Yakub Abdul Razzak Memon, convicted in the March 12, 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts, was hanged till death at the Nagpur Central Jail on Thursday morning, officials said.
In an unprecedented hearing held at the Supreme Court at 3 a.m. on Thursday, the court rejected 1993 Mumbai serial blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea seeking postponement of his hanging by 14 days.
Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) chief Raj Thackeray criticised All India Majlis-E-Ittehadul Muslimeen (AIMIM) leader Asaduddin Owaisi and actor Salman Khan here on Wednesday for opposing Yakub Memon's execution.
'I know that I am going to die. Only miracle can save me' – This is what 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon reportedly told a home guard posted near his barrack on Wednesday morning.
The Maharashtra Legislative Council Chairman Ramraje Nimbalkar today asked the Women and Child Welfare minister Pankaja Munde to submit a written explanation on the allegations of irregularities in the purchases worth Rs 206 crore by her department.
Law will take its own course on the issue of execution of Yakub Memon, Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis said here on Wednesday.
After the rejection of death row convict Yakub AR Memon's pleas by the Supreme Court and the Maharashtra governor, the state government is gearing up to execute him at 7 a.m. on Thursday in Nagpur Central Jail (NCJ).
A former deputy sarpanch of Godalwahi village in Dhanora taluka of Maharashtra was allegedly murdered by the Maoists as they suspected him to be a police informer.
Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon, whose last-ditch effort to escape the noose at the Central Prison here on his 53rd birthday tomorrow was rejected by the Supreme Court, has not prepared any will so far, the convict's lawyer Anil Gedam said here on Wednesday.
A day ahead of 1993 Mumbai serial blasts convict Yakub Memon's execution, the Nagpur jail authorities on Wednesday reportedly declared that he is mentally and physically fit.
A 15-year-old girl was allegedly raped by a 31-year-old teacher at his tuition class, police said on Wednesday.
Maharashtra Governor Vidyasagar Rao has rejected the mercy plea of 1993 Mumbai serial blasts convict Yakub Memon, Special Public Prosecutor Ujjwal Nikam said on Wednesday.
1993 Mumbai serial blasts convict Yakub Memon is due to be hanged on July 30. His curative petition was on Wednesday categorically rejected by the Supreme Court. Here are the latest developments in the case.
The hangman, who executed Ajmal Kasab in Yerawada prison in Pune, is likely to hang Yakub Abdul Razak Memon, the sole death row convict in 1993 Mumbai blasts.
Family members of some of the victims of 1993 Mumbai blasts Wednesday demanded that Yakub Memon be hanged and submitted a mass petition to Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis in this regard.
Maharashtra government has hiked the stipend for anganwadi sevikas and attendants by Rs 950 and Rs 500 respectively.
On a day when a three-judge bench of the Supreme Court is hearing the plea of Yakub Memon seeking stay on his execution, the 1993 Mumbai blasts convict on Wednesday filed a fresh mercy plea with the President, as per reports.
At least nine persons were killed and 10 others injured after a four-storey building housing 20 families collapsed in Thakurli in the Thane district.
Summary of SC judgement: The Supreme Court's three-judge bench has rejected Yakub Memon's plea against the dismissal of his curative petition and said that the same was disposed off rightly without any procedural lapse. The apex court also held that there was no lapse in the death warrant issued to Yakub Memon. Lastly, the SC has refused to stay Memon's hanging scheduled for tomorrow.
The death toll in the four-storey building collapse in Thakurli town in Thane rose to six on Wednesday. Ten others were injured after the building housing 20 families collapsed in Thakurli in the district on Tuesday night.
A three-judge bench of the Supreme Court is expected to decide on Wednesday whether death row convict Yakub Memon will be hanged on July 30.
At least four people died after a multi-storey building collapsed on late Tuesday night in Thane.
Shiv Sena will remain "neutral" if the allegations of corruption against Maharashtra BJP ministers come up for discussion in the state legislature this week, a Sena legislator said here today.
A minor fire today broke out in the basement of the iconic Taj Hotel in South Mumbai.
Late APJ Abdul Kalam was co-authoring a book on education with a leading educationist in Maharashtra.
The Maharashtra Legislative Assembly today paid rich tributes to former President APJ Abdul Kalam and veteran Dalit leader RS Gavai.
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) betrayed the people and also went back on its assurances to farmers in Maharashtra, former Maharashtra Pradesh Congress Committee (MPCC) president and sitting MLC Manikrao Thakre said here on Monday.
Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis on Monday recognised banking as the "most vulnerable" sector to cyber crime and expressed the need to employ appropriate remedies to counter the menace.
Several activists of the Shiv Sena on Monday burnt the Pakistani flag here to protest "Pak-sponsored" terror attack at Dina Nagar area of Gurdaspur district.
Scores of Shiv Sena workers along with Ambarnath Sena MLA Balaji Kinnikar held a protest at the Hill Line police station in the district against the alleged misbehaviour of police with a local Sena leader.
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- VVIPs, people pay last respects to Dr Kalam at his Delhi residence
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- The life and times of Dr APJ Abdul Kalam!
- DNA: How prepared is our police force to face terror attacks in future?
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Special: Zee News pays tribute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Aapke Sitare, July 28: Astro prediction for Aries, Taurus, Gemini and Cancer
- Three-storey building collapses in Thane, six dead
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC rejects Yakub Memon's plea against death warrant
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30
- Zee Media Exclusive: Wife says Yakub Memon unwell, appeals to govt for clemency
- APJ Abdul Kalam: This was his last moment...
- The 'funny guy' in APJ Abdul Kalam's life
- Was Taj Mahal originally a Shiva temple? Agra lawyers claim
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday
- APJ Abdul Kalam: 10 Things you don't know about his life
- APJ Abdul Kalam's family wants last rites to be held at Rameswaram