal guilty of murder, criminal conspiracy, unlawful activities and illegal possession of arms in this case.
Abu Faizal, a key leader of banned Students Islamic Movement of India (SIMI), was on Friday convicted by a special court here for the murder of a police constable in 2009.
The locals of Nabi Baugh area in Bhopal are leaving in fear, as few more tigers have been spotted in the area in the recent times.
Geeta on Wednesday presented the national anthem in sign language.
The PMO has now directed its CPIO to handover the desired documents related to Vyapam scam sought by activist Ajay Dube after thorough examination.
Curfew was imposed on Saturday in a locality of the city following protest by an organisation over the route of Moharram procession.
Clashes broke out between members of two communities during Dussehra in Khargone with police cane-charging the rioters and lobbing teargas shells to control the situation in the town, where indefinite curfew has been clamped.
Police have sent DNA samples of 25 more unidentified victims of the Petlawad explosion, to ascertain whether the prime accused Rajendra Kasawa, who is missing since the blast took place, was actually dead.
Concerned over the plight of farmers due to less rainfall, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan has urged IAS and IFS officers to give a new direction to state's roadmap for development by suggesting short and long-term measures for providing relief to the scarcity-hit.
For the first time, a large number of eunuchs are expected to take a holy dip and participate in the rituals of the 2016 Simhastha-Kumbh in Madhya Pradesh's Ujjain district, where a separate Kinnar (transgender) akhada has come up.
Senior Congress leader Digvijay Singh has demanded CBI probe into the death of the retired Indian Forest Service officer Vijay Bahadur (63), who had served as observer for two recruitment tests conducted by the scam-tainted Madhya Pradesh Professional Examination Board.
Senior Congress leader Digvijay Singh has demanded CBI probe into the death of the retired Indian Forest Service officer Vijay Bahadur (63).
After a break of about three months in the chain of mysterious or otherwise deaths of Vyapam scam related people, the accidental death of an retired forest officer and former observer in Vyapam tests in Madhya Pradesh last week has renewed many questions.
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Jhansi's ammunition factory was target of ISI agents
- Panel discussion on film director Ali Akbar's accusation on Madrasa
- SC asks Govinda to apologise for slapping a fan in 2008
- Aamir Khan should learn from Baba Sahib Ambedkar, says Mayawati
- Parliamentary debate over alleged intolerance in India commences
- DNA: Heart-wrenching story of Major Dhruv Yadav's family
- Global Warming - a war to be fought
- Exclusive: Piyush Goyal optimistic of reaching a deal at Paris climate summit
- Kanpur: Minor girl raped in moving train, attendant arrested
- Intolerance debate continues in Parliament
- DNA: Meet Noor Jahan, who was praised by PM Modi in 'Mann ki Baat''
- Paris Summit: Protecting our planet & nature is a priority for India, says PM Modi
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- Revealed: How Pakistan's ISI spy racket operated in India
- Bigg Boss: Rimi Sen to get evicted?
- Media house attacked over derogatory cartoon in Maharashtra
- Bigg Boss: When Kriti Sanon played Aishwarya Rai’s part to romance Salman Khan
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals
- Watch: Purification in Maharashtra's Shani temple after woman breaks tradition
- Spirituality: Chant this Mantra dedicated to Lord Shiva on Monday
- Sonia Gandhi in US for regular medical checkup: Congress
- Bigg Boss 9: Keith Sequeira back in house, Varun-Kriti set ‘BB’ stage on fire!