Claiming that RSS activists have been indicted in at least 13 terror cases across India, former Maharashtra inspector general of police SM Mushrif on Thursday described the Hindutva outfit as India's No 1 terrorist organisation.
The NCP and Congress have decided to fight the upcoming Maharashtra Legislative Council polls together, state NCP chief Sunil Tatkare said here on Thursday.
Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis on Thursday said his government was not in favour of opening dance bars and would explore legal options after Supreme Court asked it to implement its order in this regard.
The CBI said that both Indrani and Peter formed various companies between 2006-07 and invested nearly Rs 900 crore.
The Supreme Court raised questions over the Maharashtra government's laws banning dance bars.
On this day in 2008, ten Pakistani terrorists had arrived by sea route and opened fire indiscriminately at people killing 166, including 18 security personnel.
NCP president Sharad Pawar on Wednesday said he would not be surprised if there is mid-term poll in Maharashtra soon after BMC (Mumbai municipal corporation) elections.
The seventh anniversary of the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks, which had claimed lives of 166 people and left hundreds injured, would be observed on Thursday.
Eknath Khadse on Wednesday said Aamir Khan's comments were part of "conspiracy" to defame the government.
CBI is likely to seek extension of police custody of media baron Peter Mukherjea in Sheena murder case.
Mumbai Police Commissioner Ahmed Javed on Wednesday said parents have a pivotal role to play to guard against the youngsters joining terror outfit ISIS.
Over one lakh school students from across the city are expected to participate in a programme to recite the preamble of the Constitution of India at Yashwant Stadium here on Thursday to mark the Constitution Day.
Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis on Wednesday refused to be drawn into the controversy over Aamir Khan's remarks on rising intolerance even as the ruling alliance partner Shiv Sena has hit out at the superstar.
The Congress and NCP are likely to formalise their pre-poll alliance next week for the upcoming elections to the eight seats of the Legislative Council from the self-government bodies in Maharashtra.
Sheena Bora was murdered in April 2012 and the case broke out in August this year.
The Mumbai Police have now decided that they will no more use Section 110 (public indecency) of the Bombay Police Act, 1951.
With every little ones' first cry comes a man banging a steel plate with a stick and ward boys and nurses running on the street offering "congratulations" and sweets to people.
The Enforcement Directorate on Tuesday conducted searches on the premises of a firm here in connection with its money laundering probe in the Rajasthan ambulance scam case.
Former media baron Peter Mukerjea is being evasive during his interrogation by CBI team here which grilled him for several hours on Tuesday after he was shifted from Mumbai in connection with the murder case of his step-daughter Sheena Bora.
In a shocking incident, a nine-year- old school girl from Bhayander here was allegedly raped by three of her teachers repeatedly since 2014.
Indrani Mukerjea, prime accused in the Sheena Bora murder case, had willed most of her property to Vidhie Khanna, her daughter from earlier marriage with Sanjeev Khanna, a co-accused in the case, the CBI chargesheet said.
All India Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (AIMIM) president Asaduddin Owaisi has dissolved its district units in Maharashtra, barring Mumbai and Thane, with immediate effect to curb infighting, a party official said here on Tuesday.
Observer Research Foundation Chairman Sudheendra Kulkarni has written a letter to Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis, suggesting that the state should join the international community in commemorating the 100th anniversary of Albert Einstein's 'General Theory of Relativity'.
The CBI is likely to subject former media tycoon Peter Mukerjea to narco analysis test as the agency believes the latter is ''deliberately concealing facts'' related to crime.
According to the girl, the teachers took turns to sexually abuse her several times in empty classrooms.
It seems blockbuster offers are raining for Indian aspirants from search engine giant Google.
Mumbai has 40 political parties which are on radar of the SEC, while 20 are from Thane district, 25 political parties got notice from Jalgaon, 24 from Pune, 22 from Ahemdnagar, 13 from Solapur, 21 from Satara, 13 from Sangli and 14 from Kolhapur includes Tararani Aghadi Paksha.
Earlier in the day, state unit BJP president Raosaheb Danve told reporters that date of Cabinet expansion will be decided at the meeting.
Vinod Nandgaonkar, presently on deputation with National Investigation Agency, his wife and son sustained injuries.
Peter Mukerjea and his wife Indrani, arrested in Sheena Bora murder case, had approached a senior Mumbai Police officer in 2012 seeking help to trace the call location of Sheena.
- DNA: Analysis of Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' remark
- DNA: Analysis of Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' remark- Part 2
- DNA: List of World's 'most racially intolerant' countries
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- DNA: Reality check on how Muslims are treated around the world
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- DNA: 12 years on, Nadimarg Kashmiri Pandits massacre still rankles
- Why did Aamir Khan talk about 'intolerance' before Parliament Session?
- India is a great country but it has a lot to learn from Singapore: PM Modi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- RJD-JD(U) legislators forcibly occupy govt bungalows in Bihar
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Details out: What Rahul Gandhi did during his two-month-long sabbatical
- When Sushma Swaraj was in charge of Modi government
- Ind vs SA, 3rd Test: Hosts look to trap Proteas in spin web
- Pakistani terror convict gets 40-year jail by US court
- Islamic State 'poster girl' beaten to death by jihadists
- Intolerance issue: AR Rahman expresses solidarity with Aamir Khan, says he too faced similar situation
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive
- Salt water bath: Know why it's good for your health!